Storm Chaser - Origins

• Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 119

Riveting read Storm Chaser. The new changes to Legendary Unit capacity will be well received, I think. Hoping to see some absolutely awesome things from you in the coming future! I'm certainly excited.

I have one question. You said you plan to rebalance a number of units to make them more useful. Any hints as to which units will be potentially getting tweaked?

In the past, I believe WrongThinker mentioned Disruptors, Detonators and Cyclops as units we want to look at.  In my experience, I would have to agree those are worth a second look, but we'll have to see what changes we can do to help them out.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,409
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 1:36AM

Riveting read Storm Chaser. The new changes to Legendary Unit capacity will be well received, I think. Hoping to see some absolutely awesome things from you in the coming future! I'm certainly excited.

I have one question. You said you plan to rebalance a number of units to make them more useful. Any hints as to which units will be potentially getting tweaked?

In the past, I believe WrongThinker mentioned Disruptors, Detonators and Cyclops as units we want to look at.  In my experience, I would have to agree those are worth a second look, but we'll have to see what changes we can do to help them out.
    if its not too much can you also look into rebalancing seekers, chaplins, and breachers?

all 3 are made mostly pointless due to war dogs, technicalss, and acolytes doing similar jobs better
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    Perry299 said:

1 question.

Along with that , no changes in damage taken and damage dealt (ie. All kixeye invisible filters and resistances ) by these units to every single unit currently in the game correct??

The changes to the Legendary units were purely in capacity.  No other adjustments are being made at this time.
  • Mr Brady
    Mr Brady
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 28

What about the blackout !! it's the big useless unit i ever seen 
  • Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    nametagg0 said:

if its not too much can you also look into rebalancing seekers, chaplins, and breachers?

all 3 are made mostly pointless due to war dogs, technicalss, and acolytes doing similar jobs better
    There are a lot of ways to look at the effectiveness of units.  For example comparing against other units within a faction, comparing against other units of the same generation, or comparing against other units in the entire game.  Each view had value and should not be viewed exclusively.  Also some units are strictly role players and are designed to be used with specific other units to compensate for their weaknesses. 

All that being said, I think I would take a pack of Chaplains or better yet Breachers if were facing off against some Phalanx (more so than Acolytes doing burst damage).  But I'm going to keep listening here and in game chat to keep a pulse on what units are proving the most troublesome.
  • Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    Mr Brady said:

I can't say I've been hearing a lot concerns with the Blackout, but perhaps it just doesn't fit with your play style.  When used correctly, I've seen players use its stealth drones to pick apart bases at a safe distance.
  • ColinXYZ
    ColinXYZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 146
    Hi Storm Chaser, as there are new units brought into the game each month will you be increasing the armory capacity to say 100 000? Also are you considering any changes to the any of the current faction unit sizes?
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 1,129

Greetings Commanders!

I just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself to you as the new Design Lead on War Commander.

I’ve been with the War Commander team for almost 6 years.  Half of that time I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside WrongThinker to create fun content for all of you.  At the same time, I’ve also been an avid player of the game. It was great facing off against many of you in this most recent Warpath.  Originally starting out in QA, I’ve also been a champion of fixing bugs that hinder gameplay. Sometimes it can feel like there’s always a new fire to fight and a new storm to chase, but we’re constantly working towards improving the game.

It will be my goal to continue the positive direction WrongThinker has taken the game.  One step in that direction is that this next release we’ll be delivering on a long requested change in reducing the capacity of the PVP only Legendary Units by half.  I’m also going to be looking into options to rebalance some of our units which have not turned out to be as useful as we would have liked. Don’t worry, we are not going to change too much and I will definitely be getting your feedback on some proposed changes before we decide on them.

We have some exciting plans coming up in the future, including a new game mode and new types of content, which we’ll be providing more details about as they come together.  As before, please continue to leave your thoughts and feedback below.

See you on the battlefield!

- Storm Chaser

Any chance of looking at instant thor swap for bunkers / strongholds / towers please SC, WT said he would consider it but it never happened. It would give us all more variety and flexibility in our bases.

Cheers

Crofty
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,409
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 11:15AM
    nametagg0 said:

There are a lot of ways to look at the effectiveness of units.  For example comparing against other units within a faction, comparing against other units of the same generation, or comparing against other units in the entire game.  Each view had value and should not be viewed exclusively.  Also some units are strictly role players and are designed to be used with specific other units to compensate for their weaknesses. 

All that being said, I think I would take a pack of Chaplains or better yet Breachers if were facing off against some Phalanx (more so than Acolytes doing burst damage).  But I'm going to keep listening here and in game chat to keep a pulse on what units are proving the most troublesome.
    i can understand that balancing is pretty difficult especially in wc where new elements are added every month and the whole pve meta changes drastically every 5th  but we can still make an argument against those units based on those views you mentioned

for discussing seekers id like to bring up that while it is the only dedicated aa for the sentinels so it does get some usage out of the really dedicated sentinel players it overall isnt that great otherwise.

within its faction for the last 2 onyx events acolytes were more effective at taking out the onyx flying form than seekers were, which doesnt bode well given seekers are the dedicated aa and an acolyte is a general purpose footman in the same faction.

then when comparing the seeker to the other dedicated aa in its generation the hades it also looses there because due to corpus` facion buff and/or one of the hade`s gold tech the hades is able to survive longer when being bombed by a herald than the seeker aswell as being currently the best aa platform to use on the siege squadron

then when comparing the seeker to the rocketman-technical for the entire game comparison the tech is still better at grounding a herald but both are about even when engaging a siege

which leaves it essentially being the role-play unit you mentioned which does the sentinels a pretty big disservice considering the importance of an aa platform mixed with the normally higher capacity with sentinel units meaning that the seeker`s space further hinders them 

then for discussing chaplins ever since they came out ive questioned what they are used for as the sentinels did most of the chaplins` jobs already a generation before they came out

* kane`s foces were less likely to kill a flame rifle wielding acolyte than the chaplin who had to come much closer to them(comparing them as fire based units) then even with tht if we expand to other gen ll units the technical is also great at burning kane`s forces with even less of a chance to perish

* when the sentinels needed a tank or meat sheild they could call upon purifiers or ardre and now have caretakers and galen aswell for the same job

* when walls or vehicles were an issue they used vindicators or sunder to fire over walls and trash vehicles (and certain infantry) from a distance or using purifiers and ardre again and thats assuming a jug hasnt just blown both into oblivion often both in the same shot

* when judging their talent for exploding the herald and juggernaut already had the sentinels covered for explosions

including with role-playing purposes in mind even kixeye base designers have only used them once then used acolytes for further role-playing 

breachers ive seen 2 main uses for with players

1 is an anti phalanx unit which inside the faction was done a while before with the hammer and/or roland with the only advantages breachers have other those units is having more breachers than hammers and tech can let them shoot at air units,
     so while they and chaplins may be better against phalanx than an acolyte they arnt quite what would be picked to bully a phalanx toon.

2 is spreading corrosion which is done a bit less earlier by the technical if not a jackel from the sf era for those with the means to use those 2

then as an addition the special concussion grenade on skipjack has a job that can be performed by max while she cant buff her breachers while max can which definitely seems off.

though i do have to admit

they are nice as #2 if your going for an infantry only platoon so roleplay is still up for them

and with its electric on they did do a good job shocking spiders during the war with onyx, but unfortunately for them the disruptor is on your list of units to update so they might lose that job.

though i may just be missing the appeal of these units and there can probably be a lengthy debate about the effectiveness of a lot of units in the game.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Mr Brady said:

Blackout is not a bad unit, just need to take your time with it and ideally have the extra drone ws fitted.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,005
    Mr Brady said:

The Blackout is actually a fairly good unit in my opinion as it a it has the ability to cause low power to buildings and the drones has a stealth and can be used for targeting units and structures a bit further than 600 range away from the unit. On top of that, the unit is also fairly durable which means that the damage it would take is rarely fatal.

If you have the Fire Rocket Drones tech, the Blackout will also become a bit more effective at taking down Highway Zealots and Verkraft units with iridium armor.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Mr Brady
    Mr Brady
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 28
    Mr Brady said:

I can't say I've been hearing a lot concerns with the Blackout, but perhaps it just doesn't fit with your play style.  When used correctly, I've seen players use its stealth drones to pick apart bases at a safe distance.
    Mr Brady said:

Blackout is not a bad unit, just need to take your time with it and ideally have the extra drone ws fitted.
    Axel L said:
    Mr Brady said:

The Blackout is actually a fairly good unit in my opinion as it a it has the ability to cause low power to buildings and the drones has a stealth and can be used for targeting units and structures a bit further than 600 range away from the unit. On top of that, the unit is also fairly durable which means that the damage it would take is rarely fatal.

If you have the Fire Rocket Drones tech, the Blackout will also become a bit more effective at taking down Highway Zealots and Verkraft units with iridium armor.
    I wasn't talking about farming , Blackout is a **** unit in pvp battles i don't know about farming with it cause i only use phlanx or jugger for farming , but the blackout need to be rebalance not because it's only useless , but also for the corpus faction need to get a good unique air , like Herald or Seige , both of them was are beast in the game and they still usefull in pvp !
    Blackout needs to get buff in health and damage 
    war rig was a **** unit until they rebalance it , 
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,262
    hmm sometimes when i read topics like this i am getting the feeling that i play a completely different game 
    chaplains... only been used for tokens bases... breachers same just as cyclops, and those disruptors i even never used them... 
    so do we need so much useless units as we have already don`t have enough space, so in my eyes is any effort with making those units better a time waist. 
    i see post about how asome black out is.. its a good unit but useless in pvp .. a long repair as the death is granted in a defended base.

You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Mr Brady said:
    Mr Brady said:

Mr Brady said:

Axel L said:
    Mr Brady said:

I wasn't talking about farming , Blackout is a **** unit in pvp battles i don't know about farming with it cause i only use phlanx or jugger for farming , but the blackout need to be rebalance not because it's only useless , but also for the corpus faction need to get a good unique air , like Herald or Seige , both of them was are beast in the game and they still usefull in pvp !
    yes its totally useless in PvP , but so are many other units.  We have lots of great PvP units to pick from. 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 12:17PM
    Mr Brady said:
    Mr Brady said:

Mr Brady said:

Axel L said:
    Mr Brady said:

I do very rarely judge the effectiveness of a unit solely based on effectiveness in a PvP as it's a very competitive environment were changes can happen quickly. Kixeye do also have to cover the PvE aspect of the game as WC is not only a PvP game.

Finally, it's extremely difficult to make a unit which satisfies for PvP in a long duration of time when the game has a quick progression.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Jimboy de Juan
    Jimboy de Juan
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 47
    Welcome storm chaser! Good luck :smile:
  • Dune Rader
    Dune Rader
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 790
    Welcome Storm Chaser I wish you all the best in your new roll, unfortunately I did not get to see your base in the last  Warpath. There is a number of units that could do with some improvements as you  have stated  should be interesting ion what is coming up. Do hope to see your base and that of other team members.

Dune.
    Respect, Courage and Wisdom
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,262
    Quote Axel: I do very rarely judge the effectiveness of a unit solely based on effectiveness in a PvP as it's a very competitive environment were changes can happen quickly. Kixeye do also have to cover the PvE aspect of the game as WC is not only a PvP game.

this is the problem i have with Mods who hardly play PVP as most mods don`t play pvp, so who of the mods does talks for us pvp players? 
    as those mods always ask for things we pvp players don`t need or want and the problem is kixeye talks and listens only to the turtle commanders and these mods 
    sorry this is a long time issue and its anoying me very much for quit a number of years .. not something personal... but it is just something that is needed to say.... 
    You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • the war engineer
    the war engineer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 339
    a new game designer jumps in and literally makes my (and thousands of those who wasted months on upgrading their legendary units up to level 20) dreams come true! you just made my day man... thank you so much @STORM_CHASER and welcome to your new job , hopefully you'll make our days :)
    maybe you thought you defeated me , but you're wrong! i will resurrect one day , and destroy your pathetic living world!

sincerely -onyx-
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Rob de R said:
    Quote Axel: I do very rarely judge the effectiveness of a unit solely based on effectiveness in a PvP as it's a very competitive environment were changes can happen quickly. Kixeye do also have to cover the PvE aspect of the game as WC is not only a PvP game.

this is the problem i have with Mods who hardly play PVP as most mods don`t play pvp, so who of the mods does talks for us pvp players? 
    as those mods always ask for things we pvp players don`t need or want and the problem is kixeye talks and listens only to the turtle commanders and these mods 
    sorry this is a long time issue and its anoying me very much for quit a number of years .. not something personal... but it is just something that is needed to say.... 
    The group of forum moderators do actually include some PvP players even if I wouldn't include myself in this category. I would consider that at least half of the moderator crew can be considered as active PvP players and this includes Soviet-Union, CyberToad and Dobba Phoenix. On the other hand, to get an even more accurate answer which would be considered as more objective, I would suggest to contact the other forum moderators to ask the same question if they are mainly a PvP or PvE player.
  • adel_50
    adel_50
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,887

@the war engineer said:
    a new game designer jumps in and literally makes my (and thousands of those who wasted months on upgrading their legendary units up to level 20) dreams come true! you just made my day man... thank you so much @STORM_CHASER and welcome to your new job , hopefully you'll make our days :)

I think we might have got wrong thinker 2.0

• N_Plastiras
    N_Plastiras
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 134
    Leave the units as they are. Every time you try to "rebalance" you destroy everything. Do not touch the units. There are many in forum for changes find the bests and try to apply it. Game is already a zombie do not make it dust

• adel_50
    adel_50
    Leave the units as they are. Every time you try to "rebalance" you destroy everything. Do not touch the units. There are many in forum for changes find the bests and try to apply it. Game is already a zombie do not make it dust

no one agrees with you a lot of units are not effective at all they have two options eighter to remove them or buff them to be more in line with the current meta clearly they chose the second option which is the right thing to do 

also im tiered of seeing phalanxes in pvp time to shake things up a bit
  • Joeybagadoughnuts
    Joeybagadoughnuts
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,421
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 7:53PM
    how about Fixing Profet seems like junk at this stage  and it was just released .. coined it to elite and wow man still junk worst 50 bucks i spent ever in this game  reload time is like 10 second and thats only when its within 300  truly a bad unit out of the box  lets start with something easy instead of these ole sht units mentioned above  ~wb~
  • adel_50
    adel_50

@Joeybagadoughnuts said:
    how about Fixing Profet seems like junk at this stage  and it was just released .. coined it to elite and wow man still junk worst 50 bucks i spent ever in this game  reload time is like 10 second and thats only when its within 300  truly a bad unit out of the box  lets start with something easy instead of these ole sht units mentioned above  ~wb~

If you dont know how to use it scrap it

• Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team

@xxCroftYxx said:

Any chance of looking at instant thor swap for bunkers / strongholds / towers please SC, WT said he would consider it but it never happened. It would give us all more variety and flexibility in our bases.

Indeed there is a chance, as that's something I've been interested in having as well to make it more feasible to adapt your base to different threats.

• ErwinRommel2016
    ErwinRommel2016
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 660

@xxCroftYxx said:

Indeed there is a chance, as that's something I've been interested in having as well to make it more feasible to adapt your base to different threats.

Can turret upgrade change overs also be 5sec upgrades because upgrading a lvl 8 ion to lvl 10 for 1+ days sucks
                           -SPECIAL FORCES ARE MY LIFE-
  • Max Marsh
    Max Marsh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 276
    Can we see turrets rebalance? like mg, mortars, hellfire, laser, flak, plasma etc. Also any future plan about metal and oil depoes and faction base buildings visuals?
    RANGER
  • Yasuo The unforgiven
    Yasuo The unforgiven
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    edited 7 Jul 2018, 7:00AM
    What about introducing a new tecnologi for reduce lag issues?I wish your guys doing something like changing plataforms like vega conflit does.Glad to see new staff people.Welcome ;)
  • shefqet.zoga
    shefqet.zoga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 186
    edited 7 Jul 2018, 8:59AM

Greetings Commanders!

I just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself to you as the new Design Lead on War Commander.

I’ve been with the War Commander team for almost 6 years.  Half of that time I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside WrongThinker to create fun content for all of you.  At the same time, I’ve also been an avid player of the game. It was great facing off against many of you in this most recent Warpath.  Originally starting out in QA, I’ve also been a champion of fixing bugs that hinder gameplay. Sometimes it can feel like there’s always a new fire to fight and a new storm to chase, but we’re constantly working towards improving the game.

It will be my goal to continue the positive direction WrongThinker has taken the game.  One step in that direction is that this next release we’ll be delivering on a long requested change in reducing the capacity of the PVP only Legendary Units by half.  I’m also going to be looking into options to rebalance some of our units which have not turned out to be as useful as we would have liked. Don’t worry, we are not going to change too much and I will definitely be getting your feedback on some proposed changes before we decide on them.

We have some exciting plans coming up in the future, including a new game mode and new types of content, which we’ll be providing more details about as they come together.  As before, please continue to leave your thoughts and feedback below.

tSee you on the battlefield!- Storm Chaser

pls stop all this event and farming base,game should be about war team to team not war with event,also gold price is way to much,i use to spend when it was a good price,but spending on game over $200 for one week is way to much,gold price should be $100 for 2400 gold,then every one will have  $ to spend on happy way,most of are gold get lost on lag dc freeze and is not fare losing money on something is not working