What happened to Backyard Monsters?

Bluebeard_the_Elder
Bluebeard_the_Elder
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 3
Backyard Monsters has been hanging up at the "Logging In" screen for a couple of months now. Does anyone know what's going on there?
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    Not a clue. Im able to login in just fine, so Im not sure what might be causing you to have issues.
    Try a different browser, or maybe Facebook Gameroom if you're willing to trust Facebook with a direct line to your computer.
  • Bluebeard_the_Elder
    Bluebeard_the_Elder
    Greenhorn
    Well, I don't trust Facebook, that's why I use a separate computer running Linux (Mint 17 Qiana Mate 64-bit) and Firefox for Facebook. I can try another browser but Mint uses its own version of Flash that may not be compatible with other browsers. Thanks for your help.
  • Bluebeard_the_Elder
    Bluebeard_the_Elder
    Greenhorn
    BTW - I've been playing Backyard Monsters on this setup for a few years now with no problem.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948

Most odd. Have you tried clearing your cache? Other than that and Thane's suggestions, I can't think of anything that might help, sadly

• Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Well, I don't trust Facebook, that's why I use a separate computer running Linux (Mint 17 Qiana Mate 64-bit) and Firefox for Facebook. I can try another browser but Mint uses its own version of Flash that may not be compatible with other browsers. Thanks for your help.
    Can't fault you there man. Afraid I can't offer any suggestions beyond what I've advised above. I did hear on the WC Forums once that Linux Mint is better for Flash Gaming, but I can't test that myself. If it is the case though, its most odd you set-up isn't working.
    Try another Browser regardless man. I know you said Mint's version is different, but I'd say its still worth a shot. And try Cache clearing as per Yard's suggestion. Hope it helps and you can get back into your game soon. Good luck.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, welcome to O_T. Nice to see a new face down here.
  • TheBull69
    TheBull69
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    Well well well. as kid who has been playing this game since the 2nd grade is now really sad. Last screenshot of this beautiful game. 

• imestonian
    imestonian
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 1
    can someone help me . i cant add friends or jõin,create alliances and i dont have the vorg and i dont have the slime monster please help
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    can someone help me . i cant add friends or jõin,create alliances and i dont have the vorg and i dont have the slime monster please help
    Pretty sure once you reach a certain level with your Town Hall, Vorg and Slimeattakus just become avaible to unlock in your locket and upgrade in your academy. As for adding friends and creating/joining alliances, I think this feature has been broken for a long time.
    The game is unsupported by KIXEYE, so Im afraid they'll never be fixed. Sorry.