8.27 Official Discussion

• john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 524
    I see a pop up announcing a limited time sale on refits to manticores. I put 2 on to add armour but how do I get any discount? time and gold cost seem as before?
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 542
    I see a pop up announcing a limited time sale on refits to manticores. I put 2 on to add armour but how do I get any discount? time and gold cost seem as before?
    when I design a dragon "build instantly" price has a strike through with a new price (50%) next to it. the current build (also a dragon) does not so I assume it's only for new build/refit during the offer and its only the gold cost of build instantly (maybe speed up also?) everything else (time/resources) is the same.
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Skilled Warrior
    i put a manticore on refit and there is nothing that shows me an offer if i refit it instantly?

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 542
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 10:40AM
    i put a manticore on refit and there is nothing that shows me an offer if i refit it instantly?

I just did a little test. there is nothing once it has started. Only if I were to select it immediately. if your's is not showing in design or before starting then it would appear yours is glitched, note it is a reduction in gold price only.
    Time etc is not reduced.
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Skilled Warrior
    I just 5 minutes ago put a maticore on refit nothing is showing any reduction if I refit instantly

• blackheart300
    blackheart300
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 53
    103a  new targets..buccs  could fill up with a couple of hours damages.. 103 couldnt even complete one ..looks like its will be the long assed way ofupgrading ..or just pack it in .. 
  • Brent Myers
    Brent Myers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 170
    The assault camp is a huge joke! Kix is starting to limit the amount of items to get for a fleet now. This must be a new direction for the game. You get a blueprint but only one and too have it you need to acquire it multiple times. One time use is this how your starting to go. YOU DON'T EVEN THINK you can't even refit an entire fleet if you complete the camp, one ship at must. 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    The assault camp is a huge joke! Kix is starting to limit the amount of items to get for a fleet now. This must be a new direction for the game. You get a blueprint but only one and too have it you need to acquire it multiple times. One time use is this how your starting to go. YOU DON'T EVEN THINK you can't even refit an entire fleet if you complete the camp, one ship at must. 
    luckily for you, they're protecting you from yourself. you dont want to refit a whole fleet of them
  • Alessandro Bonifai
    Alessandro Bonifai
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 299
    can, pls, kix increase the tokens storage for manticores build pls ?
    10 is ridicolous....
    ty a lot
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 391
    Rapid assault campaign is a joke, granted my manti fleet is an original scatter fleet x5 (flag is now building) but im doing the campaign for far less damage using skys or phoenix again with original tech not the newer stuff from manti's so im having a hard time believing that the manticore is THE fleet of choice for this campaign.

• kamfper
    kamfper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 79
    Why are there coldsnap turrets in the last round of the PP2 of the TLC? Dont tell me that they ONLY give pen or corrosive damage or both, because I went in the last round with a little under 4h damage and I finished it with over 7h damage, since the nice blue salvos of the coldsnap just go through the health bar of my ships like wtf
  • kamfper
    kamfper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 79
    hard not to drive into the Cold Snaps when the **** range of the corrosive weapons is shorter than the cold snap range... so dont drive into the target is worthless unless you have missile on the manticore fleet 
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 921
    same should go for the vxp tokens.

It boggles my mind why manticore tokens are capped so low when EVERY OTHER TOKEN IS CAPPED AT 99 (besides generic build tokens). It made sense somewhat at the start of the assault cycle, to prevent players from hoarding them, but now we're 3 months in. It's time to bring the limit up, especially with all the TLCs giving manticore tokens out
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 354
    Manticores were supposed to be better than the phoenix? Well, they are not. Despite the manticores beeing fully fittet with the latest gear, and my phoenix are fittet with 1 year old teck, the phoenix outshines the manticores in every aspect. Except.. the manticores can have a bit more deflection. But, for a T7 hull, they are a huge dissapointment!
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,614
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 3:08PM
    I just 5 minutes ago put a maticore on refit nothing is showing any reduction if I refit instantly

It only shows up before you start the refit. There is a "Start Build" button and "Instantly Build" button.
    Lightshot screenshot

At that point you are also paying for the resources to complete the build. For example the build I have shown would cost 507 gold to speed up after I start the build. The 667 cost shown accounts for the resources to complete the build as well as the time.
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 729
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 3:49PM
    Seige Target Transition :-  In this time Legion Colony targets will spawn alongside existing Scourge Blockade targets.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought Scourge Blockades gave Uranium !!!!!

and where are the Legion targets ? Have they been withdrawn again ?
  • Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 712
    How low u must be kix, to cheat in your own game, lol. I hope u all die in there from money deprivation, **** IDIOTS!
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 4:03PM
    Seige Target Transition :-  In this time Legion Colony targets will spawn alongside existing Scourge Blockade targets.

There is one side that gives uranium and one side that gives baseparts. Eventually a titanium side and fm points side will be added.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,614
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 4:03PM

and where are the Legion targets ? Have they been withdrawn again ?
    Good catch, it should be the Scourge Defense Grids. I will correct it.

The spawns seem to alternate with the SDGs currently. So there should be a spawn in about 30 minutes.
  • Jon Pratt
    Jon Pratt
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 32
    TheHolsh said:
    Jon Pratt said:
    Could you please increase the storage capacity of Manticore build tokens for the players? 
    Why do you need it increased? Just wondering...To adjust a fleet during a raid. Kixeye tunes the targets every raid. I would like to be able to do the same
  • ali.parr
    ali.parr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 506

I just did a little test. there is nothing once it has started. Only if I were to select it immediately. if your's is not showing in design or before starting then it would appear yours is glitched, note it is a reduction in gold price only.
    Time etc is not reduced.
    It is the price offered at the start of the build, "build instantly" as opposed to just "build".

I saw a post where someone worked out that it was cheaper to buy the gold and speed up the build as in the instant build you are paying for resources.

• kris.amos.35
    kris.amos.35
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 203
    Seriously, 1 cheese ball is 3 hours damage (it was seeing eye too, the **** thing followed my fleet).... in a penetrative/corrosive mission set do we now need radioactive resistance or have to add anti-morts.   Any idea if this will be required for the raid. 
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 249
    edited 4 Jul 2018, 11:17PM
    Did Rapid Assault mastery for instant repair along the way.   Used upgraded Phoenix fleet with a Wolfpak crew.  Best that I could do with Manticore missle with one Predator each and same crew was 2.5 hr accumulated. 

Did not get a flame ball hit with the Phoenix but did with the Manticore.  Flame ball looked to be about 1.5 hr damage for the Manti.
    EDIT: Last mastery took a fire ball on the Phoenix was about 3 hr damage.

Phoenix accelerates out of flaming seas and have more speed in general.  Looks like more speed is key for the Manticore.  Phoenix has slightly more missle defense compared to the Manticore.
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 2:39AM
    20 dollar manicore skin offer 200 gold received no skins
  • IonDeluxe
    IonDeluxe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 11
    OK let me get this straight. My punishers fully ranked and outfitted that could easily do the SDC's lvl 30 are now a useless fleet and can barely do the new legion colonies. I had one punisher survive with a mere sliver of health left. These Punishers could do LVL 52 SDC with significant damage which are worth MORE base parts.
    Please explain how this is supposed to help players that are attempting to catch up.
    What is the point of having punishers in the FM now?
    What is the point of having Punisher tokens in the FM now?

As politely as I can manage. PLEASE STOP MAKING REGULAR TARGETS HARDER! this includes FM, Silo targets, daily Missions, Draconian Bases (now sub sector bases) 
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 5 Jul 2018, 4:56AM
    111s today fleet not working as a group, the monos not following, the build is matched speed and range    befoe today they ran great     issue did not start at beginning FM it happened later as I got 600k no issues
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    IonDeluxe said:
    OK let me get this straight. My punishers fully ranked and outfitted that could easily do the SDC's lvl 30 are now a useless fleet and can barely do the new legion colonies. I had one punisher survive with a mere sliver of health left. These Punishers could do LVL 52 SDC with significant damage which are worth MORE base parts.
    Please explain how this is supposed to help players that are attempting to catch up.
    What is the point of having punishers in the FM now?
    What is the point of having Punisher tokens in the FM now?

As politely as I can manage. PLEASE STOP MAKING REGULAR TARGETS HARDER! this includes FM, Silo targets, daily Missions, Draconian Bases (now sub sector bases) 
    Punishers are in the fm to help you get to the zelos, monos, and Icebreakers.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 60
    Since bounty the lag has been horrible and still is, time to shape up lads?
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,555
    “Everything's show biz in the end”

and

"after the end that gets more near there is no biz no more for everything"
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • kixeyeuser_1373411935351_13942_83117901
    kixeyeuser_1373411935351_13942_83117901
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 105
    you knock a pitiful 40k **** in the conquest yard so still need 120k for a blank hull so much for reducing it and helping the players whata crock od smelly brown stuff
    always build conq/def shells in shipyard and refit in conq yard