PVP Changes; Platoon Infamy

• Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 648
    The changes are good so far, just infamy gained from toons needs a reduction.
  • Henry Kungkong
    Henry Kungkong
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 1
    1 infamy per sniping thats it no need for more we aint all 3rd graders playing snipe all the way..At least new players got the courage to hit now but giving too many infamy just change the whole pvp mode in warc n  those bubble tends to play other games rather than fighting back THEY MIGHT NO RETURN AT ALL IF THIS CONTINUES..
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,899
    edited 8 Jun 2018, 11:19PM
    ill repost what i commented  on in another post so its easyer to get ahold of 
    i like the idea but heres some of the pros and cons pros lowers can now take part in combat more takeing out scout or weaker defender toons  and you gain something for hunting toons  or fighting though huge number of defenders for once  the cons this can be abused i have already heard people useing this just to boust their own infmy  and after reading this people loseing tons of infumy just from loseing buggys  the fix for these 2 can be simple 1 use the power scale to set the toons worth so if its a low power buggy 1 or 2 infumy lost  but if its a maxed out toon filled to the brem with jugs growlers  war rigs ect  then its worth like 100 to 250 and the other way to fix this up the infumy gained from base combat  if bases are going to be hard to get to and harder to take out then then you can rise the infumy pay out from 100 per base to like 250 or 350 to 650  so you are gaining alot  of infumy  per base and helping people to stay for bases  

basicly use the power scale to detrmion how much people gain from toons and 2 rise the infumy from attacking bases and this should help even things out 

i forgot to put this in try added the new time for 10 maybe even 15 mins becuse  you can hold the base from firendly fire for the full 5 before the attack ends also you might want to fix that bug where you can just start and end attack to gain infumy its fun for the weaker willed players but its unfair for the stonger willed ones who dont need such tricks 
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,814
    Damage protection cooldown is now set to 10 minutes and the exchange of infamy in PvP Platoon battles has been reduced. Thanks for the feedback, all!
    WC:RA/VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Firebringer4
    Firebringer4
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 8
    Alok r said:

Absolutely amazing. Some of us had stated this right after last update that 5mins cooldown isn't long enough and there was a simple workaround for those who intentionally abused the protection bubble times.
    Also loving the platoon vs platoon infamy gain. This takes care of the situations where infamy hoarders would have their bases covered with layers and layers of toons on the map thus making it almost impossible to get to the player's base.
    I only request one thing in upcoming changes/updates. Get rid of the retreat function in platoon battle. Let us enjoy actually destroying the platoons of other players if we are getting rewarded infamy for it. At present the only platoon vs platoon battles are when you kill toons of offline players.
    And to that effect, please add a leave platoon fight button.
    Overall amazing update to PvP. Loving it. Kudos team!!!

ok there is a leave platoon fight option and there always was.. you drop a unit in the fight (any unit) you can leave after... try it... otherwise spot on i agree.. or if you allow retreats make them take damage for the retreat so its not completely wasted effort..
  • MyLittlePony23
    MyLittlePony23
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3
    I was going to write a message about a few of the new updates that you guys mede the 1+ years I was gone that I liked... I left this game because of the lag and disconnects that I constantly suffered. I came back for I loved this game, as sad as that may sound, for it helped me pass a lot of time collecting resources and fighting enemies. That been said I decided to give you guys a try once again, and all I have to say is wow... Just today I attempted to collect resources, and it is virtually impossible with all the disconnect. I tried to do a medal base and the lag almost cost me my Deana, and then was disconnected and everytime I connected and tried to continue attacking the base disconnected again.. I spent a bit of coin on this game this week that I came back, and man do I regret it... And you can't say that this is my computers or internet connection for I can run other games normally with settings set to high, and no I'm not talking about solitaire, I'm talking about civilization 5, diablo, LoL, even my farmville and other games that I have that are free to play, and I have very little to no lag, not to mention that I have yet to be disconnected from any of them, yet for some reason this game can't run properly with the lowest settings. Really trying hard to keep playing, but honestly don't think I will be back for long..
  • mike.hellyer.52
    mike.hellyer.52
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 9
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 1:00AM
    leave battle button for the defending toon would be nice, always a severe pain when you jump into a toon fight defending and find they just holding the toon......and only way out in less then 7 minutes is a refresh.  leave battle button for the defender would save us a lot of time, cussing and aggravation
  • Vermell
    Vermell
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 423
    To be fair most of us pointed out 5 mins was not enough when this was first discussed but it is a good addition. On the other hand the infamy gained / lost from toon battles has screwed the entire battlefield up. It is probably 10 x the amount it should be. You have turned the game into buggy commander. Now all everybody is interested in is hitting toons as in reality they can pay more than the actual base. 
    Agreed. We're going to turn down the exchange. 

It's good that Platoon battles matter now, but they probably matter too much right now.

Right now we're looking at reducing the current exchange rate for platoon battles by 66%. Do you think that's enough?

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
    yes 66%  minimum.  We should not be afraid to guard our own base for fear of getting a buggy sniped and loosing 50+ inf.  Hell I retreated a heavy toon yesterday and lost 100 inf.  The numbers need to be in single digits, so they mount up but not so they become the main focus.
    i agree with numbers for inf gain via toon battles should be low SINGLE figures. so there is a gain over time if all you want to do is snipe but no way should toon sniping gain more inffamy then hitting a base. should of started with 1 inf gain per toon win battle no matter what was in the toon. then increase from there if necessary rather than  start from a high inf number and keep bringing it down.imo
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2,949
    I appreciate the feedback.

Based on this, I'm currently planning to also decrease the amount of Infamy that can be exchanged through platoon battles.

Given the concerns posted above, do you think 7 minutes would be a more appropriate cooldown timer to start with?

Regards,
    Goldendoodle
    based on the comments previous to this one id think about 15 is fair
     (1 minute is saved by travel times to the base, then up to 14 can be saved by allied attacks with moral because there will always be someone trying the 69-ring of fire stratagies, however the offensive party can intervene both after the 1 minute of travel and between the 2 allied attacks to save time to get the base for themelves)

however i dont think platoons should be based on a fixed rate as there are a lot more variables in toon battles then a base battle (and it is pretty unfair for the defending party in most instances since the herald came in)
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Darkshadows2069
    Darkshadows2069
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 78
    One problem I see right now with the cool down period is. if they get hit over and over it is a 3 star pay out each time.  Maybe on the voluntary popping of your bubble instead of it being the full pay out  reduce the pay out to  a 1 star pay out for the full 10 minutes..  

• savinayjain
    savinayjain
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 26

69ing cant be stopped with cooldown timer. If will promote it more. Why? An example.. i jumped in enemy sector to have pvp fun.. i popped to hit one player and immidiately get caught and some high lvl player came and started attack on me.. i lost the battle say in 5 min.. but i have not got damage protection and same player started again.. and tgis time he destroyed my base in 1 min as it was now with no defenders. So in 10 min he destroyed my base 6 to 7 times and gained 1000 inf. Wtf.. why i will open my base freely.. i will ask a friend who have nearly 0 infamy or use alt acc to hold my base back back to two times and give 1 star on second attack. Thats better choice for me instead of lossing 1000 inf.
    This will promote to do more 69 to whom who playing openely till date..
    Just think abt it..
    Sry for some bad english

• Irene_J37
    Irene_J37
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 57
    Ok... i just popped to attack a player... got hit almost right away , came up base in shambles but when returned no bubble so he could hit me again. I did not attack agin..
    His attack took 4.62 sec  yet i popped to attack at approx 2 mins sooner.
  • ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 42
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 3:34AM
    This "cooldown" is a bunch of crap and is horrible.  It will make you able to get hit by one player over and over and they gain the 3 star infamy each time your hit by the same player. I do not think it is fair to get a 3 star pay out each time your hit by the same player over and over they would maybe a 1 star pay out if the same player hits you over and over. Because as it is they are gaining the same infamy everytime as a 3 star bubble. This whole thing needs a look over because it is stupid and all your doing is pushing a lot of players into quiting the game and if you dont do anything you will be losing me a paying long time customer.

ForbiddenFruit 
  • leamsaam
    leamsaam
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 2

well today i hit one and get hit bck five times until i get bubble lol lost lot infamy my base dont get bubble protections what a damm problem...

• Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 546

@Firebringer4 said:
    Alok r said:

Absolutely amazing. Some of us had stated this right after last update that 5mins cooldown isn't long enough and there was a simple workaround for those who intentionally abused the protection bubble times.

Also loving the platoon vs platoon infamy gain. This takes care of the situations where infamy hoarders would have their bases covered with layers and layers of toons on the map thus making it almost impossible to get to the player's base.

I only request one thing in upcoming changes/updates. Get rid of the retreat function in platoon battle. Let us enjoy actually destroying the platoons of other players if we are getting rewarded infamy for it. At present the only platoon vs platoon battles are when you kill toons of offline players.

And to that effect, please add a leave platoon fight button.

Overall amazing update to PvP. Loving it. Kudos team!!!

ok there is a leave platoon fight option and there always was.. you drop a unit in the fight (any unit) you can leave after... try it... otherwise spot on i agree.. or if you allow retreats make them take damage for the retreat so its not completely wasted effort..

Leave option is for the attacker in platoon battle but not for defender. If you as a defender join the platoon under attack, you are stuck there till it ends or unless you can jump into another platoon being attacked or base being attacked. But there is no option for a defender to leave the battle and go back to worldmap. Unless you refresh the game lol

• Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 546

@Darkshadows2069 said:
    One problem I see right now with the cool down period is. if they get hit over and over it is a 3 star pay out each time.  Maybe on the voluntary popping of your bubble instead of it being the full pay out  reduce the pay out to  a 1 star pay out for the full 10 minutes..  

It's a good idea but it will massively favor heavy coiners. A player who coins can simply coin his base toon everytime he decides to pop which makes his base difficult to hit again. So as a neutral player why shouldn't I be paid full infamy if I flat him again. Be it in the cooldown timer or outside. So if only 1 star payout is rewarded, it means coiners basically are gaining a 2 star equivalent everytime they pop to bubble someone (assuming they do a 100% on the base they hit).
    To make it fair to coiners and non-coiners I think the current rules are good.

• JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,276
    I read  a small amount well guess small meant huge cause loses are so great player are leaving alliances cant ;lose 500 cause base want stay bubble and hit 2 bases a day and survive kinda hitting player real deep in the pocket (infamy losses are huge)
  • MyNameNoName
    MyNameNoName
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 21
    My Opinion 

I Agree 5mins ain't enough so 10 minutes it is fair.
    just cancel Platoon VS platoon infamy thing. in my opinion it doesn't make sense.. 
    Very Very bad option so now players won't cover their base with platoons anymore  and they will do more and more self bubble
    no more headaches don't protect your base or loose platoons just sit in bubble and wait for jumpers to land and go hit them

You Really should add and i  (No Relocation if your base is Protected/Bubbled) this will prevent players doing selfies before jumping, we all know all players gets 1 star then they jump.. i think if they want to jump they have to count on their base defenses and not sitting in a bubble then jump.

also Relocation should be free only after 2days of last jumping this will prevents

1-jumpers do hit and run and goes back to their home sector to get another 1 star. and wait for their toons to freely healed. most of players do selfies because of the hits and run jumpers. because they are unable to return the hit. so yes 2days delay for the jump will give the defender to watch enemy base until he pops or simply jail him. 2days delay for jump is not perfect but it is fair for all players and keeps up PVP active.
    So all game now is Hit then run to home sector and get a self bubble. this ain't a war game anymore. many players are fed up. and doing self bubble.

All those 2 options also will help Server Data transfers Not many Jumps instantly and within 1 minute you able to jump 10 sectors

Most of self bubble have zero platoons in base  so zero lost..
    If you can add an option that the base bubble will last ONLY (Based on how much Platoon repair time in your base) then it auto pops is a good option and it will prevent lots of self bubble
    example: 
    a) if someone gives u a self bubble and you have zero repair platoon in your base...your base should NOT go under protection since no repairs in it.
    b) if you have 6hours repairs in your base then your base should stay 6hours or so into bubble.
    c) if you have 10hours repais in your base then you stay 10hours in bubble and so on..
  • RyanWalid
    RyanWalid
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 22
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 5:30AM
    REMOVE THE COOLDOWN ITS A FKING CRAP  what the hell you dont listen already seen 3 members of my team leaving the game due to this cooldown ....... why you did not listen the majority of players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BACK RELOCATE WITH GOLD IF LESS THAN WEEK TO PREVENT HIT AND RUN 
  • SF-WARRIOR
    SF-WARRIOR
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 18
    @Goldendoodle during cool down base should be unattack-able this will make pvp fun again so you can pop and attack and then in a fair manner u will be attacked back without u being able to 69 
  • Stuart Fromengland
    Stuart Fromengland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 305
    personally im glad we got goldendoodle, friendlyfixer and wrongthinker leading the war commander forward, these are awesome changes, will make game fun again actually it already is.

why cant the community instead of crying and focusing on what went wrong congradulate when something has vastly improved.

Have a war path with no bubbles  and then see which of these infamy banks on leaderboard on 0 infamy
  • zeddster79
    zeddster79
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 60
    edited 9 Jun 2018, 6:56AM
    PVP lost in platoon should be 5 max (depending on infamy of player) for easy kill platoons like buggies and riflemen, etc. Other tricky toons PVP lost could be more like 30 or so. Also you need to deduct PVP from player who started toon battle but couldnt kill the toon. Also please add Leave feautre when in a toon battle, its long overdue!  
  • XBlissX
    XBlissX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 31
    I believe you will lose players over the toon infamy thing....i'm debating quitting, which sux as i love this game.
  • XBlissX
    XBlissX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 31
    Who is willing to embargo until they reverse this. <raises hand!
  • kixeyeuser_556124653_32305_1276155
    kixeyeuser_556124653_32305_1276155
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 7
    this new pvp well done kix you destroyed the game  i hit enemy base once get 100 infamy but than get hit 3 times in a row  in a matter of 5 minutes  i loose 300 infamy and just because a player dont coin  kix has no right to not to return his pvp toon which has gone lost during battle well done kix 
  • SKULLCRUSHER
    SKULLCRUSHER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 29
    good job on screwing game even more kixeye just makes me wanna leave game even more watch the number of players drop even more because of these changes with every update there is another problem i used to be on this game alot been playing less and less now game not fun anymore only benifits coiners and hackers now and why anyone would spend money on a broken game they must be mad while you guys just sit back and laugh at them lol  R.I.P WARCOMMANDER
  • the war engineer
    the war engineer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 313
    here's an idea , revamp unit's powers in their descriptions and use that to calculate the infamy gained from a platoon, like this:
    platoon infamy= sum of power inside a platoon/1000)*(player's infamy /100)
    1000 because most of the units have power more than 1000 ,  and also reducing the old legacy units powers to something really small that wouldn't affect the value.
    and the 100 is to give more infamy from a player which have high infamies , and zero infamy from someone that have none.
    01110111 01100001 01110010 0010000001100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100101 01110010
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 632
    The only thing that is achieved is an irresponsible hunt on high-quality PVE-Platoons! it increases the repair times to the bottomless and it is played less and less! Platoons with Rifleman or Rocket Buggy scratch that very very little!

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 632
    It will definitely not be fun at the next events!

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• Gert_S708
    Gert_S708
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 12
    the platoon battle with getting inf is great for the ones that use autoclick. so kixeye is helping the cheaters again with this and make more and more players to cheat.  all in all i think 70% of the"players " are cheaters now . but that is what kixeye want i guess. so many cheats and nothing is done about it. only that kixeye makes it worst i have to say.