Prophet Boss Base -- Units Discussion -- All Comments Welcome

Perry299
Perry299
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,142
Thought i would get the community's input on what they would like to see used in the Prophet Boss Bases... I have had a couple of comments directed at my strategies and preferred units to the affect that it is unfair... SO... 

• Please kindly list what units are NOT ACCEPTABLE , meaning something that a small percentage of people have... 

I have seen several say my  ( Goldies plat and Omega Siege ) are 2 of those units that not everyone has so those will be ELIMINATED...

I will try to do a video using COMMON units that a large percentage of people have to hopefully show you that there is always a way to bend them over...

Thanks
"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Benji F
    Benji F
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 797

Rocket bugy evert must have. :D

• Jim93843
    Jim93843
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,356
    i wouldn't worry about catering to anybody.
    as far as common units that most will likely have...
    elite versions of the one of a kind uniques.
    with level 13-18 Gen1-2 units, level 8-12 gen 3.
    plat capacities of around 2500.
  • Ahmid libya
    Ahmid libya
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 3

darkstorm and some drakons

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord

@Ahmid libya said:
    darkstorm and some drakons

I need you to list units that CANT be used because they are only available to a small percentage of the community....

Example.... my baldur/punisher plat or omega siege squadron

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • HojoH
    HojoH
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 53
    edited 5 Jun 2018, 7:39PM
    Just an opinion mind you, but it seems Elite bases should be able to be taken with Standard Units. Likewise, Omega Bases should be takeable with Elite Units. To me that seems like a natural progression. To have an Elite Unit base that needs to be taken with Omega or Rare Teched Units flies in the face of a realistic path to advancing in the game.
    Plan your Upgrades... Upgrade your Plans...

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    HojoH said:
    Just an opinion mind you, but it seems Elite bases should be able to be taken with Standard Units. Likewise, Omega Bases should be takeable with Elite Units. To me that seems like a natural progression. To have an Elite Unit base that needs to be taken with Omega or Rare Teched Units flies in the face of a realistic path to advancing in the game.
    Kixeye never players fair, so i learned a very long time ago starting actually with the Hydra Boss that i wasn't gonna play fair either and teched up... been straight butter ever since...... however i do agree with you on your point... also one thing you have to remember is that as far as unique units in game from SO you can get help to obtain those... they always want to dangle the carrot in front of you.. i call it job #2

• Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 685
    Im a long term player, but i lack certain super units  and older tech like Omega / elite  siege, and the proper tech/baldour to do it that way also..
    I have access to all new faction units level 14/ 15 able to build at least 10 of any of them. A good amount of tech for them , should be able to fully tech up 10 + .  Depoly is 2900.
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Delphinus said:
    Im a long term player, but i lack certain super units  and older tech like Omega / elite  siege, and the proper tech/baldour to do it that way also..
    I have access to all new faction units level 14/ 15 able to build at least 10 of any of them. A good amount of tech for them , should be able to fully tech up 10 + .  Depoly is 2900.
    i am working on it
  • Terry_B832
    Terry_B832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 42
    I can say I was upset with the new boss base. I consider my self a med/high lvl after returning almost 1 year ago after leaving for 3 yrs. I did finally figure out a way to do the bases using E DS, Caretaker, Vins, Sunder and a Purifier. for air I used E SS and O Titan. I got about 2 hrs repair which I felt was acceptable using gen 1 units. I do still feel bases are over powered for an elite lvl part but proves you have to use units you have to accomplish the mission.
  • DOUBLE DOG
    DOUBLE DOG
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 4,067
    edited 6 Jun 2018, 4:22PM
    Perry299 said:
    Thought i would get the community's input on what they would like to see used in the Prophet Boss Bases... I have had a couple of comments directed at my strategies and preferred units to the affect that it is unfair... SO... 

• Please kindly list what units are NOT ACCEPTABLE , meaning something that a small percentage of people have... 

I have seen several say my  ( Goldies plat and Omega Siege ) are 2 of those units that not everyone has so those will be ELIMINATED...

I will try to do a video using COMMON units that a large percentage of people have to hopefully show you that there is always a way to bend them over...

Thanks
    This is a good post.In my opinion everyone should have the darkstorm.Just having that is key to defeating the 105 prophet base.I do know that having some high damage units is also important.I just hope that the prophet that we get are as powerful health wise as the one we are fighting in the 105 base.I know just dreaming here, ours wont be anywhere close to the kixeye version.
    What has happened to this once great game.
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 606
    unit from boss base , make much damage for all players 
    TAO--DAN
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord

@RVC DAN said:
    unit from boss base , make much damage for all players 

Not all players and not if done correctly