Storm Chaser - Origins

Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
WC Game Team
Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 84

Greetings Commanders!

I just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself to you as the new Design Lead on War Commander.

I’ve been with the War Commander team for almost 6 years.  Half of that time I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside WrongThinker to create fun content for all of you.  At the same time, I’ve also been an avid player of the game. It was great facing off against many of you in this most recent Warpath.  Originally starting out in QA, I’ve also been a champion of fixing bugs that hinder gameplay. Sometimes it can feel like there’s always a new fire to fight and a new storm to chase, but we’re constantly working towards improving the game.

It will be my goal to continue the positive direction WrongThinker has taken the game.  One step in that direction is that this next release we’ll be delivering on a long requested change in reducing the capacity of the PVP only Legendary Units by half.  I’m also going to be looking into options to rebalance some of our units which have not turned out to be as useful as we would have liked. Don’t worry, we are not going to change too much and I will definitely be getting your feedback on some proposed changes before we decide on them.

We have some exciting plans coming up in the future, including a new game mode and new types of content, which we’ll be providing more details about as they come together.  As before, please continue to leave your thoughts and feedback below.

See you on the battlefield!

- Storm Chaser

• MaximiIian
    MaximiIian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 596

Welcome storm chaser, new ideas are always welcomed.
    What do you mean by new game mode? Would you please explain more?

• rakibforyou
    rakibforyou
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 602
    Welcome to forum and ur new position. hope we will have less bug, grind and more fun in upcoming days.
    THE ' WAR COMMANDER "

This game used to be for strategic player not gold digger and the way game turn now its much much more for gold digger tiny bit for strategic player.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,517
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 7:15PM
    Welcome Storm Chaser (aka ichase) for this introduction. One of the biggest wishes I have for the future is more transparency in the future.

Finally, out of curiosity, what was the main idea behind your original name ichase?
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • ErwinRommel2016
    ErwinRommel2016
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 551
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 7:18PM
    300 space instead of 600 thats AWESOME!!!
    And if you rebalancing them even more make the legendary Hellfires missiles split like the elite version Unless you guys plan on releasing Elite Legendary Units :D :p :| :p :D and maybe have them fire two missiles instead of one instead for one its techs like the elite version did
    Also make the LMT have high priority targeting.

OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WELCOME TO THE WC COMMUNITY.
                           -SPECIAL FORCES ARE MY LIFE-
  • savinayjain
    savinayjain
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 32

Welcome and congrats for new role

• GreenDust
    GreenDust
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 596

Welcome

ฬ๏lŦรקคςк

• Strong_Thinker
    Strong_Thinker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,343
    hi, have a kitkat on me work starts monday :D
    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven
  • adel_50
    adel_50
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,148

Storm chaser is entering the forums by storm godamn man chill out a bit

Back to being serious, welcome storm chaser looking forward to see what you add to the game

One question i have in particular is: does that mean legendary units are back in the event store?

• BD-Assassin
    BD-Assassin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 62
    welcome to wc famaly
    :D
  • Ismail.J.Force
    Ismail.J.Force
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 345
    welcome to the wc family @storm come to the discord whenever to chat on general with us .
    Games Don't make Violence
    A Lag Does make Violence
    CLOSE APPLICATION VIA Task Manager to reduce the amount of ram used
    CLOSE TABS Using a bunch of Tabs Increases Your Lag
    Clean Your Internet and CACHE ! >420<
    HAVE the decenty to do all those things and your in good hands 
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,247
    Welcome at last someone who plays the game... 
    now i wait and see how you gone fix pvp first as thats messed up 
    You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • kixeyeuser_551238935_15348_4427543
    kixeyeuser_551238935_15348_4427543
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 9
    welcome. don't follow in wrongthinkers footsteps....too many broken promises and too long silences. If there is one thing i would ask for is that kix would look into alliances more.... alliance chat and diplomacy settings between alliances...it would go towards reviving pvp and the game.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,118
    I'm glad that legendary units are getting their size reduced. Thank you!
    I don't know why it took you so long to make that decision, but the important thing is that you finally did! and I hope the new changes would encourage us to use them in attacks.
    Would you also consider changing their build requirements to Thorium only? so that if someone accidentally disband a damaged one from a PvP platoon, it would be easier to fix, instead of completely losing the unit and wait daaays for it to finish building.

Congrats on the new position , it will be great to have a lead designer who plays the game and knows its history.  Really looking forward to the coming months and hopefully less grind :)
    That's exactly what we need! someone who plays the live game with real players. and that's why I have a good feeling about Storm Chaser. :)
    IIRC he used to participate in preview servers that was open to us players. one of the previews I remember was for testing the Enforcer tank back in 2013.
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 400

Wrongthinker no longer works for us????

• Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team

Welcome storm chaser, new ideas are always welcomed.
    What do you mean by new game mode? Would you please explain more?

It's still a little early to say for sure how the new game mode will turn out, but we're experimenting with different ways to use your units.
  • Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    adel_50 said:

Storm chaser is entering the forums by storm godamn man chill out a bit

Back to being serious, welcome storm chaser looking forward to see what you add to the game

One question i have in particular is: does that mean legendary units are back in the event store?

Thank you for the welcome and that's a good idea about the event store.  
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 451

Riveting read Storm Chaser. The new changes to Legendary Unit capacity will be well received, I think. Hoping to see some absolutely awesome things from you in the coming future! I'm certainly excited.

I have one question. You said you plan to rebalance a number of units to make them more useful. Any hints as to which units will be potentially getting tweaked?

(Slow Heavy Metal Paying In the Background)
    War Commander - Level 42
    Vega Conflict - 32
    Battle Pirates - Who cares?
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 762
    I'd prefer a bug and crash-free game over new content that contains more bugs and more crashs.

Anyways, welcome Storm Chaser in the evil forums.
  • Storm Chaser
    Storm Chaser
    WC Game Team
    Axel L said:
    Welcome Storm Chaser (aka ichase) for this introduction. One of the biggest wishes I have for the future is more transparency in the future.

Finally, out of curiosity, what was the main idea behind your original name ichase?
    Feels like I've always been chasing something, but the stormy challenges of War Commander have had my focus for the base few years now.
  • kixeyeuser_519932826_14468_2196535
    kixeyeuser_519932826_14468_2196535
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 18

Greetings Commanders!

I just wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself to you as the new Design Lead on War Commander.

I’ve been with the War Commander team for almost 6 years.  Half of that time I’ve had the pleasure of working alongside WrongThinker to create fun content for all of you.  At the same time, I’ve also been an avid player of the game. It was great facing off against many of you in this most recent Warpath.  Originally starting out in QA, I’ve also been a champion of fixing bugs that hinder gameplay. Sometimes it can feel like there’s always a new fire to fight and a new storm to chase, but we’re constantly working towards improving the game.

It will be my goal to continue the positive direction WrongThinker has taken the game.  One step in that direction is that this next release we’ll be delivering on a long requested change in reducing the capacity of the PVP only Legendary Units by half.  I’m also going to be looking into options to rebalance some of our units which have not turned out to be as useful as we would have liked. Don’t worry, we are not going to change too much and I will definitely be getting your feedback on some proposed changes before we decide on them.

We have some exciting plans coming up in the future, including a new game mode and new types of content, which we’ll be providing more details about as they come together.  As before, please continue to leave your thoughts and feedback below.

- Storm Chaser

the fact you think wrong way thinker was a good one makes you a bad one
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,056
    welcome to the forums : )
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Ana Fikh
    Ana Fikh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 4
    hope you do better than the last one that destroy the lovely game 
  • Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,517
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 9:32PM
    First of all welcome, glad you are such an avid player.   I'm not into PVP but playing with the devs is always a favourite game past time.   

Anyways not to echo the above comments, but I also think WrongThinker was great in many respects.   However the games direction has been poor its faction balance has been wrong outright.  Just pointed out the health on the WarRig 6m vs 200m on the newer corpus and sentinel ones.

AND if you haven't been working on Unit balance for the last year, than WELL what have you been doing, we've heard it for a year now, which would prob mean EVEN if you did that, it would be out of date.

You've got a LONG hard road ahead, keep the good things, throw out the bad, and don't say can't do it cause WT would object.
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,168

@Storm Chaser said:
    Greetings Commanders!

• Storm Chaser

So cutting legacy units space in half.. good move

1 question.

Along with that , no changes in damage taken and damage dealt (ie. All kixeye invisible filters and resistances ) by these units to every single unit currently in the game correct??

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Slim_Shady260
    Slim_Shady260
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 64
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 10:06PM
    Hey Storm Chaser i would like to wish u luck on keeping this awesome game running for many years to come also id love to see more of the kixeye employees who enjoy what they design in the game to avidly play and kix can have its own squad so ur not alone
    I am a War commander Player but NOT a KIXEYE Employee. I am
    simply a player just like everyone of you all. Please keep your comments
    constructive, on point, and without violating the TOS or rules of the forums.
    For a list of some of the things not tolerated on this post,
    please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Nation-of-1
    Nation-of-1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 239

Greetings Commanders!

- Storm Chaser

The game needs more balancing towards defense, that should be the focus right now. though balancing useless units to be useful is good also 
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,653

@Storm Chaser said:
    Greetings Commanders!

• Storm Chaser

Welcome. Is there a reason that the open fields tacit for Phalanx went from 78k medals to 125k medals when the gear store update from January 10 of this year said the item cost had been permanently reduced to 39k?

WC ID 3439259
  • Stuart Fromengland
    Stuart Fromengland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 308
    Now they have reduced space for legendary units by half does that mean that in due course that legendary tokens will be added to TEX

Friendly Fixer stated it was oversight that they wasnt added when TEX came in but 6 months on still hasnt been rectified

By saying that you are new design lead does that mean Wrongthinker has moved onto pastures new????
    Honk Honk
  • Lonewolf1967
    Lonewolf1967
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,084
    Welcome Storm Chaser... Good to see someone who plays the game in a position to get things done.Maybe we will be heard when issues arise. I have been playing for 6 years I hope to continue to play many more. Good Luck and once again Welcome...
    imageDeath From Above