PVP Balance Fixes

  • Zam
    Zam
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    im finding myslef getting the urge to play world of tanks more and more every update every time i bug in a base every time ai get the pop up in dock completing operation and have to refresh. a game this old should have had the bugs ironed out years ago thats what we had beta for aint it 
    The bugs are part of the strategy....I'm sure of it! I play lots of games and none......absolutely NONE have any way near as many issues. Either it's part of the strategy or they are completely and utterly incompetent....either way they don't deserve customers...paying or otherwise! 
    Well, quality has never been Kixeye's thing...this game has always had a DIY sort of feel to it.  The problem with this is that in all of these years, they have never really improved the quality of the product in how it is executed (updates, dugs, glitches, etc) and that means they either don't care=lack of pride (I think this is it) or they are incompetent (even a monkey learns to adapt).  There is a third option, but that is a little bit lunatic fringe, conspiracy theory type=trying to kill the game to cut costs, but artificially creating a situation where so many quit playing that the game is no longer economically viable to maintain.  

    Anyway you slice, Kixeye is not winning the hearts and minds of its customers with all of the screwups and poor rollouts.
    Zam



    Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • d039901
    d039901
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 652
    Look they JUST put out a companion app for the game that must have cost them a decent amount of time and money to release. No corporation is going to put that kind of effort into a game that's "in its death throes."

    People have been saying that about this game for almost seven years now and yet it's still going. It's not what it once was in terms of player volume, but it still has a very loyal and active fan base.
    Alliance: The RIsing
    Current Level: 131
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    Just checking in after 5 months out of the game. So it still sucks then? Ok, well, I won't bother loading my base. back to my other games. Cya lol
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    the only players who are effected by this are the ones who refused to read the CM update and know what is happening.   ITs been pinned for almost 2 weeks now.

    Hey im happy in game for once.   FM was faster then normal, my base is being hit again, and I can hit if I want

  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,100
    Joe_B222 said:
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    the only players who are effected by this are the ones who refused to read the CM update and know what is happening.   ITs been pinned for almost 2 weeks now.

    Hey im happy in game for once.   FM was faster then normal, my base is being hit again, and I can hit if I want


    ^^^^this
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Cerebus_The_Aardvark
    Cerebus_The_Aardvark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 35
    Brilliant move kixeye. Make a fun game suck. Just pull the plug. 

  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,655
    I heard the cure of all things might take weeks before all is done. Looks simply that game is more or less dead indeed and anyway not worth to put any energy in at all.
    Good programmings and testing kixeye ....
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    So what was the god damned point of introducing the tier 7 turrets if you were just gonna make them flipping useless?? Players were actually learning how to combat these turrets effectively, now you just took the challenge away from PvP, and handed most of the players a bottle of lubricant to prepare their back doors. You also affected countermeasures and attacking weapons, why?? Were we getting too good at reducing our coin spending? This method of continuously attacking your players, for playing better than you expected them to, is nothing above sick and twisted!!
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    There have been defining moments in the demise of this game and yesterday was the latest one.   A untested broken update put out that had to have major elements of it, if not the whole campaign withdrawn.   The half measure in the fix for the Pirius does not allow the many players who had the latest fleet from the last raid (Bucs) are not able to attack the target without very high damage.   When you throw on top of the ill advised SSRB/DUB debacle and yesterdays C'Measure debacle which tore at the very fabric of the game,  the outlook is dismal.   Players are voting with their feet. One wonders if there are any grownups left to walk the hall in San Fran and restore some reason to this mess.
    Ray_P   


    Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

    Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

    Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • GardenofTerror
    GardenofTerror
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 56
    I have seen all these comments about how the game sucks and rip off kix over and over again but as long as there are people out there willing to pay to play a free to play game nothing will ever change, i walked away a long time ago because it was a money grab, new fleets were obsolete before they were built unless you coined them, new weapons had countermeasures the day after you won them, I loved beta coined a lot had loads of fun pvp fvf, kix killed it in the rush for a quick fix in the finance department, I am an alpha tester on a new game similar to beta bp now but would still really love to  revisit the black sea days of bp
  • barkersuede
    barkersuede
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 99
    d039901 said:
    Look they JUST put out a companion app for the game that must have cost them a decent amount of time and money to release. No corporation is going to put that kind of effort into a game that's "in its death throes."

    People have been saying that about this game for almost seven years now and yet it's still going. It's not what it once was in terms of player volume, but it still has a very loyal and active fan base.
    I understand what you are saying, but every time they do something like this, large numbers migrate away. Most of the people I know in the game have stopped coining and stay playing to kill a little time and stay in contact with friends they have made here. The ones that do coin have invested so much time and money in the game they find it hard to stop.....but even those are talking about quitting after this latest debacle. It is almost impossible to play this game competitively without investing huge amounts of time and money. Just look at the amount of players on-line now compared to 5 and 6 years ago. People will only take so much and then like me 5 years ago....they will walk away and realise they should have done it long before time.
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 599
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
  • GardenofTerror
    GardenofTerror
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 56
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
    lol no just logged on today out of interest is all, just had news of one of my old alliance dying and it brought back memories, wondered how many players still exist, considering last time i logged on there were 90,000 players online it says a lot for how things are going out there
  • A-Team_Jer-Dog
    A-Team_Jer-Dog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 83
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
    lol no just logged on today out of interest is all, just had news of one of my old alliance dying and it brought back memories, wondered how many players still exist, considering last time i logged on there were 90,000 players online it says a lot for how things are going out there
    I didn't see many level 90s 4 years ago...
  • hitman
    hitman
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987
    Apart from the Scorpian campaign i thought ths was quite a good update. Damage went down in the 117's and base hitting is back
    Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    wolf123 said:
    So what was the god damned point of introducing the tier 7 turrets if you were just gonna make them flipping useless?? Players were actually learning how to combat these turrets effectively, now you just took the challenge away from PvP, and handed most of the players a bottle of lubricant to prepare their back doors. You also affected countermeasures and attacking weapons, why?? Were we getting too good at reducing our coin spending? This method of continuously attacking your players, for playing better than you expected them to, is nothing above sick and twisted!!
    no one was combatting top turrets mate...…………………...not legally anyway

  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
    lol no just logged on today out of interest is all, just had news of one of my old alliance dying and it brought back memories, wondered how many players still exist, considering last time i logged on there were 90,000 players online it says a lot for how things are going out there
    you know this?

     because I am sure you said you no longer play?
  • Evil_Hawk
    Evil_Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 102
    edited 21 Jun 2018, 9:29PM
    Milo-Ant said:
    wolf123 said:
    So what was the god damned point of introducing the tier 7 turrets if you were just gonna make them flipping useless?? Players were actually learning how to combat these turrets effectively, now you just took the challenge away from PvP, and handed most of the players a bottle of lubricant to prepare their back doors. You also affected countermeasures and attacking weapons, why?? Were we getting too good at reducing our coin spending? This method of continuously attacking your players, for playing better than you expected them to, is nothing above sick and twisted!!
    no one was combatting top turrets mate...…………………...not legally anyway

    Maybe, but did the solution they provided "balanced" anything?
  • RYZA
    RYZA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 463
    edited 21 Jun 2018, 11:14PM
    Pretty sure this will push me out of the game. Think I have had enough of the bait and switch.
    Starting to feel the same now.
  • barkersuede
    barkersuede
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 99
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
    lol no just logged on today out of interest is all, just had news of one of my old alliance dying and it brought back memories, wondered how many players still exist, considering last time i logged on there were 90,000 players online it says a lot for how things are going out there
    I didn't see many level 90s 4 years ago...
    Judging by the way you talk on here and in other posts....I doubt you saw anything other than the inside of your mothers womb 4 years ago.
  • prosurfer808
    prosurfer808
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 17
    Kix eye you just cheated and ripped off every player that has supported you for many years. You did the old Bait and switch . You sold us something and long after we all payd for it, you go and make it absolutely worthless.
    Is like selling us a fancy bottle of champagne and than switching it with a can of mountain dew. 
    All in the name of Rebalancing which is and excuse you been way over using. And after all you are the ones who created thuis Off ballance in the first why do we all have to pay the dues for you?
    WE DON"T EVEN LIKE YOU... 
  • RYZA
    RYZA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 463
    edited 22 Jun 2018, 8:35AM
    Kix eye you just cheated and ripped off every player that has supported you for many years. You did the old Bait and switch . You sold us something and long after we all payd for it, you go and make it absolutely worthless.
    Is like selling us a fancy bottle of champagne and than switching it with a can of mountain dew. 
    All in the name of Rebalancing which is and excuse you been way over using. And after all you are the ones who created thuis Off ballance in the first why do we all have to pay the dues for you?
    WE DON"T EVEN LIKE YOU... 
    +1  kixeye abusing its customers as usual for more profit.
  • GardenofTerror
    GardenofTerror
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 56
    Milo-Ant said:
    Hi. This is no fun, not what the players want or the community.

    When a series of updates are going this bad you have no other option than accepting that you failed and do a total rollback to undu the series of ripp of changes done to the game.

    If you do not want to do that, then just pull the plugg and accept the game just got a death sentence from most of the community.

    Regards.
    I stopped playing over 4 years ago, if beta was re released i would be back on in a heartbeat, not the harbin money grab version
    you stopped playing four years ago but you still read forums and comment on a game you no longer play  ...WOW ..mate you need to get out more 
    lol no just logged on today out of interest is all, just had news of one of my old alliance dying and it brought back memories, wondered how many players still exist, considering last time i logged on there were 90,000 players online it says a lot for how things are going out there
    you know this?

     because I am sure you said you no longer play?
    not that i feel the need to explain myself to you but i do keep in touch with the good friends i made in the game, we do all have facebook and some still do play, i no longer play, as i said in an earlier post i am on another game in the alpha testing stage so please try to get the facts or at least think before you post in future
  • WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,117
    the only way to correct your base after the rebalancing and ficing of the CMs 
    Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind
    Goodbye (inspired by Pink floyd)
  • GardenofTerror
    GardenofTerror
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 56
    Hope to see you in the future wally in a fairer game
  • Bob.myler.88866
    Bob.myler.88866
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 126

    Right before bounty..ofc lol

    Coincidence, I am sure.  
  • Mark Lenard
    Mark Lenard
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 253
    Joe_B222 said:
    Evil_Hawk said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Evil_Hawk said:
    SnickerBP said:
    So all in all here is my 2 cents..
       We all enjoyed unbeatable bases for a while... I liked it.. but its over..  I got hit for the first time successfully in a month.. Ego checks are over, people can now smash whole sectors again for cheap...   BUT the other byproduct of this is YOU TOO can do that to them with probably very little changed in your present PVP fleet.     So go for and pillage.. steal the RUM.. drink it.. drive badly still win...     and think longingly of the days where your base was not worth hitting because you had 8 pen turrets that kix 2 months later decided they made TOO powerful...    Nothing surprising there..


    Joe_B222 said:first time in maybe 5 mths that my base has been 100%ed.  

    Padre Prince used a fleet that I thought I countered for with armor.    he had to coin his fleet to do it, but he got me.  

    As expected the turrets did jack and crap to his fleet.  It is back to having the correct guard to kill the attacker.     A smart attacker can pick a guard apart.  SO ya its going to be rough.

    In case you haven't noticed NOTHING have changed yet except some cheating bases can't cheat anymore. I'm just saying...
    you misssed a lot of things if you think nothing has changed.

    PvP turrets are no longer multiplicative. ( its in the patch notes )  maybe you should read them..

    OR go out and hit a base and see how they do not do anything now.  ( which was expected )


    We have a saying in my country "take a big food bite, don't be a big mouth". you are right I was just been hit, 100%, considering that Kix said that those changes will happen with 8.26 update they screwed things as usual. Wish for once to trust them but ...
    Rampage reports told us he they heard the concerns about the patch going in days before bounty.. so they pushed it up. 

    Which is honestly a good thing.   Gives us at least 2 weeks to change some things to hopefully keep people out again.

    as i see it the whales are going to get disappointed when no bounty targets other then low paying fake bases since with nerf medium amd low level coiners will not even try since base defense is gone they would lose half of what they have to whales so why bother it would be best that everyone dont participate in the next one deny whales points

  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    Joe_B222 said:
    Evil_Hawk said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Evil_Hawk said:
    SnickerBP said:
    So all in all here is my 2 cents..
       We all enjoyed unbeatable bases for a while... I liked it.. but its over..  I got hit for the first time successfully in a month.. Ego checks are over, people can now smash whole sectors again for cheap...   BUT the other byproduct of this is YOU TOO can do that to them with probably very little changed in your present PVP fleet.     So go for and pillage.. steal the RUM.. drink it.. drive badly still win...     and think longingly of the days where your base was not worth hitting because you had 8 pen turrets that kix 2 months later decided they made TOO powerful...    Nothing surprising there..


    Joe_B222 said:first time in maybe 5 mths that my base has been 100%ed.  

    Padre Prince used a fleet that I thought I countered for with armor.    he had to coin his fleet to do it, but he got me.  

    As expected the turrets did jack and crap to his fleet.  It is back to having the correct guard to kill the attacker.     A smart attacker can pick a guard apart.  SO ya its going to be rough.

    In case you haven't noticed NOTHING have changed yet except some cheating bases can't cheat anymore. I'm just saying...
    you misssed a lot of things if you think nothing has changed.

    PvP turrets are no longer multiplicative. ( its in the patch notes )  maybe you should read them..

    OR go out and hit a base and see how they do not do anything now.  ( which was expected )


    We have a saying in my country "take a big food bite, don't be a big mouth". you are right I was just been hit, 100%, considering that Kix said that those changes will happen with 8.26 update they screwed things as usual. Wish for once to trust them but ...
    Rampage reports told us he they heard the concerns about the patch going in days before bounty.. so they pushed it up. 

    Which is honestly a good thing.   Gives us at least 2 weeks to change some things to hopefully keep people out again.

    as i see it the whales are going to get disappointed when no bounty targets other then low paying fake bases since with nerf medium amd low level coiners will not even try since base defense is gone they would lose half of what they have to whales so why bother it would be best that everyone dont participate in the next one deny whales points

    base defense is not going..

    Someone who was depending on OP turrets to defend their base is gone.   I got hit daily from SDS7 when I was in alpha, Padre Prince was the only one who got in.    We jumped to the 300 world, a couple people tried and failed.     Then I dumped 250 medals and they haven't hit me for 2 days now.

    Base defense is not dead,  Lazy base defense is. 
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 8:34PM
    turrets do no damage to attacking fleets at all, the deflection armor is too powerful. Turrets are a weapon not eye candy. I tested many bases after the update my fails  were players driving online. My base has been destroyed 3x as a defense fleet without turrets can not defend a base.    I DO NOT SEE BOUNTY AS AN OPTION NOW, I HAVE COINED REFITS TO DEFENDER HULLS. BUT KIXEYE REALLY SCREWED UP PVP    
  • john joseph svelnys
    john joseph svelnys
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 505
    edited 24 Jun 2018, 11:27PM
    kixeye NEEDS TO ADDRESS THE OVER POWERED ARMORS THAT WERE RELEASED AFTER THE TIER 7 TURRETS. As those armors were introduced to counter tier 7 turrets, kixeye broke bases might as well break ships also.
Sign In or Register to comment.