PVP Changes; Platoon Infamy

• glimpse of hell
    glimpse of hell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 8
    this is true i have lost over 500 infamy while being attacked in the cool down period , this is not fair i went to attack a player that hit me then i get jumped on and could do nothing about it , so funny to the other players , this cool down period is a bad idea , why attack in pvp? or even have pvp platoons at all? or should i just put them all back in standard?
  • Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 559

I'm sooooo loving this change. I have said before and will say it again. Amaaaaaaazing job Kixeye team.
    It's so stupid for people to have around 6000 infamy, be in a bubble already and yet still have 6 toons around the base. I say thank you very much. Got 32x6 infamy from a player already in a bubble lmao.
    Secondly I also enjoy when high level and high infamy players try to toon fight. All I have to do is keep killing their buggys and I get around 30 infamy per buggy.
    KUDOS kixeye! Keep such brilliant ideas coming in.

• glimpse of hell
    glimpse of hell
    Greenhorn
    LOL , you go Alok r
  • glimpse of hell
    glimpse of hell
    Greenhorn
    does the kixeye team even tried playing this game?

• Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,298
    I really do not have the impression ...

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• Sir Dirty
    Sir Dirty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 25

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

There were two main reasons:

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

As listed in the patch notes:

• Intentionally bubbling an alliance mate will now result in Infamy loss.

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• Destroying an enemy platoon gives Infamy

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

1. This post should’ve been made sooner; and

2. The cooldown of 5 minutes is not long enough.

What will we be doing about it?

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

• Sir Dirty
    Sir Dirty
    Potential Threat
    These game changes suck to put it bluntly. You could have made so members in a clan can't attack members in the same clan very easy fix. Another easy fix make so you have spend 12 hours on a sector instead jumping when ever you want. Stop self attacks by moving different depots for resources and other rogue base more than 3 spaces away from any players base and not having another player to attack a attackers base for the duration of the attackers attack. I know the is not a prefect fix but it's better then having some small base beat the crap out of bigger and drain the infamy away from someone who has worked hard to get it. It's not right to pamper the little base. I see you have lost another 5k in players who are tired of being screwed by bs rule changes. People want and consistence rules not some fly by night rule change because some little turp crying while you just pissing off you're long time players. When I came to this game you had over 120,000 online players, but because change the rules and not bases fix like mine that are not working as they should you 're losing players 23,600 roughly on right now. That goes to show you that people are tired of being screwed. People don't want to play a game were customer service does not service, rules change the drop of hat and the price for something cost arm, leg and a left nut. I have asked for years to straighten my base out but you don't to do it. Builds and repairs are just way to **** long. Cooldowns are just running people off, like me
  • Sir Dirty
    Sir Dirty
    Potential Threat
    this is true i have lost over 500 infamy while being attacked in the cool down period , this is not fair i went to attack a player that hit me then i get jumped on and could do nothing about it , so funny to the other players , this cool down period is a bad idea , why attack in pvp? or even have pvp platoons at all? or should i just put them all back in standard?

• Sir Dirty
    Sir Dirty
    Potential Threat
    This cool down is a crock of crap there far better was to have fix this problem, but as per the norm kixeye you not thought this though at all. You look for a so call easy but not well thought out fix. If you your heads a little bit you could have come up a better fix than that. Quit being lazy bastards and do it right that's what you get paid for anyway. Your better off stopping instant jumps make people wait by 12 hours before they can jump again. Don't have friends attack each other or people in the same clan it may not stop it but it sure beats the hell out these bs cooldowns crap and that just what is crap.

• mic45
    mic45
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 26
    How about this.\i got bubbled waited 30 mins to pop my bubble well over the 10 mins, hit another base got hit, and then hit and hit, WTF , i got milked lost infamy, that does not matter to me,  but next time i waited until base repaired fully pop my bubble and same thing happened got hit again and again, so some one explain how long u have to wait, this whole thing about is pure BS. it is a war game lets us play, 
  • Darkshadows2069
    Darkshadows2069
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,392
    Mic45,

The way  PVP works now if you pop your bubble before the time expires you are open for 10 full minutes and can not be bubbled till that time expires. 

You can find a post about it here:  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737278/p1

mic45 said:
    How about this.\i got bubbled waited 30 mins to pop my bubble well over the 10 mins, hit another base got hit, and then hit and hit, WTF , i got milked lost infamy, that does not matter to me,  but next time i waited until base repaired fully pop my bubble and same thing happened got hit again and again, so some one explain how long u have to wait, this whole thing about is pure BS. it is a war game lets us play, 

Community Rules: <CLICK HERE>
    Submit a Support Ticket:  <CLICK HERE>
  • Stuart Fromengland
    Stuart Fromengland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 451
    mic45 you confused with the cooldown it does start while you wait in bubble the 10 mins start exactly when you pop so if a player can say bubble you in 4 mins you wont bubble for 6 more mins after that.

Th e mistake you making is you got bubbled waited 30 mins why this makes no difference cooldown only starts when you pop after that 30 mins you stated
    Honk Honk
  • XjjjjjjjX
    XjjjjjjjX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 280
    edited 23 Oct 2018, 11:56AM
    • Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

Can I pick up on this comment by @Goldendoodle

For the lone player or member of small clans this has cramped pvp.  When I get bubbled the person who has bubbled me knows when I will pop.  So they now park a plt outside my base waiting for this time to occur or they post it in their chat page and another member of their clan parks outside my base waiting for me to pop.

If I pop when I want, I have to hope I am not seen for 10 minutes or I will get hit for 10 minutes.  This is completely unfair.

I should decided when I pop.  I should not have to worry if I pop early I may get hit repeatedly for 10 minutes.  Or if I don't pop someone is waiting outside my base for the bubble to run out.

You need to remove this rule.

In fact all your attempts to "correct" pvp should be removed.  It worked just fine and you've now messed it up.

Put back the level 30 break and add another at 40
    Put back the need to hit 5 bases in a week to gain you infamy payment.  (Infamy banks are being built and protected because you removed this rule.)
    Remove free jumps, put it back how it was.

There was nothing wrong with PVP, but your attempts to fix it keep breaking it more.
    Where has everyone gone?  Kixeye think about what you're doing.
  • anti scottish game
    anti scottish game
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 187
    it all fixed indeed i got hit by a guy x 4 bases round his account 1 holding to self bubble him x3 fake accounts lol infamy lossed by him 0 but whatever  floats yer boat improved lol,they actively boast in wc chat for any base that they lose to ban they make 10 more not a breach of terms and conditions is it lol,not to mention thier fake accounts have hack toons round them,if you do hit them your attacking units dont shoot at anything so retreat and they return dead even though you where the attacker and your units didnt attack