What is the use of war commander?

crows0319
crows0319
Greenhorn
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 5
edited 13 Jun 2018, 6:29PM
I pop and somebody keep on attacking my base, event they destroyed it what happened to damage protection now. how I can protect my base? its already destroyed and no toons
  • HARDAC
    HARDAC
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 670
    there is now a cool down if you attack after your bubble best to just sit it out k only hit after your bubble pops if what was said about this is true
    The Best way to fix A Problem is Too Acknowledge you have one Then Address it. 
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,702

If you popped your bubble on your own before damage protection ended, you cant be bubbled for 10 minutes after that...

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • chaoshq
    chaoshq
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425

LoL...yeah kixeye think this 10 min cool down is an improvement to PvP.

Still don't see how...

• crows0319
    crows0319
    Greenhorn
    still I dont get it, what kind of IDEA is this, 10mins call down :)

• Zeldamo
    Zeldamo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 74
    The idea is very simple, you pop... coin your repair.  Win for kixeye.
  • ChrisV444x
    ChrisV444x
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 403
    Zeldamo said:
    except you cant because lag and popups between attacks. Ive tried in past, by time platoon manger pops up 10 sec timer already counting down . Kix loss i guess . Need a cool down 60 sec between attacks to allow player to navigate his own base between attacks, , reset mines, coin repairs, swap base toon out  whatever. 
  • Stuart Fromengland
    Stuart Fromengland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 318
    when a bubble pops whether voluntary or after 18hr or 36hr there is a 10 minute colldown where you cant be bubbled all notes says its only voluntary popped bubbles however tests ive done on 3 clan mates proves this is incorrect

no matter how your bubble pop there a 10 minute cooldown, just way it is I guess
    Honk Honk
  • Zeldamo
    Zeldamo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 74
    Zeldamo said:
    except you cant because lag and popups between attacks. Ive tried in past, by time platoon manger pops up 10 sec timer already counting down . Kix loss i guess . Need a cool down 60 sec between attacks to allow player to navigate his own base between attacks, , reset mines, coin repairs, swap base toon out  whatever. 
    Excellent point!
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,699
    There has recently been introduced a damage protection cooldown timer of 10 when you pop your damage protection. During that time, you cannot receive a damage protection when you base is being severely damaged by another player.

According to the post made by Goldendoodle, this change was applied in order to make it slightly harder to perform the exploitative strategy of friendly bubbles. I do highly recommend reading his forum post for more information. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737278

Goldendoodle said in PVP Changes; Platoon Infamy

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

There were two main reasons:

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

As listed in the patch notes:

• Intentionally bubbling an alliance mate will now result in Infamy loss.

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• Destroying an enemy platoon gives Infamy

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

1. This post should’ve been made sooner; and

2. The cooldown of 5 minutes is not long enough.

What will we be doing about it?

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Helpful links
    Goldendoodle's post about recent PvP changes: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737278/p1
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • chaoshq
    chaoshq
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 425

@Axel L said:
    There has recently been introduced a damage protection cooldown timer of 10 when you pop your damage protection. During that time, you cannot receive a damage protection when you base is being severely damaged by another player.

According to the post made by Goldendoodle, this change was applied in order to make it slightly harder to perform the exploitative strategy of friendly bubbles. I do highly recommend reading his forum post for more information. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737278
    (Spoiler)

Helpful links
    Goldendoodle's post about recent PvP changes: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737278/p1

I am aware what kixeye has implemented, but still there is no logic to it.

So now if my team mate needs help and I pop my bubble Then the enemy can hit my base non stop for 10 minutes, maybe total my base 5 or 6 times and farm infamy from me. Do that didn't really solve a problem but created another. Any popped base can still be "held" by a friend...it looks to me that this cool down is yet another knee jerk reaction by kix to fix something that can't be fixed. PVP is dead anyway.

• Michael Cooke
    Michael Cooke
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 19
    chaoshq said:

@Axel L said:

(Spoiler)

Helpful links

I am aware what kixeye has implemented, but still there is no logic to it.

So now if my team mate needs help and I pop my bubble Then the enemy can hit my base non stop for 10 minutes, maybe total my base 5 or 6 times and farm infamy from me. Do that didn't really solve a problem but created another. Any popped base can still be "held" by a friend...it looks to me that this cool down is yet another knee jerk reaction by kix to fix something that can't be fixed. PVP is dead anyway.

Agreed............just had one guy hit me ten times in 10 minutes.........and I was attacking no one at the time.  Lost 282 infamy and there was nothing I could do.   May very well be the dumbest thing Kix has ever done, and it takes a lot to say that.  If you are going to implement this then you must limit the attck by one player to just once during the cooldown.  
  • crows0319
    crows0319
    Greenhorn
    may team will cool down also until this, problem will not resolve :) simple