MANTICORE Stunned?

Capt. Phantom
Capt. Phantom
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 16
edited 13 Jun 2018, 8:45PM
My Manticore i tested in an 85 Glowing Nav Relay for titanium, still got stunned even with an Agility System 3 as one of my ship specials. Is this a bug?
Also have my ship build below

Related image
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,386
    Manti has 0 stun resistance.  The Phoenix and Skyfire have built in stun resistance and was designed for that style target.  When the targets are changed to the Manti style target it will work properly.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Not a bug. Manticores lack the stun resistance of Phoenixes and Skyfire Carriers since Manticores were not designed for that specific raid cycle. The stun resistance was a unique feature of the two fleets made for the cycle. 
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    Manticore has NO innate stun protection so even with AG3 it's only a bit over 60% effective and that is not enough for those targets.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    You'd honestly do better with that Gutspill Skyfire Carrier fleet. Missile Manticores will probably also perform better in the Glowing Navs though it'd be stunned all the same
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

• Jason Ma
    Jason Ma
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 74

@DarkMercenary said:
    You'd honestly do better with that Gutspill Skyfire Carrier fleet. Missile Manticores will probably also perform better in the Glowing Navs though it'd be stunned all the same

So I don’t have a Phoenix or skyfire fleet, just missile manticores. But I do have 1 single skyfire from the TLC. So what I do is take my single skyfire in first, kill the drones, then finish off the rest of the target with my manti fleet. Works out really well. Usually about 15 minutes of damage, most of it from bad driving. I know people can kill them for free with properly built sky’s and Phoenix fleets, but the manti is obviously not built for these targets.

Another thing to note is I have 3 ships with all new Rmor and two with 2/4 new armor and one each for and pen charged armor. The two with charged armor always have 1/4 of the damage of the other 3.

• KillerChrome7
    KillerChrome7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 315
    The manticore is not backward compatible. 
    -Cuttlefish

• DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Jason Ma said:

@DarkMercenary said:

So I don’t have a Phoenix or skyfire fleet, just missile manticores. But I do have 1 single skyfire from the TLC. So what I do is take my single skyfire in first, kill the drones, then finish off the rest of the target with my manti fleet. Works out really well. Usually about 15 minutes of damage, most of it from bad driving. I know people can kill them for free with properly built sky’s and Phoenix fleets, but the manti is obviously not built for these targets.

Another thing to note is I have 3 ships with all new Rmor and two with 2/4 new armor and one each for and pen charged armor. The two with charged armor always have 1/4 of the damage of the other 3.

True though the Reaver Bulk can also stun apparently. It perma stuns my manticores though it looks like I can still attack occasionally to kill it
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,558
    The Phoenix and Skyfire's built in stun resist is unusually effective. A naked Phoenix will still un-stun faster than a Gluttony with Agility4 and 10 D5-ST. No idea why, but that's just how it is.
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 16

Thanks for the explanation, everyone, suppose that means agility system 3 or 4 seem to be useless for raid and past assault targets :)...case can be closed!

Related image
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,030
This discussion has been closed.