8.25 Update Discussion Thread

• KillerChrome7
    KillerChrome7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 317
    What is the redemption limit on all the new limited items? 

• ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 106
    Lots of good items added to the FM. Looking foward to cranking on it.  When does the FM start though? Tomorrow, Wednesday?  Popup when I logged in implied it was good to go tonight....
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,569
    when can we expect something to be released so we will have a chance at defending our bases again?

Bases are defendable with a correct setup and if you have all the T7 turrets.
  • fulcrumer
    fulcrumer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,012
    Maintenance already?
  • richhawk
    richhawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 85
    what the f- - - i got caught in A BASE and it sade down for maintnence? wjat going on the maintence was over but i gies  not  lol

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 460
    So changing the cost of charged armour as well...thought this was supposed to allow players to catch up...yet you move things further away...

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-X

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-M

ooo that's a dirty move, missed that in the list. I guess they figure too many players can do FM now... I did think it was odd that the Apollo was up there with the IB and Monolith in terms of cost despite being a much older hull
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 408
    Lmao, the notification of maintenance way after it started. Nice work Kixeye.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    richhawk said:
    what the f- - - i got caught in A BASE and it sade down for maintnence? wjat going on the maintence was over but i gies  not  lol

people were getting stuck in bases... so they've taken the game down to fix it...
  • rea1176
    rea1176
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 16
    The only turret that has all 8 out is the Pent turrets and MSCs can walk right past them now... before i had a chance at stopping them with the 6 Ballistic turrets but not anymore until they release the Jav2 turrets... so yes it swung from base defense to base attacking , just need to use the MSC with MC plates.
  • pukki-ronaldo
    pukki-ronaldo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 46
    richhawk said:

I got stuck doing a campaign and with 2 fleets on the map.. Leaving for work in 10 mins, so I`m kind of disgruntled myself. Ticket sent but who knows if it helps. have a great day btw. :-)  
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 20 Jun 2018, 4:58AM
    So changing the cost of charged armour as well...thought this was supposed to allow players to catch up...yet you move things further away...

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-X

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-M

Up from 60k.

ALso the CO charged armour is up from 20k

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-CO

and moved into PP4 not 3

not sure which one the concussive is, that was with it in PP3 for 20k .. is it one of these?

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-CT

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-CR

• ACAM73
    ACAM73
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 83
    Oh hell yeah! Now i might be able to rank my Zelos, Mantis Woohoooooo 
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    ty rampage at least you are getting some overtime lol
  • Marr4
    Marr4
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 10
    strange it said that the R&D is fixed. well just to let you know it isnt fixed at all.

• Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 211
    rampage live 6/15...6min55sec...mentions about d5xm armor and reinforced ablative armor in fm. got chopped off the list I guess?
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Laredo said:
    when can we expect something to be released so we will have a chance at defending our bases again?

Bases are defendable with a correct setup and if you have all the T7 turrets.
    yup

My base is 100% flat and did next to NO damage to attacking fleet
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    rea1176 said:
    The only turret that has all 8 out is the Pent turrets and MSCs can walk right past them now... before i had a chance at stopping them with the 6 Ballistic turrets but not anymore until they release the Jav2 turrets... so yes it swung from base defense to base attacking , just need to use the MSC with MC plates.
    onslaughts walked by mine.go figure
  • Cpt_Clueless
    Cpt_Clueless
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 211
    the turret "adjustment" seem to have taken effect. some are wondering might be able to do something once jav2s are out but dont worry mc3 plate is already showing in sy so you wont be stopping anything lol might do a funny base with all buildings in 1 cluster. gimme a quick bub n leave me the *beep* alone for 36hours :)
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    edited 20 Jun 2018, 8:01AM
    So, quite apart from the fact that PVP balance has just been shot in the head and thrown into a dumpster, I notice that we have a new, (totally useless due to the massive resistance drop vs researchable components)  siege defence special... that adds SHIP deflection? (Also, what is the point of the new limited flak?)
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    the turret "adjustment" seem to have taken effect. some are wondering might be able to do something once jav2s are out but dont worry mc3 plate is already showing in sy so you wont be stopping anything lol might do a funny base with all buildings in 1 cluster. gimme a quick bub n leave me the *beep* alone for 36hours :)
    Back to gentlemens rules - leave the SY and dock in a standard location and stop even trying to defend, like when crusaders/templars came out and there was nothing that could scratch them
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Skilled Warrior
    RYZA said:
    Kixeye yet again proving complete incompetence by breaking base defense completely 
    the problem with what happens if you put out more kit or add more content based on the effect that is happening, then change the source code so the effect no longer occurs, everything you put out since is unbalanced. same as all the targets that were "tuned" based on the CMs working as they were ... now they don't.
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 696
    YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH BUDDYYYYYYYYY Time to go farming all the people who sent hatemail mwahahahahaa
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 112

if you chose when you get hit witch is quite a easy thing to do just mess with the right player then most bases are defend able i have 3 fire spitting slomo rocket sporting guardslaughts that melt msc/onslaught like a dream only thing really hurts them are the new cruisers if built right but i even kicked 1 or 2 of those out ... point is a offline base is a dead base for the most part point is even a farm can be defended with the right guard if you chose when to get hit 
    OK.... Who got the weed ?
  • E McCaslin
    E McCaslin
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 15
    Please increase the amount of Manicore build tokens you can hold .