Double attack

hatedbreed1
hatedbreed1
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 69

So basically we get messed over now even with %100 damage to our base we can be hit again and lose infamy twice this cool down is garbage I understand if it is your alliance member but to let 2 of my enemies get infamy off me back to back is total garbage

• kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 646
    Learn to work around it.  
  • Raubhautz
    Raubhautz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 76
    Two?! Already seen it happen 4x to one player! Heard rumors happened as many times as 6x to some poor fool.
  • Ratzzz
    Ratzzz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 200
    work around it?? You mean more ring of fire?? Yeah, that helped game play lol

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,699
    The main reasoning for this change according to kixeye was to reduce the usage of friendly bubbles in WC. This was done by allowing players who recently popped the bubble to be a wide open target for a short period of time (10 minutes).

In my opinion, it adds an additional layer to the game as popping a bubble will be more like a give and take game as if you pop the bubble, you are aware that it cannot return to receiving a damage protection until 10 minutes after your damage protection has been removed. You can either use the option to wait for your damage protection to run out in order to avoid being farmed or to pop it in order to utilize the element of surprise in order to get an advantage.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 734
    It is the best change for many years, all these cry baby frubblers / 69ers and ring of fireres all crying rivers of tears, its just pure perfection! 
  • Case Dynamics
    Case Dynamics
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 217
    it sucks till you get to hit somebody 3-4 times i in a row lol. My only complaint is losing infamy for buggy. i think if infamy should be lost, it should reflect value or total health of platoon.
  • UNGIDO2015
    UNGIDO2015
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 7
    This game is not fun since they began to aquire the chain of fire, in my personal opinion very respectuse I say that this game ended up being interesting, for me and ended, warcomander came to an end. thanks for everything.
  • john fred
    john fred
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 5
    Go to a 3 day lay over every jump  unless jumper coins.   all will gain from this  if u stop and think about it
  • Joeybagadoughnuts
    Joeybagadoughnuts
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,417
    edited 11 Jun 2018, 3:22AM

So basically we get messed over now even with %100 damage to our base we can be hit again and lose infamy twice this cool down is garbage I understand if it is your alliance member but to let 2 of my enemies get infamy off me back to back is total garbage

2 times all you hit they you licked out , LOL we been aspgrapeing  dudes that used to circlejerk in our sector  4 and 5 hits per pop LOL
  • kixeyeuser_179211453_4098_3183176
    kixeyeuser_179211453_4098_3183176
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 2
    this cooldown on damage protection is the solution for 69'ers  player hit and run, this is a good move of kixeye i have no problem about it
  • Peter Duncan
    Peter Duncan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 60
    I understand that the theory behind the 10 minute free for all, but I would suggest that it may well prove not to be the solution to the perceived problem.
    Where I have an issue with it, is if I am bubbled and invaders come to our sector and start attacking my clan, normally I would pop and defend. Now , knowing  that my base is going to be ravaged for 10 mins, and there's nothing I can do about it, plus I'll be unable to deploy any more toons, to replace any that get killed, I'm thinking I'll be more inclined to just sit in my bubble.
    Surely that isn't the direction you want WC going?

• drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,014
    well we have been asking for more pvp and other ways to fight other kinds of players  so yeah   its something to take in mind when doing hits now 
  • Ratzzz
    Ratzzz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 200
    This will not increase PvP, this will encourage people to stay in bubbles. Just because a base is hit multiple times in 10 mins, that is not an increase in PvP that is just click and repeat, no skill in that.

• Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 538
    We need to be allowed to deploy more toons while we are being attacked, so in those 10 minutes I can also hit enemy bases.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • Raubhautz
    Raubhautz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 76
    edited 11 Jun 2018, 4:02PM
    Axel L said:
    The main reasoning for this change according to kixeye was to reduce the usage of friendly bubbles in WC. This was done by allowing players who recently popped the bubble to be a wide open target for a short period of time (10 minutes).

In my opinion, it adds an additional layer to the game as popping a bubble will be more like a give and take game as if you pop the bubble, you are aware that it cannot return to receiving a damage protection until 10 minutes after your damage protection has been removed. You can either use the option to wait for your damage protection to run out in order to avoid being farmed or to pop it in order to utilize the element of surprise in order to get an advantage.
    Hi Axel, there is absolutely no disrespect to your person in this response, however, I do have issues with it, in part:

1. "...reduce the friendly bubbles in WC..." lol - This is an issue from time eternal! Just now it is being addressed?? This was a HUGE factor in my decision to taking a 2.5+ year hiatus from the game. I am glad to see that the issue is being visited, as it should be, and IMHO, BOTH players in involved in this skulduggery should be punished, not just the main account. (Yes, we all know that many of these protective bubbles are, in-fact, just player's alt accounts administering the dirty)

2. "...This was done by allowing players who recently popped the bubble to be a wide open target for a short period of time..."  ROFLOL! Please help me understand this logic. Player's receiving the protective bubble are doing so to protect their main (usually main account, but could be other...) from not only damage/repair, but Infamy, resources and at specific events in game play, Honor. A player doing this IS NOT the player who will pop a bubble to jump back into the fray?! NEVER, EVER! The only players this is seeming to punish (greatly even) are those that are on sentry duty for the sector/clan and need to pop the bubble in order to send platoons to help protect other players in their sector (clan, FL, or just whatever other sector bases that need protecting from invading bases). So, the only players I see suffering from this are the ones who are devoted players to the Sector looking out to protect friendly bases in the area. This resolution makes no sense to the issue at hand. Again, the ones who self-bubble are not going to break that bubble anytime soon, they just came from some sort of attacking mission and expect some of their victims may come calling for retribution.

3. One suggestion is that ONLY Bases breaking the bubble that are NOT in their Home sector have this type of punishment applied. I realize that this still does not address the self-bubbling issue, but would provide an interesting aspect to the game for attackers; even big bully accounts would be subject to the occasional defeat (and risk of losing Infamy/Honor) to lowers that they attack. Also for consideration, though I see potential issues with it as well, is to impart this 10m rule only to Bases which have returned with a bubble from another sector (from some farming run, or such thing); so, whether the base came back bubbled or not, if it garners a bubble right away (like I have witnessed while chasing down an attacker I missed by minutes), it would be subject to such imposition. Far from perfect, but would follow the intent of the implementation, not punish players who just trying to defend their sector.

Those are my primary issues with the post. Now, understand  that I would LOVE to see something put in place to prevent these self-bubblers (this includes all forms of protective bubbles, alt accounts, clans and in some case, other players who accept the mission within the sector). I do not see an easy way to administer this matter, tbh. It would have to come from your end, that is you all have the data to determine when some players are using the same (or related) IP address and are likely the same player, and even if not, one who has something invested in that account(s), same or similar email addresses, etc.

In any case,thank you for your time.
    Cheers

PS -- As an afterthought, another suggestion that would likely help reduce some attackers from protecting themselves or what not is offered here:

a. Bases arriving from other sectors in a bubble CANNOT break that bubble for some set period of time, period.
    b. Bases arriving from other sectors without a bubble gain that 'feature' for a set period of time. Probably longer than 10m would be required, otherwise the alt/fl/clan members would just wit 10 and do the deed. This option would also force aggressive players to consider their tactics when invading other sectors. IDK, just tossing out ideas.

• kixeyeuser_716367123_17924_5130273
    kixeyeuser_716367123_17924_5130273
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 408
    it sucks till you get to hit somebody 3-4 times i in a row lol. My only complaint is losing infamy for buggy. i think if infamy should be lost, it should reflect value or total health of platoon.

Guy random hit my toon, I hit his base 15 times with 2 dc's !
  • rick.hersom
    rick.hersom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 179
    CyberToad said:
    You are in a Protective Defensive bubble and you pop that bubble and you now know that you can not get another bubble for 10 minutes.  Why pop the bubble if you are not able to defend the base?  If your not ready to defend your base I would suggest to not pop.  In the mean time why not ask Kixeye for some help with this issue and suggest that if a player repeatedly attacks a base that can no longer be protected that they only lose the first attacks worth of infamy.   Suggestions are always welcome to make the game better.  

If you say my suggestion is to remove the 10m time for no bubble, that one has already been suggested. 
    This latest change is going to increase Infamy farming and will in fact force people to stay in their protective bubble during the 10 minute cool down period. Where in the past if I were sitting in a bubble and Invaders attacked my sector I would immediately attack back. Now because of the prospect of being hit multiple times and losing Infamy each time I will more than likely choose not to fight and remain in my bubble. This will have a negative impact on PVP for sure.
  • Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 422

I don't understand. Some guy flat me and then 1 minute later flat me again and I didn't leave my base?

Can someone explain this new rule to me?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Dubhead said:

I don't understand. Some guy flat me and then 1 minute later flat me again and I didn't leave my base?

Can someone explain this new rule to me?

The new rule says that you cannot receive a new damage protection from a PvP attack within 10 minutes of you popping your damage protection by performing a PvP attack. If someone attacks you and destroys your base to at least 50% within these 10 minutes, you won't receive a damage protection and the player or any other player can attack your base again.
  • Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior

Oh so its because I popped my bubble 2 mins b4 he hit me first time..

**** I need to be more devious

• SoloKnight1
    SoloKnight1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 120
    This is probably the best change to the game that kix has done in some time. It has gone a long way to save pvp.
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,348
    edited 11 Jun 2018, 9:38PM
    THE NEW rule need to change level 39 are getting beat by all level who can destory there base BRING BACK INSTANT HEALING ON BASE AND PLATOON AND THE ROAD MAY BE BIRGHTER BUT UNTIL BASE FULLY HEAL AND TOON FULLY HEAL IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT LEVEL YOU ARE you base can be easily destoryed after 1 100% bubble GAME TEAM LISTEN TO PLAYER YOU WILL LOSE MORE PLAYER TO THIS CHANGE AND COINING FOR WHAT TO HAVE ALL INFAMY REMOVED BEOFRE YOU CAN HIT MORE BASE YEAH HAHAHAHA A joke OF A GAME DESIGN NOW DAY THE WOLVES OF THE GAME HAVE BECOME PREY AND GAME IS CHANGING TO KEEP THEM FEEDING 

ONLY KIXEYE GAME WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THIS BE SET UP FOR A LEVEL 39 TO LOSE 800 INFAMY AND GAIN 150 MAYBE 220 AND YOU CALL THIS FAIR THIS IS WHAT ALL PLAYER ALL LEVEL EXPERIENCE IN GAME PLAY TODAY 9PVP IS BROKEN REOMVOE FROM GAME PATHETIC NEW RULES AND TIME DELAY HUH GET REAL KIXEYE)
  • hatedbreed1
    hatedbreed1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 69

Ok I didn’t pop and didn’t receive a bubble when I got %100 damage yet I was hit right after so it’s a bs approach to a problem I didn’t have to begin with lol but oh well

• Dubhead
    Dubhead
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 12 Jun 2018, 7:21PM

:'( :'(

• Ali.Abbas46
    Ali.Abbas46
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    edited 12 Jun 2018, 7:31PM
    @CyberToadAxel L i points being made'' why pop youre bubble if youre not willing to defend it'' this would make sence if the timer the bubble runs would be a equal time. (english not my native so dont know exact words) in other words currently we have the timer for 1 day and 12 hours when 2 star or higher. if you look at this logicly most players are online at almost the same times (for example im always on around 11:00 till bout 15:00) with those 12 hours 1 way or another you always end up running out of bubble naturally when you are 1: not online because work or other reasons or2: youre sleeping. 

in my eyes if kixeye wants to make theyre arguement ''why pop if youre not willing to defend'' they should at least change the max damage protection time to either 1 day or 2 days. 
  • CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 222
    Axel L said:

This does nothing to reduce the 69'ing of bases. Instead of the player getting a friendly bubble, he now has one of his friends simply hold his base for 2 attacks which is 12 Min. while he runs around bubbling bases or until the timer resets so he can get a friendly bubble.

This change has done NOTHING to solve the problem of 69's
    I may be a Low Level...But Im definitely not new :-)
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:

This does nothing to reduce the 69'ing of bases. Instead of the player getting a friendly bubble, he now has one of his friends simply hold his base for 2 attacks which is 12 Min. while he runs around bubbling bases or until the timer resets so he can get a friendly bubble.

This change has done NOTHING to solve the problem of 69's
    It may not be the perfect solution but it do still open up the opportunity for a base to be bubbled by another player as the platoons can be sniped. On the other hand, I do agree that this fix is far from perfect when it comes to solving the problem. The 2 most effective solutions is that the player will lose infamy from every single bubble and that platoon attacks will award infamy.
  • HEISENBERG_NL1
    HEISENBERG_NL1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 579
    War commander is my favorite game, my only game beside some Clash of clans log ons when im absolutly bored. Its a great game WC, i love it still despite all the bs hickups of the last few years. But ill drop some truth here: it aint **** compared to other games. And it might get a Backyard monsters treatment pretty soon... Let me explain.

War commander has 96000 monthly users according to Facebook. Lets just take that number as the max users of the game. The Kixeye site now dropped below 30k, but that includes their other games. So lets make it a 100k even give or take. That aint ****! It defeats vega conflict, wich i think is also on mobile and sits at 59k according to Facebook. Wile the old Facebook version of Backyard monsters sits at a measely 21k. So they look strong right? Wrong! Almost forgot battle pirates wich sits at 61k...

The number 1 Kixeye game is: War Commander Rogue assault. With a staggering 686k montly users its Kixeye,s main game. If you ask me its crap, but thats just my opinion. Kixeye has a different opinion though. Kixeye will go for mobile gaming. Will Harbin, the CEO of the game is clear in what he wants to do. Mobile gaming has all the revenue. You can see his point of view on the subject in this interview he did: https://medium.com/@willharbin/machine-learning-isnt-just-a-buzzword-34b650a756a9

And he is right, i dont blame him or Kixeye at all. Mobile gaming just makes a lot more money. And a CEO of a business... Well, he has to make money. And the mobile version of War Comander makes at least 7 times more then the pc version we all love to play. In the hayday of War Commander the game made 200 million profit, this was in 2012. And we where talking about a million users back then if i remember correctly. So you could say this company fell from grace, the most used game not even topping their 2012 all time high. They still do ok though. Lets take a rough estimate and say all users use 1 dollar a month in all Kixeye games. Lets just go for a million users, wich is about right.

Thats 12 million a year, you can run a game for that kind of money. 12 million being a pretty low estimate. So lets say 20 million max revenue, right? Most of that comes from War commander Rogue assault, at least 70% roughly. The rest is divided between the other games. So what does War commander make? 3,4 or 5 million tops? If that at all. Who doesnt say WCRA doesnt make 90%? Or 80? My math might be off, im just using estimates here. For the sake of the argument lets take the highest number of 5 million. Correct me if my math is off, but it cant be that much more.

Whats 5 million? Supercell, the creator of Clash of clans and Clash royale and other games made a 900 million profit last year. a 180 times more then War Commander. Now are those games better then War commander? In my opinion: NO! But my opinion doesnt matter at all. The opinion of a gaming company does matter. And that opinion is based on revenue. If you read the article you allready know what the CEO thinks right? And he is right, i would follow the same path if in his shoes.. Kixeye is a dwarf compared to Supercell. And im not even talking other giants of online games. Fortnite made 223 million in march alone. And to me its a stupid game. They have 40 million monthly users...

All im saying is Kixeye is a dwarf in online gaming. They had a peak once and looked promising. And they got with the program trying with rogue assault. I guess they are doing ok now. But in the greater sceme of things.... They are a nobody. And in that nobody space your favorite game is number 2 by a mile or 7. Bottom line War commander aint ****! We can probably be happy that its the way it is. But dont be surprised if it goes the backyard monsters track. 

If i was CEO i would milk it for what it got and then cut it off. I have a feeling Will Harbin will do just that. So they dont care basicly. They will put some effort in, depending on the revenue. But in the end they know that its gonna be cut off eventually. Just like backyard monsters. Does anyone even remember Tome arena?

My main point being: you as a war commander player are in a niche game! When you drop to far... Well, then it will be shut off and put on FB, just like Backyard monsters. So i guess we can appreciate whatever they still do. But the days are numbered commanders ;-)
  • KILA_B1200
    KILA_B1200
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 253

You should see when we pull the train on someone and get as much as 7plus attacks on 1 base.