8.26 Discussion Thread

12346»
  • devilsreject971
    devilsreject971
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,034
    KINGDUDE said:
    think the devilsreject971 said:
    the main problem i see if  an 80 or 90 can hit an 100 then the 100 should be able to hit back so the cap would have to be both ways up and down  
    It's one way or the other... 

Truth is, there will always be players who had more help, got better decision making, etc so you will not always be the best player at your level. Players today get the help that guys didnt get before. No more wasting time on building Hammerheads or SWs.....get a couple Battle Barges...get some pts from the FM...build the Punisher.... skip ahead...

Bottom line: you simply have to pick a cap and call it a day. I like the first choice I listed. I think if you achieve level 100, you dont need to be able to hit below level 90 max. 
  • lam56
    lam56
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 186
    edited 2 Jul 2018, 4:46AM
    P.S. I am taking back my thank you for the defense points part of bounty, repairs too high to defend for 200 stinking points. Some players used those points to at least get a prize at the end of bounty, but with everyone always in a bubble no  one is available to give defensive point hits.
  • BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 851
    As a "PVP curious" player I was greatly dissatisfied with Bounty 11. I did Bounty 10 because they brought back the 800 bounty drop and added secure on demand which meant I could easily receive and secure all of the free bounty drips. Score. Also in Bounty 10 they removed the guards from the replica bases so I could actually find a few that I could hit with my out of date Conqueror tech so double score. 

This bounty they added the bonus bounty to encourage hitting player bases which I thought was a good idea but since the guard fleets came back to replica bases which require you to kill the guard to defeat the base while player bases only require you to kill the outpost and not the guard fleet the result was my base was perma-cratered the entire time of bounty. Every time I would log in I would have a dead base with guards left in it. Half the time I had to wait for my dock to repair so that I could just do FM or TLCs. Not a pleasant experience...
    BlackPoops98
    <-- Firing massive chunks of black poo since '98 -->

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 562
    As a "PVP curious" player I was greatly dissatisfied with Bounty 11. I did Bounty 10 because they brought back the 800 bounty drop and added secure on demand which meant I could easily receive and secure all of the free bounty drips. Score. Also in Bounty 10 they removed the guards from the replica bases so I could actually find a few that I could hit with my out of date Conqueror tech so double score. 

This bounty they added the bonus bounty to encourage hitting player bases which I thought was a good idea but since the guard fleets came back to replica bases which require you to kill the guard to defeat the base while player bases only require you to kill the outpost and not the guard fleet the result was my base was perma-cratered the entire time of bounty. Every time I would log in I would have a dead base with guards left in it. Half the time I had to wait for my dock to repair so that I could just do FM or TLCs. Not a pleasant experience...
    So.......you want to be able to collect bounty at will, secure it whenever and hit bases without guard fleets?
    Now recruiting lackeys - inquire with my club president
  • BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain

So.......you want to be able to collect bounty at will, secure it whenever and hit bases without guard fleets?
    That is a misinterpretation of what I wrote. As a player who is perfectly happy to only collect 10k-20k bounty to get enough small stuff to start upping my PvP game and also a player whose tech for base defense is woefully inadequate,  I want to be able to

• Collect and secure all of the free bounty drops (that gets me to about 10k bounty which is enough for a player in my situation)
    • Be able to find enough replica bases to hit with tier 5/6 tech to bump up my bounty score a little bit more
    • Not spend the bounty in a perma bubble unable to use my dock half of the time I login.
    I don't mind taking a few hits but the rules for this bounty turned the tide from zero hit to ludicrous. Anytime my bubble popped I was immediately hit. Granted, not having any tier 7 turrets made me a farm but still this was ridiculous. Hitting player bases should be as costly to an attacker as hitting replica bases and reward about the same. I don't really consider it a replica of a player base when the rules require you to kill the guard fleet while the rules of hitting an actual player base do not require you to kill the guard fleet. The risk vs reward factor made player bases far too lucrative this bounty. 
    BlackPoops98

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519

That is a misinterpretation of what I wrote. As a player who is perfectly happy to only collect 10k-20k bounty to get enough small stuff to start upping my PvP game and also a player whose tech for base defense is woefully inadequate,  I want to be able to

• Collect and secure all of the free bounty drops (that gets me to about 10k bounty which is enough for a player in my situation)
    • Be able to find enough replica bases to hit with tier 5/6 tech to bump up my bounty score a little bit more
    • Not spend the bounty in a perma bubble unable to use my dock half of the time I login.
    I don't mind taking a few hits but the rules for this bounty turned the tide from zero hit to ludicrous. Anytime my bubble popped I was immediately hit. Granted, not having any tier 7 turrets made me a farm but still this was ridiculous. Hitting player bases should be as costly to an attacker as hitting replica bases and reward about the same. I don't really consider it a replica of a player base when the rules require you to kill the guard fleet while the rules of hitting an actual player base do not require you to kill the guard fleet. The risk vs reward factor made player bases far too lucrative this bounty. 
    Just to say it, having no t7 turrets is not a disadvantage as you do not need them to stop current fleets. 

I do think if they keep this system the same, they need to make the dock instant repair while in bounty to prevent people from not being able to have repairs going to do the currently ran tlc's.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain
    TheHolsh said:

I do think if they keep this system the same, they need to make the dock instant repair while in bounty to prevent people from not being able to have repairs going to do the currently ran tlc's.
    I could get behind that. My real gripe with being perma-bubbled was not being able to use / repair my PvE fleets for half of the bubble time. If Kixeye was able to put in a second repair queue for bounty it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to put in instant dock repair only during bounty. 
    BlackPoops98

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Skilled Warrior

How is it a misinterpretation? You stated it again - you want free bounty from drops, virtually free bounty from hitting easy bases - without having to be a target for other bounty hunters.  It really sounds like you want the rewards and none of the risk. If that isn't the case, then state how what you're asking for is different.  This is a base hitting event in a game that was built on and promotes base hitting.  You, admittedly, have given very little effort to this part of the game - and yet feel qualified to critique it, to say what should and should not be.  I just don't get that.

• BlackPoops98
    BlackPoops98
    Strike-force Captain

How is it a misinterpretation? You stated it again - you want free bounty from drops, virtually free bounty from hitting easy bases - without having to be a target for other bounty hunters.  It really sounds like you want the rewards and none of the risk. If that isn't the case, then state how what you're asking for is different.  This is a base hitting event in a game that was built on and promotes base hitting.  You, admittedly, have given very little effort to this part of the game - and yet feel qualified to critique it, to say what should and should not be.  I just don't get that.

Still a misinterpretation. I have no desire for virtually free bounty from hitting easy bases.

PvP is crazy out of balance but it has been crazy out of balance with wild swings one way or the other for several years now. Players with the very latest top end tech end up bouncing between unstoppable fleets and unbeatable bases. I have no desire nor the budget to keep up with the latest tech that is obsolete months or even weeks after it is released. This is why I have neither unstoppable fleets nor an unbeatable base. 

My complaint here is not about the prevalent PvP balance issues; that is why I do not do very much PvP and why my tech is so out of date. I would like to see more variety in PvP to see some bases that I can crack so I can start to improve my tech but I certainly do not expect to go out and grind easy bases without any risk. 

I also don't mind being a target for other bounty hunters. What I want is for my base to pose the same risk and reward as the replica bases. In Bounty 10 the replica bases posed very little risk since the guard fleets were removed; that was stupid. In Bounty 11 the player bases posed very little risk because you did not have to defeat the guard fleet to win bounty as compared to the replica bases where you did. This inconsistency in risk between player and replica bases resulted in every low tech player in bounty sitting in a perma bubble for the whole event and that was stupid. I won't play another bounty like that and neither will other players at the same level of PvP capability as I am which removes all the "easy" targets for the high end PvP players so I don't think they want that either. 
    BlackPoops98

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 2 Jul 2018, 10:29PM

Still a misinterpretation. I have no desire for virtually free bounty from hitting easy bases.

PvP is crazy out of balance but it has been crazy out of balance with wild swings one way or the other for several years now. Players with the very latest top end tech end up bouncing between unstoppable fleets and unbeatable bases. I have no desire nor the budget to keep up with the latest tech that is obsolete months or even weeks after it is released. This is why I have neither unstoppable fleets nor an unbeatable base. 

My complaint here is not about the prevalent PvP balance issues; that is why I do not do very much PvP and why my tech is so out of date. I would like to see more variety in PvP to see some bases that I can crack so I can start to improve my tech but I certainly do not expect to go out and grind easy bases without any risk. 

I also don't mind being a target for other bounty hunters. What I want is for my base to pose the same risk and reward as the replica bases. In Bounty 10 the replica bases posed very little risk since the guard fleets were removed; that was stupid. In Bounty 11 the player bases posed very little risk because you did not have to defeat the guard fleet to win bounty as compared to the replica bases where you did. This inconsistency in risk between player and replica bases resulted in every low tech player in bounty sitting in a perma bubble for the whole event and that was stupid. I won't play another bounty like that and neither will other players at the same level of PvP capability as I am which removes all the "easy" targets for the high end PvP players so I don't think they want that either. 
    You keep saying I am misrepresenting you, but I am using your words .
    You 'have no desire for virtually free bounty from hitting easy bases" but you also say you want to "be able to find enough replica bases to hit with tier 5/6 tech to bump up my bounty score a little bit more."  I pray you can see the dichotomy in those two statements.  I think your biggest problem is that you can't.....

You want your base to pose a risk equal to the replica bases?  Then put some effort into base design.  It's a choice, one that may have to be made at the expense of other aspects of the game.  So?  The difference between a player base and a replica base has nothing to do with players being in a bubble the entire event.  It's a base hitting event - most of us were.  Those who play in it expect it.  The reason you don't is because you don't participate in it.  Maybe start doing so and you will find these events more entertaining.

• Josh Lewis77
    Josh Lewis77
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 193

@devilsreject971 said:
    KINGDUDE said:

think the devilsreject971 said:

the main problem i see if  an 80 or 90 can hit an 100 then the 100 should be able to hit back so the cap would have to be both ways up and down  

It's one way or the other... 

Truth is, there will always be players who had more help, got better decision making, etc so you will not always be the best player at your level. Players today get the help that guys didnt get before. No more wasting time on building Hammerheads or SWs.....get a couple Battle Barges...get some pts from the FM...build the Punisher.... skip ahead...

Bottom line: you simply have to pick a cap and call it a day. I like the first choice I listed. I think if you achieve level 100, you dont need to be able to hit below level 90 max. 

When i started i was like this. The first ship i built after the longboat was the puns because got help the by end of first few days i was lvl 20 thats what i didnt find appealing but owell

• DM_G-GW
    DM_G-GW
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1
    Anyone else loose a ton of resources (over 800 million - just disappeared and if so, what did you do about it, if anything?
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 34
    Kix a big negative atm for new players are the lack of ability to daily be able to grind for Uranium other than hitting millions of salvs for those ridiculously low amounts. At least increase the 55 and 75 to payout 50 and 100 respectively
  • lam56
    lam56
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 186
    Before opting in we should know exactly what bounty bonus Kix will assign

• therealsmurf
    therealsmurf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 64
    Well i completed the turrets of terror campaign but did not recieve all the structure tokens where if you look it says 1 day structure token x2 and it is clearly mentioned that prize packs 3 and 4 offer 1day structure tokens x2 well i only recieved 2 tokens for both prize packs
  • therealsmurf
    therealsmurf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 64
    where are my tokens
  • scott.squires.9862
    scott.squires.9862
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 14
    where are my tokens

You can only hold two one day structure tokens.  If you dont use them as you earn them in each step of that camp you lose them.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    where are my tokens

You can only hold two one day structure tokens.  If you dont use them as you earn them in each step of that camp you lose them.
    This exactly. The only times you can go over the limit is when buying special offers or you get tokens from a kix screw up make up or ticket.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Vladimir Balmaceda
    Vladimir Balmaceda
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 1

Why some of countermeasure weapons is being nerfed?.. or either it doesn't work properly?...

12346»