New Faction - ???

Zero Calling
Zero Calling
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,133

Seems interesting. (Restrictions on Epsilon ECHO Cannon)
Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,124
    Like i said in another topic, it's not just an echo cannon, but all equipment starting from xeno and above. Same as always. With some exceptions like altairian resistors.
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Sequestor said:
    Like i said in another topic, it's not just an echo cannon, but all equipment starting from xeno and above. Same as always. With some exceptions like altairian resistors.
    I'm talking faction-wise here ;)

• Infinity EIC
    Infinity EIC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 152
    its probably infected or robot faction since the green viel (alien virus) was officialy created by the alterians
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 257
    its probably infected or robot faction since the green viel (alien virus) was officialy created by the alterians
    Your theory suit the flow of the story (game lore).
  • Kristo58
    Kristo58
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 119
    oooo it's rave thing :D :D :D 

ID 6520574    Sagittarius
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,322
    new damage  type "sonic" / " sound"
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Kristo58
    Kristo58
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 119

lol lol :D :D :D 

ID 6520574    Sagittarius
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,322
    I hope not, because sound doesn't work in space since there is no air for the waves to pass through. So either the weapons would all deal 0 damage and have no effect, or Kixeye would be creating something that blatantly makes no sense :P
      nor do explosions yet we have them, it was a joke anyway. its a game suspnesion of reality/physics applies
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Bumbl3b33
    Bumbl3b33
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 75
    I hope not, because sound doesn't work in space since there is no air for the waves to pass through. So either the weapons would all deal 0 damage and have no effect, or Kixeye would be creating something that blatantly makes no sense :P
    not expecting a new damage type but since when VC is following rules. We have alien dmg, alien is related to a race. we have void weapon, this one is funny as void is void, how void can be a weapon type.

Then if there is no air in space that means that if you shoot something it will continue to travel until it hit something, this mean we should not have maximum range on a projectile weapon.

What I mean is this is a game not real life and in a game things don't always follow real life rule.
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,124
    Curious fact: cyclotron beams are compatible with this new faction too. This may either mean that it will receive it's own carrier too, and even possibly that sovereign will remain strictly beam-oriented flagship. Or the compatibility line will vanish when the time comes and this means nothing at all.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 701
    edited 12 Jul 2018, 3:39AM
      nor do explosions yet we have them, it was a joke anyway. its a game suspnesion of reality/physics applies
    Explosions could happen. Even one with fire could happen if you assume that the ships contain oxygen and when they are hit the explosion of fire is some of that oxygen being burned. Anyways, my guess is that the new damage type will be some something either dark green or brown. What it'll be called doesn't really matter, it's all the same stuff just to make us take more damage and make old tech less viable. It's also possible that there will be no new damage type and Kixeye simply changed "Projectile" to "Kinetic" to remove confusion about their other uses of the word in things like "Projectile Speed" or "Projectile Range". (That's unlikely though, because Kixeye don't usually change things purely to remove confusion and clarify game mechanics. Not anymore at least.
    Not quite true Daniel,

They used to have differing names for Energy, Explosive & Projectile weapons, which lead to some confusion so they renamed them all to BEAM, MISSILE AND DRIVER.

So there is precedence for name changes in weapons
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 773
    Explosions could happen. Even one with fire could happen if you assume that the ships contain oxygen and when they are hit the explosion of fire is some of that oxygen being burned. Anyways, my guess is that the new damage type will be some something either dark green or brown. What it'll be called doesn't really matter, it's all the same stuff just to make us take more damage and make old tech less viable. It's also possible that there will be no new damage type and Kixeye simply changed "Projectile" to "Kinetic" to remove confusion about their other uses of the word in things like "Projectile Speed" or "Projectile Range". (That's unlikely though, because Kixeye don't usually change things purely to remove confusion and clarify game mechanics. Not anymore at least.
    Not quite true Daniel,

They used to have differing names for Energy, Explosive & Projectile weapons, which lead to some confusion so they renamed them all to BEAM, MISSILE AND DRIVER.

So there is precedence for name changes in weapons
    Erm...no they didn't. Look in your blueprints. Lots of Cannons, Rays, and Torpedoes. Only one that is consistent is Driver for Proje - I mean - Kinetic weapons. If you mean more recently, then that's also not true because just this season we've seen a Surge Beam and a Epsilon ECHO Cannon, which are both energy types. So you just further proved my point :P But so far it does seem like this change was done just for clarification purposes and the idea that it was because of a new damage type being added was just something that gained some traction because of something Cyrus said #blamecyrus
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    Apparently leaks have been posted. Take note.

• Flamin Hot
    Flamin Hot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 181

@Willyster said:

Could you show us these leaks?

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader

@Willyster said:

Could you show us these leaks?

It was somewhere in the forums. Go check it yourself.