8.24 Discussion Thread

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,154
edited 13 Jun 2018, 5:14PM
“Fifteen men on the Dead Man's Chest Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum! Drink and the devil had done for the rest Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!” 
― Robert Louis StevensonTreasure Island

----
Update Thread: Here (<--- Click Link)
Discuss Below
If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
Twitter:  @Major_Rampage
Facebook:  Major Rampage
  • Wayne-Ker
    Wayne-Ker
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 98
    need to add the link :)

www.ahoymearty.co.uk/blueprints-wiki

Direct Link to Support: https://helpcenter.kixeye.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=21877

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,289
    Yay, no weapon refits to my scatter mantis :)
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,858
    I like the idea that you'll be smacking down player bases.

Will banned players be struck from the map?
  • feassco
    feassco
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 39
    so how much coin is kix  giving its players that are legit and lost ship repair times and all that over a know issue they have or the rnd and ship not building fast for the rnd level becuase it locked out
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,421
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 5:25PM
    Prize list for the raid looks pretty good to be honest. I appreciate the lowered cost for tokens this raid.
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,039

Well right off the bat im gonna say WTF 2 targets for the t8. Well their damage better not be as stupid as last raid.

• iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,421
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 5:35PM
    New turret doesn't do enough explosive damage at all, I'm calculating 109k maxed, with turret defense included. If anyone wants to check my math... Edit: 218k if crit
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,289

Well right off the bat im gonna say WTF 2 targets for the t8. Well their damage better not be as stupid as last raid.

But comparing it to last raid, it is now 5 mil per target (if you do both) compared to 4 mil per target last raid.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 234
    Question on the T8 section of the raid. Are the 100 and 102 tuned for a scattergun/missile fleet respectively? Or can both be done by either fleet alone?
    ID: 17244828
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,457
    seems they want to generate more income this way. what a poor method.
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 418
    i'm very concerned at the 2 top tier targets!!!
    You promised we would not need 2 fleets any more. i refitted my scatter to missile, despite wanting the scatter fleet, as one fleet was meant to be good enough going forward.
    Is it just 2 different targets doable by either, but with 2 different shards, or is it trully  a different target for each type of Manticore???? If so, rethink fast, cos that stops many many players getting essential armours and bonuses!
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,858
    Your update hiccup just cost me my fangtooth fleet, dudes.
  • Pirate Val
    Pirate Val
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 74
    2 bad that the new impact cruiser is not being offered.....

• paul.peterson.313
    paul.peterson.313
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 42
    kixeye states they want to help returning players and other catchup in tech but i only see 1 tier7 turret in this raid prize list....i think they are missing out on some coining if other tier 7 turrets were offered in limited store with the howie6...they are a business to make money....and more is better and before next bounty would be great for alot of players who want to spend...just saying my 2 cents...i know i would
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 620
    BAN HAMMER   coming  and  its  about time   lol   this  shud be interesting   

Based on the timelines he mentioned, it sounded like those players have been given a chance to go in and fix their bases before they start the review. 

Which sux. If players have been cheating on their bases they should be banned. 

EXCEPT -- if players built improper bases because the layout editor is crappy and buggy, that's not really the player's fault. If the layout editor allowed them to do it, that is the game's fault, not the player.\

What needs to be done is for the revised, fixed, improved layout editor to be released and the players informed of that. (players INFORMED!!! -- that whole communication issue, remember?)

Then ask all of us to re-validate our bases using the new editor -- give us an incentive to do so.

After everyone's had a chance to re-validate their base layout, THEN go and ban like a madman. 

But given the bugs in the layout designer, I worry that a lot of players could get banned due to no direct fault of their own. 
    Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,457
    well  the quality of the lag seems to be improved anyway. I have again a fleet of flying saucers

:pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 753
    Cat mort2 is a t7 explosive turret so there are two t7 turret types in prize list.
  • Viper Six
    Viper Six
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 210
    Why is the Blunder bust 2 and Vulture 2 turret weapons not offered this raid
    ID#488526 Level 126
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 238
    2 bad that the new impact cruiser is not being offered.....

It was only first offered in last month's Bounty.  Typically they give it a month or two before offering the top Bounty hulls in the raid.
  • lam56
    lam56
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 174
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 6:13PM
    Fortunately for my base I have all 4 howie 6 - unfortunately I was short on points (or shortsighted) and have only 1 blunderbus2. This raid does not offer blunderbus2. Since my tier 7 ballistic turrets will soon become less effective, it is imperative I get a 6th level 7 ballistic turret - could you please add blunderbus2 to the raid prizes. Thank you for your consideration.
  • Kenkyona Shinobi
    Kenkyona Shinobi
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 774
    Where is the prize list should it not be up today as well know it should be floating around here somewhere.

The "Leader Boards" is a good idea has been done in the past however, you are not looking at how many
    bases can be done or points be obtained by the community as a whole. The thing that could make it more
    fun would having "Target Goals" instead of waiting 24 hours why not release the items at the "Markers" on
    the RAID. In the past we have had issues with receiving "Leader Board" prizes how will this RAID be different
    from the others?
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,863
    Is it possible to get the build/equip times of the new items being released? 

Once the update is finished the ships/specials/weapons will be in the yard to play with, but the new cat mortar can't be played with until its owned - either way, that information would be handy if it was shared in the prize list. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....