Fast Questions

Z e u s
Z e u s
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 150
hi all commanders ,

1- how many events do the new unit omega bases appear before they change? 

2- does war dog has any useful use nowadays ? 

3- after the great effort that developesr did with onyx units (painful to players but really great effort)  , shall we expect it to be a new player faction ?

4-  is there a rule for deploying air units either in pvp or pve ? i mean if i deploy ground units from certain hex will air come for sure from another certain hex or is it random ?

THANKS in advance 
01000001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101000 01101001 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110
  • Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 507
    Z e u s said:
    hi all commanders ,

3- after the great effort that developesr did with onyx units (painful to players but really great effort)  , shall we expect it to be a new player faction ?

4-  is there a rule for deploying air units either in pvp or pve ? i mean if i deploy ground units from certain hex will air come for sure from another certain hex or is it random ?

THANKS in advance 
    1. About 3 events for each omega version
    2. Not many, I mostly use them for scouting and disarm mines for my caretaker 
    3. No, if we really have Onyx faction, how would you expect the repair time for each individual spiders? Or the OP 'resurrection' effect on PvP. The balance would be extremely difficult for such faction.
    4. The air deployment is based on the location where the base you attack from the location of your own base.
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,699
    edited 24 May 2018, 10:04AM
    Here are my answers to each of the questions.

Question 1:
    Z e u s said:
    Answer: A unit is most commonly featured in 3 months in a row as a sector goal award and this rule has stayed consistent since the Elite Phantom got released as a sector goal award. On the other hand, sometimes, you would get a 4th event to hit the bases if a Nightmare event got added directly after the main event.

Question 2:
    Z e u s said:
    Answer: The main uses for the War Dog at this time is to sniff out land mines and to effectively take down long range infantry units like Drakons at short range. On the other hand, I do very rarely use the War Dog.
    Question 3:
    Z e u s said:
    Answer: Technically, the Onyx is a pretty new faction. On the other hand, the Onyx units cannot be controlled by the player at this point in any shape or form like being a single use unit. In addition to that, you cannot be allied with the Onyx. I would prefer to see ti stay that we cannot join every single faction in order to give room for developing the existing factions and to reduce the confusion between the factions.

On the other hand, it could be interesting if we could use the Onyx units at some point in the future in either the form of Spec Ops or Single-Use units just for pure enjoyment of using them.
    Question 4:
    Z e u s said:
    Answer: The direction where the airborne units will spawn in dependent on the location of the base you are attacking relative to your base. The airborne units will in general always spawn from the same direction as where your base is located. For instance, if you attack a base to the east of your base, the air will spawn to the west in the base and vice versa if you attack a base from the west. The same thing do also apply to if you attack a base to the north, you will see your air spawn to the south.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • MaximiIian
    MaximiIian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 626

How fast are they? Approximately?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,699

Which unit are you referring to?
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • MaximiIian
    MaximiIian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 626

@Axel L said:
    MaximiIian said:

The fast questions Op is talking about

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,697

@MaximiIian said:

@Axel L said:
    MaximiIian said:

The fast questions Op is talking about

Speed directly corresponds to your WC IQ

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Sasuke970
    Sasuke970
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 453
    Z e u s said:
    hi all commanders ,

THANKS in advance 
    Hello!

Answers:

1.Approximately 3 months.They'll change after a new unit is introduced to the Shadow Ops campaign.

2.The War Dog is very useful,it applies concussion at level 10,which is useful against certain infantries.Also another popular usage for the War Dog is the ability to seek out for mines if you set it to Fire At Will (F).In the Onyx event people rarely use it.But it may be popular when other events are introduced.War Dog stats:http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/War_Dog

3.Unfortunately not,if Onyx manages to be a faction available for the players,this will seriously break the game's balance.Never ending revives,exclusive turrets will break the game instantly.

4.It depends on the mission.On your top left corner,you'll see where is the entrance for your units gonna be.Also in non event bases and special Rogue Faction bases,air units will be deployed based on where is your base from your enemy.Example,the enemy you're attacking far East of your base,so your air will be deployed in the opposite direction which is the West side.

I hope these tips can help you.Good luck!