8.24 Discussion Thread

• syntax-error
    syntax-error
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 124

Catastropic Mortar is useless 3 salvo then the counter measure of conqueror hull is 10 salvo... non sense

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,552
    Cat mort2 is a t7 explosive turret so it will be better once you have 6-8 t7 explosive turrets built.
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043

@kixeyeuser_1420384677122_100006197084984 said:
    So I didn’t get flag last month cuz I got the turrets instead.now you r going to nerf the turrets and u put flag in locked store so doubtful I will get it this time either. Please rethink the locked store.

Good catch didnt notice the flags were in there. Dont get me wrong i sat out last raid because of their BS im hoping not to have to sit out anther because it's just more of the same but would really like to get the flag fof my mantis if raid is reasonable. That locked store is really getting old. That locked store was never supposed to hold what we need to advance our fleets. Instead it looks like they changed it as a way to try to make you spend money because you now have to get other stuff before what you want.

• Teun Spronk
    Teun Spronk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 11
    think it wil be the end of battle pirates alot o peeps already quit and alot more wil quit not that i cheted but the fun is getting away for me to play the game sorry to say it kix but with this u wil be killing the game if we write tickets over an over powered base just check it and if so ban it 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200

Catastropic Mortar is useless 3 salvo then the counter measure of conqueror hull is 10 salvo... non sense

except it mirvs when countered..     So if you have a lot of explosive deflection, it would be better to eat the salvo and take the 360 pass through damage.    cause if you counter it you are going to be taking the 3x 10k damage hits.    or 1080 damage.

If you do not have a lot of eplosive resists, you are going to want to counter it, instead of taking the damage.     Makes perfect sense.
    should be a good gun, and force some attackers to rethink their armor choices.

• Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,276
    Same message as in State of game as not all check both:
    To all whom it might concern, whatever we say on forum , will not be looked at nor replied, so we just wasting our precious time. They will implement whatever changes to PVP / PVE without any feedback, and all those so called feedback that they use are purely and surely made up by Kixeye themselves. They dont bother about feedback whatsoever. Just wait for next Raid to start, rant will begin, and they will do exac nothing about it as they did last time, same will apply to PVP changes , accuracy changes and CM changes. They dont care what we are saying , whether you're Free to Play(player), low / mid Coiner or Whale. They just dont give a  **** and do what they're best at make your day worse , so you can finally quit game.
    (thats not trolling just sad truth about fact)
  • dave55robinson
    dave55robinson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 178
    i have maybe 12 hours available over this 4 days , if hit down is active no point in participating .
  • Drax
    Drax
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,689
    Secure base...

Why wait you have a problem you have identified the problem you have identified the fix but you wait to implement??? 
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,482
    Joe_B222 said:

except it mirvs when countered..     So if you have a lot of explosive deflection, it would be better to eat the salvo and take the 360 pass through damage.    cause if you counter it you are going to be taking the 3x 10k damage hits.    or 1080 damage.

If you do not have a lot of eplosive resists, you are going to want to counter it, instead of taking the damage.     Makes perfect sense.

sry m8 thier is a problem with your logic the mrv has a very large spread with a very small splash so you will be lucky if you get even 1 hit 
  • Jan Spiegelberg
    Jan Spiegelberg
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 215
    question:

on the one hand you tell us that 1 dark wing cic is enough to boos a whole fleet, on the other hand it has a duplicate aura cap of 3

I mean what use is it, when it only boosts the combatspeed of 3 ships, but then reduces them to keep all ships at the same speed?
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joe_B222 said:

sry m8 thier is a problem with your logic the mrv has a very large spread with a very small splash so you will be lucky if you get even 1 hit 
    My logic is sound..

Spread of 10-15..  that is 4 wall spaces.  
    Splash of 8 base.  With splash boosters, should be plenty.  

• cripple leg dawg
    cripple leg dawg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 336
    chopsy said:
    Leaderboard rewards while probably meant to drive up revenue vs. last raid will only serve to widen the gap between the haves and the have-nots in this game.  One more gift for the whales, one more slap in the face for people who don't throw money at a broken game.  
    everything released now is meant to drive up revenue
    i doubt the top raid players will bite for a free ship they obviously dont need at all
    but it may entice some of the mid raid players to spend more then they wanted to

the effectiveness of this tactic lies in the hand of this group
    will they bite?
    time will tell i guess

let the wallet war begin
  • Scooby4610
    Scooby4610
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 16
    Oh Kix,,really yer gonna go out of yer way to give out 4 howie2's,, wow ,,,  not all the other super turrets that were offered in the Bountys?,,I'm not gonna build a fvcking fleet to do those POS- SSRB  nope  "fancy centurion " costs to much to fix stock,, so i'll help some get the generous offer of 4 howies godamn,, then will be pretty much done with this game ,,oh btw I'll use of the 19 GM too,,thnx for listening  too
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,552
    Four howies is max so if you own two already, you can only get two more.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    question:

on the one hand you tell us that 1 dark wing cic is enough to boos a whole fleet, on the other hand it has a duplicate aura cap of 3

I mean what use is it, when it only boosts the combatspeed of 3 ships, but then reduces them to keep all ships at the same speed?
    Duplicate aura of 3 means you can have up to 3 dark wing auras affecting a single ship. Aura cap is from the receiving ship's perspective, not the aura host's.

To rephrase, you can have up to 3 dark wing CICs per fleet.
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 164

What about those of us who haven't quite gotten all the pen turrets yet? Do we get a chance at those before they are "fixed"?

• PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Bird7007 said:
    Does Reinforced Reactive Armor go straight into retro lab, currently it looks no better than fully retro'd RA3
    You can only use 1 RA3 special though. Reinforced Reactive Armor is a normal armor that you can place more than once assuming you have enough shards
    Reinforced Reactive Armor is not a normal armor, it is a special. The fact that it does not stack with any defense specials is why its viability has been questioned.

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with any limited component shenanigans. 
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,276
    butch1314 said:

What about those of us who haven't quite gotten all the pen turrets yet? Do we get a chance at those before they are "fixed"?

it doesnt matter if u get howie or not and penetrative t7 as they all gonna be useless after update to PVP, they wont even scratch msc nor other t7 hull, thats the kind of way kixeye will balance pvp so that all t7 turrets will be as good as t2 turrets lol. dont waste pts and time on em.
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 415
    Just noticed something. Where are the armors for the new hull? I wasn't playing when the charged armors were given for the buccs and hydras.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance

I am not able to equip the new mortar turret to test builds for some reason. Says I need a lvl 1 intelligence lab, lol. My question is what of the current specials will stick with zinth shells 2. Was going to get my stands set up as much as possible beforehand.

• Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    butch1314 said:

I am not able to equip the new mortar turret to test builds for some reason. Says I need a lvl 1 intelligence lab, lol. My question is what of the current specials will stick with zinth shells 2. Was going to get my stands set up as much as possible beforehand.

we cannot test builds with the turrets like we do the boats.

• butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance

So we are flying blind until we actually redeem the turret and special?

• odysspert.spieler
    odysspert.spieler
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 19
    how would I get stuff from this locked store thing? not that its likely I get enough points but just say I would.
  • gary.hahn.10
    gary.hahn.10
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 75
    Drax said:
    Secure base...

Why wait you have a problem you have identified the problem you have identified the fix but you wait to implement??? 
    I agree, why give cheaters time to undo their base? Ban now don't warn them, proves you are idiots and don't care about fair play!!!
  • RogueJak
    RogueJak
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 27
    Well kix, i must say im not very impressed, i think something you have forgotten is that the lower tier targets are suppose to be not only for new players but returning ones as well, please get rid of this hit down multiplier, also why do you continue to put base tech returning and new players very badly need in the locked store? you say your focus is returning to the players, yet you contradict this by making it hard to catch up without begging for help or coining our buts off.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    butch1314 said:

So we are flying blind until we actually redeem the turret and special?

Use any other T7 turret that you own as a placeholder. The damage may not match up, but at least you can plan out the power consumption. 
  • Shanelee33
    Shanelee33
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 17
    Frustrated that after nearly 2 months of building ONE HULL new components to that hull are still being introduced.  Get it together already.  Thanks
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 297
    chopsy said:
    Leaderboard rewards while probably meant to drive up revenue vs. last raid will only serve to widen the gap between the haves and the have-nots in this game.  One more gift for the whales, one more slap in the face for people who don't throw money at a broken game.  
    Since only the top 5 will get the hull, I'd hardly call that a widening gap.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 297
    Bird7007 said:
    Does Reinforced Reactive Armor go straight into retro lab, currently it looks no better than fully retro'd RA3
    You can only use 1 RA3 special though. Reinforced Reactive Armor is a normal armor that you can place more than once assuming you have enough shards
    The Reinforced Reactive Armor is a limited special.