8.25 Update Discussion Thread

• H a v o c
    H a v o c
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 18
    how does dis rank my proto cents? all it does is kill them, stupid kix.
    It ranked mine, maybe try less crying like little girl and more playing, perhaps farmville is more your speed of game.
  • kiwis
    kiwis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 202
    More TLC's that prizes not worth the damage you take
  • AcijomymmiJ
    AcijomymmiJ
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 14
    edited 23 Jun 2018, 10:33AM
    morg1st said:
    is there a reason that you fixed the 111 and 112 but not the 117? It is dealing way more damage than before, on auto it used to deal about 50% to my fleet, now it is doing between 60-80% damage. Will you fix that too or do I have to go back to grinding little targets?
    im using 4 inferno dragon to do 6 117 before a 10+ hrs repair and some of the infernos are dead , after the update im still doing 6 117 for 9 hrs repair but no inferno are dead and all has a 10% hp remaining , i guess the what they so called repair on countermeasures affect this. Just sharing.

2 inferno like this and the other 2 inferno have 1 sprint each and just 2 gales III might help, but soon gonna refit them with the new armor from fm the d5-xm as i design it at shipyard it took me up to 98% defenses, my current xm defense is 96% might worth a shot to increase by 2% more and replace ion thruster IV with hyper-10 as soon i can get them hopefully next raid to increase splash dmg reduction from 12%-20% and much more 20% combat speed :)
  • intrigue41
    intrigue41
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 59
    hey wel done kixeye   must have an empty wallet  as you have x5 on damage on the base parts ect     your  GREED  DOES YOU WELL    SO WHATS NEXT BLANK THE POST OR GET IT SORTED ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • morg1st
    morg1st
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 211
    morg1st said:
    is there a reason that you fixed the 111 and 112 but not the 117? It is dealing way more damage than before, on auto it used to deal about 50% to my fleet, now it is doing between 60-80% damage. Will you fix that too or do I have to go back to grinding little targets?
    im using 4 inferno dragon to do 6 117 before a 10+ hrs repair and some of the infernos are dead , after the update im still doing 6 117 for 9 hrs repair but no inferno are dead and all has a 10% hp remaining , i guess the what they so called repair on countermeasures affect this. Just sharing.

2 inferno like this and the other 2 inferno have 1 sprint each and just 2 gales III might help, but soon gonna refit them with the new armor from fm the d5-xm as i design it at shipyard it took me up to 98% defenses, my current xm defense is 96% might worth a shot to increase by 2% more and replace ion thruster IV with hyper-10 as soon i can get them hopefully next raid to increase splash dmg reduction from 12%-20% and much more 20% combat speed :)
    Similar build to mine but I have not had time to armor them all yet or build the kodik, so little build time

I am not generally an **** but if you are then I will hold a mirror up for you. If you are a good egg then we are all good, I'll still attack you but I'll be nice about it, it is Battle Pirates after all not Farm Candy Pets Ville. 
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 428
    PRIMUS GLITCH
    Apart from the proto dying v fast, and charged pools going down v fast - i have a bigger issue-
    My hydras kept getting stuck the wrong way on semi-auto, meaning they take big damage, but on the final part of pack3, they got stuck at the left side, and i could NOT drive them out at all, so i had to watch them die, and i'd just coin repped them again for final push :(
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 501
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 12:55AM
    I HAVE TESTED THE pvp fix extensively those who have all turrets can defend those missing turrets can not.  so i sumerized bouinty 
    John Svelnys
    John Svelnys conclusion players who have all tier 7 turrets do well. Those that opted out of Bounty and are missing turrets do poorly.. My turrets are useless now because I am missing 1) Halo2 and 2) Blunderbuss. Is Bounty viable? 1) too upgrade OP for BOUNTY, 3 full loads of Uranium are required. Easy to get? NO. Will your base defend? Only if you have all 16 tier 7 turrets. IS PVP MORE BALANCED? HELL NO ( back to being as farm as turrets do no damage to deflection of ships )
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 903
    I need two more t7 pen, four more bal, and six more explosive turrets to have eight of each. The last two attackers both failed to kill my op in time. So base defense is possible without eight of each t7 turret type.

As for getting ur for bounty, make sure you're full before bounty starts. If you don't have fangs or a fleet that can do scourge blockade targets, then ask your alli/sector for help. Get full before bounty starts. Then when bounty starts you have enough for all the upgrades but the last one. Then open treasure chests to get the uranium you need or hit some more scourge blockades for that final bounty upgrade.
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 1:26AM
    rampage reports kix is working on more over damage geexz no one test you already screwed pvp again by not givoing turrets i bought a fair value in the game standing alone KIXEYE JUST CANT GET IT JUST KNEE JERK EVERY ISSUE, PVP BALANCED? hell no, no competent workers there.
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 1:30AM
    note my base were 3 wardens hitting steady but turrets did nothing, if you watched beginning of video battle log you see my base hits wins and loses, all losses were full tier 7 turrets not ships defending.

• Stilton
    Stilton
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 10
    umm so the counter measures on my ships are no long effective, you change the layout of the FM targets with no warning that I saw, you people are killing this game with your constant fiddling around and goalpost moving, time to find another game I think this one has become a frustrating drudge
  • bubbahyde321
    bubbahyde321
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 199
    CS said the r&d would be fixed with update 8.25 so what happened? still don't work and the 30 coin they sent me won't cover 3 weeks of waiting

• pfate
    pfate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 172
    wasted all this time building the proto cent just to be cut down like butter. as for the FM...well lets talk abt that, changed BPs from 1 tier to another and increased the point cost, 103s blitzing was 30 coins to x10 blitz this is without taken any damage, now price is 50 coins? yet raid blitzing is 1 coin per blitz so x10 =10 coins,so wheres the math?leaderboard still hasnt been fix, ever notice when u repair fleet on open water says  a different price to when u dock and click repair its been increased? and what abt the clads we bought for $15 and the 30 days of ship tokens for them for $15 they going to be changed to siege tokens??? dnt forget in OP to research VXP tokens u got conqur and justice vxp. really why not change that to defender class? and why cant we use our research tokens in OP research? research is research yes?and these new sub sector bases.... holy crap cant even get past the 2nd corner be4 i die with proto cents. taken too much damage.if ur going to do sum changes how abt letting us change our tokens to useful onesusen titanium to exchange them?
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,013
    THis unfortunately is the way they are going forward....

THe Proto cent I believe is no different that the Proto - Tide - useless, it may give you a little bit of  a buff, but would not waste SY time building one, let alone a fleet of them for something that will change relatively soon...Kix has shown that to be the case regularly recently - tuning more in line to what is expected....

I do have a proto tide and proto cent built (cent only partly) and that is because I have tokens, if not, it would never have been built...

Totally agree with these new SSB's, why? just why??? yes you need more money, but is that really going to happen when you have less players??? or the way you're heading no players???

Must admit though, I am enjoying this roller coaster ride....never had so may turns, back tracks deviations, course changes tracks disappearing,.....mighty great ride
  • Bill Robinson
    Bill Robinson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 28
    how does dis rank my proto cents? all it does is kill them, stupid kix.
    Basically that's how it's done you go in killem 6 times and they are ranked
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,132
    Translation: players first = 'Player$ first'
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • TIGGGGGER
    TIGGGGGER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 98
    "ban hammer".....reeely.....where I come from snitches get stiches
  • TIGGGGGER
    TIGGGGGER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 98
    SUCK IT WHALES.....if u can't build a decent base with all the tech dat currently n the game u should just give up on BP n go play canny krush
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,217
    "Battle Pirates will end all battles and be unavailable at 09:00 PM PT for maintenance. Thank you for your patience."

Think it's about time to freeze TLC timers when this happens? Sucks to either miss that (or did it even show up at all), due to tons of crap being up there the past few days and ignoring them, and not being able to get into Encounter 6 of 7 of a mastery camp. The 40 minutes or so left on the timer will likely run out before the maintenance is finished.

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 226
    kiwis said:
    My favourite part is TLCs you can't do because you don't have the required tech (mega ship) because part of the game (R&D) has been broken for so long.
  • kiwis said:
    My favourite part is TLCs you can't do because you don't have the required tech (mega ship) because part of the game (R&D) has been broken for so long.

Cant say i disagreed with you. R&D has frosen all progress now for several month's and is a main reason for me putting game down. When you only have slow old style tech to work with its just to borring to wait 1-2 min to get to closest jump point. Not to think about targets in other parts of sector. I did meet requierment 2-3 month's ago to get lvl 8 going and also lvl 9. Have the needed U but it is not doing it.

To me it looks like kix only focus on pleasing a small group of whales they have left in the game, so they do not focus on getting the basic funktions working in the game because it do not generat money now.

It would though be needed if they want to keep low end players also. A game with just whales and highend players have no life without the masses below.
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828
    having trouble with the titanum targets, the auto pilot is drunk lol because the fleet get stopped , if i try to drive the lag is too much , so i need to auto , so cant get titanium right now and i need a lot of it lol 
    DarKCloWn
  • E McCaslin
    E McCaslin
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 11
    Put CM's back the way they were