8.21 Official Discussion Thread

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,178
Commanders,

Please discuss everything regarding the 8.21 Release here.

Release Notes
Shadow Ops Briefing
Prophet Boss Base Briefing
Raid Update Briefing
WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • hogy75
    hogy75
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 162
    A successful battle grants Elite Prophet Parts and 25k Medals. You need 40 Elite Parts to upgrade your Darkstorm to Elite, which increases the power of the Unit. Typo need to change darkstorm to prophet . ]
  • Arthur-1970
    Arthur-1970
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 146
    Will Prophet still hit air after we get it? Or will it be changed as with the Darkstorm?
  • KING-HAITHAM
    KING-HAITHAM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 34

Look at omega phantom bases ! i destroyed 15 bases but all i got was thoruim !! No o phantom workshop ???

GLORY_Me !
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,702

@KING-HAITHAM said:
    Look at omega phantom bases ! i destroyed 15 bases but all i got was thoruim !! No o phantom workshop ???

This has nothing to do with this weeks update

WC ID 3439259
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,986

The Omega Phantom bases has a low chance to drop components upon completion which means that you may be forced to hit a lot of bases before you unlock a component.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • KING-HAITHAM
    KING-HAITHAM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 34

@Axel L said:
    KING-HAITHAM said:

The Omega Phantom bases has a low chance to drop components upon completion which means that you may be forced to hit a lot of bases before you unlock a component.

Seriously bro ! 20 base for 1 piece workshop !!!

GLORY_Me !
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 24 May 2018, 8:00PM

@Axel L said:
    KING-HAITHAM said:

Seriously bro ! 20 base for 1 piece workshop !!!

This has been reported few times on the forums that players have to hit around 20 bases to get 1 tech. I would prefer if kixeye updated the Omega Titan/Sandstorm/Phantom bases in order to make the tech a guaranteed drop but sadly, it hasn't happened any major changes to the base since introduction.

At this phase, I hit the base occasionally to at least increase the likelihood of getting some of the tech but at least, the base can at least be used as a supply of thorium.
  • Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,545
    edited 24 May 2018, 10:31PM
    Quite scared of the Prophet Boss base, with how bad the Darkstorm base got, completely changed the base, keep making it harder and harder.  Its like WHAT can they do.

ALSO also having entire bases now not being able to be attacked, is just wrong, this game is about taking out bases, and this trend could be VERY bad.   They could single handedly wipe out all by the most useful of units that employ that specific tactic.
  • Ron Cohen
    Ron Cohen
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 408
    When did the shock turret get two new levels?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,392

@Ron Cohen said:

Same update as the event I believe, the event video mentions it but I didn't notice it anywhere else.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Ron Cohen said:
    I think this update didn't get announced during the downtime and release notes. On the other hand, I think the upgrades got added on the week 19 maintenance as I noticed the change between the week 19 and 20 maintenance and I'm pretty sure that the upgrades didn't get added at an earlier point.
  • ghoward666
    ghoward666
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 12
    ENOUGH of the stupid spiders.  Have your designers lost the ability to think of new combat like real weapons and units without having to do fantasy.  And now it seems your units will never die, they come back at full strength in 30 seconds.  Meanwhile, all you give us is single use bull**** that we don't even get to use its entire health.  If you are trying to make us all quit, you are doing an excellent job.  If you want to keep this game alive, you have to do a LOT better than this
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 705
    ENOUGH of the stupid spiders.  Have your designers lost the ability to think of new combat like real weapons and units without having to do fantasy.  And now it seems your units will never die, they come back at full strength in 30 seconds.  Meanwhile, all you give us is single use bull**** that we don't even get to use its entire health.  If you are trying to make us all quit, you are doing an excellent job.  If you want to keep this game alive, you have to do a LOT better than this
    The game takes part in a post apocalyptic world,which means society is seperated and technology had massively evolved.The spiders use some kind of micro technology to fix itself.You can shock them,which is the balance part.Also,single use units are a great addition to the game,they help you reduce the unit you use and and reduce your repair time.Galen was a great addition for the last event,many players could advance in hard missions such as 45-70.Its the natural cycle of the WC community,people say its hard,Kix removes it,when its gone,people want it back.Its a never ending cycle.
  • RyanWalid
    RyanWalid
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 28
    holy chiit nothing more to say
  • ghoward666
    ghoward666
    Greenhorn
    Sasuke970 said:
    The game takes part in a post apocalyptic world,which means society is seperated and technology had massively evolved.The spiders use some kind of micro technology to fix itself.You can shock them,which is the balance part.Also,single use units are a great addition to the game,they help you reduce the unit you use and and reduce your repair time.Galen was a great addition for the last event,many players could advance in hard missions such as 45-70.Its the natural cycle of the WC community,people say its hard,Kix removes it,when its gone,people want it back.Its a never ending cycle.
    I am confident in saying NO ONE will miss spiders when they are gone.  #1 complaint of players i know.
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 705
    Sasuke970 said:
    I am confident in saying NO ONE will miss spiders when they are gone.  #1 complaint of players i know.
    Technically some will not,some will... :smiley:

• ghoward666
    ghoward666
    Greenhorn
    let us have them then.  And not single use but forever never die units like you throw at us.  You can shock them?  thats your balance?  do you even play the game?   How about a tech item that they stay dead, even on later attacks

• Dune Rader
    Dune Rader
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 787
    There should be only one more event with the spiders  and that should give us a way of at least stopping them from resembling at least, just a question if kixeye wishes to take them back out of the game permanently or have them come back at a latter time.  This remains to be seen.  
    Respect, Courage and Wisdom
  • Ratzzz
    Ratzzz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 203
    Yes but ghoward666 has a point. We have been fighting and defeating these pests for months now. Why wouldn't we in fact be taking onboard the technical advancements from the destroyed bases and add it to our own spiders. That would make those old puppies worthwhile again lol