PVP Changes; Platoon Infamy

• reade.muncy
    reade.muncy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 68
    this doesnt stop players using 5 alts to cover there bases with plats. the alts have no infamy which mean hitting the plats gains you nothing.

This 5 min and now 10 min is going to drive players away from pvp. There's no reason for mid lv (40-45) to pop. If your base has just been destroyed your nothing but a sitting duck and now i have a 36 hour wait to hit again.

And bigger picture guys using the lv 2 plats cheats are still running around not getting hit at all
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 1,165

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

There were two main reasons:

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

As listed in the patch notes:

• Intentionally bubbling an alliance mate will now result in Infamy loss.

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Voluntarily leaving damage protection results in a cooldown

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• Destroying an enemy platoon gives Infamy

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

1. This post should’ve been made sooner; and

2. The cooldown of 5 minutes is not long enough.

What will we be doing about it?

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!

Nice to know that platoon battles matter again.I have a few suggestions if you are willing to look it up.

1.The C/D for Toon Hitting should increase by 4 minutes everytime a players attacks a platoon,like at first is 4 minutes,after hit it increases to 8 mins,capping out to 20 minutes per toon hit (can be adjusted).This will prevent players who is exploiting this feature,forcing them to hit players bases rather than only toons to get infamy.

2.The infamy drop rate by hitting toons is 0.5% (can be adjusted) of the platoon owner's current infamy.Like if the owner has 1000 Infamy,the attacker gains 5 infamy for 1 platoon the attacked successfully attacked.

Thanks in advance!
  • Strong_Thinker
    Strong_Thinker
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,602
    so basically if i jump to a sector bubble some players and i get caught with my hands in the cookie jar and recieve a bubble  if i wanted  to carry on hitting layers itd mean in 10 mins they could 1 or 2 star me making my infamy gain next to nothing while taking on alotta reairs if i were hitting lvl 44+ players so this has practically killed pvp they cud just hold my base for a minimum of 10 mins and i hvae no option but to get a buble to jump again great update.............
    WC: #Addicted
    Vega: Meh
    Battle Pirates: Played, Forgotten, Never Returned RIP
  • Khan_war
    Khan_war
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 4

Hello Commanders,

Given the recent changes that were made to PVP, I wanted to check in and discuss their impact, as well as what mitigations can be made to make improvements.

Why were changes made?

First, the biggest issue we were trying to address was the practice of intentionally bubbling friends/alliance mates. The issue with this strategy is that there was no counter play, and it created a situation where if you weren’t doing this, you couldn’t compete on the leaderboard. Any strategy that can’t be defeated is inherently unfun for all those participating.

Secondly, prior to the change, 100% of important PVP was fighting other players’ bases. While this should remain the foundation of PVP, Platoon versus Platoon fights should still matter.

What was changed?

• This is self explanatory. If you’re abusing damage protection mechanics to protect a friend, you should have to pay for that

• Again, this is self-explanatory. If you choose to leave damage protection, you shouldn’t be able to immediately re-enter an invulnerable space

• The goal here was to make it so there are sources of Infamy outside of just players’ bases. Platoon versus Platoon battles are more fun, and it makes the World Map more dynamic and interesting. We were afraid of it being exploitable, however, so we did this:

• We removed inflation from Platoon versus Platoon battles. In normal PVP battles, an average of 75% of the Infamy gained is from inflation inherent with the formula. By removing this, all platoon battles are zero-sum; sitting around with friends attacking each others platoons will result in no Infamy gain. It also means that if you attack an account’s platoons with 0 (or close to) Infamy, you’ll gain nothing. This stops you from “farming” low level platoons of a friendly, or alt, account.

What went right?

Instances of friendly bubbling are down slightly. This is moving in the right direction. In addition, PVP activity has increased, which is again a positive change.

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

• We will be increasing the cooldown of 5 minutes to 10 minutes immediately. This will take effect today. If that isn’t enough, we’ll keep bumping it up

• We’ll monitor the rate of Platoon versus Platoon infamy exchange. If it’s too high, we’ll lower it

Lol toons FIghts and getting inf  is total kids idea. Many PLayers  leaving the game or only farming what kixeye wanted from players. cool down time  or other is also not working base getting more and more inf loss. But good is kixeye making step for players to say game bye  soonn.
    inf loss from clan mates is working and only tht is appreciated. Rest is all game stratgegy shd allow freely to do.
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,110
    the whole arguments are very good! fact is but the more damage my units get the less I can play ...

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• Blackheart319483
    Blackheart319483
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 107

Hello Commanders,

Why were changes made?

What was changed?

What went right?

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

We lose infamy if retreating platoons, can that be changed so we still can use platoons around our base as a early warning system to protect our base.

• David Hitz
    David Hitz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 15
    I understand the concept, but who was the dumb-**** that thought THIS was a good idea??  You have basically removed Infamy from being a sought after element to the game.  There are so many intelligent ways to have done this....  Hire people with brains!!
  • AlmiranteNelson
    AlmiranteNelson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
    it's a complete stupidity
  • kixeyeuser_631003918_14926_2932941
    kixeyeuser_631003918_14926_2932941
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 23
    your 10 minute countdown means the hacks who have instant repairs running rule this game, I can no longer break my bubble to hit someone trying to get on a friends base because now for a full 10 minutes Ill be raped of any gains I've made by enemy swamping my base and hit end, hit end, hit end, for a full 10 minutes before I get any sort of protection.

I may as well throw in the towel now, drop my tag and tell my sector to fend for yourselves, Ill not be popping for anyone.

in fact sod it, tag dropped, free base for anyone who wants to hit empty base empty bunkers, fil ya boots 
  • steve_81
    steve_81
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 534
    lol who came up with the idea that 5 mins was not enough? its a crazy idea at 5 mins.

in my sector the only 1s who are popping are the blantant cheaters, we have 1 player hitting 2 bases at the same time with the same toons/air with 50 toons around his base.

If we fight our way through them toons and get to his base then manage to flat him we will get 130 infamy max, in the time we have done that he has flattern us and his minis have also run over us 5 times, now you increase that to 10 mins it will be 7/8 times so for me to gain 130 infamy i have to lose 800/900?

noone is going to do that.

also you say pvp has increased but im assuming thats just people hitting toons on the map
  • elitesmash
    elitesmash
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1
    why mess game up like this JUST PUT DROP SHIP IN GEAR STORE ALL THIS SOLVED 
  • kixeyeuser_990733013_4556_4416641
    kixeyeuser_990733013_4556_4416641
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 10
    First off, the cooldown doesn't stop 69, it helps those doing 69. Now they can get their friendly bubble, go out and hit a bunch more while no one can attack them for 10 minutes. Secondly, the only ones who lose in this platoon infamy crap is the ones with infamy. Its bull that I can be offline and lose over 300 infamy because some jack wagon comes along and kills my toons but can't touch my base. So basically you at kixeye have shot yourself in the foot. Why would people take damage to their toons to attack a base when they can go kill toons on the map and gain so much more. You guys are really missing the boat on this one. You know who will lose in the end on this? Kixeye will. There will be far less base hitting and far more toon hitting and that will result in lost revenue for you. 
    You are exactly right, perfect example lol worst idea kixeye had to date. Bases don't matter as you can see in this chat. Come all friends and allies, come hit my toons I give you infamy, as long as the same tag dont hit its a win for all allied players
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,847
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 5:58PM
    why mess game up like this JUST PUT DROP SHIP IN GEAR STORE ALL THIS SOLVED 
    The main reason why the Dropships was removed from the Gear Store was due to players exploiting the Spec Ops in order to create impenetrable barriers of protection or jails around player bases.

Before the Dropship has a chance to return, the ability to perform this exploit has to be removed or it would just cause the same mistake to get repeated once again.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • kixeyeuser_990733013_4556_4416641
    kixeyeuser_990733013_4556_4416641
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 10
    P.S No More Gold from me
  • Total_Nuisance
    Total_Nuisance
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 29

Hello Commanders,

Why were changes made?

What was changed?

What went right?

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

6 plats destroyed while I was attempting to defend my plats, 600 infamy lost over plats , pathetic change to game , say goodbye to my contributions until this is changed to a realistic way of game play, this is the worst idea I seen in all my years of game lol totally absurd Say bye bye 
  • MyNameNoName
    MyNameNoName
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 26
    Most of players going self bubbling
    To Prevent Self Bubbling the solution is

Per example
    If Zero Toon Damaged in base means he did a self bubble so 1:30hour  MAX for base to heal up and the base should be only 1:30hour in bubbled/protected then it pops

If he have toons repairs for 5hours  then his base should stay 5h bubbled/protected and so on.... ( if also an option to add that base toons auto start healing up same as base buildings so in case you get attacked offline your base and defenders will auto heal up)

this will prevent us from those who self bubble and that they should put toon to defend their base and not just hide in a friendly bubble
    we all know by now that even lower levels have also good platoons that can defend their base.

• YukFu007
    YukFu007
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 38
    so, having just experienced being farmed for 10mins solid i have decided i will be quitting the game from this very moment, and yes its due to your silly changes, as for the entire 10mins i was being farmed i was UNABLE TO DEPLOY, UNABLE TO CLICK ANY REPAIRS, so basically UNABLE TO PLAY, so the infamy i worked hard for has gone, the gold i spent getting the infamy is gone, the ABILITY TO STRIKE BACK also gone due to NOT BEING ABLE TO DEPLOY OR REPAIR each 10mins, i can only congratulate you on finally killing warcommander, you talk about counter strike, yet i can do nothing for 10mins at a time.  congrats, im out, good bye warcommander, good bye to my purchases
  • Warriors1234
    Warriors1234
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 34

Hello Commanders,

Why were changes made?

What was changed?

What went right?

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

This was poorly implemented and absolutely ridiculous. Those involved in this need to be fired on the spot. Instead of actually asiking players to get their perspective this absolute garbage got put into effect. 

Yes you heard me garbage. There's plenty of reasons why this was poorly done. Lag is one of those, going to attack a toon or defending has brought an increase of the loading.....loading.......Which was supposedly a known issue and was supposed to be fixed yet it hasn't. 

Being able to surprise enemies by voluntarily leaving bubble was a good way to surprise them when they believed you were either done for the day or weren't going to attack. Yet, surprised enemy base being attacked. Oh wait now you can't be bubbled again you are open for a full 10 minutes where enemies can take as many turns as they want bleeding the infamy away. 

I fail to see the positives in the move. Also, with the ability to get infamy off defeating toons has defeated the purpose of base toons in front and to even conisder defending base. 

You'd think Kixeye would have been able to brainstorm better ideas than this. Absolutely terrible execution, terrible implementation and again more technical issues. So, no this is not a good thing, it's an incredibly poor idea. 

Cause what do enemies do now? Remove tag, hit their own clan member and bubble them before you can defend sector anyways. I  want to reiterate the point these changes are purely stupid. 
  • Warriors1234
    Warriors1234
    Potential Threat
    GoldenDoodle I urge you to resign your role at WC if you think that this was beneficial and helped the game. It has made it intolerable. 
  • Warriors1234
    Warriors1234
    Potential Threat
    One last thing this doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. The easiest way to bypass the issue of self bubbling is to either remove tag which has happened or to have tags that look similar to their own, so regardless can still be bubbled yet do not have to lose much infamy with a 1 or 2 star. Again proving that this implementation was an absolute joke. 
  • kixeyeuser_631003918_14926_2932941
    kixeyeuser_631003918_14926_2932941
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 23
    not all allies have the same tag, I dont care who bubbles me as long as they are allied, I dont play this game to make my enemy stronger. Kixeye however makes this game for hackers to hack and autoclickers to win every battle, they have lvl43's running around with maxed out bases, MAXED EVERYTHING and they expect us to coin them out of the ****, its simple, you fekker aint getting a penny more out of me, 6 months ago we had 22 players in my clan, today theres 2, thats about to go down again to 1 
  • DragLine
    DragLine
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 10
    some idiot kills 2 buggies and 2 ERM of mine and gets 100 infamy off me! FACK THIS BULLS!T.  GAME sux now
  • XBlissX
    XBlissX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 31
    If we are stuck with this game change you should at least adjust the toon infamy to a flat rate...like 25 infamy or something....a hundred infamy for a buggy is absolutely outrageous.....I hope you guys are listening to the players...we do not want this!
  • Bronko27
    Bronko27
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 107

Hello Commanders,

Why were changes made?

What was changed?

What went right?

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

Well I,ve never and will never do a 69. No skill it that. Just cowards way to play. But your resent changes have just made it worse. Now they get there friends to bubble them with out tag. You,ve done  well in pushing us once big coiners away from  coining. The offenders are so worried about the loss of there infamy. Do some thing bout that. Just an IDEA.  If Player A gets hit by an enemy  base. Then see to it that player B ie enemy cant be hit till player A is bubbled, at this point Player B,s friends toons would of been cleared from his base and Player A or allies can get  there attack in on player B. Make the jump increase to 15 mins. An if Player B,s base was hit striaght away by player A after player A,s base was bubbled then Double the amount of infamy that player A gets back. 
  • TamnaLai
    TamnaLai
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 5
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 10:31PM
    I am gonna crazy now......LOL. Why is that making too much crazy about this? Just make disable to attack same tag or alliance mate.
    I understand that people are very strategic, they will create new account with new alliance/tag to bubble it their main account. In this time what we can do discuss is : 

1) Keep the damage protection time for star 1 and 2 is very low (like 4/5 hrs) and 3 star is 36 hrs, is fine. So, no one will interest to get bubble from their small account with high loss of infamy and less time of protection, because again small account would get hit from everyone and loss infamy the same.( What I am saying in above is happened to me now, I got bubble from small account which is in different tag and I lost lot of infamy but my small account also got hit from enemy ( lost same infamy and got easily by enemy). Then what I think now is, no use of getting bubble from my small account let them try to hit my base and I will defense ....LOL)

2) It should be disabled that 2 players are getting attack each other at the same time, either enemy or friend doesn't matter. Those who got defense first should wait till the end of defending/attacking. So I think there will no more 69ing.

3) There should not have the option for leaving button from battle field once the attacker and defender enter the battle screen/field. It means that no one should leave the attack or defense and engage other attack at the same time. Once it enter the battle field they should wait till the end of the battle or retreat for platoon battle.

Few more idea I have but not now. Enough for the day hahahaha....

Now the problem is Kixeye developer can coding the above task is exactly or not?????? :p :pensive:

Thanks and Regards

TamnaLai
  • WarDemon
    WarDemon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 17
    YES PUT THINGS BACK FOR INFAMY AND GIVE US ALL DROP SHIPS IN GEAR STORE
  • Ahmed Algendy
    Ahmed Algendy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 783

Listen man
    U know good 10 min cooldown all can do 69 easy
    Cuz that cool down is lees than 2 attck from platoons

2 attack platton = 14 min
    And u say new cool down 10 min
    Common man make the cool down 17 min
    Let our wc back , we no found any target cuz of 69

• DeedeeMerritt
    DeedeeMerritt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 13

Hello Commanders,

Why were changes made?

What was changed?

What went right?

What went wrong?

We made two mistakes:

• DeedeeMerritt
    DeedeeMerritt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 13
    I am thinking of not spending gold now...maybe 
    $50 a year...I spent thousand and thousands of dollars on this game.  All the changes doesn't make since...I had to bubble someone twice to get them flat.  Then they flatted me twice and I got a bubble...too much infamy was lost.  I am very upset about the changes and others are right you can get bubbled many times if you bubble someone...why bubble anyone?  Look how much infamy others lost being opened.  I also heard wc will only be on for 1 year and the game will be shut down...so go ahead and screw all.