8.24 Discussion Thread

• Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 883
    Raid meh....secured bases...yea it's about time,really looking forward to that.
    TFC Rocks
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,971
    Where is the prize list should it not be up today as well know it should be floating around here somewhere.

The "Leader Boards" is a good idea has been done in the past however, you are not looking at how many
    bases can be done or points be obtained by the community as a whole. The thing that could make it more
    fun would having "Target Goals" instead of waiting 24 hours why not release the items at the "Markers" on
    the RAID. In the past we have had issues with receiving "Leader Board" prizes how will this RAID be different
    from the others?
    Prize list is in the pinned event briefing thread....

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/736984 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 433
    if pvp is so imbalanced, how did a fleet with 1 posM, 1 impact cr, and 3 msc walk through all my turrets, when i can usually destroy them before they get close? The only thing that then did damage to his fleet was my guard, which never usually sees any action. 
    Either there is no imbalance at all, just bad designs, or it was  a dodgy fleet/player ????
  • Rod Kimble
    Rod Kimble
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 158
    but that like going to the doctor and saying it hurts when I do this and he going to say don't do that. well everyone I come across that I know for fact had double stacked fire support knew it was wrong to do that so just because it was there. wrong is wrong no matter what is in front of you and cant tell me a lvl 98 to 129 player does not know how this game works cheating is cheating no matter how you want to spin it. 
  • kixeyeuser_1420384677122_100006197084984
    kixeyeuser_1420384677122_100006197084984
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 62

So I didn’t get flag last month cuz I got the turrets instead.now you r going to nerf the turrets and u put flag in locked store so doubtful I will get it this time either. Please rethink the locked store.

• GoBigOrGo Home
    GoBigOrGo Home
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 317
    CShapu_the_farm said:
    Your update hiccup just cost me my fangtooth fleet, dudes.
    Working as Intended
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Something like a guaranteed shard drop from each 85 or something, makes it worthwhile to try grinding for a full Caedes
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    2 bad that the new impact cruiser is not being offered.....

It was only first offered in last month's Bounty.  Typically they give it a month or two before offering the top Bounty hulls in the raid.
    Yep, there will be a single version for around 10k points this bounty and after that it will be in raid. That's usually how it goes;
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,351
    Why would you give hackers a week's notice? They will just undo their cheats before next week's update. Then after the banhammer swings, go right back to their bs.
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    This is a permanent guard, just like what was done to prevent people from hacking fleets...
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 17,229
    Ni-Gel said:
    Question on the T8 section of the raid. Are the 100 and 102 tuned for a scattergun/missile fleet respectively? Or can both be done by either fleet alone?
    The 100 and 102 can be done either fleet,  as usual builds and driving styles vary from player to player so results may vary.
  • Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 237
    did i miss something or did kix miss it,no prize cost for the following items-Reinforced chromium armor
                                                                                                                          Reinforced reactive armor
                                                                                                                          Zynthium shells II
                                                                                                                          Zynthium reinforced d5c
                                                                                                                          Catastropic morter 
  • bob.okker
    bob.okker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 200
    Free Caedes for people who already have the fleets to do the raid. Thanks Kixeye, you're really being helpful for those of us without Caedes.
    Agreed people who can that many points dont need Ceades and since you added a target and divided the max points over the 3 T7 targets to a max of 3 milj. points people who win do not need a Ceades but a ban from Kixeye for destroying your game. 

I still find that people who added a lot of energy in getting a Ceades should be allowed to hit 100+ targets and to make all prizes in locked store limited its a hoax that will lead to more customers abandon your game.

So do like you do your update but instead of doing raid twice, think twice before you launch this RAID!
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,351
    The armors are built with shards dropped from 100s and 102s.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Is it possible to get the build/equip times of the new items being released? 

Once the update is finished the ships/specials/weapons will be in the yard to play with, but the new cat mortar can't be played with until its owned - either way, that information would be handy if it was shared in the prize list. 
    I've asked about the build time for the Zyth 2, D5C, and new Cat Mort.  I'll let you know what I find out.
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200
    did i miss something or did kix miss it,no prize cost for the following items-Reinforced chromium armor
                                                                                                                          Zynthium shells II
                                                                                                                          Zynthium reinforced d5c
                                                                                                                          Catastropic morter 
    I had to go looking for them..

they are in the unlocked store

• DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
                                                                                                                          Zynthium shells II
                                                                                                                          Zynthium reinforced d5c
                                                                                                                          Catastropic morter 
    The reinforce reactive armors drop as shards from 100 and 102 targets. Catastrophic mortar is 15M, limit 2. Zynth shells is 10M, Zynth reinforcements is 10M
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

• Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Minor Nuisance
    dont know where your seeing the shards for reactive arm in 100 and 102 and i see no list for the others you mentioned,can a mod look into this please
  • Bird7007
    Bird7007
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1
    Does Reinforced Reactive Armor go straight into retro lab, currently it looks no better than fully retro'd RA3
  • james.sadler.334
    james.sadler.334
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 141
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 6:59PM
    REINFORCEMENTS LEADERBOARD EVENT

pity  its wasted cause ppl already  got this be top 100,,,,shod went back to  top 2 in each secter,,,,,,,,,,,, just my thoughts
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    pity  its wasted cause ppl already  got this be top 100,,,,shod went back to  top 2 in each secter,,,,,,,,,,,, just my thoughts
    Wouldn't mind top 5 of each sector either with the same shard rewards except for each sector. Makes Caedes far more accessible for everyone. Though they'll probably nerf Caedes then
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Laredo said:
    Is it possible to get the build/equip times of the new items being released? 

Once the update is finished the ships/specials/weapons will be in the yard to play with, but the new cat mortar can't be played with until its owned - either way, that information would be handy if it was shared in the prize list. 
    I've asked about the build time for the Zyth 2, D5C, and new Cat Mort.  I'll let you know what I find out.
    Follow up to this:

Catastrophic Mortar: 9d 23 hr 13M
    D5C  5d 6h 43m
    Z Shells 2:  4d 1h 13m

Keep in mind, build time may vary based on officers and R&D level.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Bird7007 said:
    Does Reinforced Reactive Armor go straight into retro lab, currently it looks no better than fully retro'd RA3
    You can only use 1 RA3 special though. Reinforced Reactive Armor is a normal armor that you can place more than once assuming you have enough shards
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• Kim William Harnagel
    Kim William Harnagel
    Minor Nuisance
    ok its been updated finally on cost of said componets

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 605
    If i already have all prizes from the right side, Manticore and toy,s will locked store be opened for me?