Please tell me what is wrong with this picture???

Dread Pirate Roberts
Dread Pirate Roberts
Potential Threat
Joined May 2011 Posts: 49

I would like to know why this particular fleet did NO damage on a target that had Penetrating weakness???
  • DavyJones2594
    DavyJones2594
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 27
    you've tried a 85lvl target using outdated hull and weapons... Even in the lower lvl (45) your combo will not make it.. Apollos with penetrative and corrosive armor can do lower lvls GNR targets, Skyfires and Phoenix are the hulls you need for top lvl glowing navs and in a future not too much distant manticores will be.
  • Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    Potential Threat
    Thank you. So, how do I go about getting these 3 hulls you speak of? Skyfires, Phoenix's, and Manticores?
  • Lakhbir Singh
    Lakhbir Singh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 241
    raid probably
    COOT is recruiting; please PM Scorpious_DOW for details
  • Haly_Zadowski
    Haly_Zadowski
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 4
    Kixeye data mines your fleet and has coded targets to allow only certain fleets to successfully attack it, thus if you don't have their preferred fleet, you die, scrap those V2-H's they are useless
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,085
    Using and older fleet, without the latest defensive features would explain why it died quickly. But that doesn't explain why it didn't do any damage. 

I can understand why mgmt wants to force us to constantly buy new stuff (and despise them for that policy) but if I want to whittle away at a target with an older fleet, why shouldn't I be allowed to do that? His fleet should have some _some_ damage and if that's what he's got to work with and is patient enough, why not? I'm tired of being told that only fleet X will be effective against target Y. Strategy gaming is supposed to be all about letting humans develop their own strategies and tactics for solving the combat problem, not some paint by number insult. 
    Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • DavyJones2594
    DavyJones2594
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 27
    Thank you. So, how do I go about getting these 3 hulls you speak of? Skyfires, Phoenix's, and Manticores?
    Raids and Campaigns.. Apollos you can have in FM (Forsaken Mission) also build tokens for apollos.. On raids ask for help in your alliance so you can catch up the game faster.
  • Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    Potential Threat
    VvVvVvVvV I really appreciate your view and agree completely with it! I do have the Apollos and did see how to get the Manticore in the one Campaign after I posted that response. So the obvious next question is what is the best fleet to get the Manticore in its Campaign???
  • Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    Potential Threat
    So what is the best hull to use for a level 32 Legion Colony????
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,379
    Legion Colony targets are Siege class targets.

Ironclads would be a lower end ship that can handle them.
    Buccaneers, Hydras, Proto Centurions are the high end fleets that the targets are primarily designed for.

You might be able to get away with a well built Punisher fleet. I haven't heard of anyone trying that though, and I scrapped mine long ago otherwise I would give it a whirl.
  • Dread Pirate Roberts
    Dread Pirate Roberts
    Potential Threat
    Thanks Templar, tried it with a Punisher fleet was sunk before I made it to the nearest building!
  • Lakhbir Singh
    Lakhbir Singh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 241
    Legion Colony targets are Siege class targets.

Ironclads would be a lower end ship that can handle them.
    Buccaneers, Hydras, Proto Centurions are the high end fleets that the targets are primarily designed for.

You might be able to get away with a well built Punisher fleet. I haven't heard of anyone trying that though, and I scrapped mine long ago otherwise I would give it a whirl.
    i still have my puns; used to use them ehen i was hitting player enemy bases; got meself a boulder recently; and been using my boulder ever since; also getting a MSC for base hits
    COOT is recruiting; please PM Scorpious_DOW for details