10-Min Cool Down Bubble Rule Has Killed PVP (Player Vs Player)

Daddysylem
Daddysylem
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 218
edited 22 Jun 2018, 4:22AM
So for anyone that doesn't know.... Kixeye has made a hasty rule based on Player Complaints about other Players that jump into a Sector and get a "Friendly Bubble" while they are Bubbling Other Player Bases. (Called 69'ing) The Players receiving these bubbles are pissed off because the Jerk that took their Infamy cant be hit back. So all the "Losers Of Infamy" got together and complained to Kixeye to do something and STOP the practice of 69'ing so they can finally "Get Even" with the Offending Player.

Kexeye in its First Ever call to arms, Jumped into Action and Quickly made Coding Changes to the Game based solely on the ramblings of pissed off Members wanting "Revenge" on the Offending Players and their tactics of using 69 in game play to avert attacks. So with a type of "Reverse Discrimination" Kixeye came up with a 10-Min No Bubble Rule. The rule basically makes it impossible for you to get a bubble for 10-Min if you decide to pop your bubble early. And "In Theory" it would allow these pissed off people to get revenge on the Offending Players for 10 whole minutes if they can catch the guy popping his bubble early. The Idea is to catch the player out of a bubble so they can suck his Infamy for 10 full Minutes.

Does the "New Rule" Stop 69's......NO ... The offending player is "Smart" and  will only risk his Infamy if he knows he wont get caught out of a bubble. So he will simply have one or more of his buddies "Hold" his base for 2-Attacks which is 12-Minutes. If you increase the 10-minutes, then they increase the number of base holders they will need. The New Rule does nothing except promote "Base Holding" and Totally Kill "ALL Normal PVP"

Alot of players play PVP like me and jump into a sector alone in a bubble and then "Plan" the PVP attack runs. Then pop and see how many bases we can get done before we get caught. Bubbles are common in PVP Play. But the last time I got caught was right after the second base I did and then got Gang Banged by the whole sector for 10-Minutes while all I could do was just watch my infamy drop and drop.

There is NO DEFENSE to this New 10-Minute Rule..........

The 6+ guys around my base took turns while I did everything I could to get a plat out to fight with between attacks and that was useless. So I tried jumping out but with the Base Popups and Lag I couldn't get my CC healed fast enough to jump out before they hit again. 

Don't get me wrong...I've been on the receiving end of a bubble from a 69 Player and its pisses me off too...that I cant hit back. But the 69 Players have not left the game and are still using the same tactic but just modified  to "Holding" the base now. What Im saying is... if Kixeye is going to keep this New Rule there has to be some "Realistic Defense" to counter the Rule or its nothing but a Revenge Rule that doesn't work for what it was intended.

**Keep the 10-Minute Cool Down Rule if you need too, But also include a Cool Down Time Between Attacks so the guy receiving the attacks can defend himself. Or just delete the New Rule and go back to the way it was since it really hasn't stopped 69's anyway.........

Just my 2-cents
===============================
I may be OLD but my mind is younger than yours,
And I still have no idea why I do this...........!!!
  • DontouchMyBallz
    DontouchMyBallz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 2
    You Mama

• Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 511
    How to fix the problem: Just don't pop. Or if you do choose to take the risk then consider if you are in a hostile sector or not
    It's a win-lose situatuation
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 745
    It has? still plenty of pvp from what i can see, just less **** 69ning and expliot avoiding pvp .
  • Daddysylem
    Daddysylem
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 218
    Delphinus said:
    It has? still plenty of pvp from what i can see, just less **** 69ning and expliot avoiding pvp .
    I dont see less 69'ing... All I see is MORE 69's where the players jump in and hit each other while they are hitting for Infamy and then jump out with a bubble from their buddies. The PVP (Player Vs Player) System is badly broken with this new rule and I quit playing it... :/
    ===============================
    I may be OLD but my mind is younger than yours,
    And I still have no idea why I do this...........!!!
  • Joeybagadoughnuts
    Joeybagadoughnuts
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,421
    edited 12 Jul 2018, 5:47PM
    yeah i agree ,...stopped playing ...the 10 min bubble was wrong decision it did nothing but halt PVP  for me , and i never 69'd BASE is DISARMED , ...IDGAF anymore LOL until some one fix's this sht show 

• Blackheart319483
    Blackheart319483
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 62
    10 minutes rule just suck.
    Kixeye failed all the way with the 3 things they did to stop exploit use / 69 and infamy farming/stacking..

69's still happening now they just need to pop wait 3 minutes, either hold in aattack or just wait, then friendly can use the last 7 minutes to attack and just hold to attack end. making the timer longer will not work and just ruin the game more.

The 10 minutes rule made is so much easier to stack/transfer infamy to another friend.

Friendly bubble also easy. Either they just get 1 star from clan member and take the small loss of infamy or get a friend to drop tag or frined in another clan to bubble.

Kixeye smart idea did not work at all, only boosted the exploit use.

• Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 743
    how does the ten minute rule help if you aren't online? complete failure on their part yet again

• enigmation
    enigmation
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 17
    Its easy to say "just don't pop". Those saying that can't be worthwhile targets in the game. My time out of bubbles is very limited. Unless I am online at the time that my bubble expires on its own, more often than not by the time I get back online I've been bubbled again. So I get to PVP less these days because of the new rule, and I have to really try and plan to be online when my bubble is up - that isn't fun. 
  • ANGRY FARMER BHB
    ANGRY FARMER BHB
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 198
    I love the 10 minute cool down.  It forces players to finally defend.  No more hitting and hiding.  In my opinion, hitting and hiding is an exploit.  The only reason Kixeye created this cool down was because of you numb nuts abusing that tactic.   Sorry, this is war commander.  If you can hit, you can defend too.  No hiding.   The purpose of the bubble is so you can repair your base and toons, not HIDE like cowards to avoid defending.  Don't like it?  Quit!  If anyone quit because of this fix, good!   That leaves REAL players behind to actually play the game as it was intended to be played.  There are plenty of players out there with over 4,000 infamy who are defending and succeeding!   THOSE are the real players.  The rest who are crying over this 10 minute cool down are the pretenders who are nothing but exploiters.  Bye bye!!!!   
  • Dirkdingler
    Dirkdingler
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 93
    10 min cool down is a great new feature tot he game.Thank u Kixeye 

• kixeyeuser_551238935_15348_4427543
    kixeyeuser_551238935_15348_4427543
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 9
    couldn't agree more. the 10 min rule is the worst thing yet and hasn't stopped 69ing but stopped some players from taking part in war and/or defending.

• smaugthewyrm
    smaugthewyrm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 372
    raising the COUNT DOWNTIMER would help alot. for me it takes 20-30 seconds before my base is responsive.

this small change would allow:
    get plats out for sniping
    heal base
    heal units in base

currently,
    the base loads even slower after an attack
    OR
    locks entirely IF an attack is already in progress

if we are stuck with this 10 min rule, then at least address the long standing problems with PVP
    as listed above.
  • kixeyeuser_763149275_1195_9825647
    kixeyeuser_763149275_1195_9825647
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 2
    I like the rule. However I believe as many players Kixeye has we should have "refs" in designated war sectors and event challenges. This will catch the repeat 69rs in the act and make these players think twice before attempting that tactic. Im not suggesting a immediate ban but perhaps a hold on that attacker and his/or her accomplice. A hold where they can not jump to simply repeat the action again. A hold where the offenders base remains open. this would be an excellent counter to this 69 issue the game is going thru. Will it stop 69 all together NO.. the offenders have to be caught in the act. Should it stop a player that just needs to turn in for the night and needs cover for repairs... NO. Refs should only be called to designated war sectors or applicable situations where the offenders are BLATANT. I'm sure this idea could use some tweaking soo.. pls consider this. perhaps it could be the new future of PVP and designated war in the game. This could also be a collateral duty of MODS if they can be held in unbiased accountability.
  • pulpyerguts
    pulpyerguts
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 72
    if you want to stop 69 -why not just make it so that any player who own base is in attack or being held cannot attack anyone elses base until their own base is not in any form of attack, the whole idea of a 69 is to be  able to attck and gain infamy at the same time as making your own base unattackable- to gain infamy and get a self bubble  hence you win- if any players base is in any type of attack that said player cannot attack another base until his own base is out of attack -this will stop all 69 :) if your put in a bubble  in any situation its then up to you if you want to pop or not to seek revenge but it will stop self bubbling and unfair advantages :)

• Goldendoodle
    Goldendoodle
    WC Game Team
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 86
    I appreciate the detailed feedback.

Do you feel the frequency of "69ing" has decreased? It's certainly become more difficult to do with the rule changes.

We plan to keep feeling out these changes and making adjustments so that we can get PVP in an optimal state.Daddysylem said:
    Delphinus said:
    I dont see less 69'ing... All I see is MORE 69's where the players jump in and hit each other while they are hitting for Infamy and then jump out with a bubble from their buddies. The PVP (Player Vs Player) System is badly broken with this new rule and I quit playing it... :/
    What do you think would help forestall this?

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
  • Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 422
    Most of us who do battle regularly could give a monkeys if some infamy ho gets his mates to protect his base.. the rule changes weren't necessary and the game is more dead than it was before.
  • kixeyeuser_763149275_1195_9825647
    kixeyeuser_763149275_1195_9825647
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 2
    Golden for the most part it is a step in the right direction. I attend many if not all wars. However as mentioned above these players insist on self-bubbling. you say 10mins they will  attack and hold 2xs. Even if the time period was increased there are 5 platoons the accomplice account is aloud to attack with. Each attack can be ended and started again before the defenders can attack the accomplice account for a chance of a revenge hit. This is the main reason the rule is not working. What I can foresee happening is all realizing this is just the new way to play the game and A. either just walking away from the game.. or B. Adapting and joining that tactic. 
  • LickMyBoots
    LickMyBoots
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,964
    you're basically being punished for playing PVP....kixeye evidently want players to sit in a bubble until it expires......what fun...just put things back the way they were and leave pvp alone.PLEASE.
    mmmmmmm ok
  • XX--KHALILOU--XX
    XX--KHALILOU--XX
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 23

I'm just doing upgrades , no more fun , not only PvP , thé hole game néed big changes , world map need to change , hope they will not kill thé game faster thé it bas to be

• ShotgunBilly
    ShotgunBilly
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 449
    I appreciate the detailed feedback.

Do you feel the frequency of "69ing" has decreased? It's certainly become more difficult to do with the rule changes.

We plan to keep feeling out these changes and making adjustments so that we can get PVP in an optimal state.Daddysylem said:
    Delphinus said:
    What do you think would help forestall this?

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
    Go read "Infamy Change Idea" posted by NuckingFuts...https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/738954
  • pararescue2981
    pararescue2981
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    I dont have a problem with the new rule, but I do think KIX needs to look at if the attacker is sitting at your base, he gains nothing at all, these smart players are now sitting at a base, waiting for the defender to pop, then will hit his base 4-5 times, then walk away with a extra 100-200 infamy, plus all the rescources from the base., Keep the rule, but make it where a player who does pop to help defend his sector, looses no infamy or rescources during that 10 min cool down period.

• Incredible_Hulk
    Incredible_Hulk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 60
    Kairento said:
    How to fix the problem: Just don't pop. Or if you do choose to take the risk then consider if you are in a hostile sector or not
    It's a win-lose situatuation
    the whole point of the game is to pop and fight but at least make it worthwhile...
  • Incredible_Hulk
    Incredible_Hulk
    Potential Threat
    I dont have a problem with the new rule, but I do think KIX needs to look at if the attacker is sitting at your base, he gains nothing at all, these smart players are now sitting at a base, waiting for the defender to pop, then will hit his base 4-5 times, then walk away with a extra 100-200 infamy, plus all the rescources from the base., Keep the rule, but make it where a player who does pop to help defend his sector, looses no infamy or rescources during that 10 min cool down period.

that wont work now will it??  noone owns a sector so its not HIS sector or anyone elses.  this is the problem with the game ppl think they OWN sectors its nonsense, just the largest active alliances will win its simple maths... 
  • Incredible_Hulk
    Incredible_Hulk
    Potential Threat

i see this happen every day now - ppl just sit in sectors dont jump out to war and just farm any poor soul who jumps in to fight, the minute u pop its a downward spiral unless you are a millionaire
  • Incredible_Hulk
    Incredible_Hulk
    Potential Threat

I'm just doing upgrades , no more fun , not only PvP , thé hole game néed big changes , world map need to change , hope they will not kill thé game faster thé it bas to be

theyve already killed it - noone leaves sectors anymore they just sector sit and farm cos of the 10 min rule
  • Incredible_Hulk
    Incredible_Hulk
    Potential Threat
    if you want to stop 69 -why not just make it so that any player who own base is in attack or being held cannot attack anyone elses base until their own base is not in any form of attack, the whole idea of a 69 is to be  able to attck and gain infamy at the same time as making your own base unattackable- to gain infamy and get a self bubble  hence you win- if any players base is in any type of attack that said player cannot attack another base until his own base is out of attack -this will stop all 69 :) if your put in a bubble  in any situation its then up to you if you want to pop or not to seek revenge but it will stop self bubbling and unfair advantages :)

i like your thinking but this would mean the guy who hits first will have 2 bites of the cherry in 1-1 situations... not very fair. cos u will have to pop to hit him when hes already hit u and then this also allows him or his friends to snipe any toons u happen to have out which might be at his base. if a guy is hittin my base i sure as hell wanna be able to hit his too!
  • john.afdem
    john.afdem
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 26
    Sheesh ppl..quit your whining!! Learn to adapt....kindof important in warfare..don'tcha think??

• Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 566
    I think we should be allowed to deploy platoons while we are being attacked, so we can fight back. And to actually eliminate 69, kixeye has to introduce infamy loss for not being able to destroy a base as well.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,442
    So for anyone that doesn't know.... Kixeye has made a hasty rule based on Player Complaints about other Players that jump into a Sector and get a "Friendly Bubble" while they are Bubbling Other Player Bases. (Called 69'ing) The Players receiving these bubbles are pissed off because the Jerk that took their Infamy cant be hit back. So all the "Losers Of Infamy" got together and complained to Kixeye to do something and STOP the practice of 69'ing so they can finally "Get Even" with the Offending Player.

Kexeye in its First Ever call to arms, Jumped into Action and Quickly made Coding Changes to the Game based solely on the ramblings of pissed off Members wanting "Revenge" on the Offending Players and their tactics of using 69 in game play to avert attacks. So with a type of "Reverse Discrimination" Kixeye came up with a 10-Min No Bubble Rule. The rule basically makes it impossible for you to get a bubble for 10-Min if you decide to pop your bubble early. And "In Theory" it would allow these pissed off people to get revenge on the Offending Players for 10 whole minutes if they can catch the guy popping his bubble early. The Idea is to catch the player out of a bubble so they can suck his Infamy for 10 full Minutes.

Does the "New Rule" Stop 69's......NO ... The offending player is "Smart" and  will only risk his Infamy if he knows he wont get caught out of a bubble. So he will simply have one or more of his buddies "Hold" his base for 2-Attacks which is 12-Minutes. If you increase the 10-minutes, then they increase the number of base holders they will need. The New Rule does nothing except promote "Base Holding" and Totally Kill "ALL Normal PVP"

Alot of players play PVP like me and jump into a sector alone in a bubble and then "Plan" the PVP attack runs. Then pop and see how many bases we can get done before we get caught. Bubbles are common in PVP Play. But the last time I got caught was right after the second base I did and then got Gang Banged by the whole sector for 10-Minutes while all I could do was just watch my infamy drop and drop.

There is NO DEFENSE to this New 10-Minute Rule..........

The 6+ guys around my base took turns while I did everything I could to get a plat out to fight with between attacks and that was useless. So I tried jumping out but with the Base Popups and Lag I couldn't get my CC healed fast enough to jump out before they hit again. 

Don't get me wrong...I've been on the receiving end of a bubble from a 69 Player and its pisses me off too...that I cant hit back. But the 69 Players have not left the game and are still using the same tactic but just modified  to "Holding" the base now. What Im saying is... if Kixeye is going to keep this New Rule there has to be some "Realistic Defense" to counter the Rule or its nothing but a Revenge Rule that doesn't work for what it was intended.

**Keep the 10-Minute Cool Down Rule if you need too, But also include a Cool Down Time Between Attacks so the guy receiving the attacks can defend himself. Or just delete the New Rule and go back to the way it was since it really hasn't stopped 69's anyway.........

Just my 2-cents
    Im gonna be a little critical here.....In my experience to kill a base, even offline, that has any defense takes at least a few minutes...lets say 3 for arguments sake, you said you hit 2 bases before getting hit so thats 6 minutes already out of the 10 and assuming you have a base toon to slow them down it should take at least 4 minutes to bubble you the first time. so your story doesnt really make sense unless you are a dead base farmer, in which case what do you know about pvp? is farming dead bases pvp? because i dont see any other way to kill 2 bases and be killed online in the 10 minute window.
    and not only that....you said 6 people took turns at your base??? how can that be possible if you didnt pop a 2nd time trying to fight with their toons while in a bubble, in which case it is your own fault and has nothing to do with trying to hit enough bases before getting bubbled and more about someone trying to revenge hit platoons and losing out for it.

You say there is no defense to the new rule....but there doesnt need to be. play how you are supposed to and its not an issue at all. the only time i have been affected by this rule is when right after getting killed i popped again as a joke bc an enemy asked me too, so i let them kill me a few more times. and even then, with a dead base and no base toon, i was only killed three times, and i dont have a strong base.
    If you dont post every dead base you kill five times in chat and you have toons ready in position near your targets beforehand you can get a lot done before getting attacked, and if you use a base toon which you should, you can easily slow them down enough to make yourself get a bubble.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,442

that wont work now will it??  noone owns a sector so its not HIS sector or anyone elses.  this is the problem with the game ppl think they OWN sectors its nonsense, just the largest active alliances will win its simple maths... 
    well, they could make it so that players can align themselves with a certain sector and it shows in the game somehow. While this obviously could be exploited by enemies of a sector easily, i think that it should have a month cooldown and not be able to be reduced by gold or cost a lot of gold. So its either show sector pride or be hit by that sector. and if the timer is that long you cant flip flop all over as you want.
    obviously not a full idea, but i think with a little work this could be cool.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)