Official New Marauder Discussion

«1
CM_Lee
CM_Lee
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
So we have a centralized place for questions, comments, concerns, or just general chat about the new Ships within the Marauder fleet!
VC Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 659
    It looks cool, though I'm not sure that I like how the ship looks in the refit screen. All other ships are a top-down view, this ones just a picture of the ship from a 45 degree side perspective which looks really out of place.
  • John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 907
    Can we get an explanation of how the upgrades will be obtained?

  • GuiltySpark343
    GuiltySpark343
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 10

    @SEAL Corps1 said:
    I'm surprised that the Prophet can hit 420 AU when it's at M6. That'll make it the fastest ship in sector space, surpassing the record from the prerebalance Python, which had 414.

    Well the escorts may slow it down so i dont think it matters much

  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,173

    @Stormer-M said:
    Can we get an explanation of how the upgrades will be obtained?

    Easy, $$$$$$ just like everything else :p


  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,199

    And on cue, coin deal for mk5 blackguards appeared

  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 907
    edited 28 Jun 2018, 12:48AM
    I'm surprised that the Prophet can hit 420 AU when it's at M6. That'll make it the fastest ship in sector space, surpassing the record from the prerebalance Python, which had 414.
    Very surprising indeed... However, if fleets escort it, it will be slowed down.
    Unless KIXEYE changes the escorting mechanics where fleets travel at the fastest sector speed possible.(i.e. A fleet at 390 AU/h is escorting/escorted by a fleet at 240 AU/h and the 2 fleets are travelling at 390 AU/h)

    Take note that the Prophet Flagship will also have a sector speed of 330 AU/h between Mk I through V.
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 907
    edited 28 Jun 2018, 12:50AM
    What will be the crafting materials needed?
    Are we going to use the Javelin Flagship upgrading method(no pattern), or are we getting a new type of recipe(different from the Javelin recipe)?

    Do take note that we already have Flagship Cores and Flagship Armaments...
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    Is out. NO DROPS IN ALLIANCE WAR ? Zero. Next Event. Zero. How can a player farm these and when ? Next Month? Next Year?
  • kamikaze_xyz
    kamikaze_xyz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 570
    @CM_Lee

    I have question.

    1.Prophet's firing arc same as battleship? (and no range bonus?)

    2.Prophet have new wormhole drive if we get it?

    3.New wormhole drive is only sector jump? can't insector jump? 



    I know... we will know about these if we get this... lol
    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,816
    @CM_Lee

    I have question.

    1.Prophet's firing arc same as battleship? (and no range bonus?)

    2.Prophet have new wormhole drive if we get it?

    3.New wormhole drive is only sector jump? can't insector jump? 



    I know... we will know about these if we get this... lol
    1. Prophet firing arc is that of a Battleship's, but no 125% range boost. 
    2. We get the Type 1 Drive as soon as we get the Prophet. 
    3. The Type 1 allows for local jumping, but it takes 10 seconds to charge and 2.5 minutes to recharge. For cross sector jumps, it takes 20 seconds to charge, 5 minutes to recharge. The Drive can carry four fleet, but only if they're over L70. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Pet the neko, you know you want to.
  • kamikaze_xyz
    kamikaze_xyz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 570
    @SEAL Corps1

    thank you so much for your quickly replying!!

    Thank you for the additional explanation for the wormhole drive type1.
    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • kamikaze_xyz
    kamikaze_xyz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 570
    @CM_Lee

    thanks for resurgence values.

    ...Fleet resurgence bonus effective for only when 5+stacks??  or It is 6% per "Fleet Resurgence bonus"?
    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,187

    @kamikaze_xyz said:
    @CM_Lee

    thanks for resurgence values.

    ...Fleet resurgence bonus effective for only when 5+stacks??  or It is 6% per "Fleet Resurgence bonus"?

    It only works if u hv 5 ships possessing it in the fleet.

    Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

    VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

    Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 907
    Willyster said:
    What will be the crafting materials needed?
    Are we going to use the Javelin Flagship upgrading method(no pattern), or are we getting a new type of recipe(different from the Javelin recipe)?

    Do take note that we already have Flagship Cores and Flagship Armaments...
    Will someone provide a little more info on this? Thanks.
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 907
    edited 28 Jun 2018, 11:33AM
    DaFknLecn said:
    Is out. NO DROPS IN ALLIANCE WAR ? Zero. Next Event. Zero. How can a player farm these and when ? Next Month? Next Year?
    Every hull is released without the possibility to craft it to a higher level when it is newly released. Coin offers for upgrading the latest hull(s) will come in before the actual boxes will start to appear in drops or Event Stores.

    So, if you're looking to upgrade the Blackguard Cruiser WITHOUT buying the coin offer, I suggest you wait until it appears either in the Black Market or when it appears on the Event Store.

    Not to mention, a New Marauder discussion thread was created for a reason...
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    Willyster said:
    DaFknLecn said:
    Is out. NO DROPS IN ALLIANCE WAR ? Zero. Next Event. Zero. How can a player farm these and when ? Next Month? Next Year?
    Every hull is released without the possibility to craft it to a higher level when it is newly released. Coin offers for upgrading the latest hull(s) will come in before the actual boxes will start to appear in drops or Event Stores.

    So, if you're looking to upgrade the Blackguard Cruiser WITHOUT buying the coin offer, I suggest you wait until it appears either in the Black Market or when it appears on the Event Store.

    Not to mention, a New Marauder discussion thread was created for a reason...
    This is about the switching out of items in Alliance war and the inaccessibility. We want a clear path to farm these in a timely manner. Black Market items were sometimes absent period like tyrant and marauder pegasus or restricted to MK3 so your argument holds no merit. NOBODY ASKED FOR RANDOM DROPS. Keep the Axis Alterian Model.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,139
    edited 29 Jun 2018, 12:57AM
    this was one mods reasoning
     
    Junren-JS said:
     
    Additionally, I would surmise, based on that, that they would want to slow the marking up of the Black Guard precisely for this reason-- This is the first time Resurgence has come into play, and without a doubt people are going to coin and have them flying around the PvP arena tomorrow.  Halting the advance of their markups will allow Kixeye to see how effective those hulls are, and react to what they have in store for them appropriately-- especially if no one actually has them marked up to mk 5 by the end of the event.  Especially if some innovative player realizes a particular use for the hull that no one on the test team foresaw. 

     

    How come they  arent in this event? 

    Mods kept saying we couldn't farm BG crafting because the above , but we knew coin deal was coming because $$$. [ and like i said it came]  Mean while the real reason was to slow non coining/spending players from getting them, which is fine just be up front about it..

    When can we see the crafting boxes?


    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,511
    this was one mods reasoning
     
    Junren-JS said:
     
    Additionally, I would surmise, based on that, that they would want to slow the marking up of the Black Guard precisely for this reason-- This is the first time Resurgence has come into play, and without a doubt people are going to coin and have them flying around the PvP arena tomorrow.  Halting the advance of their markups will allow Kixeye to see how effective those hulls are, and react to what they have in store for them appropriately-- especially if no one actually has them marked up to mk 5 by the end of the event.  Especially if some innovative player realizes a particular use for the hull that no one on the test team foresaw. 

     

    How come they  arent in this event? 

    Mods kept saying we couldn't farm BG crafting because the above , but we knew coin deal was coming because $$$. [ and like i said it came]  Mean while the real reason was to slow non coining/spending players from getting them, which is fine just be up front about it..

    When can we see the crafting boxes?


    July.
  • BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 520
    May be a stupid question but does the new jumpship only work with marauder fleets or can it work with any ship?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,511
    May be a stupid question but does the new jumpship only work with marauder fleets or can it work with any ship?
    Any fleet that is level 70 or above.

    Willyster said:
    Willyster said:
    What will be the crafting materials needed?
    Are we going to use the Javelin Flagship upgrading method(no pattern), or are we getting a new type of recipe(different from the Javelin recipe)?

    Do take note that we already have Flagship Cores and Flagship Armaments...
    Will someone provide a little more info on this? Thanks.
    It has its own crafting materials, upgrade costs are equal to that of a carrier.
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 301
    July ...
    Kixeye Reasoning: Don´t fear free-to-play players (Yeah, remember, vegaconflict tag is FreeToPlay), we will launch the boxes of the new Marauder Cruiser when all those who want to buy, have their fleet purchased.
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,199

    Don't know if this has been answered, the resurgence special, states restores after pvp battle but will it work against marauder pillagers which is pve?

  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,139

    Don't know if this has been answered, the resurgence special, states restores after pvp battle but will it work against marauder pillagers which is pve?

    nope tested, they want to encourage PVP which is more  guaranteed damage, but i see a easy fix to restore health to  these ships, that again  im  amazed they didnt catch in testing. Well no im not amazed becuase they wont change how the test things or let new people in since the current people keep missing things
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,139
    edited 29 Jun 2018, 7:14PM
    July ...
    Kixeye Reasoning: Don´t fear free-to-play players (Yeah, remember, vegaconflict tag is FreeToPlay), we will launch the boxes of the new Marauder Cruiser when all those who want to buy, have their fleet purchased.
    again this is the correct answer, not what i want to hear, but what is the truth
    what i want to hear and everyone else?

    "we heard the player base loud and clear and BG crafting will be added to this current event and the nex, they wil also trickle down in targets and not up in difficulty" Per our state of the game address we gave a while back

    thats what i want to hear cyrus,

    im guessing July is void  cutters? so non coiners wont have upgraded BGs to fight them..
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,199

    Oh well, my blackguards won't have the special then, i will just use them against pillagers, I don't pvp, leave that to the coiners, no rewards for it, just damage and the option to let it repair or coin the repair.

  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 160
    I dont see kixeye addressing any of these issues in any threads.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,139
    DaFknLecn said:
    I dont see kixeye addressing any of these issues in any threads.
    That is normal around here,

    -I.E go look at the few threads @CM_Lee comments in, he does a very good job at not answering questions and only replying to very select statements, sometimes a rare question.
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.