What do you think of the Altairian Sovereign Carrier?

Willyster
Willyster
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 779
edited 11 Jun 2018, 7:50AM
We all know that the Sovereign Carrier has just been released, and that most coiners already have it at MK V.

So, what's your opinion on the Sovereign Carrier, in general?

Additional note: If this gets flagged, I will not look at this thread.

What do you think of the Altairian Sovereign Carrier? 48 votes

Oh, it's great!
33%
GDIAXJunren-JSRyantheRedTaruKitsuneEwigkeit79shyva primeMaster of WarringMantisTobogganMDVoidMastersiddsmossocdoMRKY06santidnsST HuangimbiotechSilvershade_77 16 votes
Nah, it sucks.
6%
EQUINOX 600henzo31Florian Viets 3 votes
Eh, it is too overpowered!
37%
Fat ChickensTeyshanmajim.sarusduane.farthingKristo58A.L.I.E.NStarchaser2014PhantomRangerDoooM4UipevacErsha66googleno2Synexordzxhahahahakix_suks97michaljarosAcet KauRibeyrolles 18 votes
No comment/Don't know
22%
WillystertreecatsSexy FoxyBatteryChuckerMateoskiAletheidesFelix ElskeDaniel RoseGary Pollocka1226844436Infinity EIC 11 votes
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 549
    Oh, it's great!
    i find it to be great .
    finally a true offensive tool which you can ( hopefully ) build to suit your needs , compared to previous carrier which basically only were used with the agility support field .
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,733
    No comment/Don't know
    Mine isnt built yet so cant say if its any good yet. But on paper it looks quite interesting due to its versatility. And finally something that can be used as a front line combat ship if one wish.
  • Cowboybeebop
    Cowboybeebop
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 119
    like sucking a big black ****, some will love it, some will fear it/
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 294
    No comment/Don't know
    I don't Know, why call "Carrier" a GIGANTIC CORVETTE :D o:)
    - Mascotte of N0VA - Italia -
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 894
    Fail, kixeye didnt like players having the agility  field, to many ways to avoid damage, now forced to take it. ALso VS NPCs we now have no defense,  previously we used a supressor or such vs squadrons, the  beam is just another unavoidable damage mechanic

Lets see...
    The over drive could also be so much better,
    -increase missile speed? when is that going to help?
    -Higher shield dmg? not  useful when hulls have 20k plus H Pand take additional 75% dmg vs any other damage type other than its -primary defense so they drop fast any way, the point?
    -counter pierece? the point?
    -counter chain, ok maybe decent

Seems they just throw a bunch of modifiers together to make it look great, but reality they dont do much

why not, our ships receive a speed boost when activate,  useful, but not included...

again a lot of wasted potential where kixeye  fell flat.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Oh, it's great!
    Fail, kixeye didnt like players having the agility  field, to many ways to avoid damage, now forced to take it. ALso VS NPCs we now have no defense,  previously we used a supressor or such vs squadrons, the  beam is just another unavoidable damage mechanic

Lets see...
    The over drive could also be so much better,
    -increase missile speed? when is that going to help?
    -Higher shield dmg? not  useful when hulls have 20k plus H Pand take additional 75% dmg vs any other damage type other than its -primary defense so they drop fast any way, the point?
    -counter pierece? the point?
    -counter chain, ok maybe decent

Seems they just throw a bunch of modifiers together to make it look great, but reality they dont do much

why not, our ships receive a speed boost when activate,  useful, but not included...

again a lot of wasted potential where kixeye  fell flat.
    Overdrive is great :

Shield defense +10% : allow you to have 0 damage as long as enemy doesn't have shield bypass , and eeve reduce the efgeveffe of the shield bypass

Regen delay 0 : allow a constant regen of the shield with synergies very well with the shield defense , allow the carrier to tank massive amount of damage

Counter chain + Pierce : allow the carrier to be a first line attack ship

Weapon speed 50% : is always welcome , allow eclipse drive to have near 100% hit chance , can also be very useful with destroyer or any long range weapon , works great event with ship like enforcer.

Shield defense of fleet 5% : again , reduce the effectiveness of shield bypass giving you less repair , nice

Shield damage 100% boost : massive boost , allowing you to make quick work of the very shield heavy Altarian ship or PvE target .

So yeah saying it doesn't do much is just not true , I love this overdrive generator.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Strike-force Captain
    when you have 3 ships in the field, they are close enough you dont need speed to hit them so ya
    allow ship to be first in line? for what massive damage?

As stated enemy shields drop fast enough we  dont need shield damage, we need HULL damage...
    counter pierce still useless

You know what  reduces repair?  avoiding taking  damage in the first place,i mean  does that  make sense?

and zero damage as long as enemies dont have  bypass?  lol they always have by pass,are we playing the same game?
  • imbiotech
    imbiotech
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 137
    edited 12 Jun 2018, 1:17AM
    Oh, it's great!
    Surely great.

It can beat more target than same DPS paladin, cuz there is no drone.

Actually, no more tyrunt LOL.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Oh, it's great!
    when you have 3 ships in the field, they are close enough you dont need speed to hit them so ya
    allow ship to be first in line? for what massive damage?

As stated enemy shields drop fast enough we  dont need shield damage, we need HULL damage...
    counter pierce still useless

You know what  reduces repair?  avoiding taking  damage in the first place,i mean  does that  make sense?

and zero damage as long as enemies dont have  bypass?  lol they always have by pass,are we playing the same game?
    "for what massive damage?"

it will take less damage for the same damage fired at it , and it's the most resistant ship currently in the game

"we  dont need shield damage, we need HULL damage."

say that again once your bastion fleet with xeno epsilon is facing bastion with xeno shell , it still double the damage to shield , that something i'll take 

"You know what  reduces repair?  avoiding taking  damage in the first place"

or focus your repair on a ship that get less of it when fired at , and let the other ship do the damage , in PvP of course
    in PvE you don't need to get shot at , i mean , does that make any sense to you ? :)

"zero damage as long as enemies dont have  bypass?"

as long as the bestion doesn't activate it's overdrive , the epsilon has no bypass , so that already plenty of damage that will cause 0 repair , same goes for sai missile , or even for all the carrier drone / weapon . 

and yes as far as i'm aware we are playing the same game , but i'm looking at the possibility given by the carrier rather than just crying over no agility field 
  • sebastian.kubanczyk
    sebastian.kubanczyk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 50

so... what should i arm my new carrier?

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Strike-force Captain

doesnt  matter much,will have to refit later when squads come and the xeno laser beam, and i suspect a possible combo overdrive/agility field
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 779
    No comment/Don't know

doesnt  matter much,will have to refit later when squads come and the xeno laser beam, and i suspect a possible combo overdrive/agility field
    Xeno Cyclotron Beam has already been released. It was given to the top 10 DOOMSDAY Bounty Hunters.
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 228
    needs at least 9000m combat range, to compete with other carriers and to do the dragoons in the marauder fleets.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Oh, it's great!
    needs at least 9000m combat range, to compete with other carriers and to do the dragoons in the marauder fleets.
    8000m is more range than any destroyer can achieve already.
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 294
    No comment/Don't know
    This is the "Yellow Carrier Weapon" ..... RED and BLUE ..are coming i Think..... and the Corvette Too....
    - Mascotte of N0VA - Italia -
  • krklapwijk
    krklapwijk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 116
    Sexy Foxy said:
    This is the "Yellow Carrier Weapon" ..... RED and BLUE ..are coming i Think..... and the Corvette Too....
    There was only 1 yellow Mercury beam for DC season, there is a chance we won't see another weapon.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Oh, it's great!
    As far as I know from game files.
    There is only 1 weapon with 3 version ( lvl 1 , lvl 2 , and Xeno )

Other than that there is the classic drone with projectile, explosive , energy and Xeno damage 
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Strike-force Captain
    As far as I know from game files.
    There is only 1 weapon with 3 version ( lvl 1 , lvl 2 , and Xeno )

Other than that there is the classic drone with projectile, explosive , energy and Xeno damage 
    More will, come forcing refits to be optimal,  this is the kixeye way

also good luck getting the Xeno one, that are only in mothership 120s, and only grant 15fragments...