Recent changes suck

john.ferry.946
john.ferry.946
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2
This has always been a fun game to play and have met dome great people here. Many of whom have met IRL. BUT the changes made in the last year are forcing many people to stop playing. The entire system is now geared towards the high level players that coin. Beginners have no chance whatsoever unless they coin, intermediate players have to coin in order to just maintain what they have ot they can not progress. Removing reaver armadas has eliminated many players from the ability to obtain Uranium, and now replacing scourge parts bases with legion colonies makes it near impossible. Eliminating the DUBS has further reduced the numbers of players. The entire trend seems to show that Kixeye does not care one bit about the players but rather the greed and coin grabs had forces thousands of players to simply quit the game. 
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,085
    It's a recognized rule of thumb in business that you do 80% of your business from 20% of your customers. 

I think mgmt thinks that by focusing on the 20% and ignoring the 80%, they'll increase their revenue. 

What they seem unable to understand is that by constantly driving away the 80%, they create a new 80% -- you can never have 100% of the 20%. They keep shrinking the player base smaller and smaller thinking that only by focusing on the small number of big spenders they'll have an ideal gaming world. 

I can't even imagine what sort of mindset thinks like that. 

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • john.ferry.946
    john.ferry.946
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2
    Very true, I have also noticed that the average number of players online at any given time had dropped from about 60,000 to about 25,000. That is over 100% drop rate. Very bad business model. I totally understand that this is a buisness, but when you cut your own throat its a problem.