LOW on RESOURCES - Oil, Metal, Energy, Zynthium

KODIAK BEAR
KODIAK BEAR
Incursion Leader
Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,097
It is getting increasingly harder to keep up with the game and to build new ships etc because of resources. Kixeye keeps increasing the resources required. The Manticore is 200m of each type just to build one hull. That is INSANE! But they don't increase the availability. All that does in increase the grind and reduce the fun in the game. Only someone crazy would ever coin resources.

C'mon Kixeye, think about the fun for once. This is not fun. 

I know all the tips and tricks about which targets to hit, Snowfall campaign, recycling walls and Onslaughts but sheesh! Why should we have to work so hard just for this. There is no time left to have fun.

What does everyone else think? Is this an issue for you?

Dear Kixeye, if you pressure the remaining players too much then more will find their FUN elsewhere... THIS WARN YOU !
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,752
    seeing as how players are well into the 100's for base level i could see some level 80-90 cargo, some level 100-110 cargo and some 120-130 cargo out on the map
  • Marc Murat
    Marc Murat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 154
    It is getting increasingly harder to keep up with the game and to build new ships etc because of resources. Kixeye keeps increasing the resources required. The Manticore is 200m of each type just to build one hull. That is INSANE! But they don't increase the availability. All that does in increase the grind and reduce the fun in the game. Only someone crazy would ever coin resources.

I know all the tips and tricks about which targets to hit, Snowfall campaign, recycling walls and Onslaughts but sheesh! Why should we have to work so hard just for this. There is no time left to have fun.

strange - I am never short of those ressources - but I have still my production in my base as a level 112
  • FireStorm91
    FireStorm91
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 801
    I also have noticed a massive increase in resources required have gone up massively. Whereas certain hulls, or targets, have reduced capacity or resources given are low. 

The fix is obvious, but I doubt Kixeye will do anything.
    Been playing too long
  • garfy1982
    garfy1982
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 23
    Have you tried hitting bases? ;)
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,188
    Just hit level 45 titanium targets lol. They'll fill up your fleet pretty quickly.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    one thing that may help to alleviate some of the problem is actually make all targets worth rez, some targets(base part mines and some campaign targets) don't give any rez at all for killing them(besides the base parts from the base part mines) hit a 103 the other day got a whole 112 rez that's like 28 of each type.
  • Nitromthn
    Nitromthn
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 598
    Just hit level 45 titanium targets lol. They'll fill up your fleet pretty quickly.
    thats what i do.. hit for other stuff and return after every target,, i saved a few camps to hit and bank reset them and do it again.. i haven't hit a salv in years,,, lol 
  • Fubar_17
    Fubar_17
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 35
    Chores are a real chore. Get that it is a chore activity but the seat time required is ridiculous just to be able to do the things that need to be done. Painful? Yes! Fun? Not at all
  • ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 320
    garfy1982 said:
    Have you tried hitting bases? ;)
    Yep, 100% 20+ per day. They have little to no resources
    Reduce the cost of this game. Then I might play more and spend more. Yes spend more. Because right now spending a lot gets you nowhere.
  • visaga
    visaga
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 57
    edited 16 May 2018, 7:18AM

Not an issue for me. i do the campaigns but dont finish them off. I abort them at the last stage.
    So, these campaigns remain available whenever I need res. My favorite is "Death Grip" with buccs. First 6 stages gives close to 400% twice.

Edit: It takes about 10 mins for 6 stages.
  • Lamrock
    Lamrock
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 138
    resources was a problem with raids years ago and after the community complained they fixed it for a while, but lately new targets have less and less resources and now I run out during a raid again. Sure, you can fill up easily enough, but if you are playing near the upper levels of the game you shouldn't need to revert to collecting resources like a noob. 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 175
    Snowfall campaign provides ample resources....
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,023
    You can fill up the cargospace from your fleet to 500% with every low level silo target. Call your fleets back after you have nearly 500%.
    You should be able to fill up your warehouses quickly. 200mil res are laughable, if you have your warehouses fully upgraded.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,097
    Snowfall campaign provides ample resources....
    Try reading the post again where this is mentioned.
    Dear Kixeye, if you pressure the remaining players too much then more will find their FUN elsewhere... THIS WARN YOU !
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 715

L30 Scourge base part targets pay out 117 million res.
    Drac bases pay out 155 million.
    For 30s, I use a Punisher & 3 thud citadels with large cargo holds & a Buc with those (but 4) same citadels for Drac bases.
    Doesn't take too long to fill up that way.

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • Rammstein
    Rammstein
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 281

I did notice this last raid the targets didn’t pay out a lot of res but otherwise, and I don’t have a specific explanation for this, my wharehouses are cubed usually. The pursuit of the other three resources and the fm are all I really do. One thing though, if for some reason I do want to fill up quickly, I leave my old campaigns undone since the final ship isn’t useful anyway, specifically snowfall. The first instance is 100+ million, rinse repeat.

I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 51
    WH low on Oil, Metal, Energy, Zynthium???

Those are REs which most of players are giving very little to no attention at all, unless it is a low level OP, which means less storage too.

Once you are able to collect Uranium, Base Parts and Titaniums, primary resources go along with them. as most of REs comes from hitting any buildings on PVE/PVP targets.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 687

getting resources isnt that hard theres salv hitting bases most map targets give res fm gives res just dock when your flt is at 500% and theres certain campaigns that give high res payouts if you dont do the mastery lvl and close it out if youre too lazy to do any of those things maybe youre playing the wrong game game should be fun i agree but there should also be a certain amount of effort put in to get to said fun 

• frbailey81
    frbailey81
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 13
    use a fleet of ice breakers and auto 61s in the fm fill up quick that way
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 6,905
    Ive had little issue with resources personnaly, just hit a few map targets(get it 500%, dock, rinse and repeat) or hit a few baby seal or non allied bases, they have res they dont know what to do with ;)

Worst case there is always cargo with W. rat crew. Goes faster then you think.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • TypicalComplainer
    TypicalComplainer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 195
    Put some resource generators back in your base, none of the new hulls have bloodthrist etc. so nothing to stack.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,088
    Chameleon is a great ship for collecting resources. You heard of Expeditions? Yea, me neither...

But they sure as hell can auto Snowfall and have enough resource capacity to hold everything from the first 2 battles.
  • NoTouchy88
    NoTouchy88
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 69

I know it is a pain as to have fast res runs out... What I tell my alliance mates is:

Icebreakers, mono with zelos, dragons to hit lvl 61garrison targets.. Two usually fills them to 500%....skys to hit level 45 titanium targets, one is enough there takes no time at all... And buccs, cannonner hitting 51 grids.. Or 52.. What ever they are

• TypicalComplainer
    TypicalComplainer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 195
    edited 17 May 2018, 2:31AM

I know it is a pain as to have fast res runs out... What I tell my alliance mates is:

Icebreakers, mono with zelos, dragons to hit lvl 61garrison targets.. Two usually fills them to 500%....skys to hit level 45 titanium targets, one is enough there takes no time at all... And buccs, cannonner hitting 51 grids.. Or 52.. What ever they are

Ya that's true, all the lower level event targets tend to pay out a ton of resources for cargo, also the old campaigns insta fill your cargo most of the time, just keep cancelling the campaign and replaying it.
  • Jason Ma
    Jason Ma
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 28

I use my Icebreakers to hit 111s in the fm. One garrison is 450% for a fleet of IBs. Return home after every hit and I’m cubed before I reach 1million points.

Res is nothing, uranium is a hassle, but easy just hitting DUBs. It’s titanium and base parts that I struggle. Even more so now that they’re switching to legion colonies and I only have cannoneers to hit them. Need to build buccs asap. For titanium the only assault fleet I have is mantis and they don’t do so well in nav relays.

• Dave Martin
    Dave Martin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 218
    ive been full (500 mill) each for ever.... res is soooo easy to get a lvl 25 can fill up on just salvs and sea wolfs... anyone that is even playing shouldnt have this problem.. i just started a manti build did fm for about 20 minutes and my whs are full again...  now if this post was about uranium, titanium, base parts well that is more a problem... lvl 14+ whs should be able to hold more then 320k uranium, 250k titanium... when costs do do things is so high.. maybe time for uranium, titanium mines for bases... just like war commander thorium now there are mines so it gives players more time to play and not grinding.... 

• AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,551
    The last few raids gave barely enough resource to keep up with the repairs. I think this started all the way with the Fangtooth raids and even as far back as the Phoenix ones. I mean look at the Glowing Nav Relays. They barely fill up the entire fleet.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    The last few raids gave barely enough resource to keep up with the repairs. I think this started all the way with the Fangtooth raids and even as far back as the Phoenix ones. I mean look at the Glowing Nav Relays. They barely fill up the entire fleet.
    glowing nav relays are ok for res i guess(i personally don't have an issue with them) but the fang tooth targets are abysmal at least they seem that way for all i know cuz the fleets for them have terrible cargo capacity
  • ADemonKnight
    ADemonKnight
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 39
    1 dragon 4 sf or cit fitted to haul (yeah I still do this) and hit lvl 45 relays...or 2 irons and 3 sf/cits and hit lvl 30 base parts (for now anyway) and then there are the drac bases, camps ect as most have brought up...oh and 1 bucc with (you guessed it) sf/cits will also auto the lvl 30 base part ones..res is easy and my walls love it
  • King_Master1
    King_Master1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 4
    1 dragon 4 sf or cit fitted to haul (yeah I still do this) and hit lvl 45 relays...or 2 irons and 3 sf/cits and hit lvl 30 base parts (for now anyway) and then there are the drac bases, camps ect as most have brought up...oh and 1 bucc with (you guessed it) sf/cits will also auto the lvl 30 base part ones..res is easy and my walls love it
    What is an "sf"?