The Server, unstable!!

XaccU
XaccU
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 23
edited 8 Jul 2018, 11:26AM

As this tile.

With Steam, Web and Phone I cannot access or go out of planet.

Now veiwing sector image.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,069
    The problem is on your side, i have none of this.
  • ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 148
    no, the problem is server side. cos bunch of us cannot even connect to the server...
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    If there was a problem on the server side, everyone would experience something bad. I have no lags or any other issues, everything is normal. A bunch of you may have connection issues due to some ISP problems there or something else.
  • ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    my iphone with 4G and ipad with different 4G provider, and PC with broadband fiber optic, none of them can connect....this is strange...
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 303
    Fiber 100M ..... Costantly Disconnection to server today !
    - Mascotte of N0VA - Italia -
  • kix_suks
    kix_suks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 73
    lost subspace connection 10 times today even now my ships fly on auto because i cant connect at all

• ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    I think Europe and asia suffer this server problems
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader

ossocdo said:
    my iphone with 4G and ipad with different 4G provider, and PC with broadband fiber optic, none of them can connect....this is strange...
    You say it as if you were driving a lamborghini on a highway. But there is a problem where you cannot see it: a truck lost it's cargo somewhere you don't see and now there is a traffic problem. But you keep saying "i'm driving a lambo on a highway! i should be moving fast no matter what!". People, try using some brains instead of disliking posts, it helps. Or at least make a poll to find out how many people suffer from this.
    I don't know where the server is located, but i know that i'm at least 9000km away from it (if it is in europe, and if not - double that) and i have no lags or any weird issues like you have.
  • christer.holmberg.10
    christer.holmberg.10
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 26
    ar same for me can not get att all now

• ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 8 Jul 2018, 12:41PM
    Sequestor said:

ossocdo said:
    You say it as if you were driving a lamborghini on a highway. But there is a problem where you cannot see it: a truck lost it's cargo somewhere you don't see and now there is a traffic problem. But you keep saying "i'm driving a lambo on a highway! i should be moving fast no matter what!". People, try using some brains instead of disliking posts, it helps. Or at least make a poll to find out how many people suffer from this.
    I don't know where the server is located, but i know that i'm at least 9000km away from it (if it is in europe, and if not - double that) and i have no lags or any weird issues like you have.
    i am not saying or bragging that my connections are fast or whatever you think....i am just stating that the problem is not on my side cos i have tried to use different providers and those providers and their connections to my devices are pretty much reliable, but still no connection....therefore the problem is at the server side.....

4g and fiber optics are common things nowadays, why you compare them to a Lamborghini which still rare in the world? :D 

btw it wasn't me who dislike your post. I appreciate your opinion.
  • justmeee
    justmeee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 251

Kix kicked me out at 2 am. Haven't been able to log on since.. Its a kix issue not my isp or connection

• EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 756
    Same issue for me now with the subspace connection lost, sequestor is clearly talking BS and trying to troll, this is clearly a Kixeye server issue
    This is just a test
  • Anne Brockman
    Anne Brockman
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1

Problems here too, have been able to login but some parts of the are not functionning. Can't remove or repair a ship. Can't launch a fleet…

• ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance

ok i can connect now..... give it a try
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 219
    Look into the image in the original post, we can clearly see that some element is not shown on screen (planet, star, wormhole etc..), or they is not being rendered on screen at all. Which means the problem is on the client side, since those elements are not stored on the server at all (They are stored in the game data files you downloaded when install from the app store.
  • ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    ah...good to know Xaya. Thanks.
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 951

@Sequestor said:
    ossocdo said:

I got a message back from support about an unspecified outage. Maybe it was a bad shard. It can be things you can’t see too...not related to isp at all.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    edited 8 Jul 2018, 1:48PM
    Okay, let's conclude some information, since people tend to complain a lot and do nothing to help the situation.
    Different sector clusters (or galaxies or whatever they are called) are actually different physical servers. Some servers may have problems while others are fine. What sectors are you from? How many more players around have the same issues? How many players around you have no issues? When did this begin? Are symptoms always the same? Are they identical to all who suffer from the problem?
    There may be more questions, but this is enough for now.

I would also add a question for those who have this problem: where are you actually located and does your trace route to the game server show normal status?
  • EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 756
    x4y4z4t4 said:
    Look into the image in the original post, we can clearly see that some element is not shown on screen (planet, star, wormhole etc..), or they is not being rendered on screen at all. Which means the problem is on the client side, since those elements are not stored on the server at all (They are stored in the game data files you downloaded when install from the app store.
    Incorrect, while yes the assets are stored locally on your PC it is the server that tells your PC  / game client what to do with those assets, so no it is the server that spawns the fleets and wormholes and it is then the server that then tells all connected game clients where to show the wormhole and location of AI fleets and so if the server is gubbed then that data is not sent to game clients.
    This is just a test
  • Daniel.A
    Daniel.A
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 82
    Same problem here
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    x4y4z4t4 said:
    Incorrect, while yes the assets are stored locally on your PC it is the server that tells your PC  / game client what to do with those assets, so no it is the server that spawns the fleets and wormholes and it is then the server that then tells all connected game clients where to show the wormhole and location of AI fleets and so if the server is gubbed then that data is not sent to game clients.
    Does the server needs to tell the client to place Planet, Wormhole, Main Star, and whatever-that-display-the-path-of-a-planet? Those information is fixed for each Sector, so I'm pretty sure the server have to tell the client where to place them.
    The server will store what I call them "dynamic element", which changes after each sync (fleet position, ship position, resources, ..), but it will not store something that can be pre-load to reduce server load.
    Imagine the game sync with the server 4 times per second, and each time it ask "Hey server, where should I place the Main Star and Planet around it?" and the server reply "It's exactly the same coordinate as the last time I tell you, but here you are anw.". Or another scenario where every sync the server have to tell the client "Hey, I told you last time to put the Main Star at x:100, y:50 did you do that?". That will be a waste of resource.
  • Chili Industries Ltd
    Chili Industries Ltd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 567
    While you may not have noticed, planets actually do move. A couple of years ago we were able to bookmark planets and those would follow the planets around as they moved. At one point it proved too much of a strain on the servers to keep updating the bookmarks, so Kix removed that feature. (You can still select bookmark planet, but it won't actually bookmark it)

It's hard to tell how much info is supplied by the servers, but it does look like it's everything. Suns, planets, fleets and wormholes. For instance, Kix can move wormholes literally from day to day without having to update the client, and thus avoids the lengthy Apple approval.

Suns could easily be part of the client as they don't really move, but I guess Kix wants to have the ability the change as much 'dynamic' stuff as possible at any given time. It would be rather silly if Steam users entered a planet or wormhole at one location, while iPhone users did at another.
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    I do notice that planets do move. I also agree that planet/wormhole/sun's location may be stored on the server. But those are not what I want to say.

What I want to say (what I really mean) on my first comment on this post is: If the sun, planets, wormhole, etc.. is not shown on screen, it is not the server's fault nor the internet connection's fault, since sending those information between server - client cost very small (just a couple of coordinate numbers). That should be the device's problem, or actually problem in the game file.

There may be a small chance for a case in which the client don't receive those location data so it spawn (draw) planets/sun at default location x:0, y:0, but since the image in OP shown fleet spawn in middle of the sector so that is not the cause.
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
    We did run into some server issues where it caused players to disconnected for a short time. But all should be well now, thanks all for the reports.
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,139
    CM_Lee said:
    We did run into some server issues where it caused players to disconnected for a short time. But all should be well now, thanks all for the reports.
    You  mean it went on for a few hours, and caused players to DC for  > 5  minutes unable to rejoin battle, where their high level fleets  , even though  NOT SET ON AUTO, continued to attack whatever fleet they were fighting, only to suffer 100% loss.

-that is the correct way to phrase this..

On that topic
    How come fleets continue on auto pilot when a player DC's even though AI is not set to "on", that alone makes no sense and only hurts players time and time and again due to lousy servers and combat DCs , only during  mind you events.[ how odd is that?]

What we continue to see is a very manageable set of conditions during very specific times. That they can monitor and try to fix, as we  know they  have said umpteen times they continue to monitor events/ [ I.E on how much damage players take/ coins spent]

- Summary It;s not that they can't, but won't, how come?
    @CM_lee can any light be shed on this occurrence that happens over and over, but isn't fixed/changed/addressed

###Here is a proposed fix###
    1- more combat servers.
    2- set it so  if DC'd fleets disengage and stop flying only to suicide themselves.
    3-  and no its not our internet

also how come some players not being compensated for this issue that is entirely out of their control when submitting tickets regarding it?  High end fleets are easily a day 1/2 repair or 400-500 coins.
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
    CM_Lee said:
    You  mean it went on for a few hours, and caused players to DC for  > 5  minutes unable to rejoin battle, where their high level fleets  , even though  NOT SET ON AUTO, continued to attack whatever fleet they were fighting, only to suffer 100% loss.

-that is the correct way to phrase this..

On that topic
    How come fleets continue on auto pilot when a player DC's even though AI is not set to "on", that alone makes no sense and only hurts players time and time and again due to lousy servers and combat DCs , only during  mind you events.[ how odd is that?]

What we continue to see is a very manageable set of conditions during very specific times. That they can monitor and try to fix, as we  know they  have said umpteen times they continue to monitor events/ [ I.E on how much damage players take/ coins spent]

- Summary It;s not that they can't, but won't, how come?
    @CM_lee can any light be shed on this occurrence that happens over and over, but isn't fixed/changed/addressed

###Here is a proposed fix###
    1- more combat servers.
    2- set it so  if DC'd fleets disengage and stop flying only to suicide themselves.
    3-  and no its not our internet

also how come some players not being compensated for this issue that is entirely out of their control when submitting tickets regarding it?  High end fleets are easily a day 1/2 repair or 400-500 coins.
    Reason being if they do not go into autopilot this could be an exploitable. When issues arise like a server disconnect, CS does issue gold for the repair. If you did not get compensated send in a ticket and once verified that you took a repair cost and got hit during the disruption they will send a credit. 
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    edited 9 Jul 2018, 8:57PM
    CM_Lee said:
    Reason being if they do not go into autopilot this could be an exploitable. When issues arise like a server disconnect, CS does issue gold for the repair. If you did not get compensated send in a ticket and once verified that you took a repair cost and got hit during the disruption they will send a credit. 
    Under what circumstance/scenario  is it exploitable?  I can not see a instance where this will occur, i  see it doing more harm than good.  For instance the following circumstances of which are limited.

-player hitting NPC base gets DC'd their fleet is saved.
    - Player hitting another players base gets DC'd, their fleet is saved
    - Player hitting another players fleet they get DC'd, player looses fleet, if they wanted to do that purposefully they would simply turn their ships around.

The feature being removed seems to heavily favor it being beneficial to the player, but with it as is leaves the player at a disadvantage over factors we can not control.

Or allow it to be toggled on/off by player choice
    - If DC'd from battle would  you like your fleet to auto engage, or remain stationary  "yes"/ "no"

Again i'm just trying to understand how its an exploit if players don't have something to gain by removing the auto engage when DC'd

-Exploitable like alliances killing other teammates/bases for points in CW with no damage? Because that keeps going on yet isn't stopped. it seems some exploits are ok but others arent? I'm just trying to follow the logic here.
    CM_Lee said:
    If you did not get compensated send in a ticket and once verified that you took a repair cost and got hit during the disruption they will send a credit. 

This is hit or miss and often rather than not players requests are denied with out reason as to why leaving them more frustrated. Or players in general may not know to even do this.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,511

@LilBasterd said:
    CM_Lee said:

Under what circumstance/scenario  is it exploitable?  I can not see a instance where this will occur, i  see it doing more harm than good.  For instance the following circumstances of which are limited.

-player hitting NPC base gets DC'd their fleet is saved.

• Player hitting another players base gets DC'd, their fleet is saved

• Player hitting another players fleet they get DC'd, player looses fleet, if they wanted to do that purposefully they would simply turn their ships around.

The feature being removed seems to heavily favor it being beneficial to the player, but with it as is leaves the player at a disadvantage over factors we can not control.

Or allow it to be toggled on/off by player choice

• If DC'd from battle would  you like your fleet to auto engage, or remain stationary  "yes"/ "no"

Again i'm just trying to understand how its an exploit if players don't have something to gain by removing the auto engage when DC'd

-Exploitable like alliances killing other teammates/bases for points in CW with no damage? Because that keeps going on yet isn't stopped. it seems some exploits are ok but others arent? I'm just trying to follow the logic here.

CM_Lee said:

If you did not get compensated send in a ticket
    and once verified that you took a repair cost and got hit during the
    disruption they will send a credit. 

This is hit or miss and often rather than not players requests are denied with out reason as to why leaving them more frustrated. Or players in general may not know to even do this.

You can switch off your internet connection and deliberately get DC'd. ;)

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader

well thats pure genius, how does that help you? I mean really that is your reply?  I got a good laugh

ok do it once you MAY get coins MAY, then the other times you wont, and there will be other times when you legit DC and you will get no compensation. no this is not an exploit , please try again. Also CW exploit still rampant and ignored
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,511

@LilBasterd said:
    Cyrus Leung said:

well thats pure genius, how does that help you? I mean really that is your reply?  I got a good laugh

ok do it once you MAY get coins MAY, then the other times you wont, and there will be other times when you legit DC and you will get no compensation. no this is not an exploit , please try again. Also CW exploit still rampant and ignored

It will become an exploit if your suggestion becomes a reality. Whenever someone is going to lose a battle they could just DC themselves and not suffer any loss.