Upcoming Accuracy Bug Fix / Countermeasure Update

• karatekid1966
    karatekid1966
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 32
    how comes cm now don't fire at cold snaps in 111 fm target and not shoot at uav as well but cm turrets in phinex camp shoot all ouy uav like it has done in all of them camps for phinex
  • leewill31
    leewill31
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 306
    The whole game and its experience of fun as been completely **** **** by this bullshit now getting extreme damage from FM'S and Campaigns if this is going to be the norm im well and truly out of this bullshit.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,651
    The changes to the 111s are now live.
    Changes  hahahahaha.  I could do a 111 with my IBs for INSTANT repair. NOW due to the CM NERF I get 4h 37 min damage from ONE 111.
  • Dosai1
    Dosai1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 132
    The changes to the 111s are now live.
    Changes  hahahahaha.  I could do a 111 with my IBs for INSTANT repair. NOW due to the CM NERF I get 4h 37 min damage from ONE 111.
    Guess my 1h 53m damage isn't that bad after all then. LOL
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 80
    A first hit of the 111 this week and i take 1hr and 31mins with zelos/mono fleet...countermeasures not working properly again? Cause i only get little to no damage at all when i do these :(

ok 2nd 111 hit of the day...so instead of fixing the countermeasures, u decide to reduce damage from FM targets, thats the best u got, kix? not really helping...

Related image
  • rickgames
    rickgames
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    This "adjustment" just ensures those who were on the edge of competing will now be left in the dust.  I went from 7-10 minutes repair on a 111 to losing my entire fleet of Ice breakers. Way to go Kixeye.
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    you turned the sprints down to much. i need the 5% from zelos for it to work right, this shouldnt be needed. please fix

• IonDeluxe
    IonDeluxe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 11
    Well this is fantastic. I have just finished refitting two fleets of icebreakers to be able to complete 111FM targets with maybe 15 minutes damage. now my icebreakers gfet swarmed by drones AND then get completely wiped out by the last line of rockets. WTF?
    No mention has been made about reducing anti rocket!!!!!!!!!
    once again, players trying to catch up through the FM get bent over and reamed with nothing to assist them
  • IonDeluxe
    IonDeluxe
    Greenhorn
    Seriously, did you guys even TEST what the result of your tampering would do?
  • The_Judge of sec 14
    The_Judge of sec 14
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 6
    lol... did the mega daily, used to be insta rep for all 3 to my skys, even after refit for the raid it now costs me 4 hours for the run, and dont get me started on FM, used to do 103 with my mono/zelos fleet for 1-2 min damage, now taking 3 hours and my Icebreakers are up from 1h 20min per 111 to 4h 32min.... Nice "fix". 75% of the missiles/rockets/UAV's my ships fire at get through or arent destroyed and anti-mort D not even firing at the morts.... Bad "fix" guys. Working totally opposite as "intended". on a side note, why is it when my skys "fire" off the UAV's, the anti-missile doesnt fire, it waits 2 seconds then starts again, untill the next launch of UAV's, then stops 2 seconds and repeats.... why is that? Anti's on other ships dont stop when launching their weapons, why does it do that on the sky?
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 192
    Question: If a CM say Phalanx tags an inbound missile only once what happens to the rest of the missiles that are part of a salvo fired from turret? Are they each tagged in turn or completely ignored in which case the entire salvo will hit their mark. Same applies with mortars that fire a salvo.
    You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it
  • thomas.j.clark.jr
    thomas.j.clark.jr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 20
    edited 21 Jun 2018, 4:46PM
    Looks like Zelo has been castrated. The CM's shouldn't tag anything and all should keep firing until projectile is either destroyed or hits target. This tagging nonsense, does it only apply to one ships CM's or does it affect the CM's of the entire fleet? Meaning out of 5 ships in a fleet only 1 CM out of possible 5 or more is allowed to shoot at target?
  • Fred Dibner
    Fred Dibner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 198
    My very tricked out IceBreakers now take silly damage even if driven correctly, absolute ridiculous adjustment. Wow proper whacked out with this, another big own goal Kixeye
  • Capt.Bly
    Capt.Bly
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,568
    See, to me herein lies the issue, when these "targets" were designed, they were designed with this "bug" in mind, they knew how they were working and shooting down the weapons fired at them BEFORE the adjustment to "fix" said bug. However, now that the countermeasures have been nerfed, the targets remain the same, in essence doing considerably MORE damage. All that being said, the weapons fire rate, or the damage per projectile should be dialed back to make up for the "fix". that's my take on it all. I've noticed and extra hour of damage PER target on the 117's due to the ineffectiveness of the anti's.
    players first my ****
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    5 elite counter measures and a warden loaded with nightwatch cant keep morts out from a single sloth. 3 or more sloths and you overload them completely, In short folks get rid of your countermeasures in base. they do absolutely nothing to help. 
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • STING001
    STING001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 120
    This the idiot of a company Kixeye is... you made the Trident, a tier 3.25 weapon outperform the Sprint which is a Tier 6.  Your Customer Support sucks, they must not play the game and are clueless... 

REQUEST #4179040WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ZELOS

STING001

My Zelos did great with Tridents on them, since I several days of Zelo build tokens, I upgraded all of the to Sprints. WHAT A JOKE! Thanks for nerfing thing since now they are taking all kinds of damage. Your doing a great job making it an easier choice of quitting this game. Chores Chores and more chores then we get screwed on top that.

Hank McCoy

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry that you are currently unsatisfied with the Zelos. I would need some more details regarding the targets to offer you a definitive answer. The game team has not announced any changes to that hull.

HOWEVER, they did make this announcement on the forums. This MIGHT be an answer to your inquiry. Check it out when you have a moment:

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737215

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
      KIXEYE Customer Support

STING001

Well I can only guess what details??? I had Tridents on my Zelos, switched them to Sprints. My driving has not changed in a 111. Before I could do a 111 with NO DAMAGE, now after putting Sprints on a 1/4 of my flight is killed in a 111 doing the same driving. FYI, I use a Prime, 3 regular Zelos and one Mono. Before Kixeye reduced the points in a 111 and you just had to kill 3 times as many putting in a ton of seat time... Now Kixeye just ups the damage. So if YOU play this game, you would understand what I am talking about with these details... So please give me a straight answer.

Abe Jenkins

Hey Joseph,

While I can't say exactly what happened based solely on your description. Every combat is different even the smallest changes in driving can make a difference, the ranges on your countermeasures may have changed effecting things. If you think something is off please submit a video of an attack and we can take a look at it.

Thank you,
      KIXEYE Customer Support

I could not have made it anymore crystal clear.  Simply put you do not give a crap about the player base, you just want us to send money and STFU.  This game is DEAD DEAD DEAD because YOU ARE KILLING IT!
  • thomas.j.clark.jr
    thomas.j.clark.jr
    Greenhorn
    edited 22 Jun 2018, 4:10AM
    STING001 said:
    This the idiot of a company Kixeye is... you made the Trident, a tier 3.25 weapon outperform the Sprint which is a Tier 6.  Your Customer Support sucks, they must not play the game and are clueless... 

REQUEST #4179040WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ZELOS

STING001

My Zelos did great with Tridents on them, since I several days of Zelo build tokens, I upgraded all of the to Sprints. WHAT A JOKE! Thanks for nerfing thing since now they are taking all kinds of damage. Your doing a great job making it an easier choice of quitting this game. Chores Chores and more chores then we get screwed on top that.

Hank McCoy

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry that you are currently unsatisfied with the Zelos. I would need some more details regarding the targets to offer you a definitive answer. The game team has not announced any changes to that hull.

HOWEVER, they did make this announcement on the forums. This MIGHT be an answer to your inquiry. Check it out when you have a moment:

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/737215

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
      KIXEYE Customer Support

STING001

Well I can only guess what details??? I had Tridents on my Zelos, switched them to Sprints. My driving has not changed in a 111. Before I could do a 111 with NO DAMAGE, now after putting Sprints on a 1/4 of my flight is killed in a 111 doing the same driving. FYI, I use a Prime, 3 regular Zelos and one Mono. Before Kixeye reduced the points in a 111 and you just had to kill 3 times as many putting in a ton of seat time... Now Kixeye just ups the damage. So if YOU play this game, you would understand what I am talking about with these details... So please give me a straight answer.

Abe Jenkins

Hey Joseph,

While I can't say exactly what happened based solely on your description. Every combat is different even the smallest changes in driving can make a difference, the ranges on your countermeasures may have changed effecting things. If you think something is off please submit a video of an attack and we can take a look at it.

Thank you,
      KIXEYE Customer Support

I could not have made it anymore crystal clear.  Simply put you do not give a crap about the player base, you just want us to send money and STFU.  This game is DEAD DEAD DEAD because YOU ARE KILLING IT!
    I was doing 111's for 7-8 minutes of damage with my Icebreaker fleet before the "fix" and now i'm getting 6.5 hours repair. Same fleet i've done last 4 FM's with and could do at least 18 lvl 111's before I let them repair overnight, now it looks like I can only do one every 6.5 hrs. =(
  • The_Real_One
    The_Real_One
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 25

In response to community feedback, we are making an effort to address long standing bugs and quality of life concerns. Here are two we discovered that had major impact to your recent experience, that will be in part of the 8.26 update scheduled for the week of June 26.

Accuracy Bug

The Battle Pirates team has discovered a bug which has caused any weapon or countermeasure equipped to a ship (both players’ and enemies’) to unintentionally be granted a 100% bonus to accuracy. We want to ensure that equipment is working as their stats indicate, so we have fixed this issue to remove the bonus to accuracy.

To ensure this does not dramatically change your gameplay experience, the team is working to rebalance the targets that have been released since this bug was introduced back in February. This process may take several weeks and during that time please don’t hesitate to make note of your experience through feedback so that we can ensure we balance combat accordingly. Due to the large number of targets, and the variety of builds that people use, we’re counting on coordination with the community to stabilize this aspect of gameplay and we appreciate your input.

For reference, there are  a number of places this bug touches the game:

• PVE Targets

• All of your ship mounted weapons and countermeasures

• All enemy ship mounted weapons and countermeasures

• PVP

• All conqueror weapons and countermeasures

• All defender weapons and countermeasures

TL;DR

• Correcting bug that granted 100% accuracy buff to ship mounted weapons and countermeasures

• Adjusting targets to maintain current experience

• If you see something that looks unexpected please let us know

Countermeasure Update

The team is updating the way that countermeasures work, to bring them in line with the expectations of how they should behave.

Currently, most countermeasures that target rockets or missiles get a single shot at countering that projectile, while countermeasures that target mortars get multiple shots at countering that projectile.  UAVs act differently, in that they can get targeted by countermeasures until they reach their first target, at which point the UAVs become immune and will move from target to target .

When introducing countermeasures that were able to target both mortars and missiles, such as Zelo’s built in Duality Countermeasure and the Nightwatch Countermeasure, this introduced problems with how they interacted with projectiles.  A dual countermeasure treated both missiles and mortars the same, which means it either repeatedly targeted both missiles and mortars, or it only took one shot at either missiles or mortars. As such, combining these countermeasures with other countermeasures could cause poor performance (see Example #1 below).

When a missile is fired at by a countermeasure, it is “tagged” so that it will not be targeted again.  When a mortar is fired at by a countermeasure, it is not tagged and can continued to be targeted by counter measures.  Currently, this tag is defined by the countermeasure. Moving forward, we are changing this to tag a projectile, or not, based on the specific projectile that it is firing at. Let’s look at some examples:

Example #1:

Currently: The Nightwatch Countermeasure is “tagging” all projectiles it shoots at.  So, if you have equipped a Nightwatch Countermeasure and Gale Defense System III and the Nightwatch shoots a mortar, it becomes “tagged” and the Gale Defense System III will no longer target it.  
    After the Update: Nightwatch Countermeasure no longer “tags” mortars and Gales Defense System III continues to fire at that mortar (as will the Nightwatch).

Example #2

Currently: The Zelo’s built-in Duality Countermeasure does not “tag” any of the projectiles it shoots at, which means that it can repeatedly target any missiles or rockets that it fires at. However,if you had a Phalanx Anti-Missile System IV equipped on your Zelos, once it targeted a missile it would be “tagged” and no additional countermeasures (including Duality Countermeasures) would target it.

After the Update: Zelo’s Duality Countermeasure “tags” missiles or rockets that it fires at, and no other countermeasures fire at them.

Changes to Specific Items

Countermeasure

Before Fix

After Fix

Deep Sea Countermeasure .      

Repeatedly targets all valid projectiles.         

Targets missiles & rockets only once.

Repeatedly targets mortars.

Nightwatch Mortars

Targets each projectile only once.

Coxial Turret

Targets each projectile only once.

Elite Countermeasures

Duality Countermeasure

Target missiles & rockets only once.

TL;DR

• We are updating counter measures to act as expected, and maintain consistency across the game

• Mortars and UAVs will be targeted by countermeasures repeatedly

• Missiles and Rockets will be targeted by countermeasures once

Conclusion

With both of these changes, your experience in Battle Pirates is being brought much closer to what is expected based on listed stats.  We are striving to improve the experience of Battle Pirate every day, and we appreciate your being a part of this journey.

If I took out a lawsuit on your ****, you would loose based on this. You have know this for a long time just like other issues that affected players paying coins. Just saying.

Ron T Kiser 
  • The_Real_One
    The_Real_One
    Potential Threat
    It's a cluster **** there... No one listens to players. They put out **** to create more money for them thru their errors. This game is so **** up.. Just saying.

Ron T Kiser 
  • The_Real_One
    The_Real_One
    Potential Threat
    Legally bait and switch comes in to play here. Depending on the state your are in, its three times damages including man hours played based on federal wages with Davas Bacon Act. Just saying.

Ron T Kiser 
  • The_Real_One
    The_Real_One
    Potential Threat
    Total **** game has gone BS... Everytime an update comes out, we are ****...coins coins and more coins. but they let hackers get away with it. complete bs.
    Ron T Kiser 
  • iwrk4dedpr
    iwrk4dedpr
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 887
    Nice to see an explanation.  Transparency is the best.
  • Mum-Mad
    Mum-Mad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 31
    All i can say is FM is more easy for me then last weeks, i could do 2 x 117 with dragons before update and get them repairing for like 7-8 hours, now i can do 4 x 117 for same damage. With the 111 target, i get same damage (seconds) or no damage with 2 zelos and 3 monos fleet. So really dont know how everyone is geting more damage, really. NeveR tought i would say this but here I go: GOOD JOB KIXEYE!!!!!!!!
  • dragoon25
    dragoon25
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 51
    Mum-Mad said:
    All i can say is FM is more easy for me then last weeks, i could do 2 x 117 with dragons before update and get them repairing for like 7-8 hours, now i can do 4 x 117 for same damage. With the 111 target, i get same damage (seconds) or no damage with 2 zelos and 3 monos fleet. So really dont know how everyone is geting more damage, really. NeveR tought i would say this but here I go: GOOD JOB KIXEYE!!!!!!!!
    if i had to guess i would say that they are running 1 zelo/4mono instead of the 2zelos/3mono fleet (since i've seen someone earlier post that fleet with some damage) or maybe they are driving a different way. It could also be something else i am not seeing though.
  • IonDeluxe
    IonDeluxe
    Greenhorn
    The skyfire missions are now out of reach too. Those rocket turrets do too much damage with the current counter measure system. Even when using remote targeting it only takes 3 hit from these rockets to wipe the entire fleet.
  • thomas.j.clark.jr
    thomas.j.clark.jr
    Greenhorn
    edited 23 Jun 2018, 3:19AM
    IonDeluxe said:
    Ok, now new "adjusted" 111 FM targets. no change in the results. My entire IB fleet gets wiped where before I would take from 10 to 30 minutes damage on Auto and insta repair when I drove. Driving now makes no difference. Sprints are not taking out the last line of rockets in the 111 causing this. Sprints and rockets have nothing to do with what you have listed therefore you may have "fixed" the "bug" but now you have broke the Anti rocket.
    As your post does not mention either rockets or sprints the obvious conclusion is you broke the anti rocket formula, or sprints or both. Therefore your "bug fix" does not work and therefore it needs to be rolled back and playes reimbursed more than a mingy couple of tokens that DO NOT cover the damage and losses.
    For the record, my icebreakers initially came with a single trident(yes I bought them) and I had no problems with 111's. I have since upgraded them to 2 sprints, anti missile IV and anti motor "C's" and that was good. minimal rocket or UAV damage, no rocket damage.
    Now they cannot take out more than 2 salvos of rockets which does not allow them enough time to destroy the building which uncloaks the rocket towers and get out of range. They simply cannot turn fast enough despite engine VI's

Roll back the patch, then fix and TEST a new fix properly before applying it.

I am bewildered why you would fix this long running bug ( has been years I believe) without proper testing and alteration of all targets (not just FM) when far more urgent bugs need fixing such as the research and development bug which will exclude many people from participation in announced raids!
    Before the "fix" my IB's could do 18 lvl 111 garrisons before requiring repair. On an 111 Garrison I was getting 8 minutes damage and now I'm getting 6.5hrs damage from only one. I could fight until fleet needed repair and I'd have around 2.7m with a 6hr repair that i'd do over night and now the same fleet gets a 6.5hr repair and 150k off of ONE.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Cm nerf helped my base. Even though they've been nerfed, they actually work now. Last two attackers barely scratched my fleet and timed out long before doing any serious damage to my op. 

I'll take nerfed, working cm's over non-nerfed, non-working cm's any day.