Official Release Notes discussion thread 2018.7.8

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 528
    because  it costs me time to replicate, upload and edit a video then  repair whatever damage i take trying  to make the video and coordinate with another player [if any would] to replicate what i am explaining in plain English.

its cool its never a problem you care about until it effects you.

no ones forcing you to read or respond
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,577
    because  it costs me time to replicate, upload and edit a video then  repair whatever damage i take trying  to make the video and coordinate with another player [if any would] to replicate what i am explaining in plain English.

Yup... cry boy... just keep annoying half of the forums with your imaginary problems...probably will take half of the time you spent crying on the forums to upload a video...but wait a second...it will just proof you are just complaining for the sake of complaining... 
    Can you stop please flooding the forums with your grievances and move them to the support?
    Nobody cares about your crying, no matter how loud you cry
  • MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 180

You know, it would probably take you much less time to simply make and upload a video than formulating all these toxic rants you spew on the forums. If I actually had a clue what issue you are experiencing and could replicate it myself, it would take 10 minutes at most from the time I attacked the fleet to the time the video was edited and uploaded to say, Youtube. Sure, it would have to get approved, but that isn't your time. Stop making a fool of yourself and give us some proof that you aren't just a troll or everyone will regard you as one. In the time it takes you to write all these multiple paragraph bashes of other people's attempts to help you, you probably could have recorded and edited a video twice. Also, if this problem you seem to be having is actually real, then the video itself without any commentary would probably be sufficient, so you wouldn't need to waste time trying to have someone translate.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,316

@LilBasterd said:

Even if the bug is real, if over 99% of the players do not notice it, do you think that the QA team will either?

• Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 164
    if you change the carrier from having a delay cycle to just switching instantly then you make an already stupidly easy ship to fight with even easier, at least this way, those with brains still have a edge over those who are stupid. Stop making FVF simple.
  • BigBoyChris
    BigBoyChris
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 45

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    LilBasterd said:

Andrea Nard1 said:

Seems that you are the only one that has such problem... so instead of blaming the whole word... check what you are doing wrong.
    It has been said that (and is correct) that no matter what you target BEFORE entering the targeting arc, the weapon will start its one firing cycle (i.e. charging, firing, discharging...) and after that it will target what you wanted.... Is that hard to understand? or is that easy to ignore what are the facts?

nope there was another thread were people were commenting on it,  so i shared my experience.

and what  is so hard to understand?  charges fires discharges and fires at the sam **** target again? Not the one that i select, not ignoring facts, stating facts arent working as intended

Man, you have some serious issues... you see only what you want to see... the firing cycle of the sovreign has been explained to you over and over, but you do not want to understand it... is like I said... I am boy and I want my toy! that is what is going on on your small brain

You honestly sound ignorant. Stop.

• BigBoyChris
    BigBoyChris
    Potential Threat

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    LilBasterd said:

Yup... cry boy... just keep annoying half of the forums with your imaginary problems...probably will take half of the time you spent crying on the forums to upload a video...but wait a second...it will just proof you are just complaining for the sake of complaining... 
    Can you stop please flooding the forums with your grievances and move them to the support?
    Nobody cares about your crying, no matter how loud you cry

And you act like you never cry on the forums. Haha hypocrite.

• BigBoyChris
    BigBoyChris
    Potential Threat

@LilBasterd said:

I completely understand what you are saying. The carrier continues to fire on the same target despite what you set to focus on.

• karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 470

@LilBasterd said:

I completely understand what you are saying. The carrier continues to fire on the same target despite what you set to focus on.

All anyone is asking for is proof. Post a video. Plenty of tutorials available as to how. If you can't then it didn't happen. Stop encouraging non validated nonsense. We have a lot of other real issues to focus on. 
  • Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance

@LilBasterd said:

All anyone is asking for is proof. Post a video. Plenty of tutorials available as to how. If you can't then it didn't happen. Stop encouraging non validated nonsense. We have a lot of other real issues to focus on. 
    I dont think we need a video as we are not refuting what he is saying, well i'm certainly not anyway, this is how it works, his video will show what he is describing. He selects a target, other targets move in range, and he cant fire on the target he selected as the other targets are being hit. As Cyrus has already stated, his frustration probably comes from when the first ships is killed BUT the cycle starts again on another ship in range AS the target he actually wants moves into range. Its all about delay and warmup/charge up whatever you want to call it and it adds an extra spin of luck/skill to a game, so lets not have a vid and lets not have the devs dumb this down any further.
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Mabari said:

@LilBasterd said:

I dont think we need a video as we are not refuting what he is saying, well i'm certainly not anyway, this is how it works, his video will show what he is describing. He selects a target, other targets move in range, and he cant fire on the target he selected as the other targets are being hit. As Cyrus has already stated, his frustration probably comes from when the first ships is killed BUT the cycle starts again on another ship in range AS the target he actually wants moves into range. Its all about delay and warmup/charge up whatever you want to call it and it adds an extra spin of luck/skill to a game, so lets not have a vid and lets not have the devs dumb this down any further.
    A video will certainly help in visualizing what he says. I understand where he comes from. I felt the same when I started off with the Sovereign. However, when I understood how it works, that locking on a target , the beam cycling up cycling down etc I then realized what is happening. If he puts a video up, then we can break that video down. He could, genuinely, be talking about a potential bug (highly unlikely in this case)!! . Easier to show/explain something visually than verbal. Language barrier etc. 
  • Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance
    Mabari said:

@LilBasterd said:

A video will certainly help in visualizing what he says. I understand where he comes from. I felt the same when I started off with the Sovereign. However, when I understood how it works, that locking on a target , the beam cycling up cycling down etc I then realized what is happening. If he puts a video up, then we can break that video down. He could, genuinely, be talking about a potential bug (highly unlikely in this case)!! . Easier to show/explain something visually than verbal. Language barrier etc. 
    I agree with that you are saying, but sometimes, just sometimes, people need to work things out for themselves. No one gave a detailed explanation to me and I saw what was happening and worked it out, thats part of the fun isnt it? :smile:
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Mabari said:
    Mabari said:

@LilBasterd said:

I agree with that you are saying, but sometimes, just sometimes, people need to work things out for themselves. No one gave a detailed explanation to me and I saw what was happening and worked it out, thats part of the fun isnt it? :smile:
    Well my main intention is to make him stop whining and cluttering up the forums :smile: I always prefer to give things a go first and then only seek help. 
  • pico
    pico
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 23

I think Mabari has it, and fits my observation. If the user selected ship is just coming into range when a firing cycle ends, it may not get targeteed on the next immediate cycle, but on the cycle after that (if still in range).

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

@pico said:
    I think Mabari has it, and fits my observation. If the user selected ship is just coming into range when a firing cycle ends, it may not get targeteed on the next immediate cycle, but on the cycle after that (if still in range).

Well thank you someone gave help.

So it takes two firing cycles before it will target your "focused target".

Can a dev confirm this? @cm_lee

Still seems it should re target after it's first firing cycle as long as your "focused target" is in firing arc

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,675
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 7:19PM
    pico said:

The beams have a charge phase before firing and a cooldown phase after firing. Both phases is part of the firing cycle. There isnt much of an animation showing up during the charge up phase like on some other beams. So the charge phase will start vs the closest target if a manually targeted ship isnt in range yet and then it wont matter if the manually targeted ship enters your range, even if the beams havent started firing yet, as the charge phase is part of the firing cycle so the ship is already engaged in a firing cycle with the random target.

So no, this isnt about the ship skipping cycles or jumping cycles, its all about the cycle itself and understanding how that works.

Heres and example from a previous CM about the Rupture beam describing phases of the cycle and also how to calculate DPS from using a module that affects the firing cycle, like the beam capacitor special. So the charge and cooldown affect much more than just the length of the cycle or the time before you see the actual beam firing at the target.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/5606849

• Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance

@LilBasterd said:

@pico said:

Well thank you someone gave help.

So it takes two firing cycles before it will target your "focused target".

Can a dev confirm this? @cm_lee

Still seems it should re target after it's first firing cycle as long as your "focused target" is in firing arc

No, it doesn’t take two firing cycles but it might, but then you may even get it on the very first firing cycle, it’s all about timing and positioning.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

ty ive seen that info, but im not concerned about the DPS, but as to why what i see happening happen regarding targeting.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,675
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 9:00PM

ty ive seen that info, but im not concerned about the DPS, but as to why what i see happening happen regarding targeting.
    That was part of my post. Your Sov is seemingly not firing at the moment. Your manually targeted ship enters range and your Sov still fires at another target. Thats the charge phase of the cycle right there. There isnt a clear animation indicating the cycle is in a charge phase but as the cycle has started before your manually targeted ship enters range the beams will fire at the unrelated ship. This because the charge phase is part of the firing cycle so the cycle started before you saw any beams firing at anything. For the rupture beam the charge cycle is 4 seconds, thats a very long time in a battle. Not sure what the cyclo beam has but its quite long.

This can happen as well if you dont manually retarget before the cooldown phase is complete, then the cycle will target the closest ship automatically by starting charging, or closest ships in the case of the sovereign. Im not sure exactly how long the cooldown is for cyclo beams, but as you saw in my link above, for Rupture it was only 0.5 sec. Not a lot of room for mistakes when managing your targeting in such a case.

Beams have always worked this way. In fact all weapons are built this way but only beams have a value larger than zero in its charge phase.

Until someone posts a video showing an actual bug happening the above scenario explains every story i have seen posted by people claiming there is a bug. And as i posted a while ago in this thread, requesting that how targeting is handled during a charge phase should change, is a request for a new feature, not a request to fix a bug.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord

That was part of my post. Your Sov is seemingly not firing at the moment. Your manually targeted ship enters range and your Sov still fires at another target. Thats the charge phase of the cycle right there. There isnt a clear animation indicating the cycle is in a charge phase but as the cycle has started before your manually targeted ship enters range the beams will fire at the unrelated ship. This because the charge phase is part of the firing cycle so the cycle started before you saw any beams firing at anything. For the rupture beam the charge cycle is 4 seconds, thats a very long time in a battle. Not sure what the cyclo beam has but its quite long.

This can happen as well if you dont manually retarget before the cooldown phase is complete, then the cycle will target the closest ship automatically by starting charging, or closest ships in the case of the sovereign. Im not sure exactly how long the cooldown is for cyclo beams, but as you saw in my link above, for Rupture it was only 0.5 sec. Not a lot of room for mistakes when managing your targeting in such a case.

Beams have always worked this way. In fact all weapons are built this way but only beams have a value larger than zero in its charge phase.

Until someone posts a video showing an actual bug happening the above scenario explains every story i have seen posted by people claiming there is a bug. And as i posted a while ago in this thread, requesting that how targeting is handled during a charge phase should change, is a request for a new feature, not a request to fix a bug.
    http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclotron_Beam
    Our friend Cyrus is doing a good job of keeping the wikia updated, the above link shows that the cyclotron beam firing cycles, therefore any ship that enters in the range will start the charging cycle, until the complete firing cycle is completed it will not re target, and if the target is not inside the firing range it will not target it
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 206
    edited 10 Jul 2018, 11:28PM
    The issue reported here with the carrier sovereign weapons ( Cyclotron beam ) is:

- You select 1 enemy ship.
    - That ship enters in range with another ship (or several).
    - Here two things happen (where the issue comes from):
    1. If a ship enters before the selected ship, the carrier focuses all its weapons on that ship. OK this makes sense .. but ..
    2. When that ship is destroyed, and the previously selected ship is still in range ( the ship that you previously selected manually ) along with other ships, the carrier's weapons are distributed among the ships in range, and not in the selected ship.
    - After that, it does not matter if you select a ship in range, the carrier's weapons are distributed, and not focused on a single target.

Other "Beam" type weapons, focus all attention on a single target, but Cyclotron "Beam" weapon no, that's the main issue.

Following the norm, Imagine for a moment, the weapons carried by a cutter "Xeno Surge BEAM", these weapons should focus all the ships in range like the Cyclotron beam do, but they do not ... so why the Cyclotron beam do that?
    "Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company.
  • slim-B
    slim-B
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 58

I've just seen that happen with a sov attacking an blitz reaper where it would only focus fire on a reaper only once every few hits then redistribute the dps to other targets. All of which were in range the entire time. There for taking longer to kill the reapers which spawn all those little ones that drawn your fire. Pisses me off for pve. But I think I may like it for PvP. Means more skill is needed.

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 592
    The issue reported here with the carrier sovereign weapons ( Cyclotron beam ) is:

1. If a ship enters before the selected ship, the carrier focuses all its weapons on that ship. OK this makes sense .. but ..
    2. When that ship is destroyed, and the previously selected ship is still in range ( the ship that you previously selected manually ) along with other ships, the carrier's weapons are distributed among the ships in range, and not in the selected ship.
    - After that, it does not matter if you select a ship in range, the carrier's weapons are distributed, and not focused on a single target.

Other "Beam" type weapons, focus all attention on a single target, but Cyclotron "Beam" weapon no, that's the main issue.

Following the norm, Imagine for a moment, the weapons carried by a cutter "Xeno Surge BEAM", these weapons should focus all the ships in range like the Cyclotron beam do, but they do not ... so why the Cyclotron beam do that?
    Have you seen the range on the Xeno Surge Beam? There's only enough room in that arc for 1 ship ;P Just a joke, you are correct in your analysis of the way they function, though I suspect it is not the Cyclotron Beam that functions differently, but the fact that it is on a carrier and those target ships differently than other ships.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

So it seems we just need clarification on whether the beam needs two cycles to grt to a focus firr target when multiple targets are in firing are.

Ship fires once , ship still alive , so it fires again. Ship is either alive or dead, under both instances you should be able to manually select a focus fire target

I would say after one fire cycle you should be able to regardless if initial target is still alive or not.

As long as your focus fire target is in your firing arc.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord

So it seems we just need clarification on whether the beam needs two cycles to grt to a focus firr target when multiple targets are in firing are.

Ship fires once , ship still alive , so it fires again. Ship is either alive or dead, under both instances you should be able to manually select a focus fire target

I would say after one fire cycle you should be able to regardless if initial target is still alive or not.

I wonder if you really read the posts on this forums...other than posting for complaining.

If YOU SELECT a new target during a firing cycle, and this target does not move out of the firing range, it will be the NEXT TARGET! 
    If the selected target moves out of the firing range, rinse and repeat, the weapon will chose the next target in range, if more than one will split the weapons to hit multiple targets.
    I do not think is that hard to understand, if someone really wants to understand it
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    LilBasterd said:

I wonder if you really read the posts on this forums...other than posting for complaining.

If YOU SELECT a new target during a firing cycle, and this target does not move out of the firing range, it will be the NEXT TARGET! 
    If the selected target moves out of the firing range, rinse and repeat, the weapon will chose the next target in range, if more than one will split the weapons to hit multiple targets.
    I do not think is that hard to understand, if someone really wants to understand

That's just it what you said does not happen. It continues to fire on that target until it's dead sometimes two beam fires, even though the selected target is in range and stays in range during and after the first fire, does this make sense now?

I wonder if you really read what I explain.. or am I that bad at explaining it but I don't feel that I am.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,316
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 5:42AM

Carrier beams are supposed to multi-target unless you manually select a target (think Targeting Computer for battleships).

Judging from player responses, it seems that either the situation described is extremely rare or @LilBasterd has been mistaken.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

I am manually selecting targets though, if none is selected I understand it multi targets

• imbiotech
    imbiotech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 130
    @CM_Lee

I uploaded about alien aggression to prophet issue.

Is that a bug or intended?

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/739986