SB-1 Splash Buffer

TheSkullhunter
TheSkullhunter
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 142
edited 16 May 2018, 6:03PM
No automatic alt text available

Does that work like the microwave dapener tac mod, where it is only effective if the ship dealing the splash damage, is within the 150 range? Also, the bonus if equipped to Outpost, makes the total -70% + an additional -35% and that is again, only if the ship dealing the splash damage, is within the 150 range?

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 635
    Read what it says outpost -35 splash, but a whole base. Eveything else -70% , but only within 150 range...
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Alex11111 said:
    Read what it says outpost -35 splash, but a whole base. Eveything else -70% , but only within 150 range...
    Yeah that's how I interpreted it too, though Kixeye should have worded it better by not saying "Bonus effect" - this makes it sound like it's an additional 35% splash reduction.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • TheSkullhunter
    TheSkullhunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Alex11111 said:
    Yeah that's how I interpreted it too, though Kixeye should have worded it better by not saying "Bonus effect" - this makes it sound like it's an additional 35% splash reduction.
    Yeah, any player who thinks that the 150 range is awesome, would also enjoy an additional 35% because theyre level 30 and 150 is their whole base.

That being said....

the print should say one of these 3 things to make it a bit more clear...

1:

Bonus Effect With Outpost:
    Type                                                   Hostile
    Affects:                                               Ships
    Range                                                 Maximum/Whole Base
    Splash                                                 -35%

2:

Type                                                   Friendly
    Affects:                                               Buildings, Ships, Turrets
    Splash Damage Reduction                 -35%

Or 3:

Type                                                   Friendly
    Affects                                                Buildings, Ships, Turrets
    Splash                                                 -35%
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 718
    So it does nothing to the mortars from a Sloth fleet ?
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,006
    So it does nothing to the mortars from a Sloth fleet ?
    If you equip it to the OP it will. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 391
    The field says hostile, which itself implies that the ship that fires the mortar or rocket has to be under the field effect to experience a loss of splash.
    ID: 17244828
  • Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 635
    Ni-Gel said:
    The field says hostile, which itself implies that the ship that fires the mortar or rocket has to be under the field effect to experience a loss of splash.
    Maye be this is for future ballistic conq ship with lots of splash...
  • Ni-Gel
    Ni-Gel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 391
    Alex11111 said:
    Ni-Gel said:
    Maye be this is for future ballistic conq ship with lots of splash...
    That sounds entirely possible.
    ID: 17244828
  • TheSkullhunter
    TheSkullhunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Do any moderators know the truth about this whimsical blueprint, or are we left up to our own interpretation?
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 482
    Do any moderators know the truth about this whimsical blueprint, or are we left up to our own interpretation?
    Read the description.  It's called out about as plainly as possible IMO.  "reduces the splash potential of projectiles launched from hulls within range."  In other words, the attacker needs to be in the field.
  • TheSkullhunter
    TheSkullhunter
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 16 May 2018, 10:20PM
    Thanks, but how about the bonus.. theres 1 stat "boost" attribute, with no defining attributes. We are to assume it "piggybacks" on the previous section of stats, or is its own seperate entity.. You tell me your opinion...

"Alternate" would have explained it all.. not "Bonus"    alternate suggests instead of. bonus suggests in addition to.
  • TheSkullhunter
    TheSkullhunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Thanks, but how about the bonus.. theres 1 stat "boost" attribute, with no defining attributes. We are to assume it "piggybacks" on the previous section of stats, or is its own seperate entity.. You tell me your opinion...

"Alternate" would have explained it all.. not "Bonus"    alternate suggests instead of. bonus suggests in addition to.
    After digging through the forums, it seems as if with explosive/pen overlays, the stat blocks are also similar failing to include some information. While wording on the left is correct (apparently) we all know that there have been errors on blueprints before. Enough said.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 502
    edited 20 May 2018, 10:37AM
    So what if I bolt one on my OP.

AND one on another building(s) 

Does the effect stack? What If I have two (non-OP) buildings closer than 150, does it stack then?

Mods?

Stacking or lack thereof, can you clarify?

Also a clear answer on "does this special affect inbound weapons that fall within the area of effect (AOE), OR in order for the reduction to take place the ship firing must in the AOE " would be much appreciated.

Level 105

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13,233

Does the effect stack? What If I have two (non-OP) buildings closer than 150, does it stack then?

Mods?

Also a clear answer on "does this special affect inbound weapons that fall within the area of effect (AOE), OR in order for the reduction to take place the ship firing must in the AOE " would be much appreciated.

There is an aura cap of one. So only the strongest field will apply. If you have on on the Outpost and one on a Warehouse they will have the -35% reduction applied until they come within range of the equipped Warehouse and then the -70% will be applied.

The attacking ship needs to be under the effect of the field. Where the projectiles land is irrelevant, it is all about what the attacking ship is being effected by.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,465

Mods?

There is an aura cap of one. So only the strongest field will apply. If you have on on the Outpost and one on a Warehouse they will have the -35% reduction applied until they come within range of the equipped Warehouse and then the -70% will be applied.

The attacking ship needs to be under the effect of the field. Where the projectiles land is irrelevant, it is all about what the attacking ship is being effected by.
    Are you absitively, possilutely sure this is how it works ?

• Templar614
    Templar614

Mods?

It is the same thing as the Kinetic Buffer. The comparison before/after attack with SB1 added had a pretty noticeable difference.

I haven't specifically tested to see if it actually works, but it is supposed to be just like Kinetic Buffer from my understanding.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,465

Mods?

It is the same thing as the Kinetic Buffer. The comparison before/after attack with SB1 added had a pretty noticeable difference.

I haven't specifically tested to see if it actually works, but it is supposed to be just like Kinetic Buffer from my understanding.
    Thanks mate.

I don't doubt your word, I just have a problem trusting anything in game atm.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    thanks for the info Templar, very helpful.
    Level 105

Generally in sector 210
  • Capt.Bly
    Capt.Bly
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,436
    I have 2 equipped, one to the OP, other to a warehouse, and after refreshing, there's nothing on the stat block of the affected turrets that indicate that it's even there................ visual glitch?
    players first my ****
  • Templar614
    Templar614

@Capt.Bly said:
    I have 2 equipped, one to the OP, other to a warehouse, and after refreshing, there's nothing on the stat block of the affected turrets that indicate that it's even there................ visual glitch?

It is a hostile field, it doesn’t effect your stuff.

• Capt.Bly
    Capt.Bly
    Incursion Leader

@Capt.Bly said:

I know the "hostile" stat has been around forever, but I got to say, this game is becoming way too technical for me, might be time for me to hang my hat.
    players first my ****
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 482

@Capt.Bly said:

It also doesn't apply to turrets anyway, sooooooo......

It's almost like basic reading comprehension and reasoning skills are going extinct.  Guess that explains the prevalence of the anti-vax and flat earth crowds.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 21 May 2018, 11:44PM

@Capt.Bly said:

It's almost like basic reading comprehension and reasoning skills are going extinct.  Guess that explains the prevalence of the anti-vax and flat earth crowds.
    High comedy on the forums tonight...
    Level 105

Generally in sector 210
  • Capt.Bly
    Capt.Bly
    Incursion Leader

@Capt.Bly said:

Are the arrogant belligerent troll replies really necessary?  
    players first my ****