Official Campaign Discussion Thread

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    Stormer-M said:
    Plasma damage and super OP range torpedo bombers again?

You do realize that only axis and altairian ships have a chance against those, right?

WHO are these missions for exactly?  If the player has AXIS ships or better then they probably have the liberator blueprint already.

I jumped on an old friends abandoned account to test it out... the dominion carrier got toasted so fast by a long range plasma shower, it was laughable.

I know you guys over there troll us players constantly but this is straight up incompetence.
    but kixeye made these campaigns to help  low/ mid lvl players? i mean thats what they said,  so you are saying as a mid lvl player you cant do them? hmmm...
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Chili Industries Ltd
    Chili Industries Ltd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 567
    No one really seems to get it. There's this fantastic new thing that you absolutely just have to try, and of course there are these great prizes attached to it, so you do whatever it takes to get them. But since you don't have the necessary tech, you have to spend some coins. You coin and max out a fleet, try and fail, so you coin and max out another and so on, till you get it right. That's what everyone does, right? At least that's the lure Kix seems to be hoping everyone will bite.

Of course, by the time you have the tech needed to complete a campaign, you don't actually need any of the prizes.

They never really understood the whole concept of a free to play game, that the more non-coiners they have, the more coiners there will be, with the odd chance that the non-coiners will spend some money as well. Everyone has to coin and non stop, which literally discourages non-coiners from playing, so they lose all their actual coiners.

To say campaigns need tweaking, really IS an understatement. Just like everything else, they are meant for end game players, despite of what the advertisement says.

- Still waiting for the BP pieces that were promised to help low level players catch up, 5 months ago.
  • slim-B
    slim-B
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 62

Still waiting for the lowered build/rep time in T5. That teir has the highest on average build time of all. Hell it's hard enough to catch up with low mk t6 tech....

• kixeyeuser_385029710_23849_3170194
    kixeyeuser_385029710_23849_3170194
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 24

@shyva prime said:
    Sooo , are we not gonna have a campaign for the next week / month ? 
    or will it be released "soon"

https://gyazo.com/fb48a142ccaebf19da0952c5fb358a52 

Saying that the campaigns need a bit of tweaking would be an understatement. Better wait until then.

yea sit and w8 am sure they will return Bigger, Harder, with prizes that make us shame to keep these **** up
    exactly what did happen, i am ashamed just to try these new campaign ****.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    please add more  refit tokens, even noobs/low/mid level players do not need axsis build tokens, you can get them everywhere
  • duane.farthing
    duane.farthing
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 102
    the paladin one is too tough and not enough time. If you stretched it out to a week then the peeps who don't have the paladin would have a chance.
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 299
    Plasma damage is the worst thing that can be done against players in these "campaigns". It is assumed that these campaigns are to "allow players access" to AXIS technology, and not vice versa, "must have" that technology to make the campaign.
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589
    the only real way to do those efficiently is to use plasma shield .... oh wait , it's only Altarian :)
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    edited 29 Jun 2018, 8:35PM
    can the  AXSIS specific build tokens be changed to "build tokens"a s they can be used by anyone on any ship and will benefit everyone again why is it not this way?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,508
    can the  AXSIS specific build tokens be changed to "build tokens"a s they can be used by anyone on any ship and will benefit everyone again why is it not this way?
    Because the campaign is specifically for people who need AXIS tech.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader

Because the campaign is specifically for people who need AXIS tech.
    your whole reasoning is poor and doesn't make any sense,  blank  tokens will allow the same thing as AXIS tokens do AND MORE

please tell me you see that?

AXIS tokens  = build ONLY AXIS
    Blank tokens = build ANY faction

/ argument really unless you have another reason?

or if you just admit kixeye wants it this way to control the reward structure and doesn't want high/end game players having  blank build  tokens to quicken their altarian ships?

I would coincide  to that argument, because if you can be real and gain a lot of player respect that's what it is/
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 2 Jul 2018, 1:28AM
    or if you just admit kixeye wants it this way to control the reward structure and doesn't want high/end game players having  blank build  tokens to quicken their altarian ships?

I would coincide  to that argument, because if you can be real and gain a lot of player respect that's what it is/
    Actually I have been trying to say that here all along, THE CAMPAIGN IS SUPPOSED TO ONLY CATER TO PEOPLE WHO ARE AT OR SLIGHTLY BELOW THE AXIS LEVEL.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Actually I have been trying to say that here all along, THE CAMPAIGN IS SUPPOSED TO ONLY CATER TO PEOPLE WHO ARE AT OR SLIGHTLY BELOW THE AXIS LEVEL.
    that in itself doesn't make any sense, why  limit a activity/reward to one group of players? When they can make the reward useful to everyone, you cant honestly say that's better for the player
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 2 Jul 2018, 3:22AM
    that in itself doesn't make any sense, why  limit a activity/reward to one group of players? When they can make the reward useful to everyone, you cant honestly say that's better for the player
    *Looks at all the Strike events and Supply Runs*
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,648
    It makes a lot of sense, to allow players to catch up... providing blank tokens will achieve exactly the opposite, the gap between players will increase since those already above AXIS level will have an easy task in completing the campaign!
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,785
    It makes a lot of sense, to allow players to catch up... providing blank tokens will achieve exactly the opposite, the gap between players will increase since those already above AXIS level will have an easy task in completing the campaign!
    Indeed. I would love easy tokens as well as much as anyone, but it would not achieve anything like allowing people to catch up.
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,829
     :D 
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    I'm not sure, but do you mean strikes and supply runs re useful for everyone? Because they arent..

mid/high levls strikes are useless
    supply runs  not worth the time for the reward/damage ratio, and AXIS is outdated anyway
    Mid lvls cant do them efficiently either.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589
    will the campaign just be the same everytime for every week ?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 3 Jul 2018, 3:21PM
    I'm not sure, but do you mean strikes and supply runs re useful for everyone? Because they arent..

supply runs  not worth the time for the reward/damage ratio, and AXIS is outdated anyway
    Exactly. The purpose of the Campaigns is like that of the current Strikes and Supply Runs: to provide opportunities for newer players to catch up. Obviously, they are useless to end game players.

If you can't do the events efficiently, you probably need extra auto farming fleets (which is a major part of the old game).
  • Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 169

Kixeye always attempts to over-monetize certain aspects of the game, and it always backfires in their face. When will they figure out that there only so many ways a player can be screwed before he withdraws from the game completely?

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,173

Exactly. The purpose of the Campaigns is like that of the current Strikes and Supply Runs: to provide opportunities for newer players to catch up. Obviously, they are useless to end game players.

If you can't do the events efficiently, you probably need extra auto farming fleets (which is a major part of the old game).
    people cant afford to make autofarmers anymore, especially for that level, they take too much time to build/fit

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,173
    this has probably been noted repeatedly but clarification of the actual campaign results would be nice, the wording and images make it seem as though you would get a blank hull or a BP as a reward when its really just some BP pieces for the hull on offer

• MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 182
    Coelus said:
    this has probably been noted repeatedly but clarification of the actual campaign results would be nice, the wording and images make it seem as though you would get a blank hull or a BP as a reward when its really just some BP pieces for the hull on offer
    If you complete the campaign then you get the full BP.
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 299
    What about, give 5 BA to those people who already have the parts of the campaign ship? instead of giving parts for ship, give BA. This can favor both people who have no / missing parts, and those who have already completed it.
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    What about, give 5 BA to those people who already have the parts of the campaign ship? instead of giving parts for ship, give BA. This can favor both people who have no / missing parts, and those who have already completed it.
    they don't want to help players
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Because as said several times, campaigns are to allow players to catch up... period. There is no need to give anything to players that have already the techs... 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    they don't want to help players
    Pretty selfish comment! let me correct you ...they do not want to help players that have already the techs, they want to help lower ranked players to catch up. Which it is good for the game.