8.27 Official Discussion

• BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 851
    Rapid Assault campaign prize list is awesome. Just make sure the campaign is super easy so even I can do it. 
    It is easy enough with a ranked and retrofitted fleet of Phoenix or Skyfire. My Skyfire fleet can do the mastery rounds for ~ 4 hours of damage. I tried with my Manticores in PP2 and docked with 9 hours of damage.
    BlackPoops98
    <-- Firing massive chunks of black poo since '98 -->

• john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 461
    I just 5 minutes ago put a maticore on refit nothing is showing any reduction if I refit instantly

It only shows up before you start the refit. There is a "Start Build" button and "Instantly Build" button.
    Lightshot screenshot

At that point you are also paying for the resources to complete the build. For example the build I have shown would cost 507 gold to speed up after I start the build. The 667 cost shown accounts for the resources to complete the build as well as the time.

ty just noticed it.

• Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 266
    • Proto-Centurion fleets will not incorrectly trigger maximum weight checks in combat.
    Double negatives can be confusing, 2 negatives equal a positive

So this means
    • Proto-Centurion fleets will correctly trigger maximum weight checks in combat.
  • HowHigh
    HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 924
    So for r and d you want a new player to do an ssrb
    https://corp.kixeye.com/
    Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full ****, man. Never go full ****. 
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 95
    HowHigh said:
    So for r and d you want a new player to do an ssrb
    I know dumb right.  I guess they expect everyone to join a league and ask for help, as its the only way anyone could possibly do them.
  • IonDeluxe
    IonDeluxe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 11
    TheHolsh said:
    IonDeluxe said:
    OK let me get this straight. My punishers fully ranked and outfitted that could easily do the SDC's lvl 30 are now a useless fleet and can barely do the new legion colonies. I had one punisher survive with a mere sliver of health left. These Punishers could do LVL 52 SDC with significant damage which are worth MORE base parts.
    Please explain how this is supposed to help players that are attempting to catch up.
    What is the point of having punishers in the FM now?
    What is the point of having Punisher tokens in the FM now?

As politely as I can manage. PLEASE STOP MAKING REGULAR TARGETS HARDER! this includes FM, Silo targets, daily Missions, Draconian Bases (now sub sector bases) 
    Punishers are in the fm to help you get to the zelos, monos, and Icebreakers.
    Punishers are in FM to help you advance, not for specific purpose or target. Part of that is siege targets. Regardless, changing the targets so a fleet goes from proficient to useless in one fowl swoop is reprehensible, especially when player have PAID to build said fleet quicker because that what they have! Punishers are sucky already for FM, they cannot take explosive or penetrative charged armours, and thier resistances in these areas are low, so I dispute your premise they are there for FM mission at all
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    IonDeluxe said:
    TheHolsh said:
    IonDeluxe said:
    OK let me get this straight. My punishers fully ranked and outfitted that could easily do the SDC's lvl 30 are now a useless fleet and can barely do the new legion colonies. I had one punisher survive with a mere sliver of health left. These Punishers could do LVL 52 SDC with significant damage which are worth MORE base parts.
    Please explain how this is supposed to help players that are attempting to catch up.
    What is the point of having punishers in the FM now?
    What is the point of having Punisher tokens in the FM now?

As politely as I can manage. PLEASE STOP MAKING REGULAR TARGETS HARDER! this includes FM, Silo targets, daily Missions, Draconian Bases (now sub sector bases) 
    Punishers are in the fm to help you get to the zelos, monos, and Icebreakers.
    Punishers are in FM to help you advance, not for specific purpose or target. Part of that is siege targets. Regardless, changing the targets so a fleet goes from proficient to useless in one fowl swoop is reprehensible, especially when player have PAID to build said fleet quicker because that what they have! Punishers are sucky already for FM, they cannot take explosive or penetrative charged armours, and thier resistances in these areas are low, so I dispute your premise they are there for FM mission at all
    I know they are for the fm cause I made an alt a few months ago and those punishers were key in autoing the low level targets and allowed me to quickly get icebreakers and icebreaker tokens to build them with.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 107
    can we get some 1 hour ship build tokens in the bounty store?
  • kiwis
    kiwis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 226
    Another campaign that the prizes not worth the damage
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,094
    kiwis said:
    Another campaign that the prizes not worth the damage
    damage is pretty minimal with the right technique.

but true, if you've already fully built both manti fleets, the prizes are probably not worth it.
  • Donny_Wonny
    Donny_Wonny
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 25
    18 hours of repair to a dead manticore fleet doing the campaign, are you fckin insane Kix, 18 HOURS REPAIR TO A FLEET, definitely not worth doing.
  • Mad Viking
    Mad Viking
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 180
    Use sky fire's for the camp - I did 2 mastery runs for ~3 hrs of damage to the flag, but I didn't pay much attention to my driving. Heck it auto'ed the last encounter on the last mastery run because I got bored and still didn't take a lot of damage.

Manticore scatter fleet - ugh ,damage sucked.
    Manticore missile fleet - damage wasn't awful, but too much
    Phoenix fleet (r5, but old missiles) - took a fireball in the head and said thats enough.
    Skyfire fleet (r5) - worked like a charm.
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 228
    Asking for a Mod reply please - July's Raid:

What countermeasure weapons are going to be most effective in the next raid?  How many will we need in the fleet?

Thank you.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    Lt_Caine said:

What countermeasure weapons are going to be most effective in the next raid?  How many will we need in the fleet?

Thank you.
    The July and August events will be just like the last 2 events.  
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 228
    edited 6 Jul 2018, 7:32PM
    Laredo said:
    Lt_Caine said:

Thank you.
    Thanks for the quick reply.... The countermeasures were revised after the last raid (I think).  Will three sprints per fleet be enough?  Or will the new MDS be needed since sprints got reduced in effectiveness?

EDIT: Not asking about the little buggers that can't really be countered.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,239

All of you be quiet! It’s fricking hot as balls here today!

You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    18 hours of repair to a dead manticore fleet doing the campaign, are you fckin insane Kix, 18 HOURS REPAIR TO A FLEET, definitely not worth doing.
    not worth doing the way you did it. find a better way - its a strategy game. use some.
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 97
    Lt_Caine said:
    Laredo said:
    Lt_Caine said:

Thank you.
    Thanks for the quick reply.... The countermeasures were revised after the last raid (I think).  Will three sprints per fleet be enough?  Or will the new MDS be needed since sprints got reduced in effectiveness?

Sprints are best against the turrets of the big ships on the last 2-raids, and at-least 4x of them for the fleet is enough - THIS IS BEFORE THE FIXED.

IF the July event will be something similar to the last VXP weekend (Assault 105s) which is AFTER THE FIXED, Absolutely sprints will not be that efficient anymore.

We might need to comeback on this Forum after the 1st few  hours or 1st day of the coming raid, for some players who will be kind enough to share a better CM config. Personally, I keep my manti's tokens for this matter.
  • Bouli
    Bouli
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 110
    Lt_Caine said:
    Laredo said:
    Lt_Caine said:

Thank you.

I believe they introduced this new Countermeasure Bug (they call it feature, but we know it is a bug) before June's raid. So this bug should be the same in July's raid as well.
  • robert.labree
    robert.labree
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 43
    just remember, read through kixeye BS, they r not your friend, they ask for your input but don't do anything about it, their maintanence before raids sux. I tried to change a weapon on a turret to an anti mort and that was all, guess how long for that 26days ridiculous. Everytime u file a support ticket for lag and freezing, u get the same answers clear cache,disable hardware accelerator etc. It is automatically assumed it is on your end and not thiers. The problem is their computer system cannot handle all the traffic and needs to be upgraded but they r too cheap to upgrade it. captpinky
  • estrauss11
    estrauss11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 202
    Bouli said:
    Is the problem with not being able to redeem the limited charged armors fixed (CO/CT/M/X) ?
    They refuse to fix that issue. Every person that wrote to my ticket is vague about it and gives different answers.

Someone stated a post from Rampage in which they say the limit is 5. But fun fact is in that post Rampage actually says the limit has been increased and that you can claim the normal amount of charged armors each week.
    So the person who wrote that answer in my ticket got proven wrong and now they simply refuse to acknowledge they are wrong as hell and they remain vague on purpose in the hopes that people stop asking questions.
    That is funny since I only have 3 of charge X and M and I own them. Support ticket being sent.
    KaffeEric Stike Lighting
  • dickster52
    dickster52
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 6
    the replays are not working again goes to map !!! kix broke it !

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 340
    Yes, replays are yet again broken
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,264
    bort said:
    not worth doing the way you did it. find a better way - its a strategy game. use some.
    So use a different fleet that takes ~70 days to build of the same class yet lower tier? That's what you're saying. Skyfires and Phoenix should not perform better in a campaign that is being pushed as "Manticores Recommended" and requires ownership of the Manticore print just to get into the first battle. That's broken design.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Jul 2018, 9:55PM
    SIF said:
    bort said:
    So use a different fleet that takes ~70 days to build of the same class yet lower tier? That's what you're saying. Skyfires and Phoenix should not perform better in a campaign that is being pushed as "Manticores Recommended" and requires ownership of the Manticore print just to get into the first battle. That's broken design.
    no. i'm saying use some strategy with what you have. like in the good ole days when you actually had to figure out targets.

manticores can cruise through the campaign easily with far less than 18 hours of repairs.

that said, i hadnt really considered him using a different fleet, but you make a good point, if he already has a sky/phoenix fleet, his statement is even worse as he has even more options.
  • piranha007
    piranha007
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 328
    It would be more to the player base liking to lower the build and refit and repair costs time ect,ect titanium cost is really null !

• Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 34
    Why does one take damage just by launching the just by launching the haymaker drones, it is only some seconds, it does not hurt me, but does it really help kix to skim off a little from each player, or is it a bug. I sincerely hope it is a bug, for otherwise kix will set a new record for cheapness.

Talking about that, kix ' fixed ' the dead bases by letting the shipyard repair? It is hardly more exciting to hit a dead base with just a shipyard than it is to find it completely dead. Please let that only be a mistake following bounty.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    Why does one take damage just by launching the just by launching the haymaker drones, it is only some seconds, it does not hurt me, but does it really help kix to skim off a little from each player, or is it a bug. I sincerely hope it is a bug, for otherwise kix will set a new record for cheapness.

Talking about that, kix ' fixed ' the dead bases by letting the shipyard repair? It is hardly more exciting to hit a dead base with just a shipyard than it is to find it completely dead. Please let that only be a mistake following bounty.
    It is not a bug at all, it is on the blueprint. The Caedes drones have this same effect on it also.

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 34
    TheHolsh said:

It is not a bug at all, it is on the blueprint. The Caedes drones have this same effect on it also.

Understood mate, but I don't talk about a drone being destroyed, just launched and flattened a dock, 1 min and some seconds damage, nothing that can fire at you. Health cost to me said if you lost it.
  • kixeyeuser_1390324778497_100007679130563
    kixeyeuser_1390324778497_100007679130563
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 85
    So the prize for the rapid assault campaign (which you need a manticore fleet to even try it) is manticore build tokens. There isnt anyone at kixeye that realizes the stupidity of this???
    HaHa.  Just like in the raids.  You need a Manticore to do the raid but if you don't have a fleet already built your screwed cause the weapons and specials for the Manticore are in the locked store.  Too Funny