PVP Changes; Platoon Infamy

• Vintage Stud
    Vintage Stud
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 6

nametagg0 said:
    toon combat is the counterplay, snipe the enemy platoon before they can get a grab on your base, as a tip you may want to develop some toons specifically for defending the space around your base under the name "defender" or some such name that tells you where they are.

Really??? Thats your response??? "Toon Combat"
    Obviously your one of those guys that never jump out of your home sector and play war...

When you jump into a enemy sector (Alone) start hitting bases and get caught, 5-10 enemy players are at your base within 30-45 seconds. I dont care how Good you think you are, but your not going to snipe off 5-10 players by yourself before they can grab your base. From that point on its a gang bang.... Your only choices are to try and get plats out between attacks or try and jump out between attacks....But neither one is possible. When the attack is over you get a pop up forcing you to go into your base (its in shambles) then your base automatically refreshes (which takes forever) due to lag, Then you got a pop up telling you about all the damaged sht in your base that you need to heal so you click that off and then another pop up telling you that you don't have enough resources (because they took them) and after that you can finally get out of your base to the map which also loads slow due to lag and try to deploy that plat you talk about to snipe with, but by then they have surrounded your base and have already started another attack. You got one plat out if your lucky to try and snipe 5-10 guys which they take out real fast. Your base is dead and it only takes about 15-30 seconds for someone to run through it and start another attack. At this point you can wait till the attack is over and try it all over again or you can choose to try and jump out between attacks...Again we go through the same pop ups and the base loading and trying to coin the CC and trying to jump before they launch another attack...NOT POSSIBLE !!!!!! 

Unless your base is in your own home sector with the support of your friends for sniping, there is no defense to this 10-Min cool down rule except doing a 69 by having a buddy come along just to hold your base for 2-attacks which is 12-Min. So instead of helping to eliminate 69'ing ... All this new rule has done is help promote more 69'ing but in a different way....

But if you think Toon Combat is the counter to this cool down rule. I'll be happy to prove you wrong anytime you want to jump to my sector and try it..And Im being serious...just message me.. :/
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,712

nametagg0 said:
    toon combat is the counterplay, snipe the enemy platoon before they can get a grab on your base, as a tip you may want to develop some toons specifically for defending the space around your base under the name "defender" or some such name that tells you where they are.

Really??? Thats your response??? "Toon Combat"
    Obviously your one of those guys that never jump out of your home sector and play war...

When you jump into a enemy sector (Alone) start hitting bases and get caught, 5-10 enemy players are at your base within 30-45 seconds. I dont care how Good you think you are, but your not going to snipe off 5-10 players by yourself before they can grab your base. From that point on its a gang bang.... Your only choices are to try and get plats out between attacks or try and jump out between attacks....But neither one is possible. When the attack is over you get a pop up forcing you to go into your base (its in shambles) then your base automatically refreshes (which takes forever) due to lag, Then you got a pop up telling you about all the damaged sht in your base that you need to heal so you click that off and then another pop up telling you that you don't have enough resources (because they took them) and after that you can finally get out of your base to the map which also loads slow due to lag and try to deploy that plat you talk about to snipe with, but by then they have surrounded your base and have already started another attack. You got one plat out if your lucky to try and snipe 5-10 guys which they take out real fast. Your base is dead and it only takes about 15-30 seconds for someone to run through it and start another attack. At this point you can wait till the attack is over and try it all over again or you can choose to try and jump out between attacks...Again we go through the same pop ups and the base loading and trying to coin the CC and trying to jump before they launch another attack...NOT POSSIBLE !!!!!! 

Unless your base is in your own home sector with the support of your friends for sniping, there is no defense to this 10-Min cool down rule except doing a 69 by having a buddy come along just to hold your base for 2-attacks which is 12-Min. So instead of helping to eliminate 69'ing ... All this new rule has done is help promote more 69'ing but in a different way....

But if you think Toon Combat is the counter to this cool down rule. I'll be happy to prove you wrong anytime you want to jump to my sector and try it..And Im being serious...just message me.. :/
    simple solution, dont jump alone and expect to take down a group
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Vintage Stud
    Vintage Stud
    Greenhorn
    nametagg0 said:
    So in other words  dont play PVP or dont jump withoput a buddy that can hold your base 69
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 7:21PM
    nametagg0 said:
    So in other words  dont play PVP or dont jump withoput a buddy that can hold your base 69
    no i mean dont be dumb and try to play like your rambo because your more likely to get swarmed if you attack an entire group solo, you dont need 69 while playing with allies

• pocket-pup
    pocket-pup
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 57
    you want to improve on this cool down issue. make it easy allied and some clan tags both receive 4 hrs damage. and the base being bubbled receives 2 hr protection. both players lose 250 infamy. end of problem
  • Vintage Stud
    Vintage Stud
    Greenhorn
    nametagg0 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    no i mean dont be dumb and try to play like your rambo because your more likely to get swarmed if you attack an entire group solo, you dont need 69 while playing with allies

"Dumb" ??? I'm 61 Years Old and I think Rambo is Cool.... B)
    I thought PVP meant Player Vs Player. 
    Having to jump into a sector with a bunch of allies sounds more like a war than trying to play PVP. When your in a war you cant worry about collecting Infamy, that would just be stupid. And if you have to rely on others to defend your base for PVP...kinda defeats the whole purpose of PVP dont ya think??. 

Don't get me wrong.....I personally don't like 69's or Rings of Fire.

But players will always look for inventive ways of playing a game. Someone found out that 69's and rings of fire will keep people from hitting your base so they used it. Others found out that hiding plats in the center of mountains keep people from killing your plats on the map so they use it. Others found out that surrounding an enemy base with plats (Jailing) will basically keep him from deploying plats without getting caught. Someone else found out that when people jump into a sector and hit and then then jump out...others jumping in will usually land on those same spots again (Hot Spots) so the sector defenders use that and put a ring of plats around it.

My point is that Kixeye keeps trying to fix things they cant fix...All they are doing is making things worse.

And why are my  comments getting reviewed before thay post ??????
  • blade.e
    blade.e
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 339
    edited 13 Jun 2018, 10:19PM
    infamy is killing the game !!! the game was amazing before infamy was introduced . get rid of it and give medals for hitting toons and bases that way if folks 69 they lose some medals instead. no one can see who has what medals so the infamy  **** measuring contest will be over 
  • diggus diccus
    diggus diccus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 305
    notoons to defend all in self bubbles now lol
  • diggus diccus
    diggus diccus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 305
    no1 to hit lol
  • bluto15
    bluto15
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 14
    i have imphamy will continue to end of this season if not changed i will need to alter what I do just sniping others there will be no longer a reason to work at the game 

• FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,408
    you want to improve on this cool down issue. make it easy allied and some clan tags both receive 4 hrs damage. and the base being bubbled receives 2 hr protection. both players lose 250 infamy. end of problem
    LOL, as soon as you drop tags you're no longer allied - Kixeye can't tell if the guy had a falling out with the clan or if he's doing it for a friendly bubble...
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,408
    no1 to hit lol
    Face it - Kixeye broke what was once a good game. 
    There used to be real wars that took a whole week (except for the coiners), now it's just hit & run away as soon as you're spotted... 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    nametagg0 said:

"Dumb" ??? I'm 61 Years Old and I think Rambo is Cool.... B)
    I thought PVP meant Player Vs Player. 
    Having to jump into a sector with a bunch of allies sounds more like a war than trying to play PVP. When your in a war you cant worry about collecting Infamy, that would just be stupid. And if you have to rely on others to defend your base for PVP...kinda defeats the whole purpose of PVP dont ya think??. 

Don't get me wrong.....I personally don't like 69's or Rings of Fire.

But players will always look for inventive ways of playing a game. Someone found out that 69's and rings of fire will keep people from hitting your base so they used it. Others found out that hiding plats in the center of mountains keep people from killing your plats on the map so they use it. Others found out that surrounding an enemy base with plats (Jailing) will basically keep him from deploying plats without getting caught. Someone else found out that when people jump into a sector and hit and then then jump out...others jumping in will usually land on those same spots again (Hot Spots) so the sector defenders use that and put a ring of plats around it.

My point is that Kixeye keeps trying to fix things they cant fix...All they are doing is making things worse.

And why are my  comments getting reviewed before thay post ??????

age and opinion of rambo doesnt really affect how well you plan (to an extent at least), race in screaming Leroy Jenkins and youll probably die no matter if your 6 or 66, have seen every Stallone film or have no idea who Stallone is

and,,,is it really so bad to go into wars in a game called WAR commander? plus if groups were defeated by solo players so easily why would anyone form them?

and yes pretty much the whole point in planning is to find effective ways to defeat your opponent, think of kixeye more as a bunch of referees that keep 1 tactic from being the only thing that is played by changing the rules every so often,

people were fine with rings until that became the only way to stay viable, now kixeye is trying to nerf it, there is almost no way to do this as a crew that didnt write the decade old code that wasnt even meant to have pvp as a focus without it having a bumpy road to success.

• Good Job Kixee. Thanks for the pvp update imo we needed for awhile. It's not perfect but what is. Much better than previously just keep tweaking it. Thanks 
  • CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 238
    nametagg0 said:
    age and opinion of rambo doesnt really affect how well you plan (to an extent at least), race in screaming Leroy Jenkins and youll probably die no matter if your 6 or 66, have seen every Stallone film or have no idea who Stallone is

and,,,is it really so bad to go into wars in a game called WAR commander? plus if groups were defeated by solo players so easily why would anyone form them?

and yes pretty much the whole point in planning is to find effective ways to defeat your opponent, think of kixeye more as a bunch of referees that keep 1 tactic from being the only thing that is played by changing the rules every so often,

people were fine with rings until that became the only way to stay viable, now kixeye is trying to nerf it, there is almost no way to do this as a crew that didnt write the decade old code that wasnt even meant to have pvp as a focus without it having a bumpy road to success.

Dude...Why are you ranting off topic. My posts dont have anything to do with Jumping into sectors Screaming (Leroy??)  Stallone, my Age, Rings of Fire, Group War Attacking by 1-Player or anything else like that.....  :/

My posts only address a Big Issue with PVP (Player Vs Player) and the New 10-Min no bubble rule.
    When I play PVP I usually jump into a Sector in a bubble. I keep a low profile and plan out my attacks and bookmark the bases I intend to hit and locate 2 or 3 plats stationed around the map for my attacks. When Im ready I start attacking bases and I see how far I can get before I'm discovered. Unfortunately when I do get discovered I now get gang banged instead of a bubble. My issue is that there is NO DEFENSE or COUNTER to this new 10-Min no bubble rule. The fact is that this 10-Min no bubble rule was implemented to help stop 69's but in reality does NOTHING to stop them. It actually creates more harm by allowing others to relentlessly Gang Bang your Base non stop for 10-Min.

PVP is basically now dead.........
    I may be a Low Level...But Im definitely not new :-)
  • Battle208
    Battle208
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 285
    Kixeye are you trying to kill the game or do you just have a bunch of Idiots working for you???? my bet is a bunch of idiots.  All these changes haven't helped pvp all you have is a heap of low lvs running around the map killing toons now. 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 15 Jun 2018, 12:03AM
    Dude..Why are you ranting off topic. My posts dont have anything to do with Jumping into sectors Screaming (Leroy??)  Stallone, my Age, Rings of Fire, Group War Attacking by 1-Player or anything else like that.....  :/

I'm 61 Years Old and I think Rambo is Cool.... B)

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:

My issue is that there is NO DEFENSE or COUNTER to this new 10-Min no bubble rule. 
    keep in mind that you dont have to pop instantly either, especially since you had just been bubbled and can expect multiple players to come rushing to your base.

• CharlesHackfinder
    CharlesHackfinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 238
    edited 15 Jun 2018, 4:34AM
    nametagg0 said:
    keep in mind that you dont have to pop instantly either, especially since you had just been bubbled and can expect multiple players to come rushing to your base.
    You need to read again...I JUMPED IN with a bubble so I could plan my attack ouit... But yeah I get that I don't have to pop after a gang bang...but what kind of PVP is it going to be when you bubble 1 or 2 bases then loose all your infamy to a gang bang and then set in a bubble for a 1 1/2 days ??? Battle208 above is right...all you have now are a bunch of low levels running around hitting plats on the Map. PVP (Player Vs Player) is basically dead and I wont be doing anymore till they fix this.......
    I may be a Low Level...But Im definitely not new :-)
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    You need to read again...I JUMPED IN with a bubble so I could plan my attack ouit... But yeah I get that I don't have to pop after a gang bang...but what kind of PVP is it going to be when you bubble 1 or 2 bases then loose all your infamy to a gang bang and then set in a bubble for a 1 1/2 days ??? Battle208 above is right...all you have now are a bunch of low levels running around hitting plats on the Map. PVP (Player Vs Player) is basically dead and I wont be doing anymore till they fix this.......
    if you jumped in on a bubble pop on a dead base and wait about 8 minutes to hit your real targets, travel time will get the other 2 minutes and you'll get a bubble when they swarm you, but i still recommend only attacking solo players if your going alone.

• Daddysylem
    Daddysylem
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 239
    nametagg0 said:
    if you jumped in on a bubble pop on a dead base and wait about 8 minutes to hit your real targets, travel time will get the other 2 minutes and you'll get a bubble when they swarm you, but i still recommend only attacking solo players if your going alone.
    Like I said... You really must not get out of your sector very often....
    There aren't that many solo players in the Game with infamy. And even if I only hit solo players, I've just jumped into an enemy Sector. As soon as they see me..They swarm you like bees. 

And if I wanted to pop my bubble as soon as I jump in...then I would simply jump in without a bubble. But either way it would allow me very limited time to plan my route and start attacking bases before they are on me like bees.

I appreciate your willingness to try and help find some type of Counter to the PVP problem and the 10-Min Cool Down Rule, but its just like I've said before. Kixeye jumped into this 10-Min Rule without any Research or Thought of how it was going to impact the game. Otherwise there would be a "Clear Counter" to the Rule already in place, without having to try and make something up after the fact. They based this Rule solely on the "Ranting" of players fed up with the 69 practice and used no logic before they acted. The people that were using 69's before the rule are "Still" using 69's now with very little change in their tactics. But if you can actually catch one of them, its great for getting revenge...and that makes allot of players happy.

Unfortunately the side effect of this new "Revenge Rule" has destroyed PVP Fighting throughout the game except for the ones using 69's. And that makes allot of people like me unhappy. All because Kixeye didn't take the time to make sure there was a "Clear Counter" to this new 10-min rule.
    I may be old but I'm wiser than you..
    And I still have no idea why I do this.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    Like I said... You really must not get out of your sector very often....
    There aren't that many solo players in the Game with infamy. And even if I only hit solo players, I've just jumped into an enemy Sector. As soon as they see me..They swarm you like bees. 

And if I wanted to pop my bubble as soon as I jump in...then I would simply jump in without a bubble. But either way it would allow me very limited time to plan my route and start attacking bases before they are on me like bees.

I appreciate your willingness to try and help find some type of Counter to the PVP problem and the 10-Min Cool Down Rule, but its just like I've said before. Kixeye jumped into this 10-Min Rule without any Research or Thought of how it was going to impact the game. Otherwise there would be a "Clear Counter" to the Rule already in place, without having to try and make something up after the fact. They based this Rule solely on the "Ranting" of players fed up with the 69 practice and used no logic before they acted. The people that were using 69's before the rule are "Still" using 69's now with very little change in their tactics. But if you can actually catch one of them, its great for getting revenge...and that makes allot of players happy.

Unfortunately the side effect of this new "Revenge Rule" has destroyed PVP Fighting throughout the game except for the ones using 69's. And that makes allot of people like me unhappy. All because Kixeye didn't take the time to make sure there was a "Clear Counter" to this new 10-min rule.
    i think their focus is mostly on clan on clan combat and not a whole lot of individual vs individual or individual vs clan which from that perspective id does make a bit of sense because a clan can use this swarming to direct where combat is likely to happen in a coordinated clan war but doesnt really help much in other scenarios.   and there are a few solo players you just have to hunt them out as it isnt as easy to find 1 person as it is a group.

• Daddysylem
    Daddysylem
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 239
    nametagg0 said:
    i think their focus is mostly on clan on clan combat and not a whole lot of individual vs individual or individual vs clan which from that perspective id does make a bit of sense because a clan can use this swarming to direct where combat is likely to happen in a coordinated clan war but doesnt really help much in other scenarios.   and there are a few solo players you just have to hunt them out as it isnt as easy to find 1 person as it is a group.
    Like I said the new Rule effectively "KILLED" PVP (Player Vs Player) .............
    And trying to find a Solo player in a sea of Clans before they find you is just stupid. :/
    The Clans will hit you regardless of what your trying to do. So basically your saying to find Players at a level you can hit with the most Infamy you can get before they catch you, And hope you get more Infamy than your going to loose in a Gang Bang ???

And with Clan vs Clan the new Rule does "NOTHING" to stop 69's
    The whole focus of the "New Rule" was to try and stop 69's because players were tired of being hit and 69's were stopping them from hitting back. It really had nothing to do with Infamy or PVP Fighting... It was all about being able to get revenge and hit back.

But because Kixeye jumped to enact a Rule without researching what that Rule would actually do, They've created a situation where the only players that will be playing PVP are the players that use 69's and low levels running around hitting plats on the map. No other player is going risk trying to gain 100 Infamy and loose 700+ Infamy at the same time......

Sorry but unless Kixeye can come up with a "Clear Counter" to this New 10-Min Cool Down Rule.... PVP is Dead !!  :( 

My suggestion if they want to keep this New Rule is to Counter it by Having a 30-sec Cool Down between attacks so we can Jump Out or Deplay Plats and Defend Ourselves from the Gang Bang Onslaught...... :s
    I may be old but I'm wiser than you..
    And I still have no idea why I do this.
  • Jimmay T-Bone
    Jimmay T-Bone
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 23
    I'm sorry, this is insane. For those who bubble their friends i see your point, but for those who come on to play and you log in and your bubbled, you want to play, get revenge etc, this cooldown is insidious, ridiculous and totally unfair. I got leveled 4 times in an 8 minutes period, without me interfering wiped me out, still never got a bubble even after the 4th hit and 4 hours pass still no bubble. I get what your trying to do here, but your totally screwing the normal players out there. At least put a res gain, infamy, restriction on the 2nd hit and any after that. Ive been here for a very long time, this has to be the absolute worst reason to implement such a screw up. The self bubbling should be penalized  alone and not anything else. Your sending people away with this. It looked to me before reading this that the guy was cheating, ive never been hit and never got a bubble until now. they just keep coming and comming when all i wanted to do was play. Instead i lose everything in 10 minutes. Punish the self bubblers not the real players that have been around for 6 years. This does not inspire me to pvp at ALL. 
    Very disappointed
  • michael.roethlin
    michael.roethlin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 130
    the cooldown does nothing to stop hit and runs.. it only hits convention war pvp .. now if you are in a war sector that is mostly enemy if hit a base during a war and pop open . you will be gang bang for 10 minutes... this only promotes both 69 and ring of fire.. Another issue in itself.. The idiot that thought of this must be the one that also thought of dropships.
  • Loki1972
    Loki1972
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 110
    Alok r said:

Absolutely amazing. Some of us had stated this right after last update that 5mins cooldown isn't long enough and there was a simple workaround for those who intentionally abused the protection bubble times.
    Also loving the platoon vs platoon infamy gain. This takes care of the situations where infamy hoarders would have their bases covered with layers and layers of toons on the map thus making it almost impossible to get to the player's base.
    I only request one thing in upcoming changes/updates. Get rid of the retreat function in platoon battle. Let us enjoy actually destroying the platoons of other players if we are getting rewarded infamy for it. At present the only platoon vs platoon battles are when you kill toons of offline players.
    And to that effect, please add a leave platoon fight button.
    Overall amazing update to PvP. Loving it. Kudos team!!!

no it needs to stay or then they need to allow us to use air in the toon attacks as some toons are not able to hit air and this would be unfair
  • Loki1972
    Loki1972
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 110

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

There were two main reasons:

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

As listed in the patch notes:

• Intentionally bubbling an alliance mate will now result in Infamy loss.

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• Destroying an enemy platoon gives Infamy

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

1. This post should’ve been made sooner; and

2. The cooldown of 5 minutes is not long enough.

What will we be doing about it?

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

your are rooning the game i agree that the 69in is an issue but the cool down is bull**** and as for the loosing infamy for hitting a friend and being penalized for it my clan mates will hit each other and bubble each other for practice 1 for base quality 2 to learn and teach stagey so your taking a opertoonity away from us by doing this. back to the cool down by adding this as some have said you cant defend if u dont get bubbled after an attack as you cant get more toons out to defend with or have an opp to repair ur toons IE your buggies is what most of us snipe with soif you cant have 30 sec to min to repair these then u get hammered and cant do **** i think you will see a decline of players me included if this don't stop and i have seen a decline in pvp since this rule came in. kix get ur crap together stop half assing the issues find a real answer to 69ing as this is not it. as for the loosing inf from toons this is also crap

• GOD LOKI
    GOD LOKI
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 250

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

There were two main reasons:

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

As listed in the patch notes:

• Intentionally bubbling an alliance mate will now result in Infamy loss.

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• Destroying an enemy platoon gives Infamy

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

1. This post should’ve been made sooner; and

2. The cooldown of 5 minutes is not long enough.

What will we be doing about it?

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Basically this has made the game not fun but just a tedious ball ache some people play when they have time outside of work/family, what fun is it when they come online to crap loads of repairs if they leave toons outside their base, or lose all the infamy they gained whilst they play their little time they have.

Please be honest with us players, stop feeding us crap, we are not stupid. This again is about trying to get people to coin to repair their losses. Kixeye are no longer even trying to be discreet about it, constant offers, also 50% of gold upgrades to buildings, yet no 50% less upgrade time with 50% less resources needed, only if you use gold.

The bases you make now are no longer designed for strategy only they are designed to hurt you and give you long repairs again hoping people will coin them to make them quicker. Add in many bases have time limits it just makes people hit a base and if they lose either coin and finish it off or lose out.

I know game designers need to make money but when you treat your consumers like MUGS you will eventually either run out of players or those that do coin will just stop. You just leave yourself open to hackers because they can go around kill all your bases get the toys/rewards, and you guys then think that the bases must be too easy and make them way harder.

I think that kixeye need to re-evaluate their business model, either fix the game before releasing more stuff, stop making the game tedious for PROPER players and stop money grubbing so blatantly.

I have played this game over 5 years, i left for over a year as the game got tedious and was more stressful than my life, i come back to give it another chance but you are not making things better you are actually making things worse. The MAJORITY of players are not happy with the way the game is going, you are always going to have some that thrive on it and like to say its too easy, some of them probably hack the game, although i am sure there are some patient players who enjoy the challenge, but for many they just want to come on and have a bit of downtime and not feel that they are being taken the piss out of.
  • Warriors1234
    Warriors1234
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 33

If Kixeye had any leadership ability they would have scrapped this terrible idea. Since the company doesn't care about its consumers this company still has yet to figure out how to fix its lag issues and what has that been two years now? 
  • Steven Woll
    Steven Woll
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 47
    this whole business of the "fix" for 69ing has totally ruined the game. first of all 69ing was not an exploitation of anything, its called stratagy, and teamwork. Secondly now, i can get hit over and over and over again by the same person, i one instance, five times by the same person. to me this might as well be called bullying, getting kicked in the face while im on the ground. i cant even hit "repair base" before the next round of attacks. and once the attacks are over....i have no res to even repair my base, i have to go out and collect enough res just to start repairs. how is this in any sense a fix to a non existant problem? i for one am a heavy coiner, but from this point on i see no point of coining any longer. i will become a farmer and collect res and thor and upgrade my base and toons, i will no longer do events because they are geared towords having to coin in order to finish the different levels. The bases in the events are so unrealistic and overclocked so you take damage and coin. if any of us had bases like kix we would be banned immediatly for cheating, but its alright for kix. This game has gone so far off the original game as not even being the same game anymore. when i first started this game 7 years ago, on AVERAGE there were 95,000 players online, now even during events your lucky to see 30,000....wonder why?