Crafting Events: Share your Lottery-Looting results

FreeMann2018
FreeMann2018
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 182
edited 26 Jun 2018, 6:44PM
Because kixeye refuses to "disclose" the actual percentages of box rewards, I expose mine.

Also, I urge whoever wants to put their results as well.

HUMMMMMmm .. Let me count .. 70 open boxes .. 6 patterns of punisher, for me this is not "lottery", is a "scam to the player"

With these results ... how does Kixeye expect that players can "advance" in their game and have fun with the rain of new content?
"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,680
    When I do these, I buy all the boxes (for each ship) and open them in bulk. Sometimes, I get 1 or 2 M4/5 patterns.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 429
    edited 26 Jun 2018, 6:52PM
    ive made polls for this and have a few of when core boxes were introduced,  they will be closed by mods/cms be forewarned

i ask you to go comment in the blackguard crafting thread i have going as the mods seem to think this run of random loot drops is a different mechanic and needs testing, but they refuse to acknowledge no one ever wanted or liked them to begin with, and that this is not an new mechanic that needs testing merely a roadblock for non paying players to get  BG material. The below image shows more than anything weighted drops which is kixeyes standard % drop with these type boxes, you rarely get that which you want.

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Antimatter and Mineral resources in "material ship boxs"??? come on kixeye .. that is nothing more than a "cheap" excuse to cut even more the loot of the rest of "useful" materials.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,295
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 6:43AM
    Antimatter and Mineral resources in "material ship boxs"??? come on kixeye .. that is nothing more than a "cheap" excuse to cut even more the loot of the rest of "useful" materials.
    ... or they could just give nothing at all. The resources are more like a consolation prize.

Re: the OP, if AXIS is anything to compare against, then

Mk 2 pattern = 1/5 chance
    Mk 3 pattern = 1/10 chance
    Mk 4 pattern = 1/15 chance
    Mk 5 pattern = 1/20 chance
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

or they can not dilute the drop pool, or they can remove a feature no one has liked since it got here...  , or they can make it  true equal chance loot pool..
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 930
    Xeno and axis upgrades need to be more common than just once a month for a single ship. Alien strike and crafting event targets have to drop them too.
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 588
    Sequestor said:
    Xeno and axis upgrades need to be more common than just once a month for a single ship. Alien strike and crafting event targets have to drop them too.
    Alliance War targets(namely the Marauder Pillager) drops those boxes.
             Admiral of the Elite Altairian Devastator Fleet.
                        Elite Altairian Devastator (150)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Jonathan Hagen
    Jonathan Hagen
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 323

Statistics for how often each item drops for assorted t4 (non-supply run) crafting fleets. Listed by number of times each item dropped (1 = 1 drop of armaments, regardless of amount).

Drop rates for t4 boxes. Started doing this alot more recently, so there isn't as much data. But as is shown, T3 cores are by far the most common, and even t2 is more common than t4. It could be assumed that higher-tier core boxes have even lower drop rates for their tier cores. 

Out of the 4 parts for upgrades, cores of the correct tier are by far the hardest to obtain, including the ability to craft up from lower cores, and we need 4 of them (for t4 upgrades) per upgrade. Core crates should have at least a 50% chance of dropping a core of their respective tier core. (Even with this, we'd still have a gamble on the type of core, so I think it is quite reasonable to request this, especially given the drop rate of the crates themselves in addition).
  • ambarka
    ambarka
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 2
    Kixeye just has a problem with the random number generator. The distribution of their function is not normal. It's obvious who understands a little something in this life and games. For clarity, you can take a regular hexagonal cube and leave it 20 times. Divergence of results in life and in the game will surprise you greatly. Other developers recognize the problems and fix them. And here, nobody cares.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 312
    here are some stats that I dug up on the VSEC & VEGA supply run fleets from way way back in 2016

YES< I hit a total of 415 APOC fleets and I got ZERO MK5 boxes

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Just another "Crafting Event" go out, this time for Annihilator Battleships ... and the same "Scam Box-Loot" result

Let me count, 70 boxs open, and only 5 mk3 and 3 mk2 patterns get .. the event "Crafting .." must be renamed to "Lottery Crafting Event"
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Skilled Warrior

@ambarka said:
    Kixeye just has a problem with the random number generator. The distribution of their function is not normal. It's obvious who understands a little something in this life and games. For clarity, you can take a regular hexagonal cube and leave it 20 times. Divergence of results in life and in the game will surprise you greatly. Other developers recognize the problems and fix them. And here, nobody cares.

I 've been saying they are weighted drops since they got here no one seemed to care , and they are still here , most notable in last AS.

What's worse is kixeye still think it's what players want. Which just screams they don't know anything or are just lying for a reason to keep them. Probably both..
    @cm_lee

• Willyster
    Willyster
    Skilled Warrior
    Just another "Crafting Event" go out, this time for Annihilator Battleships ... and the same "Scam Box-Loot" result

Let me count, 70 boxs open, and only 5 mk3 and 3 mk2 patterns get .. the event "Crafting .." must be renamed to "Lottery Crafting Event"
    2 mk4 patterns for 20 mk4 anni boxes here...

• Willyster
    Willyster
    Skilled Warrior
    Funny how the AXIS Boxes (when you've claimed em all) only provides just enough materials for ONE credit per upgrade.