Auto pilot gone wrong ?

klkk1234
klkk1234
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 26

Hi kixeye,

I realise after this week update. My zelo fleet no longer able to auto pilot the FM 111 anymore.

1. My fleet either stuck aiming at the torp tower OR
  2. My zelo fleet of 5 ships, always split into 2 groups. They move seperately. One of the group is 2 ships. The other is 3 ships. The one with 2 ships got killed by the drac uav and the group with 3 ships is aiming the torp tower insider the base.

Why is that so ? Did you guys changed anything that intentionally cause autopilot to fail so that we have to coin and cannot autopilot ?

Thanks

• Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,000

Why not drive it?
    Or just supervise it?

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • klkk1234
    klkk1234
    Potential Threat

@Fleas_In_My_Beard said:
    Why not drive it?
    Or just supervise it?

Becos it will take me 15 mins to complete a fm 111. If it can autopilot as previous, I can finish 2 fm 112 with my inferno

• klkk1234
    klkk1234
    Potential Threat

Which also means that i will get 450k points in 15 mins

• wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 984
    go in at a different angle
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488

@wing-dang-doodle said:

Same start point irrespective of angle for entry.

@klkk1234 said:
    Hi kixeye,

I realise after this week update. My zelo fleet no longer able to auto pilot the FM 111 anymore.

2. My zelo fleet of 5 ships, always split into 2 groups. They move seperately. One of the group is 2 ships. The other is 3 ships. The one with 2 ships got killed by the drac uav and the group with 3 ships is aiming the torp tower insider the base.

Why is that so ? Did you guys changed anything that intentionally cause autopilot to fail so that we have to coin and cannot autopilot ?

Thanks

Group them up kill first carrier and press S.
    Chances are someone has killed the small pin at the start, this causes split.

• Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader

@LofLLightningStrike said:

@wing-dang-doodle said:

@klkk1234 said:
    Hi kixeye,

Thanks

Sounds like you've been there, done that..

• sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488

@LofLLightningStrike said:

@wing-dang-doodle said:

@klkk1234 said:
    Hi kixeye,

Thanks

Sounds like you've been there, done that..

Believe it or not, I haven't, just seen it in game and discussed here / TFC a few times.
    From the description, I am certain it's the pin being killed.

• jbnlwilliams
    jbnlwilliams
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 70
    Slightly off topic I guess, but close.   When autoing 111's , how do you avoid the mines, I take all damage from mines not turrets.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,425

Autopilot does not see mines as an obstacle so will not drive around it

There is no way to avoid mines on autopilot.

Even bad drivers hit mines
    To avoid mines must drive and have good captain skills

• klkk1234
    klkk1234
    Potential Threat

The thing is I dont mind my zelo fleet hit the mine. The dmg is negligible. The big problem is the fleet of 5 ships, split itself into 2 groups. A group of 2 and group of 3. The group of 2 will move forward to the drac uav and got killed there. The group of 3 will get stuck aiming the torp tower inside the base.

I dont know why the sudden change. It was fine 2 or 3 weeks ago.

My zelo fleet can auto about 8 x fm111 previously. Now, not even 1.

• MDCM-ICE
    MDCM-ICE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 286

@wing-dang-doodle said:

@klkk1234 said:
    Hi kixeye,

Thanks

which pin are you talking about mate please show me a screenshot lol i need to see this
    reason why you shouldnt tell your uncle about photoshop xD http://prntscr.com/eliwl6
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,948

@MDCM-ICE said:
    LofLLightningStrike said:

@wing-dang-doodle said:

@klkk1234 said:

Hi kixeye,

* My fleet either stuck aiming at the torp tower OR
    * My zelo fleet of 5 ships, always split into 2 groups. They move seperately. One of the group is 2 ships. The other is 3 ships. The one with 2 ships got killed by the drac uav and the group with 3 ships is aiming the torp tower insider the base.

Thanks

which pin are you talking about mate please show me a screenshot lol i need to see this

the small turret platform at the start, noobs kill that all the time because it's free points.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader

@The Qing said:

@MDCM-ICE said:
    LofLLightningStrike said:

@wing-dang-doodle said:

@klkk1234 said:

Hi kixeye,

* My fleet either stuck aiming at the torp tower OR
    * My zelo fleet of 5 ships, always split into 2 groups. They move seperately. One of the group is 2 ships. The other is 3 ships. The one with 2 ships got killed by the drac uav and the group with 3 ships is aiming the torp tower insider the base.

Thanks

the small turret platform at the start, noobs kill that all the time because it's free points.

Even seasoned pirates kill them--usually because they're in catch-up mode.
    I call it an unfinished turret myself. Because it pays out the points of a turret.
    Obviously it's there for poor pirates to steal.. My theory, anyway

• sotired
    sotired
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 78
    klkk1234 said:

Hi kixeye,

Thanks

If using the IB's and you DO NOT have substantial splash and went with siege batteries with higher building damage you will stop at that torp in the right corner as next target and no way to get to it. If you go with splash option for high splash that torp tower is killed during platform corner kill and you can auto. I have confirmed this with 2 separate fleets one high splash one high building damage.

as far as Zelos I don't run them but my best guess is the first unarmed platform is destroyed prior, but please test that theory go watch the battle see where they split
  • klkk1234
    klkk1234
    Potential Threat
    Everything actually went fine as usual. My zelo fleet just stops at the torp tower inside the drac base. Pin or no pin is the same
    My thought is Kixeye change the torp tower nearer to the building, so players cannot auto

• sotired
    sotired
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 78
    klkk1234 said:
    Everything actually went fine as usual. My zelo fleet just stops at the torp tower inside the drac base. Pin or no pin is the same
    My thought is Kixeye change the torp tower nearer to the building, so players cannot auto

After more testing around I will agree something was changed I did a few more refits and realized with the IB's its not the splash it is actually the fleet that stops is a kixeye built fleet the one that doesn't stop was a built by player fleet.

That said are the monos you use kixeye built from an offer? I put in a ticket about it and of course was blown off and given 25 gold the kixeye stanard
  • klkk1234
    klkk1234
    Potential Threat
    sotired said:
    klkk1234 said:

After more testing around I will agree something was changed I did a few more refits and realized with the IB's its not the splash it is actually the fleet that stops is a kixeye built fleet the one that doesn't stop was a built by player fleet.

That said are the monos you use kixeye built from an offer? I put in a ticket about it and of course was blown off and given 25 gold the kixeye stanard
    I am a non coiner. Can't log ticket. I spent almost 3 months building and refitting the Zelo fleet.