New Player and Support

Mack LaMoure
Mack LaMoure
Greenhorn
Joined May 2018 Posts: 15
Well as a new player, yes I know "run while you can" has been said to me already, but I like the game so far with a few exceptions;

1. When waiting a few hours or more for a building to upgrade, there is not much to do. I have hunted for good Special Ops but my level seems to grow faster than the buildings in my base.

2. The Missions for the Warhawk and Elite mega Tank were easy but there is a problem receiving the reward. Figured out how to send a ticket to Support, 8 days later and still no response, yes I said 8 DAYS. Granted, as suggested by folks in the sector, they aren't worth anything confirmed by the Wiki which is fantastic by the way! As for Support, I told them to not worry about it but just wanted to see how long I will have to wait for a response. Glad they do not run the EMS!!

3. The new missions are ok, the Medals are useful, the units are good, but getting that much Thorium to build them, then having to repair one unit at a time because I lack the resource holdings due to trying to upgrade buildings which will let me upgrade units while a building is upgrading. This is a logistical nightmare and has become quite tedious to say the least. If I remember to log in every few hours to repair or upgrade something as if I don't have anything else to do or if I don't get busy playing another game or such, then I actually might get somewhere.

4. Player level, I hope there is a huge time difference between where I am (level 23 after only a week playing) and players that are in the 40's, because I feel I have leveled up so fast that although I am a 23 my base resembles a much lower rogue base.

Well that is all for now, maybe things will get better. Looking forward to this Event thing coming, it would be nice to play more than 20 minutes here and there.

• samsavesdean
    samsavesdean
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 4
    edited 16 May 2018, 10:09PM
    Welcome to the new war commander , When the game first started it would take mths to hit lvl 25 that was the level no one wanted to hit because you couldn't hit the easy bases anymore. It can not take days to get to that level yes they did put the level up to 35 but when you think that from level 3 and up anyone can hit you starting to think what is the point in a lot of things, spend 4 hours collecting infamy ( I am lvl 6 ) and then get hit by a level 44 who takes 100 off me when I get 1 per base that is a lot of advantage to them.
  • Azteca-F35
    Azteca-F35
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 5

currently the game is designed for high levels, I am level 35 and even then I can not advance much in the events, apart the event ends and the missions that sigen ask for new units, which you could not buy because the event was very difficult for you level
  • SCRUB_LORD
    SCRUB_LORD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 157

Hi Mack. In the upcoming event, you are gonna have some chances to earn some “faction” units in the beginning stages. Keep in mind that you can “restart” the event once you get stuck on difficult missions. It’s gonna take some time before you can complete the event.
    You are gonna need to be able to store decent amounts of thorium to build these “faction”units. If you haven’t already, you may want to start upgrading the thorium vaults. In fact, my advice would be to focus on upgrades that can benefit your offensive capabilities first rather than your defense. Try to focus on increasing your platoon size (storage), your command center, your tech center, etc.
    look up warcommander.wikia.com for any info needed.
    If you haven’t already, join a clan. Most sectors, I tagged players are free to hit. Find a sector that will help you along the way. Good luck!

• samsavesdean
    samsavesdean
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 4

currently the game is designed for high levels, I am level 35 and even then I can not advance much in the events, apart the event ends and the missions that sigen ask for new units, which you could not buy because the event was very difficult for you level
    I get we got to take our time learn the game blah blah blah but when level 44 players are attacking me how is that fair? 

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,699
    Here is my thoughts about the points you mentioned.
    1. When waiting a few hours or more for a building to upgrade, there is not much to do. I have hunted for good Special Ops but my level seems to grow faster than the buildings in my base.

4. Player level, I hope there is a huge time difference between where I am (level 23 after only a week playing) and players that are in the 40's, because I feel I have leveled up so fast that although I am a 23 my base resembles a much lower rogue base.
    In WC, the total amount of xp you need to collect for the next level can be approximated by this formula and the xp for the next level includes the xp you unlocked from all previous levels.

If level n requires C xp to reach, then level n+1 will require 1.4C xp to reach. (Source: WC Wiki)

This will make the process of ranking up in WC quick in the beginning but it will actually slow down fairly quickly as the amount of xp required for the next level will grow exponentially. The amount of playtime requires for staying relevant in the game will also increase when you have progressed a bit further and have progressed enough so you can hit some of the more challenging PvE bases.
    2. The Missions for the Warhawk and Elite mega Tank were easy but there is a problem receiving the reward. Figured out how to send a ticket to Support, 8 days later and still no response, yes I said 8 DAYS. Granted, as suggested by folks in the sector, they aren't worth anything confirmed by the Wiki which is fantastic by the way! As for Support, I told them to not worry about it but just wanted to see how long I will have to wait for a response. Glad they do not run the EMS!!

3. The new missions are ok, the Medals are useful, the units are good, but getting that much Thorium to build them, then having to repair one unit at a time because I lack the resource holdings due to trying to upgrade buildings which will let me upgrade units while a building is upgrading. This is a logistical nightmare and has become quite tedious to say the least. If I remember to log in every few hours to repair or upgrade something as if I don't have anything else to do or if I don't get busy playing another game or such, then I actually might get somewhere.
    I can say that the Calls of Arms mission for unlocking the Elite Warhawk has been broken for a while and it has also been one of the most frequently reported issues on the forums. If you cannot collect the rewards, I suggest contacting a moderator or CM_Burny on discord if want to get that mission collected.

Finally, my best suggestion for newer players in the game is to focus on being able to collect resources effectively so the resources won't be a barrier for your ability to progress in the game. I know that it can be tricky for new players to build the first faction units as it will require a lot of thorium.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Jimnet
    Jimnet
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 77
    Axel L said:

Finally, my best suggestion for newer players in the game is to focus on being able to collect resources effectively so the resources won't be a barrier for your ability to progress in the game. I know that it can be tricky for new players to build the first faction units as it will require a lot of thorium.
    Yes, concentrate on upgrading your resource collection, in my sector at least it is common for players to help each other, there will be plenty of players willing to help you collect resources early on as they are very easy for higher level players, once you can hold 6 million thorium you can build a liberator, that's the first hurdle, then you can start doing quite a bit by yourself. Just type in chat on the game that you are a newer playing looking for help with resources, and find a clan that is willing to take you in, that will help you not be such a target to players, the clan I am in I was recruited by the player that hit my base, after chatting with him he let me join his clan and now I am one of the main members. In general any player that doesn't have a clan tag is an open target.
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 694

what fantasy are you living in This game is geared to lower levels warpath is a prime example of that. back when i started in 2010 we had to earn every unit. thorium only came out randomly. there were no 99 gold offers to upgrade a unit. still today as we earn out units and upgrade them in just a few months kix will put the bases on the map and basically give you the unit especially if you have a few friends help you. war path almost made me quit this game because a level 35 that has all of the same units i do can smash my base and take 5 times or greater the honor off of me the i can off of them. so it is definitely not aimed at higher levels, through all of the years ive been playing i would say kix is more geared for new players as the payers online number continues to fall. i can remember there being almost 100k online in the good ol days
  • Sekhmet-PAL
    Sekhmet-PAL
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 87
    If you open a 30=35 res base for a new player all you are doing is helping them level up ( high res - xp ) To help them tell them hit the level 5 bases, for new players need there is no need for big units stop trying to make them level up in a week, let them learn how to attack bases themselves.
  • Sekhmet-PAL
    Sekhmet-PAL
    Potential Threat
    New learn here
  • Too Far Gone
    Too Far Gone
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 62
    Ive noticed that some things level you up much quicker than others.
    Game play that increases your level:-
    (1) Upgrades to buildings and turrets in your base
    (2) Taking Resources from rogues / main events / event - Warpath
    (3) Taking resources from hitting other players

For me, my level (XP) moves quicker to the next level up when resources are taken from other players bases - Especially during Warpath event

Is everyone that same - or different??? 
    You Gotta Love A Tryer
  • VictrixSinai
    VictrixSinai
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 32
    Just about everything will get you points towards leveling, this also includes collecting resources from your oil/metal mines inside the base. There's no way to avoid point collection, and if you focus on upgrading everything in your base to its max before upgrading the command center you're going to end up leveling quickly as well.
  • Sekhmet-PAL
    Sekhmet-PAL
    Potential Threat

For me, my level (XP) moves quicker to the next level up when resources are taken from other players bases - Especially during Warpath event

You got it right all you listed levels you up, so saying someone open me a level 60 res bases because you want your res full in one go think about how much xp all that res gives you,
    Yes hitting the lower level bases is boring but we tell you to do it for a reason :)
  • SING-SING
    SING-SING
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 191
    Some tips:
    1. Be nice on world chat
    2. Find good sector and clan and put tag
    3. Lot of good clans offer help for new people
    5. Don't ask for help first 3 days of event, that just piss people, even from your clan
    6. With help in event you will have better units
    7, Clans like people who participate in wars, you can snipe toons, don't worry about your base, it's just pixels
    8. Use you tube to learn how to do bases on map ( Siddy and Sai Ram have best videos,others is also good,they will give you some ideas)

• it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 862

glad you used a bigger font

• kixeyeuser_1376588492529_24502_229608918
    kixeyeuser_1376588492529_24502_229608918
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 35

You got it right all you listed levels you up, so saying someone open me a level 60 res bases because you want your res full in one go think about how much xp all that res gives you,
    Yes hitting the lower level bases is boring but we tell you to do it for a reason :)
    i understand what you're saying but it's all fine if you don't needlessly go over your capacities, so if someone has a 15 mil capacity you can open them a 30 or 35, if they are very low level then ofc that's absurd since they can't store or use those resources and they will only level up from it.