Medals - Should they be removed?

Zero Calling
Zero Calling
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,149
Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

Medals - Should they be removed? 29 votes

Yes, it should be removed(state your reason)
55%
Zero CallingFat ChickensJonnyd1TaruKitsuneshyva primeGalderXSexy FoxyBatteryChuckerMantisTobogganMDjumpmaster01kix_suksMRKY06jaredfioriFreeMann2018KaminaJihaPhantom Protector 16 votes
No, it should be kept in game(state your reason)
37%
Todd7123Kristo58ElyxSirLanceloTMaster of Warringqian5683Daniel CableErsha66Felix ElskeossocdospacemaddogLinkq22 11 votes
No comment/Not sure
6%
treecats97michaljaros 2 votes
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 709
    medals are nothing but a **** measuring exercise.

before the rampant medal cheating began, they actually meant something but now they are meaningless so they have no value and kixeye will not do anything with or about them
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader

before the rampant medal cheating began, they actually meant something but now they are meaningless so they have no value and kixeye will not do anything with or about them
    Erm, you've not voted. I noticed.

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 709
    Willyster said:

Erm, you've not voted. I noticed.
    did not vote as none of the choices really fitted in with my answer because until they actually mean something then there is nothing to do with or about them
  • Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,074

Keep in game as some players value them which causes pain when you relocate their medals.

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • jaredfiori
    jaredfiori
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 170

There’s no point for them anymore

PEW PEW
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 311
    Bank Sistem and Coalition from Big Alliance have make medal sistem a total Sh...
    ....they do not respect the real Level Sistem of an Alliance real Power, but only the alliance whit a better BANK SYSTEM !

- Mascotte of N0VA - Italia -
  • Collin Leung
    Collin Leung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 332

does it matter?

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 270
    Medals should be turned in a currency like blood amber. While attacks from same alliance should not award any medal.
    And fvf combats should award medals too, but restricted by levels, the higher is the gap in levels than the opponent, worse is the reward. In that way trolling is less profitable, while enphasizing challenges (trying to stay same level of bases/fleet to be awarded 100% (at 3 stars) of the medal prize instead of 35 or 20% (yeah it's a nerf but we all stated that medal hunting is no more challenging and require no skill)
  • ElyxSirLanceloT
    ElyxSirLanceloT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 78
    This is a retarded poll anyway.
    Medals are important part of the game mechanics. 
  • Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader
    This is a retarded poll anyway.
    Medals are important part of the game mechanics. 
    Explain how it is important when it has no use at all.

• Zero Calling
    Zero Calling
    Incursion Leader

does it matter?

If it doesn't matter to you, then don't post this in the first place.

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 335
    For me, medals are like the battleship Legion ship ... everyone can have it, but they are useless
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • Kristo58
    Kristo58
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 119
    mmm 1 medal = 0,1base defence bonus max 
    ID 6520574    Sagittarius
  • KaminaJiha
    KaminaJiha
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 46
    Just a little background on myself, been playing Vega for years. I'm going to share my experience throughout the years when it comes to medals. It's a little bit of a read (you can skip to my reason if short on time) but I hope through my eyes it gives a reasonable explanation:

1st Year: It showed how powerful you were as a person and an alliance. Everyone was pretty much crazy for them, WARS were created because of meds being stolen. RAIDS was based on drying out opponents meds and res. Back around 2014/15, if u had around 300+ meds and were able to hold that amount, you'd instantly be seen as force to be reckoned with...well at least an illusion of intimidation to lower lvl players. Back when ICU, GOAT, IF and all them shenanigans were top, meds were pretty much the entry point to joining high ranking alliances. When i started playing, my goal was to pretty much conquer a whole sector through owning planets with my alliance. And for a young alliance ranking in the 300 we ended up owning an aprox of 15ish planets if not more. Back a couple years, meds actually meant something, it gave your status in vega. Alliances strove to rank top 100, to take over a sector, to own planets, how things have changed...

2nd Year: Other than drama, meds were pretty much the reason for wars. But once some sectors merged or got shut down, coalitions were formed and 'medal banks' were taking advantage over more than ever. I lost interest in the quest for obtaining a high amount of medals since it was a waste of my time. However, obtaining meds from much bigger players/alliances than yourself gave a little bit of a rush, an adrenaline to fight. So underdog alliances would take on coalitions, to steal their medals to show their strength. Thus a reason meds were okay at this time.

3rd Year: Meds have no incentive whatsoever. Before it was about owning the most amount to show power, dominance and pride. Now its just kinda lame i guess, since no one really fights AND Players are slowly starting to realise there was never any value in these things and if a player really wanted to obtain a large amount, it would be easy to do so overnight...and vise versa. 

4th Year: Why do meds even exist? they have no actual benefit other than status in the game. But what is status when the game is about having fun? who cares what ranking alliance you are in or how many pixels you own. To show true worth, its about how you fly and qualities shown in the battlefield with your enemies and friends. The way the game is going, alliances don't really contest over top rank as they use to and owning a planet has no benefit other than having your name stamped on it for a few hours. Even then, tons of players own planets so why feel special?

My Reason: i say yes in removing them because; in former games played, things like 'medals' were extremely rewarding and did have many benefits in obtaining them. These former games were in tune with the ranking system and rewarded not only top 10 alliances, but up to 50/100/250/500 ranked alliances generously (other games didn't just give the top dogs special treatment). But in vega this is clearly not the case. Come on people, your fighting over pixels that add no benefit to your ships or base whatsoever. I think the only value in medals is Alliance rank....but as a player who has been in alliances in the top 30 many times, it really, Really loses its novelty after awhile. There's nothing special up their kids, just more drama and rep time.
    Medals should have been something worth fighting for. Everyone has them. You don't feel unique owning them. People can give them away for free. Its a pathetic way to show player worth which hasn't really been worked for. Some players ask, "does it really matter"...well vega could be an entirely better and rewarding game if the medal system was fixed...think about that for a sec.
    I say yes to removing the current medal system (which has never changed). But would say otherwise if it actually was worth having in the first place! 
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 335
    Resultado de imagen de hes right you know

I could never have expressed it better, the medals are useless, they do not serve for your base, neither for ships, nor for construction, nor for repair, therefore, what is the point of continuing to use them?

image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 270
    edited 15 Jun 2018, 9:19AM
    Sorry Freemann but then everything comes to these questions
    1. Why do you play vega?
    2. It's a game that rewards players in any manner for their skill or time invested?
    3. It's a game with tournaments or championship in which pvp is enphatized and leads the player to better themselves?
    4. It's a game fun to play?
    5. Are you satisfied after any in-game purchase?
    6. Kixeye is a company that listens to its customers and care about future of its own games?
    I fear in the end we are all focktards that waste their lives, time, future and money D:

Game it's years at a Dead point and you should had a hint of that if players gave importance or a purpose to something it hasn't any. Making their own game within the game, giving zero focks to the company will.
  • KaminaJiha
    KaminaJiha
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 46
    Its a little difficult to interpret what your trying to imply here:
    Ersha66 said:
    Sorry Freemann but then everything comes to these questions
    1. Why do you play vega?
    Like 99.9% of people in this forum, players like war games -fighting is an element in this genre. Its obvious people enjoy the fighting aspect whether it be PVP or PVE. Being in space and having the opportunity to play on phone captures that niche market. The social aspect is probably why players get hooked onto the game...
    Ersha66 said:

2. It's a game that rewards players in any manner for their skill or time invested?
    3. It's a game with tournaments or championship in which pvp is enphatized and leads the player to better themselves?
    2) yes and yes. put in a few hours a week and you got yourself a arsenal of fleets at your disposal. Got better flying skills than everyone else? guess that is a reward in itself knowing you can beat players in a fair match up.
    3) ???'enphatized'??? put time into events and you will become better at the game (prizes, loot, better ships, etc etc)
    Ersha66 said:

4. It's a game fun to play?
    4) Why do you play the game lol
    Ersha66 said:

5. Are you satisfied after any in-game purchase?
    5) If you really enjoy a game, the amount of money you have isn't a problem. Like smokers, you'll always find away to pool money into something your addicted to (or enjoy). I'm guessing people who spend their money are satisfied or else they wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.
    Ersha66 said:

6. Kixeye is a company that listens to its customers and care about future of its own games?
    6) I don't see how this has any relation to OP's poll request. But depending on the amount of responses and well given reasoning people in the forum give, there can be a chance kixeye will listen to what players have to say.
    Ersha66 said:

I fear in the end we are all focktards that waste their lives, time, future and money D:
    Why do you play games? Even better question....why do people play games xD? If your not happy spending money, it's no brainer to simply stop.
    Ersha66 said:

Game it's years at a Dead point and you should had a hint of that if players gave importance or a purpose to something it hasn't any. Making their own game within the game, giving zero focks to the company will.
    As mentioned above. its really difficult what your trying to make out here. From what i can understand, your saying kixeye put the medal system into the game for there to be a game?
    IMO i still think there is still a great game without the medals aspect. But could be better if the system was revised.

Your point: You say 'no' to the poll (to keep medals in game), yet you complain about their usefulness and how it should be revised:
    Ersha66 said:
    Medals should be turned in a currency like blood amber. While attacks from same alliance should not award any medal.
    And fvf combats should award medals too, but restricted by levels, the higher is the gap in levels than the opponent, worse is the reward. In that way trolling is less profitable, while enphasizing challenges (trying to stay same level of bases/fleet to be awarded 100% (at 3 stars) of the medal prize instead of 35 or 20% (yeah it's a nerf but we all stated that medal hunting is no more challenging and require no skill)
    You can't have cake and eat it too...

My point is: i'd rather have a updated or a revised version of the current medal system which gives benefits to players, oppose to having the current medal system now which offers nothing other than pride of having....pretty much nothing. Not trying to change your opinion, but better to say 'yes' (it should be removed) to the poll and hope kixeye revise the medal system, rather than being content with a crappy medal system and kixeye not doing anything...catch my drift?
  • Jonnyd1
    Jonnyd1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 108
    Just a little background on myself, been playing Vega for years. I'm going to share my experience throughout the years when it comes to medals. It's a little bit of a read (you can skip to my reason if short on time) but I hope through my eyes it gives a reasonable explanation:

1st Year: It showed how powerful you were as a person and an alliance. Everyone was pretty much crazy for them, WARS were created because of meds being stolen. RAIDS was based on drying out opponents meds and res. Back around 2014/15, if u had around 300+ meds and were able to hold that amount, you'd instantly be seen as force to be reckoned with...well at least an illusion of intimidation to lower lvl players. Back when ICU, GOAT, IF and all them shenanigans were top, meds were pretty much the entry point to joining high ranking alliances. When i started playing, my goal was to pretty much conquer a whole sector through owning planets with my alliance. And for a young alliance ranking in the 300 we ended up owning an aprox of 15ish planets if not more. Back a couple years, meds actually meant something, it gave your status in vega. Alliances strove to rank top 100, to take over a sector, to own planets, how things have changed...

2nd Year: Other than drama, meds were pretty much the reason for wars. But once some sectors merged or got shut down, coalitions were formed and 'medal banks' were taking advantage over more than ever. I lost interest in the quest for obtaining a high amount of medals since it was a waste of my time. However, obtaining meds from much bigger players/alliances than yourself gave a little bit of a rush, an adrenaline to fight. So underdog alliances would take on coalitions, to steal their medals to show their strength. Thus a reason meds were okay at this time.

3rd Year: Meds have no incentive whatsoever. Before it was about owning the most amount to show power, dominance and pride. Now its just kinda lame i guess, since no one really fights AND Players are slowly starting to realise there was never any value in these things and if a player really wanted to obtain a large amount, it would be easy to do so overnight...and vise versa. 

4th Year: Why do meds even exist? they have no actual benefit other than status in the game. But what is status when the game is about having fun? who cares what ranking alliance you are in or how many pixels you own. To show true worth, its about how you fly and qualities shown in the battlefield with your enemies and friends. The way the game is going, alliances don't really contest over top rank as they use to and owning a planet has no benefit other than having your name stamped on it for a few hours. Even then, tons of players own planets so why feel special?

My Reason: i say yes in removing them because; in former games played, things like 'medals' were extremely rewarding and did have many benefits in obtaining them. These former games were in tune with the ranking system and rewarded not only top 10 alliances, but up to 50/100/250/500 ranked alliances generously (other games didn't just give the top dogs special treatment). But in vega this is clearly not the case. Come on people, your fighting over pixels that add no benefit to your ships or base whatsoever. I think the only value in medals is Alliance rank....but as a player who has been in alliances in the top 30 many times, it really, Really loses its novelty after awhile. There's nothing special up their kids, just more drama and rep time.
    Medals should have been something worth fighting for. Everyone has them. You don't feel unique owning them. People can give them away for free. Its a pathetic way to show player worth which hasn't really been worked for. Some players ask, "does it really matter"...well vega could be an entirely better and rewarding game if the medal system was fixed...think about that for a sec.
    I say yes to removing the current medal system (which has never changed). But would say otherwise if it actually was worth having in the first place! 
    We were rewarded for medals at one point when the alliance feature was implemented but we will never see those days again. It must have cost kix a fortune rewarding every player in the top 10 clans in that event. If i remember the number one clan had 10k in coins each so roughly about $7k but won't happen again due to the cost on kix's side and the medal banks