Retreated platoons should have a cooldown

FBHO
FBHO
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,271
Retreating a platoon should really result in at least 50% damage to that platoon - get caught twice & it is 100% dead - but Kixeye apparently doesn't want to do that.

So instead Kixeye should implement a system with a 1 hour cooldown where you are unable to redeploy or disband a retreated platoon - you shouldn't be able to repeatedly send the same plat out.

There has to be some sort of penalty for retreating instead of fighting & this is a good compromise - you'll still be able to use the rest of your plats during that time. 
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789

Retreat for nothing or no retreat at all... no telling me what i can / can't use and what time... we have too much of that in game already .

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Perry299 said:

Retreat for nothing or no retreat at all... no telling me what i can / can't use and what time... we have too much of that in game already .

Letting them off with no consequence is ruining the game - especially the ones using auto-click.
    It's not right that they can get away for free when you do catch them & then they can keep coming back with those same units - they're still free to use the rest of their plats...
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789

@FBHO said:
    Perry299 said:

Letting them off with no consequence is ruining the game - especially the ones using auto-click.
    It's not right that they can get away for free when you do catch them & then they can keep coming back with those same units - they're still free to use the rest of their plats...

I agree... snooze you lose, but do not want a cooldown.... retreat gives you a get out of jail free card... dont like it

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Obi Wan Jabroni
    Obi Wan Jabroni
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3
    If you send a platoon to the front lines in battle, where's the rationality of them getting sniped/caught in battle and returning home freely w/ no repurcussion smh lol. . .  I'm sure the noobs (high and low level) and cheats love and utilize this idea, but come on Kixeye. . . . this is a joke. 
  • DEATHJR6
    DEATHJR6
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 244
    If you send a platoon to the front lines in battle, where's the rationality of them getting sniped/caught in battle and returning home freely w/ no repurcussion smh lol. . .  I'm sure the noobs (high and low level) and cheats love and utilize this idea, but come on Kixeye. . . . this is a joke. 

I'm with you here, people send 5 platoons out, one heavy and the rest are baits. If I'm able to catch the heavy, it's not fair that the guy retreats with no damage and just comes back again until he gets into my base. What is the point of platoon infamy if you can't kill a platoon while the guys is online? There is no reason to put anti-air in platoons anymore since no one can hit your platoon with air anymore.
  • JimBrown2626
    JimBrown2626
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 4
    Retreat sucks. 
    having said that, you have a great idea!

• Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 566
    I agree with you. The platoon shouldn't be redeployed after retreating for some time.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,442
    edited 11 Jul 2018, 7:47AM
    FBHO said:
    Retreating a platoon should really result in at least 50% damage to that platoon - get caught twice & it is 100% dead - but Kixeye apparently doesn't want to do that.

So instead Kixeye should implement a system with a 1 hour cooldown where you are unable to redeploy or disband a retreated platoon - you shouldn't be able to repeatedly send the same plat out.

There has to be some sort of penalty for retreating instead of fighting & this is a good compromise - you'll still be able to use the rest of your plats during that time. 
    doing this would require a lot more things that shouldnt be done. 
    for instance, what stops a person from disbanding the toon and making a new one with the same units and sending that new one out? Therefore the toons would have to be locked off and not be able to be changed at all, but what if you want to use one of the units in base defense, are you now not able to? that seems stupid if its a unit like roland, ardra etc.
    and when you say half its health, is that half its actual health or half its full health? because after attacking a base if my plat is caught by a level 20 alt account sniping, should i really lose all the units below half health bc some idiot has an alt with an autoclicker?
    what if i have a platoon of phalanx's and the enemy deploys a herald on RUBI and leaves. do i now have to wait the entire 7 minutes, running my phalanx around with no option to fight or run? if i could at least fight and kill the enemy units thats one thing, but when there is nothing my units can hit, and they cant hit me, should i really lose half the health of all my units because i dont want to wait 7 minutes to get my platoon back?
    EDIT: spelling stuff
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • rick.hersom
    rick.hersom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 183
    There was much more strategy involved in this game prior to the free platoon retreat being introduced. I would like to see it go back to the way it was. Your toon gets sniped it cannot be retreated.
  • Sun_Tzu
    Sun_Tzu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 202
    They do have a cool down...the time it takes them to get back to your base.  

• FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    snydersh said:
    FBHO said:

for instance, what stops a person from disbanding the toon and making a new one with the same units and sending that new one out? Therefore the toons would have to be locked off and not be able to be changed at all, but what if you want to use one of the units in base defense, are you now not able to? that seems stupid if its a unit like roland, ardra etc.
    and when you say half its health, is that half its actual health or half its full health? because after attacking a base if my plat is caught by a level 20 alt account sniping, should i really lose all the units below half health bc some idiot has an alt with an autoclicker?
    what if i have a platoon of phalanx's and the enemy deploys a herald on RUBI and leaves. do i now have to wait the entire 7 minutes, running my phalanx around with no option to fight or run? if i could at least fight and kill the enemy units thats one thing, but when there is nothing my units can hit, and they cant hit me, should i really lose half the health of all my units because i dont want to wait 7 minutes to get my platoon back?
    They already have the mechanism for not allowing platoon's for being disbanded - they've turned it on & off several times (IE: For a while you couldn't remove damaged units from base plat or from PVP plat until you repaired them, or how you can't remove damaged air units until healed, etc).

Base defense is base defense, don't risk you units on the map in an attack plat if you don't want to lose them.

Should be 50% of total health, IE:
    - If the platoon is 100% healed, all units should be returned with 50% health
    - If the platoon has units with 75% health, those units should be returned with 25% health
    - If the platoon has units with 50% health or less, those units should be returned completely dead...

Don't put plats out without anti-air if you don't want to risk losing them to Herald (which is easy to avoid, by the way, because it is so slow).
    If you're getting caught by a noob alt account your high level plats should easily survive.

Yes, if you get caught you should have to defend for 7 minutes or accept the 50% penalty - or accept a cooldown where that specific platoon can no longer be used for a set amount of time. 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Sun_Tzu said:
    They do have a cool down...the time it takes them to get back to your base.  

Not long enough - it has to be an actual penalty, not a 1 minute drive.
    The way it is now you can catch a guy 10 times & he can keep retreating & coming right back - that's wrong & should be stopped.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,442
    FBHO said:
    snydersh said:
    FBHO said:

They already have the mechanism for not allowing platoon's for being disbanded - they've turned it on & off several times (IE: For a while you couldn't remove damaged units from base plat or from PVP plat until you repaired them, or how you can't remove damaged air units until healed, etc).

Base defense is base defense, don't risk you units on the map in an attack plat if you don't want to lose them.

- If the platoon has units with 75% health, those units should be returned with 25% health
    - If the platoon has units with 50% health or less, those units should be returned completely dead...

Don't put plats out without anti-air if you don't want to risk losing them to Herald (which is easy to avoid, by the way, because it is so slow).
    If you're getting caught by a noob alt account your high level plats should easily survive.

Yes, if you get caught you should have to defend for 7 minutes or accept the 50% penalty - or accept a cooldown where that specific platoon can no longer be used for a set amount of time. 
    agree to disagree i guess. while i certainly agree that people should be forced into a fight by the initiative of the attacker, i think it is dumb to be able to force a guy to actively defend his toon for 7 minutes while the attacker puts a herald on RUBI and leaves. either both have to be at the fight or neither. 
    maybe a good compromise is that you cannot retreat until 1 minute has passed after which you can go. this gives enough time for an attacker to punish the toon if he actually intends to attack it and not so long as to be stupid if all he wants to do if fly a herald around.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    snydersh said:
    FBHO said:
    snydersh said:
    FBHO said:

agree to disagree i guess. while i certainly agree that people should be forced into a fight by the initiative of the attacker, i think it is dumb to be able to force a guy to actively defend his toon for 7 minutes while the attacker puts a herald on RUBI and leaves. either both have to be at the fight or neither. 
    maybe a good compromise is that you cannot retreat until 1 minute has passed after which you can go. this gives enough time for an attacker to punish the toon if he actually intends to attack it and not so long as to be stupid if all he wants to do if fly a herald around.
    That's not a bad idea but one minute is too short. 
    Maybe change the timer for all platoon battles from 7 minutes to 3.5 minutes & take away retreat completely.
    This would also help with the **** circle that certain clans like to hide in...
  • Tim Parsons
    Tim Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 80
    ok what if i deploy a plat then bubble the guy using only air,i send more toon back to be punished?
  • johhnyD36
    johhnyD36
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 135
    ok what if i deploy a plat then bubble the guy using only air,i send more toon back to be punished?
    then you have not retreated the plat have you. you have sent it home. the option to retreat a plat that has been caught out is rubbish. a war gaem where you get the option to bottle it because you will lose. 
  • ChrisV444x
    ChrisV444x
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 407
    sure take away retreat but only allow ground for the attacker as well or allow both the use of only  certain predetermined air units in  dedicated slot for Toon PVP . dont allow the attacker to "leave" battle either. If i cant retreat you cant leave .   
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    sure take away retreat but only allow ground for the attacker as well or allow both the use of only  certain predetermined air units in  dedicated slot for Toon PVP . dont allow the attacker to "leave" battle either. If i cant retreat you cant leave .   
    Why? 
    When platoon battles were established (when the world map went live) you were always able to attack with air - that's part of  the game. 
    Don't put platoons on the map without anti-air if you don't want to risk losing them.

Instead of 3,000 space worth of uniques maybe you should rethink your platoon makeup...
  • DEATHJR6
    DEATHJR6
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 244
    FBHO said:
    Why? 
    When platoon battles were established (when the world map went live) you were always able to attack with air - that's part of  the game. 
    Don't put platoons on the map without anti-air if you don't want to risk losing them.

Instead of 3,000 space worth of uniques maybe you should rethink your platoon makeup...

I agree, people argue that air units attacking platoons isn't fair, but that's the whole reason people put anti-air on platoons. Ever since retreat feature was added, people started putting all unique and anti-ground only units because they don't have to worry about being attacked anymore. The strategy in platoons is choosing your units wisely and not just stuffing the platoons full of heavies without care or thought behind the strategy.
  • ChrisV444x
    ChrisV444x
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 407
    Well maybe back when you had cobras and hellstorms to contend with one could defend an air attack on a platoon with some AA mixed in and have enough ground toon to complete the objective   . No way to put together a toon with sufficient AA now and still be able to hit a base. On top of that its already hard enough to get into some bases, almost impossible if theyre online , and if you do retreat thats usually a 5-10 + min round trip to come back all the while your base cords are already posted and prob getting flat and the base you were trying to get to is getting more cover.  . If you think otherwise I welcome to see what your toon would have in it to be able to defend all air units in game and still flat a high level base . Its balanced fine when you add loss of infamy for retreating, the travel time home and back and the heads up it gives whomever your hitting or hit you . 
  • KING-HAITHAM
    KING-HAITHAM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 34

When you try to attack enemy base , the Loading took more time than when u try to attack enemy toon , so defender have more chance to catch your toon for Loading bug ! So its unfair pvp ! And now you wanna to kill last fun for pvp ! if this happen there will be no pvp !

GLORY_Me !
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader

When you try to attack enemy base , the Loading took more time than when u try to attack enemy toon , so defender have more chance to catch your toon for Loading bug ! So its unfair pvp ! And now you wanna to kill last fun for pvp ! if this happen there will be no pvp !

False, this will make it fair for both sides - just like it used to be before Kixeye meddled with it...