8.26 Discussion Thread

• arrgg Matey
    arrgg Matey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 11
    CM Major_Rampage will the total number be going up for the tactical focus we can hold in our base going up or is staying at 5?
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 168
    Can you add a timer to the daily campaign(s) so that we can see when they become available again?
  • John Mair Snr
    John Mair Snr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 325
    Why are there no Wardens in the prize list I thought that they would be a certainty
    to be included. I for one am very disappointed 
    Ahoy me Mateys!!!
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 7:20AM
    I have $40 on the books I been playing since Auig 2011 and never in those years have I seen PvP so broken in a couple of days. All year I been saying 2018 is the worst year of Battle Pirates ever. Ill try BOUNTYY thinking this will be fixed if not that is the last money I spent, feeding, putting a roof over the heads and paying for luxurys too kixeye employees. I spend $350 > $750 a month on this broken game. Kixeye said you listen to players. YOU SCREWED UP MY GAME. LISTEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that is 4800 dollars a year averaging it out, 10 players same situation is 48,000 a year, 100 players agree its 480,000 a year, SEE WHAT THE BEAN COUNTERS THINK
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    I have $40 on the books I been playing since Auig 2011 and never in those years have I seen PvP so broken in a couple of days. All year I been saying 2018 is the worst year of Battle Pirates ever. Ill try BOUNTYY thinking this will be fixed if not that is the last money I spent, feeding, putting a roof over the heads and paying for luxurys too kixeye emplyees. I spend $350 > $750 a month on this broken game. Kixeye said you listen to players. YOU SCREWED UP MY GAME. LISTEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUT you have a lot more people saying the exact opposite.  

People have tried to point out the flaws in your base, but you ignored them.   PvP is not as broken as you claim it is.   Bases are defendable when done right.   Since the update I am 11-1 in base defense.   I have driven 2 boats in my guard once.  

Yes they are defendable,  yes they are crackable with the right fleet.   OR MSCs can walk you if your base and guard is not set up right..   THAT is how the game is supposed to work.

• john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 5:03AM
    Im not gonna argue the game went to chit defense fleets not firing until both gates die, game is pure crap 1st time ever 2018 is worst year of battle pirates ever you pay for it not me  On a personal; note I have 5 bases in planner how you know what im running TROLL?  PvP is not broken     
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

Uh will FM be up during Bounty? Im not gonna do bounty cuz LUL BASE GUARDS IN REPLICAS.

• Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 252
    not liking this format since whales will thanks to kix nerf will run over bases every 4 hrs and deny progress to everyone else unless you want chump change prizes since you will get nothing else unless u coin dock
  • CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 354
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 7:45AM

LION’S MANE CAMPAIGN

• Run Time:  6/26 at Noon PDT to 7/3 at Noon PDT

• Requirement:  Must be level 50 or Higher

• Suggested Fleet:  Legendary Ranked Skyfire / Phoenix

• Earn Manticore, Roaring Barrel Systems, Panthera Scattergun, Savage CIC

• Prizes

• Prize Pack 1

• Manticore, 1 x 1,900 VXP Manticore Token

• Prize Pack 2

• Roaring Barrel System, 2 x 9,500 VXP Manticore Token,  1 x 1 Day Manticore Build Token

• Prize Pack 3

• Savage CIC, Panthera Scattergun, 3 x 9,500 VXP Manticore Token, 2 x 1 Day Manticore Build Tokens

-----------------------------

Ok, so I took a look into this Lion's Mane TLC with my Skyfire fleet, as listed in the briefing...  Nope... Not a Skyfire-capable TLC... The ECM turrets catch 99% of the UAVs...  Another thing...  60 minutes for Prize Pack 1???  Get real, the players that need this TLC most, are not the ones who can finish it in an hour... Keep telling yourselves that you are thinking of the players, you are the only ones believing it...

Please fix and post an update to the briefing so I can find it without having to read through dozens of pages to find nothing...

Edit to add:
    In PP1, battle 1... One missile hit and one radio pool or two, 13 minutes repair...  Before even getting within UAV range...  Icing on the cake.  How sweet is the manure you keep dishing out... Does this TLC require the Manticore to get the Manticore? Does anyone at kix do any thinking?
  • kristommy
    kristommy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 152

LION’S MANE CAMPAIGN

• Run Time:  6/26 at Noon PDT to 7/3 at Noon PDT

• Requirement:  Must be level 50 or Higher

• Suggested Fleet:  Legendary Ranked Skyfire / Phoenix

• Earn Manticore, Roaring Barrel Systems, Panthera Scattergun, Savage CIC

• Prizes

• Prize Pack 1

• Manticore, 1 x 1,900 VXP Manticore Token

• Prize Pack 2

• Roaring Barrel System, 2 x 9,500 VXP Manticore Token,  1 x 1 Day Manticore Build Token

• Prize Pack 3

• Savage CIC, Panthera Scattergun, 3 x 9,500 VXP Manticore Token, 2 x 1 Day Manticore Build Tokens

-----------------------------

Ok, so I took a look into this Lion's Mane TLC with my Skyfire fleet, as listed in the briefing...  Nope... Not a Skyfire-capable TLC... The ECM turrets catch 99% of the UAVs...  Another thing...  60 minutes for Prize Pack 1???  Get real, the players that need this TLC most, are not the ones who can finish it in an hour... Keep telling yourselves that you are thinking of the players, you are the only ones believing it...

Please fix and post an update to the briefing so I can find it without having to read through dozens of pages to find nothing...

Edit to add:
    In PP1, battle 1... One missile hit and one radio pool or two, 13 minutes repair...  Before even getting within UAV range...  Icing on the cake.  How sweet is the manure you keep dishing out... Does this TLC require the Manticore to get the Manticore? Does anyone at kix do any thinking?
    Firstly watch some videos on tactics on how to best use skys in this tlc. 

Secondly I NEEDED this tlc. i also finished it all the way through in the time limits, easily. i won phoenix in the may raid and built them. They did this tlc very very easy
    Home sector - 251
    Current sector - Could well be anywhere

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 760
    Bounty Question: some comments have indicated bubbles during Bounty will be max 4hrs but I see nothing in the briefing or game notes to suggest this "normal PVP rules apply".  

can someone confirm if it's normal rules including bubble duration or is it a reduced bubble time during Bounty?
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Minor Nuisance
    You need to change the way attacking fleets can sail 'over/past' a ship defending in the channel or base. If a ship blocks you you should first have to clear that obstacle to clear the way.

That way you will quickly see how out of whack pvp really is, you'll have msc's banging away at each other forever, bases would truly be uncrackable.

That is why there should really be only a defender class allowed to defend, which should always be inferior to an attacking class. It should aid the base in its defensive capabilities.

Only I do not see kix getting the balance right doing that, but it is a possible golden solution.
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 760
    used to work with the paper, scissors, rock of the different weapons/hulls without the need for different "classes" and such restrictions.

They should not make ships that are impervious to all damage types. Some damage types should have other limitations, such as it used to be with mortars travelling slowly and therefore possible to avoid with a fast enough ship, rockets having short range and missiles being relatively low DPS, Torps were solely the realm of Subs or sub hunters.. and so on.

One ship that can wax anything and everything except other ships of the same type, is just wrong. like when they amended the fusion cruiser so that it could target subs and ruined the hunt-hunted-hunt aspects of PVP because you just had to buy the right fleet...

But I'm sure it's all been very carefully thought out in order to maximise .... player satisfaction.
  • Jon Michael
    Jon Michael
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    Don't waste your time doing the bounty until they fix and actually test the balance to make sure it works.Right now they lowered the damage to the turrets but not the armors so your turrets don't do enough damage to scratch any fleet built right.Kix has made 90% of the players farms.
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 214
    The team has a released a fix for the problem with the FM.  They are currently working to correct a problem with players being able to access Turrets of Terror.

Could you maybe fix the problem with the 10 Day Epic Cat Tokens? Keep getting the S.O.S. message when trying to use them,
    I am having the same issue and have to reload the game every time I try to use one of them.  Its a great prize, but need to be able to use them.
  • Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    You need to change the way attacking fleets can sail 'over/past' a ship defending in the channel or base. If a ship blocks you you should first have to clear that obstacle to clear the way.

That way you will quickly see how out of whack pvp really is, you'll have msc's banging away at each other forever, bases would truly be uncrackable.

That is why there should really be only a defender class allowed to defend, which should always be inferior to an attacking class. It should aid the base in its defensive capabilities.

Only I do not see kix getting the balance right doing that, but it is a possible golden solution.
    so limit defenders to weak turrets and weak flts? you dont want a challenge just an easy win
  • Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    Don't waste your time doing the bounty until they fix and actually test the balance to make sure it works.Right now they lowered the damage to the turrets but not the armors so your turrets don't do enough damage to scratch any fleet built right.Kix has made 90% of the players farms.
    with the base nerf prior to this as well as they get points no matter what happens everyone should boycott it unless you want flattened every time your bubble drops . whales couldnt get enough points to get everything they wanted because people played smart and didnt leave much more then scraps unprotected so they changed it so more points are available for them
  • blackheart300
    blackheart300
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 79
    Bouli said:
    KingMillo said:
    Okay i started turrets of terror camp with recommended Icebreakers skulled and anti sprints in mass probably over kill on the sprints but not 1 shot at the uav's from the carriers whats up with that? Yes i refreshed and retried with same result.Yet i started the Lions Mane and the Targets anti's are overkilling my Uav's 3 volleys from my completely skulled skyfires and only 1/4 damage to a single turret and NO chaining. Did i miss a forums post on chaining not allowed in camp?
    I also tried Turrets of Terror campaign with the recommened Icebreaker (skulled) fleet and I only managed to kill encounter 1 and do partially damage in encounter 2 before being completely wiped out.
    I finished the encounter with my monolith fleet seeing that somehow seems to take alot less damage then the icebreakers. So far for believing Kixeye in the recommended fleet seeing Icebreakers probably can do that campaign but with massive coining on the repairs (which is ofcourse what kixeye hopes everyone does).

And about that countermeasure turret in the Lions Mane and Scorpion Sting Elite campaign, it shoots like 1250129501209152 projectiles per microsecond with a 100000000% accuracy rate. So none of your UAVs are going through. That is ofcourse due to the CM "fix" (read New Accuracy Bug they introduced) that would fix our accuracy of the players Countermeasures while buffing the enemy counter measures through the roof!!

I encountered the same issue with that campaign so I aborted it because I am not going to take massive damage in encounter 1 of the 7 of Prize Pack 1 just to find out that in order to do encounter 2 till 7 you have to also take massive damage meaning you need to do massive coining seeing you only got 1 hour to complete all 7 encounters of the prize pack.

As expected Kixeye screwed that one up in the hopes that people go coin massively in order to get the stuff needed for their Manticores or for the Build tokens if they are after that.
    its allways been like that. from what i have heard you have to get closer to the turrets or use phoenix.. 

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    with the base nerf prior to this as well as they get points no matter what happens everyone should boycott it unless you want flattened every time your bubble drops . whales couldnt get enough points to get everything they wanted because people played smart and didnt leave much more then scraps unprotected so they changed it so more points are available for them
    that makes zero sense..

Instead of doing that, why dont you play smart.   start bounty, get someone to tap your base and hit the bank button.     you do this every 4 hours  or evey 8 hours.. you have 20k points for doing totally nothing.    that is both of the new Javs.. 

You wont get hit, cause you aren't worth anything.  

Instead of a boycott, that truthfully does not work cause a lot of people like the changes so far, be smart.. 

• BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 628
    CM Rampage said in the FAQ's for Bounty 11:
    Will there be guard fleets in replica bases for Bounty 11?
    Yes.  Guards fleets are returning for Bounty 11 in Replica Bases.
    Will the dock continue to auto repair in Bounty 11?
    Yes. Prior to secure base,  the dock would begin to auto repair after damaged or destroyed, but you would not see this until you logged in.  Now the game is more aware of the state of your base, and is showing your dock repairing in real time.  

Neither of these changes is about putting players first. These are both very good reason for players NOT TO PARTICIPATE in Bounty 11. If the team is not aware of this from a player's point of view then the team don't really understand their own game or their players. 
    so more BS and lies... Gotcha...
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Minor Nuisance

so limit defenders to weak turrets and weak flts? you dont want a challenge just an easy win
    LOL , no, concentrate now.

Atm someone has a msc fleet in his base as defense, someone else attacks with same fleet, just sails past the defending fleet while they do nothing to each other. Not much defense there right? When he is past the fleet that does nothing to him, it leaves the rest of the base without a defense fleet, unless of course the player is online and can drive to give chase.

What I said is there should be defense fleets on their own, who together with all the turrets should be able to take on an attacking fleet.

Then I said that I do not think kix can balance such a situation, they cannot even balance what exists.

I am altogether against these different classes, it was the worst idea ever.
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    MORE DRONES IN FM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  Oh wait, I can get 2 more? That's cool. 
  • Cougar1978
    Cougar1978
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 131
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 5:04PM
    What was changed on the PACs overload since yesterday morning?  The overload (if I waited and let it charge) was taking a small island in the Ordinis campaign, now it isn't charging to full capacity or something because it barely takes a wall in the same target it obliterated yesterday?  Seems like the overload is basically NERFED!  Looks like it is firing but rarely any major damage.  Talked with other players in my sector, seeing same issue.  This stinks, what'd you change!???
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 5:07PM
    just a little suggestion with 8 tlcs plus daily and the forsaken mission and bounty , for sure i am skipping bounty , looks like a very expensive bounty , so skipping it  , maybe theres weeks we dont have nothing to do , so maybe its better to rotate tlcs , lets say 2 new tlcs per week , so we have something to do between the fm , raid and bounty , instead of throwing all at once , throw them in less quantity , by the way now that bounty will be expensive, has good prizes , when its easy theres always crap prizes 
    DarKCloWn
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    CM Major_Rampage said:
    • Fixed a problem where Charged Armors were showing as the wrong colors
    Typical. I should have known that the only thing in the game that has changed for the better recently (Charged armour colours that could be more easily distinguished from each other without squinting) was actually a mistake.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Survy
    Survy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 4
    edited 27 Jun 2018, 6:24PM
    zzzzz

• Captain Pants
    Captain Pants
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 523
    Why the changes to the FM 111 Research Garrison target?

Yes, it's still doable and any decent 2 Zelos +3 Mono or Emp fleet should still be able to complete the target without damage. However, it's going to take a bit longer. I'd like the hear the reasons.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    GREAT!! Bounty has started, and game already crashed on me, what did you guys do?
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • GHOSTFINDER
    GHOSTFINDER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 49
    think i am going to pass this bounty guards in replica bases are almost impossible to kill  nice putting player first kix