Official Altairian Catch-up Discussion Thread

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 744
    This can get into a long drawn argument. And I do not wish to do the same. Even supercell, who I thought had the best model of F2P out there, posted their first below expectation year, last year in terms of numbers. Simply put, the game wasn't making money as they thought it would. And if you really, really, don't think P2W is not a valid business model, I really don't know what to say. I can go on about the list of games that are P2W and doing well. I had even researched into such games, their models, player bases, incomes, output etc. Not going to spend time explaining all that. Daniel, I make no assumptions. Perhaps you do with your snide quote on a control group. 
    You are explaining that I am wrong, but not how I am wrong. What that says to me is that you don't know how I am wrong and are refusing to look critically at what I have said and what you have said. You did make assumptions, denying that is denying reality. I really do think that P2W is one of the worst business models and what you can say to change my mind on that is proof that it isn't. You mention Supercell as an example of F2P, but they are using a P2W model, less extreme than Kixeye, but still P2W, so your example is just furthering my point...And with the control group, I was just furthering your logic to demonstrate its flaws.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone and having an open discourse with them. It's one of the greatest things about the internet. The problem is so many people end up getting aggressive because they feel like they are getting personally attacked just because their ideas are getting questioned. I have nothing against you personally and am more than happy to change my views if you show me sufficient proof as to why I should. I hope you feel the same.

@Daniel Rose  The forums is about 1% of the player community. Kixeye listens to constructive feedback. But feedback is feedback, its not demands or "truths" they are required to act on. Theres plenty of people on the forums who make themselves into spokespersons for "what a large part of the community wants", including you. If these people really were such a goldmine of "truths" about the game then of course kixeye would act on it, but thats also an illusion. Many of these people handle their ideas being turned down badly as well.

Less 1% of a community do not represent the wants of the whole. This isnt unique for Kixeye, this is basic for any online game. Listening to community interest groups in front of control groups has always been a bad idea for a game. Its less of a risk that control groups have a conflicting agenda and more likely that they make suggestions within the acceptable framework of the game.

So what do Kixeye think about the forums and armchair developers who believe they speak for the community? There have been posts about it in the past but heres a pair of youtube videos that may be enlightening. Especially the second.

The problem is that Kixeye don't listen to constructive feedback, and don't communicate as to why they don't. Of course they are not required to listen to it, but my point is that it is in their best interest to listen to and consider it. You assume that I am making myself a spokesperson for what a large part of the community wants, but I am not. I am stating my own personal views and the views that I have observed from others. I make no claim that I represent everyone, because I clearly do not. And it is not that my ideas and suggestions are turned down that frustrates me, it is that they are completely ignored without explanation.

Yes, only 1% of the community may be on the forums (I'm skeptical about this number because they showed no statistics backing it up i.e. number of forum users / number of players ). But this does not mean they should be ignored or that they are the only ones feeling this way. If only the 1% of players who are on the forums felt this way, the player count would not be dropping the way it is. We may be the ones saying something, but we are not the only ones feeling something. Tell me, why is it a bad idea to listen to the community? Please explain that to me. The "control group" for Vega Conflict is, from my understanding, a bunch (relative term) of high level players on the test server with infinite resources. Therefore they all see the game from the very top. How is that not a biased viewpoint?

One thing that I got from skimming through the videos linked (I don't have time to watch the whole things right now) is how Kixeye thinks of the players. They appear to view the players very condescendingly, which is a recipe for disaster. Your players are your partners. They are your backers. Treating them like children who don't know what they are talking about shows a lack of respect for the power they hold and is a great way to lose them.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,212

By the looks of it it seems the 110 Brigades been changed again. O.O

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,877
    GDIAX said:

By the looks of it it seems the 110 Brigades been changed again. O.O

It seems it's back to its original layout. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Das... Abscheulich... Ritter...
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,212

They do seem to be much easier than before, Anyone confirming this?

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 169

Does buffing the fleets really help Kixeye? You are not going to frustrate people into coining like the days of old. I really think they don't know what else to do. If people stop hitting these **** targets, they will just spam us with more "catch-up" events. They are not doing any of us a favor, because they constantly lie and act like nothing has changed. I need to understand how changing and buffing the fleets helps this game? You have NO new players, why are you doing this to us?

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,269
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 12:39AM

Does buffing the fleets really help Kixeye? You are not going to frustrate people into coining like the days of old. I really think they don't know what else to do. If people stop hitting these **** targets, they will just spam us with more "catch-up" events. They are not doing any of us a favor, because they constantly lie and act like nothing has changed. I need to understand how changing and buffing the fleets helps this game? You have NO new players, why are you doing this to us?

honestly just watch the videos and you will understand, just watch its worth it

The CEO honestly believes frustrated players spend more

they change and buff because not taking damage or enough damage, again according to the freaking CEO breaks the game

? Please explain that to me. The "control group" for Vega Conflict is, from my understanding, a bunch (relative term) of high level players on the test server with infinite resources. Therefore they all see the game from the very top. How is that not a biased viewpoint?

They need to start from scratch and see how far they get, without using money,  they wont get far at all and quit very very very soon,  a player who quits just finds another game.

Until they  play from scratch they will never understand the frustrations of new and old players alike, and just how asinine [stupid]  the systems that are in place are.
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Azazell9444
    Azazell9444
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 10

I hit 4 altairian mothership lvl 120 and i took 12 hrs repear. I used 5 elit bastion and mk4 sovering and each one of them have 2 plazma resonant armor and 3x lvl3 spectral shell for bastions 1x lvl3 2x lvl2 plazma shell for sovering and i also have %22.5 harmonic bonus dps.So targets fine.The only problem with this event is that it is not a catch-up event

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,269
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 1:09AM

Your sovereign won't survive if you use as a tank, enemy sovereign melts it.

mine took almost no damage and didnt loose shields. Equiped spec shell 3x3  plasma armor x2 and LVL 3 energy resistor, ill try one perhaps i know i got about 11% avg last event on a 110. Whats your fitting?

Results did a 110
    12% total dmg hardly any to soverign which i use to tank enemy sovereign beam,your  equipment is wrong or terrible  pilot , refit  with my advice
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,533

Last event mothership 110.....5 elite bastions, all energy resistant with a sov mk2 with plasma shells, 5.5 hrs rep

This event, 5 elite bastions, I changed shells to plasma, and same sov 2, 5.5 hrs rep

So I should have taken less dmg due to plasma resistance but no so tells me mothership 110 buffed from last event.

I think the main reason is because you no longer have Spectral Shells to tank the Sovereign's Cyclotron Beams.
  • pseudonym
    pseudonym
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 8

No need for plasma shells or armour, Mothership 120 ;)

• Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance

@Cyrus Leung said:
    Gary Pollock said:

Last event mothership 110.....5 elite bastions, all energy resistant with a sov mk2 with plasma shells, 5.5 hrs rep

This event, 5 elite bastions, I changed shells to plasma, and same sov 2, 5.5 hrs rep

So I should have taken less dmg due to plasma resistance but no so tells me mothership 110 buffed from last event.

I think the main reason is because you no longer have Spectral Shells to tank the Sovereign's Cyclotron Beams.

Is a combination of spectral and plasma armor the best way to go? Or is this intentional (it is) to screw people over as they refit to more plasma based armor, resistors etc? Can we have an answer @CM_Lee if the Sovereign in the MS110 has more energy dps than the last event?

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,533
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 1:59AM

@Cyrus Leung said:
    Gary Pollock said:

Is a combination of spectral and plasma armor the best way to go? Or is this intentional (it is) to screw people over as they refit to more plasma based armor, resistors etc? Can we have an answer @CM_Lee if the Sovereign in the MS110 has more energy dps than the last event?

If the entire fleet had only dealt Plasma Damage, then this would have happened.

The fleet was subsequently adjusted to mix damage types.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 6:49PM

I love how the most effective fleet to take on the boss targets is always the newest cruisers with the newest cruiser weapon and the newest carrier with the newest carrier weapons. It's great not having to ever worry about any of the other ships and tech released and having the best build made so blatantly clear. So much better than how it used to be where you were rewarded for diversity and strategic planning. That was such a drag. (Read in as sarcastic a tone as imaginable for intended meaning.)

Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance

And this realization makes you want to spend MORE amirite?

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,651

I love how the most effective fleet to take on the boss targets is always the newest cruisers with the newest cruiser weapon and the newest carrier with the newest carrier weapons. It's great not having to ever worry about any of the other ships and tech released and having the best build made so blatantly clear. So much better than how it used to be were you were rewarded for diversity and strategic planning. That was such a drag. (Read in as sarcastic a tone as imaginable for intended meaning.)

Otherwise would not be the boss target.....
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,104
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 4:06AM

I hit 4 altairian mothership lvl 120 and i took 12 hrs repear. I used 5 elit bastion and mk4 sovering and each one of them have 2 plazma resonant armor and 3x lvl3 spectral shell for bastions 1x lvl3 2x lvl2 plazma shell for sovering and i also have %22.5 harmonic bonus dps.

You can't have 22.5% with that setup, though. Max 12.5%.

Can't get repairs lower than 3 hours, i would see some tactics if someone managed.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,651

I hit 4 altairian mothership lvl 120 and i took 12 hrs repear. I used 5 elit bastion and mk4 sovering and each one of them have 2 plazma resonant armor and 3x lvl3 spectral shell for bastions 1x lvl3 2x lvl2 plazma shell for sovering and i also have %22.5 harmonic bonus dps.So targets fine.The only problem with this event is that it is not a catch-up event

Having excess of shields to armor means that you will have more repair time.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain

And this realization makes you want to spend MORE amirite?

Mhm totally. That sounds like the only reasonable option. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• RightSaidFred
    RightSaidFred
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 2
    GDIAX said:

They do seem to be much easier than before, Anyone confirming this?

I dont understand how you can say that.....bastion still at start has massive range. Some bastions and some paragons now have plasma weapons - that wasnt in previous events. It appears they have buffed the health as well. In short these are still massively OP compared to previous events.
  • John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 956

so the catch up event is easy for high level players but imposible for those its meant for.

Welcome to vega coinflict
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,200

Anyone seen coop targets? Haven't seen one, mothership and fortress.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    So trying to find how mid level players with axis can do this catchup event....
    impposible.
    the low level targets pay out too little. give way too much rep and pointless

so the catch up event is easy for high level players but imposible for those its meant for.

Helping mid level players has never been kix's stong side.
    Well, those who are at axis can still hit outposts.
  • Big Red414
    Big Red414
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 4
    For those players that have a fleet of Bastion and Sov Elites, more power to you. However, if you come in here and post that and say everything is working as normal you are apart of the problem, not the solution. The average player doesn't have a fleet full of Elite ships, furthermore, they may only have two or three bastions and MAYBE a Sov. 

A catch up event should be enjoyable for a mid-low level player and help them with the ability to catch up in what they are lacking in order to stay with the rest of the player base. 

It still boggles my mind how kix manages to piss everyone off and think its ok. If the game in enjoyable, the player base will most likely buy coins, however, I personally will not coin repair or anything else anymore because of kix's thinking. 

All I am saying is consider the ships everyone else might have before you come in and say everything is ok. Because its not. 
  • Zombie3116
    Zombie3116
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 191
    Stormer-M said:

Welcome to vega coinflict
    I know. The event is super easy for players with the tech already.
    I'm hitting the lv 110 motherships purely for crafting boxes.
    While repping the fleet i started looking at ways for mid level players that's struggling for points using my old xeno/axis hulls,
    And i was shocked at how impossible kix made it for them
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    And i was shocked at how impossible kix made it for them
    This is because of the gap between T6.5 and T7, which never changed during this season. Kixeye simply never bothered adding transition between factions of older seasons. It's like peasants' problem - nobody there cares how you do it with your mk1 axis ships (because there is no way to farm upgrades lol).
  • Azazell9444
    Azazell9444
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 10

@Sequestor said:
    Azazell9444 said:

I hit 4 altairian mothership lvl 120 and i took 12 hrs repear. I used 5 elit bastion and mk4 sovering and each one of them have 2 plazma resonant armor and 3x lvl3 spectral shell for bastions 1x lvl3 2x lvl2 plazma shell for sovering and i also have %22.5 harmonic bonus dps.

You can't have 22.5% with that setup, though. Max 12.5%.

Can't get repairs lower than 3 hours, i would see some tactics if someone managed.

you can put harmonic xeno beam capasitor and harmonic beam capasitor at the same time and this mean %5 for each bastion

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,200

My bastions is a total 25% harmonic warfare bonus using both specials above

• Dan_F135
    Dan_F135
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 164
    where are the co-op 140's at? havn't been any all event.
    @CM_Lee
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
    Dan_F135 said:
    where are the co-op 140's at? havn't been any all event.
    @CM_Lee
    Coop 140's are spawning in the Carmine Nebula now, we found an issue with a spawner that is now corrected. 
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE