Official New Marauder Discussion

2»
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 895
    July ...
    Kixeye Reasoning: Don´t fear free-to-play players (Yeah, remember, vegaconflict tag is FreeToPlay), we will launch the boxes of the new Marauder Cruiser when all those who want to buy, have their fleet purchased.
    again this is the correct answer, not what i want to hear, but what is the truth
    what i want to hear and everyone else?

    "we heard the player base loud and clear and BG crafting will be added to this current event and the nex, they wil also trickle down in targets and not up in difficulty" Per our state of the game address we gave a while back

    thats what i want to hear cyrus,

    im guessing July is void  cutters? so non coiners wont have upgraded BGs to fight them..
    No. The Second Altairian Hull released was the Paragon Battleship.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589

    Oh well, my blackguards won't have the special then, i will just use them against pillagers, I don't pvp, leave that to the coiners, no rewards for it, just damage and the option to let it repair or coin the repair.

    while i agree , i think you miss the point of the resurgence , it's made so you don't have to repair x)
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    Kixeye not responding on availability? When can a normal whale food player participate in this mark up blackguards?
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    this was one mods reasoning
     
    Junren-JS said:
     
    Additionally, I would surmise, based on that, that they would want to slow the marking up of the Black Guard precisely for this reason-- This is the first time Resurgence has come into play, and without a doubt people are going to coin and have them flying around the PvP arena tomorrow.  Halting the advance of their markups will allow Kixeye to see how effective those hulls are, and react to what they have in store for them appropriately-- especially if no one actually has them marked up to mk 5 by the end of the event.  Especially if some innovative player realizes a particular use for the hull that no one on the test team foresaw. 

     

    How come they  arent in this event? 

    Mods kept saying we couldn't farm BG crafting because the above , but we knew coin deal was coming because $$$. [ and like i said it came]  Mean while the real reason was to slow non coining/spending players from getting them, which is fine just be up front about it..

    When can we see the crafting boxes?


    July.
    Why is a CM not responding to any of these comments they just passing along tidbits for you to feed the fishes?
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    DaFknLecn said:
    I dont see kixeye addressing any of these issues in any threads.
    That is normal around here,

    -I.E go look at the few threads @CM_Lee comments in, he does a very good job at not answering questions and only replying to very select statements, sometimes a rare question.
    He is a professional at that. They should see a great drop off of players logging next month with all the new resurgent hulls.
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,559
    -snip--
    im guessing July is void  cutters? so non coiners wont have upgraded BGs to fight them..
    The thing to remember about the Marauder Faction Hulls is that you can be using your entire arsenal of ship hulls to grab points for them-- more than likely it's going to be a PvP event (hence, PvP hulls).  The BG's might give you a leg up for the next event, but only versus other player fleets.  Unless that's how you gained most of your points in the last event, I don't think there's anything you should be despairing about. 

    That said, I want you to note that most of my posts to lilBasterd are speculative-- hence why I preface my statements with "I surmise that..." or "My guess is..." or insert "more than likely..." into the middle of the statement.  Anything of that nature should be treated as unofficial feedback at best.  Don't base arguments based solely on what I'm guessing to be the case. 
    Despite the "VC Mod" forum tags, I am no longer a moderator.  Please go about your business and treat me like a fellow player.  Thanks! 
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,198

    @shyva prime said:
    Gary Pollock said:

    Oh well, my blackguards won't have the special then, i will just use them against pillagers, I don't pvp, leave that to the coiners, no rewards for it, just damage and the option to let it repair or coin the repair.

    while i agree , i think you miss the point of the resurgence , it's made so you don't have to repair x)

    If you pvp, then fine, I don't so no point in using it.

  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,198

    @shyva prime said:
    Gary Pollock said:

    Oh well, my blackguards won't have the special then, i will just use them against pillagers, I don't pvp, leave that to the coiners, no rewards for it, just damage and the option to let it repair or coin the repair.

    while i agree , i think you miss the point of the resurgence , it's made so you don't have to repair x)

    And only works on victory.

  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589
    @Cyrus Leung @CM_Lee ; @GDIAX   do you perhaps know if the Prophet flagship as the ability to scale every fleet it is escorting , to it's sector speed ? ( 420 at MK elite ) , or will the Prophet go down to 390 ? if it goes down to 390 , what was the reason for this 420 ?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,508
    edited 1 Jul 2018, 3:20PM
    @Cyrus Leung @CM_Lee ; @GDIAX   do you perhaps know if the Prophet flagship as the ability to scale every fleet it is escorting , to it's sector speed ? ( 420 at MK elite ) , or will the Prophet go down to 390 ? if it goes down to 390 , what was the reason for this 420 ?
    As far as I know, fleet speed is limited by the slowest member in the group.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    @Cyrus Leung @CM_Lee ; @GDIAX   do you perhaps know if the Prophet flagship as the ability to scale every fleet it is escorting , to it's sector speed ? ( 420 at MK elite ) , or will the Prophet go down to 390 ? if it goes down to 390 , what was the reason for this 420 ?
    see this is why you need new people testing things,that  would  of been   a  useful nice feature, its like kixeye stays away from nice and useful though...
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Jay_T42
    Jay_T42
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 177
    Sorry if this sounds off, but why the heck did you guys reskin the javelin flagship? it has the same firing arc which makes it useless in any situation where combat may be involved. You guys should have made it like the carrier where it has a 360 arc but shorter distance  such as 9k then 11k or something useful like that. Needless to say I am very disappointed in the thought process of your design team on the functionality of the ship, the looks however are on spot.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,508
    Jay_T42 said:
    Sorry if this sounds off, but why the heck did you guys reskin the javelin flagship? it has the same firing arc which makes it useless in any situation where combat may be involved. You guys should have made it like the carrier where it has a 360 arc but shorter distance  such as 9k then 11k or something useful like that. Needless to say I am very disappointed in the thought process of your design team on the functionality of the ship, the looks however are on spot.
    I do not see how a Javelin Flagship (jump ability) X Sovereign Carrier (firing arc) would be any more creative.
  • Hentaisama427
    Hentaisama427
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9
    Jay_T42 said:
    Sorry if this sounds off, but why the heck did you guys reskin the javelin flagship? it has the same firing arc which makes it useless in any situation where combat may be involved. You guys should have made it like the carrier where it has a 360 arc but shorter distance  such as 9k then 11k or something useful like that. Needless to say I am very disappointed in the thought process of your design team on the functionality of the ship, the looks however are on spot.
    I do not see how a Javelin Flagship (jump ability) X Sovereign Carrier (firing arc) would be any more creative.
    Maybe not creative but my personal gripe with the prophet firing arc is that kix had already shown the non marauder hull for the prophet aka altarian mothership  and on those fleets it has a 360 firing arc while the player version does not
  • Dan_F135
    Dan_F135
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 164
    can someone tell me why dragoon elites with the resugence special dont count towards the fleet resurgence bonus? i have 3 blackguards, and 2 dragoons in a fleet. when i select the fleet bonus tab, the dragoons dont show to be adding to it. the only restriction i see for the special is marauder.
  • MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 182
    Dan_F135 said:
    can someone tell me why dragoon elites with the resugence special dont count towards the fleet resurgence bonus? i have 3 blackguards, and 2 dragoons in a fleet. when i select the fleet bonus tab, the dragoons dont show to be adding to it. the only restriction i see for the special is marauder.
    Resurgence System does not add Fleet Resurgence. The only hulls currently in game that do are the Blackguard Cruiser and Prophet Flagship. You have to have 5 of them in a fleet.
  • Dan_F135
    Dan_F135
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 164
    ty. thats the answer i was looking for. support couldnt explain it like that
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,508
    Dan_F135 said:
    can someone tell me why dragoon elites with the resugence special dont count towards the fleet resurgence bonus? i have 3 blackguards, and 2 dragoons in a fleet. when i select the fleet bonus tab, the dragoons dont show to be adding to it. the only restriction i see for the special is marauder.
    Resurgence System does not add Fleet Resurgence. The only hulls currently in game that do are the Blackguard Cruiser and Prophet Flagship. You have to have 5 of them in a fleet.
    ^^ That.

    "Fleet Resurgence" is a fleet-wide bonus (similar to Harmonic Bonuses), while "Resurgence" is applied on a per-ship basis.
  • treecats
    treecats
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 138
    Anyone thought about armament on the Prophet Flagship?  Nothing or what we will fit with?

    Thanks!
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 895
    treecats said:
    Anyone thought about armament on the Prophet Flagship?  Nothing or what we will fit with?

    Thanks!
    Fit whatever weapons and specials you want, just no shield or armor, unless you want longer repairs.
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
    DaFknLecn said:
    Kixeye not responding on availability? When can a normal whale food player participate in this mark up blackguards?
    I'm following up on when these will be available, I have not heard a timeline so I will bring this up. Same with the Prophet. 


    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    2 weeks and
    CM_Lee said:
    DaFknLecn said:
    Kixeye not responding on availability? When can a normal whale food player participate in this mark up blackguards?
    I'm following up on when these will be available, I have not heard a timeline so I will bring this up. Same with the Prophet. 


    2 weeks and nothing?
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132

    And blackguard ? Guaranteed drop from pillaged in AW seems reasonable
    70s mk2
    80s mk3
    90s mk4
    100s mk5
    Doable @cm_lee?

    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.