8.26 Discussion Thread

• alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    just a little suggestion with 8 tlcs plus daily and the forsaken mission and bounty , for sure i am skipping bounty , looks like a very expensive bounty , so skipping it  , maybe theres weeks we dont have nothing to do , so maybe its better to rotate tlcs , lets say 2 new tlcs per week , so we have something to do between the fm , raid and bounty , instead of throwing all at once , throw them in less quantity , by the way now that bounty will be expensive, has good prizes , when its easy theres always crap prizes 
    There is no rule that says you have to do everything.  They put lots of things out so that all players have a choice.  The shotgun (multiple targets, no aim, hope to get lucky) approach is not an intelligent way to play this game.  
    example for titanium i have like 1 week with crazy lag so couldnt drive and auto 65s , the fleet was getting stuck lots of fleets , lost chams 2 times on a 52 thats 35 hrs rep time , plus skys fleets also stuck dong auto 65 and driving was horroble lag , so yes we get slow down because we cant get resources , so stop making players feel like its our fault , game developer management atm , its a mess and nothing is smart thinking
    Where you actually trying to respond to me?  The only reason I ask is because nothing you said seems relevant to that....It seems the discussion was about too many things to do and now you are mumbling about problems with assault targets.  Maybe if you could stay on one path....

but that's what I was trying to say to begin with....

with bort usually are many discussions at the same time lol , now got glitch with guards already did a ticket , they are moved to another place than the one i selected for them , so now even more i think i wont start bounty , as i said i am not fighting just saying whats going on 
    I wasn't talking to Bort, I was responding to your post....and it can't be that hard to read what's in the little boxes of our specific discussion and maintain a linear line of discussion.  If not, why even.......

oh hey.....a squirrel!

er....uh........where was I? Oh yeah, I've been in your base.  Your guard fleet isn't going to have much of an effect on your ability to participate in Bounty.  It's more about hitting than being hit, especially now that you can bank every 10K........It's these excuses that hold you back in this game.

just in case i think last bounty i did over 100 k , got the impact cruiser and a lot of toys , this bounty having trouble with guards . plus targets with deffense fleets cant be killed do cant get the pts and i can continue with all the things not working in game atm , to solve the pvp issue , were was the simple option increase the balistic deflection on the mc2 armor , instead of that , accurency of the game have been modify , so for example i need to refit my manticores from phalanx 4 to sprints , because phalanx4 stopped working and so i need to refits lots of ships , just because game developer make a mess and now my counters not working , so all that is time lost in building and refitting, should i continue..... i have lots of more things , need to be fixed in order to think and participate on bounty in middle of a game mess
    DarKCloWn
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    just a little suggestion with 8 tlcs plus daily and the forsaken mission and bounty , for sure i am skipping bounty , looks like a very expensive bounty , so skipping it  , maybe theres weeks we dont have nothing to do , so maybe its better to rotate tlcs , lets say 2 new tlcs per week , so we have something to do between the fm , raid and bounty , instead of throwing all at once , throw them in less quantity , by the way now that bounty will be expensive, has good prizes , when its easy theres always crap prizes 
    There is no rule that says you have to do everything.  They put lots of things out so that all players have a choice.  The shotgun (multiple targets, no aim, hope to get lucky) approach is not an intelligent way to play this game.  
    example for titanium i have like 1 week with crazy lag so couldnt drive and auto 65s , the fleet was getting stuck lots of fleets , lost chams 2 times on a 52 thats 35 hrs rep time , plus skys fleets also stuck dong auto 65 and driving was horroble lag , so yes we get slow down because we cant get resources , so stop making players feel like its our fault , game developer management atm , its a mess and nothing is smart thinking
    Where you actually trying to respond to me?  The only reason I ask is because nothing you said seems relevant to that....It seems the discussion was about too many things to do and now you are mumbling about problems with assault targets.  Maybe if you could stay on one path....

with bort usually are many discussions at the same time lol , now got glitch with guards already did a ticket , they are moved to another place than the one i selected for them , so now even more i think i wont start bounty , as i said i am not fighting just saying whats going on 
    I wasn't talking to Bort, I was responding to your post....and it can't be that hard to read what's in the little boxes of our specific discussion and maintain a linear line of discussion.  If not, why even.......

oh hey.....a squirrel!

er....uh........where was I? Oh yeah, I've been in your base.  Your guard fleet isn't going to have much of an effect on your ability to participate in Bounty.  It's more about hitting than being hit, especially now that you can bank every 10K........It's these excuses that hold you back in this game.

just in case i think last bounty i did over 100 k , got the impact cruiser and a lot of toys , this bounty having trouble with guards . plus targets with deffense fleets cant be killed do cant get the pts and i can continue with all the things not working in game atm , to solve the pvp issue , were was the simple option increase the balistic deflection on the mc2 armor , instead of that , accurency of the game have been modify , so for example i need to refit my manticores from phalanx 4 to sprints , because phalanx4 stopped working and so i need to refits lots of ships , just because game developer make a mess and now my counters not working , so all that is time lost in building and refitting, should i continue..... i have lots of more things , need to be fixed in order to think and participate on bounty in middle of a game mess
    DarKCloWn
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,000
    edited 29 Jun 2018, 2:10AM

oh hey.....a squirrel!

- "targets with defense fleets can't be killed" - so why are they being killed?  You do understand you can enter and retreat those targets an infinite amount of times, right?  This is a strategy game. Look up the definition and apply it.
    The c/m accuracy adjustment had nothing to do with MC Plate II.  You are just manufacturing problems.
    I have Phal 4 on my manticores and they performed just fine in the last raid.  You are wrong, Phalanx 4 did not stop working.  You are just manufacturing problems.
    You refit ships because you don't understand what is needed on them to begin with.  You are the one making a mess of your fleets. You are just manufacturing problems.
    This is not the thread for expressing general problems you are having with the game.  This is a thread to discuss what is going on this week. Focus. Please.
    Bounty is just fine this season. Only five pages on the entire release should queue you in that this isn't the toss up we have sometimes seen in the past.  You are having problems.  You need to figure out how to fix them.  Constantly making up reasons  not to is never going to work.

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    well of course as always , all the game problems are the players problems , this game changes by the day so we enter game to check what has been nurfed or stop working , second yes phalanx4 didnt work and still not working , i tested in the few 105s i could hit  during vpx  (yes lots silver salty dogs , as there were not 105 in map of course my fault ,well in the 105 , inside the 105 , 2 phalanx 4 on each mantis with more rank as i had them in raid , they stopped literaly 1 missiles per 105 , lol thats your working countermeasures lol  , of course is my fault , everything in game is players fault and the programing and glitches of the game is all players imagination  , thats what you want us to say ,like brainless players lol 
    DarKCloWn
  • BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 591

oh hey.....a squirrel!

- "targets with defense fleets can't be killed" - so why are they being killed?  You do understand you can enter and retreat those targets an infinite amount of times, right?  This is a strategy game. Look up the definition and apply it.
    The c/m accuracy adjustment had nothing to do with MC Plate II.  You are just manufacturing problems.
    I have Phal 4 on my manticores and they performed just fine in the last raid.  You are wrong, Phalanx 4 did not stop working.  You are just manufacturing problems.
    You refit ships because you don't understand what is needed on them to begin with.  You are the one making a mess of your fleets. You are just manufacturing problems.
    This is not the thread for expressing general problems you are having with the game.  This is a thread to discuss what is going on this week. Focus. Please.
    Bounty is just fine this season. Only five pages on the entire release should queue you in that this isn't the toss up we have sometimes seen in the past.  You are having problems.  You need to figure out how to fix them.  Constantly making up reasons  not to is never going to work.

This is how I know you're full of ****, "Bounty is just fine this season." Bounty is a complete joke due to the MASSIVE imbalance in pvp... They say it's a swing in whats op and whats not...

That paraphrased statement alone shows kixeye is completely in the dark about how to balance this game.

There should be no overpowered side of any powercreep. Yet kixeye refuses to do what they've been told for years.... reduce the numbers and squish everything back down.

balance in pvp doesn't mean... "glitched" turret bonuses that go ignored until kix gets their money out of forced refits, just to "all of a sudden" find out that even with the forced refit the... repeated "glitch" is too strong....

Needless to say... The truth of the matter is Kixeye is doing the same thing they've done for years just under a new guise of "glitches."

The truth is, it's Bait and Switch... They have been doing it at least dating back to the hell wraith raid cycle.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    Nice.... not only are base turrets Useless..... Docks auto repair to screw over the little guys.. glad others get to farm those instead of playing the game...

but the rest of PVP and bounty is dumbed down to a raid style coinfest.

There is NO skill or strat in base hitting anymore... build new fleet... add forced new armor refit... walk base... coin repair..

I hold this remark for when it's truly acceptable...  This is complete GARBAGE.
    Just saying, with a strategical base design and good guard, you can stop almost every fleet that hits you... If people don't use strategy in my base, they will lose.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    ^lvl 75 is the highest any bracket will go. 90 is out of the question.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • GO Trump
    GO Trump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 218
    new OP weapon is crap

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,000

oh hey.....a squirrel!

This is how I know you're full of ****, "Bounty is just fine this season." Bounty is a complete joke due to the MASSIVE imbalance in pvp... They say it's a swing in whats op and whats not...

That paraphrased statement alone shows kixeye is completely in the dark about how to balance this game.

There should be no overpowered side of any powercreep. Yet kixeye refuses to do what they've been told for years.... reduce the numbers and squish everything back down.

balance in pvp doesn't mean... "glitched" turret bonuses that go ignored until kix gets their money out of forced refits, just to "all of a sudden" find out that even with the forced refit the... repeated "glitch" is too strong....

Needless to say... The truth of the matter is Kixeye is doing the same thing they've done for years just under a new guise of "glitches."

The truth is, it's Bait and Switch... They have been doing it at least dating back to the hell wraith raid cycle.
    Hey mate....why don't we agree that what this game is - and isn't - is subjective?  I don't expect you to agree with me, just like I'm not going to agree with you.  But to say I'm full of **something** is unnecessary and completely non-constructive, so please don't use my response as yet another excuse to whine or wax litigious......lol  

I'm having a blast this bounty.  Plenty of points, plenty of bases to hit, getting hit myself on a constant basis.  I'm not getting in to every base, but I don't expect to.  I'm not keeping every single attacker out, but I don't expect to - there are some good players in this game that will figure out whatever defense I try to put up. My experience in this bounty so far conforms to my definition of balance - and therefore, I a not full of whatever it is you think I am full of. Man, what a relief from the chores and such this one is.

Sorry you're having a bad time, maybe your expectations are too high?  
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 29 Jun 2018, 10:03PM
    you saw the video of rampage , after how much 1 year with the titanium chore , now they realize they were asking more than intended on first place , that was more our whs could hold , was easy fix increase the amount of titanium we could hold or reduce the amount needed , well thanks for the future fix , after more than 1 year with this , game is a joke , should not introduce nothing new to game and fix all that is not working or is bad for players , then release something new 
    DarKCloWn
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 247
    How many Blunderbuss II are we allowed to own?

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    you saw the video of rampage , after how much 1 year with the titanium chore , now they realize they were asking more than intended on first place , that was more our whs could hold , was easy fix increase the amount of titanium we could hold or reduce the amount needed , well thanks for the future fix , after more than 1 year with this , game is a joke , should not introduce nothing new to game and fix all that is not working or is bad for players , then release something new 
    that issue probably benefited you. most people know to build ships in stages, and particularly as refits are faster than a new build. it probably saved you a bunch of shipyard time - which is the real scarce resource. titanium is not.
  • Scott St
    Scott St
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 25
    Think this " Flat Rate " for players bases is dumb ! How is a guy ever to get anything if there base is always flat ? Never safe now  :/
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 30 Jun 2018, 10:27AM
    bort said:
    that issue probably benefited you. most people know to build ships in stages, and particularly as refits are faster than a new build. it probably saved you a bunch of shipyard time - which is the real scarce resource. titanium is not.
    you always miss the point bort , of course will benefit us ,at first i did some ships from 0 to complete build in conquest yard and titanium takes time to get , then of course building in normal shipyard and refit in conquest to save a lot of titanium , was or is 160 k for an empty ship  , so yes we had a hard time for a year , so what i was saying , is now , after 1 year someone realize was wrong , no one did , after many complains of us , either increase the payouts of chores which i asked several times ,increase also the titanium we can hold or decrease the titanium needed , so after 1 year screwing us with this boring chore , its was all wrong and we should have been using half of what we were using , hope, now you get the point , a lot of things not working , so why bring new stuff to game if old stuff is a mess and nothing is working properly ??? now bort you getting the point or need to explain more detailed and s l o w l y . so you can get it , well OFF Forums lol , they wont listen so let the game close then
    DarKCloWn
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,686
    edited 30 Jun 2018, 2:40PM
    Scott St said:
    Think this " Flat Rate " for players bases is dumb ! How is a guy ever to get anything if there base is always flat ? Never safe now  :/
    It is how they game the target,
    • Put OP on the outside
    • Kill a friendly base, 
    • friend drops bubble so base is now most part dead
    • now hit friend base again just kill OP, base is still over 50% and 75% damage
    • RETREAT
    • points awarded
    • hit base again as did not reach bubble point. One glutt will do it.
    • keep repeating at 600 points a time.  Base will never bubble!
    • reach top of leader board
    • wait for event to end
    • buy all toys..
    And kix will look at this as a success??

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,569
    Lt_Caine said:
    How many Blunderbuss II are we allowed to own?

You can have 4 and build 4 but the T7 ballistic cap will remain at 8 even if you own and build 10 T7 ballistic turrets.

Lightshot screenshot
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 444
    just started bounty, and only got 3 secure points, not 5, so bugged!
  • Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 241
    steshot said:
    secure points is based on when you start

• roberto.manto
    roberto.manto
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 34
    “Some people reflect light, some deflect it, you by some miracle, seem to collect it.” 
    ― Mark Z. DanielewskiHouse of Leaves
    ---
    Update Notes (<---- Click Link)
    Discuss Below
    Gold offer only for the rich. They got it backwards.
    Those with fat wallets get double gold as bonus of 100%, while those able to purchase minimum gold offer get only 10%. 
    So the ppl who buy top gold package able to repair fleet and base 10 times faster then their poor neighbor.
    I wont buy either it is the principle of unfair advantage that get my back up.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    edited 30 Jun 2018, 9:53PM
    bort said:
    you always miss the point bort , of course will benefit us ,at first i did some ships from 0 to complete build in conquest yard and titanium takes time to get , then of course building in normal shipyard and refit in conquest to save a lot of titanium , was or is 160 k for an empty ship  , so yes we had a hard time for a year , so what i was saying , is now , after 1 year someone realize was wrong , no one did , after many complains of us , either increase the payouts of chores which i asked several times ,increase also the titanium we can hold or decrease the titanium needed , so after 1 year screwing us with this boring chore , its was all wrong and we should have been using half of what we were using , hope, now you get the point , a lot of things not working , so why bring new stuff to game if old stuff is a mess and nothing is working properly ??? now bort you getting the point or need to explain more detailed and s l o w l y . so you can get it , well OFF Forums lol , they wont listen so let the game close then
    no. you miss the point.

your shipyard time is far more important than titanium collection time. its a cakewalk to just auto 85s with skyfires and then repair a little. shipyard time, however, you can't get more of.

wasted shipyard time is what differentiates the good players from the poor players.

and what you'll then find is the poor players then don't pay attention to the solutions offered by other players.

i wonder which category you fall into?
  • white-shark1979
    white-shark1979
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 325
    Why locator shows most of bounty bases in sector where my base is? Stupid locator
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 444
    steshot said:
    secure points is based on when you start

it says specifically in the notes, that your start point is the original start point, not the day its on
  • LtlDisgruntledNoob
    LtlDisgruntledNoob
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 27
    Great glitch Kix ... Just had a capt run my points up 1k entering and retreating my base....then wiped it for 700 points .... hmmmm ... 

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,069
    I have liked this week, not doing bounty, but the TLC's have been a good distraction.....

Do more of this Kix
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Great glitch Kix ... Just had a capt run my points up 1k entering and retreating my base....then wiped it for 700 points .... hmmmm ... 

Not a glitch, it is called gaming the system. You can do this to others easily also.

• devilsreject971
    devilsreject971
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,093
    Bouli said:
    TheHolsh said:
    Nice.... not only are base turrets Useless..... Docks auto repair to screw over the little guys.. glad others get to farm those instead of playing the game...

There is NO skill or strat in base hitting anymore... build new fleet... add forced new armor refit... walk base... coin repair..

Just saying, with a strategical base design and good guard, you can stop almost every fleet that hits you... If people don't use strategy in my base, they will lose.
    1 thing you are forgetting here:
    The little bases (between lvl 50 and 80 or so) can never withstand a MSC fleet steaming through your base. Those people probably have at most tier6 turrets and maybe a tier6 base guard.
    MSC will look at that fleet and wet their pants from laughing and flat the base in a few seconds.

So the little bases getting farmed over and over again if they also participate in the bounty just to hope they can unlock the MSC or any other ship. But in order to do get the points they have to constantly repair the dock because they are being docked 100% by the bigger players with full MSC fleets.
    Result for the smaller players: COIN TO PLAY during bounty or else be docked 100% of the time!

The whole PvP system is totally crap at the moment.
    They should implement a better and more fair PvP system.

2 viable options to do so:
    Either higher the brackets. Not at lvl 50+ free for all, but at lvl 90+ free for all.
    Those bases have in the rule better defenses against those MSC fleets then anything between lvl 50-90.
    The lvl 50 range dates back from the prehistoric era where lvl 70 was like highest level possible and not the lvl 130 people have now. So the level range should be increased due to the higher total level people have now.
    And also seeing that you are now like lvl 50 within a few minutes after starting the game if you just decide to upgrade walls your level flies skyhigh within minutes as long as you have the resources going. So the lvl 50+ bracket is not good here seeing how easy you level nowadays.

Or other option is:
    Limit the attacking fleet to using the same (or lower) tier ships as the defenders tier turret/ships.
    That way if the defender only has tier5 turrets + ships limit the attacker to using only tier 5 ships.

That way you can see if the attacker is skilled or not and it makes the pvp alot more fair then it currently is.

TheHolsh said:
    Very simple solution here.... simply create a tiered level cap that impacts each player individually. If you are over level 100, you can't hit below level 100. If you are over level 90, you can't hit below level 80, etc...

Or you can just make a blanket bracket for any base over level 50....you can only hit down a max of 20 levels. So if you're level 70, you can hit a 50, if you're a 90, you an hit a 70....so on...

• Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 279
    TheHolsh said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    now i get it. you find that 'free' is 'expensive'. lol
    look whos here , mr 150 ships tokens a month lol 
    do the tlcs and you'll get tokens.

do the fm and you'll get tokens.

game is not literally not that hard anymore.
    lol did you tried the new satelites lol and other new stuff , its just pure damage targets, on the other side i am doing 1 tlc , boring but doing it slowly lol , no bounty , guards that the target explotes before you can kill the guards for pts lol , crazy as always , without guards i would have played bounty , now its a mess and with guards that cant be killed , its really boring bounty 
    i have tried all the important stuff that allows me to progress further in the game.

i'm actually still tossing up what to build next, as there is so much spare build time available now
    well you are one every 500 players that can say that , others we have plenty of hull for easy 6 month and dont mention if new needed hulls come out , proto tide and proto cent that i dont have , but with both theres easy around 5 month build time , plus players still with dragons and manticores lol , i wish you play the game sometime or maybe relocate to other sectors lol , a lot of dead sectors not even alliances, hole sectors dead lol , well hope someone in kix check the game and what players wants and needs , looks like the robot is not doing the correct job lol 
    perhaps do the fm. then it wont take you 5 months to build two fleets. lol.
    Don't forget all the recent tlc's and now also some raids where extra tokens are thrown in.
    Maybe the 2 making this into a question about doing FM and TLC's need to understand that not all are able to do much of fm and also indeed less  of the TLC's

I know lots of players lower than lvl105 that still have problems doing some real collecting of FM points, maybe they just gave up and focused on wrong build's. I have no problem seeing that as beeing a problem with all new hull's getting release into the game now.Anyway its a fact the same players has less fleets to do TLC's.

So to get to all the extra tokens they have a long way to go still. And some of the TLC's are realy not easy or manageble if you have right type of fleet just not the Right one. (UAV instead of missils just to make that clear)

Spider out !  LvL. 124
  • RETIRED PIRATE
    RETIRED PIRATE
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 49
    think the devilsreject971 said:
    Bouli said:
    TheHolsh said:

1 thing you are forgetting here:
    The little bases (between lvl 50 and 80 or so) can never withstand a MSC fleet steaming through your base. Those people probably have at most tier6 turrets and maybe a tier6 base guard.
    MSC will look at that fleet and wet their pants from laughing and flat the base in a few seconds.

So the little bases getting farmed over and over again if they also participate in the bounty just to hope they can unlock the MSC or any other ship. But in order to do get the points they have to constantly repair the dock because they are being docked 100% by the bigger players with full MSC fleets.
    Result for the smaller players: COIN TO PLAY during bounty or else be docked 100% of the time!

The whole PvP system is totally crap at the moment.
    They should implement a better and more fair PvP system.

2 viable options to do so:
    Either higher the brackets. Not at lvl 50+ free for all, but at lvl 90+ free for all.
    Those bases have in the rule better defenses against those MSC fleets then anything between lvl 50-90.
    The lvl 50 range dates back from the prehistoric era where lvl 70 was like highest level possible and not the lvl 130 people have now. So the level range should be increased due to the higher total level people have now.
    And also seeing that you are now like lvl 50 within a few minutes after starting the game if you just decide to upgrade walls your level flies skyhigh within minutes as long as you have the resources going. So the lvl 50+ bracket is not good here seeing how easy you level nowadays.

Or other option is:
    Limit the attacking fleet to using the same (or lower) tier ships as the defenders tier turret/ships.
    That way if the defender only has tier5 turrets + ships limit the attacker to using only tier 5 ships.

That way you can see if the attacker is skilled or not and it makes the pvp alot more fair then it currently is.

TheHolsh said:
    Very simple solution here.... simply create a tiered level cap that impacts each player individually. If you are over level 100, you can't hit below level 100. If you are over level 90, you can't hit below level 80, etc...

Or you can just make a blanket bracket for any base over level 50....you can only hit down a max of 20 levels. So if you're level 70, you can hit a 50, if you're a 90, you an hit a 70....so on...

the main problem i see if  an 80 or 90 can hit an 100 then the 100 should be able to hit back so the cap would have to be both ways up and down