8.28 Discussion Thread

• john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 428
    Did i miss it I dont see a price for the dragon flag?

• hocuspokus
    hocuspokus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 213
    Did i miss it I dont see a price for the dragon flag?

40 mil

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 881
    Do people actually use the Hyper installations?  What are the circumstances for use?
    Not sure if people use this special. Nice stats but it conflicts with a good special. Don't remember which though.
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 71
    So are we going to have to choose between the manti flag or the dragon flag? If i remember right in the past you could only pick one side to redeem prizes from.
  • Jay-boy
    Jay-boy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 51
    “A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic” 
    ― Margaret WeisThe Soulforge
    ------
    Update Notes: Here (<--- Click Link)
    Discuss Below
    You did great job there Rampage at making prizes list could you please add these 3 Old things in Raid ?
    1.Zynth Reinforcement D5-M
    2.Zynth Reinforcement D5-X
    3.Explosive Overlay Special.
    And if possible could you please bring Zynth Reinforcement D5-C From locked store to Open store?
    Thanks 
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 71
    How many cat mortars can we have installed in base? You have two in the store and I already have two. What is the cap?
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 496
    Which specials are not able to be used with Radioactive Isotopes?
  • hocuspokus
    hocuspokus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 213
    butch1314 said:
    So are we going to have to choose between the manti flag or the dragon flag? If i remember right in the past you could only pick one side to redeem prizes from.
    yeah, was hopin for second makera for scatter fleet, not sure wich way to go now,
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,873
    Uhm....are those repair times on the D6 armors right?  One second each?
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,072

did I miss it?  where is the Hyper 30 that was called out in the pop up we got in game? 

• kixeyeuser_1379944741673_9229_1768884650
    kixeyeuser_1379944741673_9229_1768884650
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 42
    Uhm....are those repair times on the D6 armors right?  One second each?
    you can bet they will get changed now

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 419
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,245
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 6:27PM
    Joe_B222 said:

did I miss it?  where is the Hyper 30 that was called out in the pop up we got in game? 

• 104 - Points Payout: 2,500,000

• Drops: One shard for Hyper 30 Installation (collect 5 shards for 1 limited blueprint)
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 6:27PM
    Joe_B222 said:

• 104 - Points Payout: 2,500,000

• Drops: One shard for Hyper 30 Installation (collect 5 shards for 1 limited blueprint)

I saw that, I wanted the stats..  the anti has a pic with stats, thats what I wanted with the hyper 30.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Angus_B said:
    not sure I want to spend 40 mil and 18+ days on the dragon lead as it's flag effect is only within 125 range when the savage kodiak can hide in a corner and give the +50% defense for 8 days build time as it has no range limit
    The only way the flag is better then the Kodi, is if the deflections it adds to all the boats, will decrease the overall damage that adding a 5th hull to splash damage will cause.

Ill get it, and build it..   but if I take more damage in teh 117 then I currently do.. it will sit in my dock like the grid mono.

• Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,288
    following
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 396
    Joe_B222 said:
    Angus_B said:
    The only way the flag is better then the Kodi, is if the deflections it adds to all the boats, will decrease the overall damage that adding a 5th hull to splash damage will cause.

Ill get it, and build it..   but if I take more damage in teh 117 then I currently do.. it will sit in my dock like the grid mono.

The base hull itself has some interesting stats.  Arguably more than the aura.  If those CM stats mean it can be a decent CM tank, that frees up my IDs for more damage potential.

I also wouldn't count on the 117 allowing the use of a savage sitting in the corner for much longer.  This is KIX afterall, so my guess is we'll end up seeing either something that targets and kills the Savage, or see it locked out completely.  Just my guess at this point.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,907
    Angus_B said:
    Where is the build time for the GID? It would be nice if there were generic build tokens or GID-specific tokens to offset what will surely be a lengthy build - but this is where it is essential to manage the FM build tokens.

I have some of the tokens I opened from last week's FM, and the chests from this week, that gives me at least 9 days right there. Combined with the FM immediately following the raid, at least another 6 days, it will make that lengthy build much more manageable. Depending how long it takes me to get the 40 mil, my shipyard finishes a long build on Friday - yes, I planned that - by the time vxp weekend starts I could have 20+ days worth of building finished on my GID. #GameManagement. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • PhreddDevlin
    PhreddDevlin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 298
    Completion bonus for 100 & 102? Not listed on the stat sheet. Does that mean no bonus?
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 868
    ok nice flag for dragon, whoop, whats up with one or the other, i need a manticore flag and a dragon flag
    https://corp.kixeye.com/
    Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full ****, man. Never go full ****. 
  • Ramshagger
    Ramshagger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 15
    Completion bonus for 100 & 102? Not listed on the stat sheet. Does that mean no bonus?
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,907
    Joe_B222 said:
    Angus_B said:

The base hull itself has some interesting stats.  Arguably more than the aura.  If those CM stats mean it can be a decent CM tank, that frees up my IDs for more damage potential.

I also wouldn't count on the 117 allowing the use of a savage sitting in the corner for much longer.  This is KIX afterall, so my guess is we'll end up seeing either something that targets and kills the Savage, or see it locked out completely.  Just my guess at this point.
    Not sure they would retroactively lock out the savage from the 117, but I think when they introduce the next level targets (120, 126?), I have to believe they will definitely be Garrison-only targets. 

Either way, those poo-pooing the GID in favor of the savage may want to seriously consider this possibility. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,022
    no proto centurion build tokens in the raid?
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 396
    Joe_B222 said:
    Angus_B said:

Not sure they would retroactively lock out the savage from the 117, but I think when they introduce the next level targets (120, 126?), I have to believe they will definitely be Garrison-only targets. 

Either way, those poo-pooing the GID in favor of the savage may want to seriously consider this possibility. 
    Yeah, very possible it's a target escalation rather than retroactive lockout.  Also, agreed that either way it's better to stay current than find yourself behind when they move to requiring the GID.
  • PhreddDevlin
    PhreddDevlin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 298
    I have 4 Drags built and ranked. Need 3 more armor on each. Have not fired a shot in anger with them yet. I use Zelos/Mono on 111. I'll get the flag and build it. Someday I'll have the fleet finished to try it in a 112 or 117. Mantis are Finally done so the SY should be free for a bit. I have all those Proto-whatever tokens plus Proto-Tide tokens. Will prob never get around to those.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 169

If no bonus and points constant for 100s and 102s, what's the incentive for hitting 102s?

• john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 476
    why no tier 7 missle turrets? they have been out around 4 months now
  • kevinb1963
    kevinb1963
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 98

You aren't missing anything. These boats truly suck. Cant kill walls..can't kill with splash...but take splash damage on each boat.