EndGame?

• kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

@AnEyeForAnEye said:
    Alpha__Wolf said:

of ffs carlo dapoof is CR's alt?Why the alt CR?

This might explain why : 

Yowch

• cripple leg dawg
    cripple leg dawg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 336
    edited 17 May 2018, 11:58PM
    This might explain why : 

No automatic alt text available

wonder how fast he can get back up to 8,600 posts
    without getting banned again

sidenote
    it seems that when you get a forums ban now
    you cant even view the forums anymore from that account

which to me seems kinda harsh 
    also know a few players who quit because they cant view forums any more

dunno why they changed that or for that matter if its intentional?

laredo mate.whats up with that?

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    edited 18 May 2018, 10:45PM
    This might explain why : 

sidenote

FYI you can view the forum without having to log to an account. Hence a banned player just need to log off his forum account to view it.

Cant answer why a banned acccoutn cant view forum, most likely because all there privileges are removed once banned.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 505
    This might explain why : 

sidenote

easy to read forums when banned just don't log in you can read forums just cant post............ been there done that 

• Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,196

This is an interesting post from a player many refer to as a Kixeye fanboi or a troll in general.
    Let's overlook that part entirely.
    CR was in my sector during the raid, having fun with that (not) & another player who has upset a few others.
    Suffice to say, he didn't get bubbled, & in PM seemed quite reasonable. Of course, I wasn't on the wrong side haha.
    To the post itself. The OP calls it as it is. A voice of experience, & I see exasperation.
    Too many changes, still the constant flood on content (look at the Bounty, as an example-race to get your FM done, & if you're good, you can still chore, or no chores due to being flat, or sit it out to chore-especially now that base parts can be used on OP-10 tech)
    I'm a minnow compared to many, most of my game is PvE at the moment, not that I've mastered every target. PvP, well, still developing a baser & guard & base lol.

This last raid SUCKED. If there's more of the same to come, more players will fall behind, to the point that they'll not be able to get the next latest & greatest in August, making their next cycle even more painful.

The issues with the FM, well, you don't HAVE to hit high, I guess it depends on how much seat time you have.

It's this raid cycle that's the issue. & nothing at all from Kixeye management about it. I believe that there'll be more of the same, more players leaving, then a mass exodus in the next cycle when folks see that their year old tech is basically junk.

Kixeye: This is something for you to open your eyes to. Or are you so shortsighted that you only see coins?

• chunnder
    chunnder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 115
    This might explain why : 

sidenote

Now just need you know who banned and we have the full set of trolls lol
  • joe.cole.716
    joe.cole.716
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 91
    I read mot of the post on this topic.  There are many valid points being made. 

My advice is simple, play at your comfort level.

If the raid is hard, just do what you can.  This raid was hard for me.  I used 50 coin from my 115 coins I had.  I managed only 4 million points.  Had the point to cost ratio been way better I could have spent more, but just couldn't justify it.  Last raid I spent about 20 US dollars and got over 300 million points, had fun. 

I only had 1 Manticore partially built for the raid.  Build what you can.  I used mostly my phoenix fleet.  It took many hits as I used free repair for most of the raid, again cost too high to justify coin.  I now have 1 Manticore done, a second will be done in a day.  Will work on the other two hulls over the next two weeks.  If they do better in the next raid, I will participate.  If I feel I am getting value for my time and money, then I may spend 20 dollars.  If not, then I will  do it on the cheap again. 

If you are out to be a point leader great.  In my opinion you cannot be one without spending significant coin and time.  For those that will say they are getting  100's of millions of points for free, great.  You have my respect.  I have no desire to be on top, so I play to get what I may need from the prize list.

I am a level 109.  My base is probably like a 80, if i'm lucky.  Never paid much attention to it on my way up, but that's OK.  If I get attacked, I usually review the film, tell my opponent congrats and hit the repair button.  On occasion I will attack back, but I have never been a real big PVP.  Medals never meant that much.  If I loose them all, no problem.  If I win some good.

I do wish they would make the resource collection requirements less mundane.  It is just so boring to have to grind away at targets.  I only have X amount of time to play and this long process of collecting takes up most of it.  Probably why I never became much of a PVP type. Titanium collection is the most time consuming as I cannot auto it with any fleet I have, without major damage that is.

Do I fall behind, yes.  Military deployments before my retirement put me way behind.  I will catch up at times, but I feel I am still behind.  Again, play at your comfort level.  

Work and family all come first.  I hate that they continue to have raids on holiday weekends.  Again, family first, then if I have some time I will do the raid.  All of us have to determine our own priorities.

Finally, just play at your comfort level.  You do not have to let KIX force you to coin.  If you choose to, fine.  If you fall behind, fine, there are plenty of others also at your same level, you just have to find them.  The game can be played for free, it may not be a glamorous, but I can still be entertaining and fun.
  • Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Ser_Arthur_Dayne
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,196

@joe.cole.716 said:
    I read mot of the post on this topic.  There are many valid points being made. 

My advice is simple, play at your comfort level.

If the raid is hard, just do what you can.  This raid was hard for me.  I used 50 coin from my 115 coins I had.  I managed only 4 million points.  Had the point to cost ratio been way better I could have spent more, but just couldn't justify it.  Last raid I spent about 20 US dollars and got over 300 million points, had fun. 

I only had 1 Manticore partially built for the raid.  Build what you can.  I used mostly my phoenix fleet.  It took many hits as I used free repair for most of the raid, again cost too high to justify coin.  I now have 1 Manticore done, a second will be done in a day.  Will work on the other two hulls over the next two weeks.  If they do better in the next raid, I will participate.  If I feel I am getting value for my time and money, then I may spend 20 dollars.  If not, then I will  do it on the cheap again. 

If you are out to be a point leader great.  In my opinion you cannot be one without spending significant coin and time.  For those that will say they are getting  100's of millions of points for free, great.  You have my respect.  I have no desire to be on top, so I play to get what I may need from the prize list.

I am a level 109.  My base is probably like a 80, if i'm lucky.  Never paid much attention to it on my way up, but that's OK.  If I get attacked, I usually review the film, tell my opponent congrats and hit the repair button.  On occasion I will attack back, but I have never been a real big PVP.  Medals never meant that much.  If I loose them all, no problem.  If I win some good.

I do wish they would make the resource collection requirements less mundane.  It is just so boring to have to grind away at targets.  I only have X amount of time to play and this long process of collecting takes up most of it.  Probably why I never became much of a PVP type. Titanium collection is the most time consuming as I cannot auto it with any fleet I have, without major damage that is.

Do I fall behind, yes.  Military deployments before my retirement put me way behind.  I will catch up at times, but I feel I am still behind.  Again, play at your comfort level.  

Work and family all come first.  I hate that they continue to have raids on holiday weekends.  Again, family first, then if I have some time I will do the raid.  All of us have to determine our own priorities.

Finally, just play at your comfort level.  You do not have to let KIX force you to coin.  If you choose to, fine.  If you fall behind, fine, there are plenty of others also at your same level, you just have to find them.  The game can be played for free, it may not be a glamorous, but I can still be entertaining and fun.

Very well said.
    & you've hit the nail on the head "Play at your comfort level". & yes, it IS about having fun..!
    I like your honesty about your level vs how you grade your base, & a polite pm to your hitter never hurts.. Crying certainly draws another hit, as tears can be banked like base parts but are worth 100 base parts per tear.
    (Or should be, lol)

PS: I might be a 76, but.. So much work needed..!

• KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,350
    The facts of this problem has been repeated time and again over the years. Kixeye WILL NOT CHANGE, EVER!! Unless the whales STOP COINING!!! PERIOD!!! When you have guys like Santana(no personal offense meant) that spend 10K per month on the game or even 1K per month, this is all Kix need to survive. WHY would they change? If 10% of the players make up 80% of your revenue who would care? Those players keep spending. Mostly because those players have a GIANT EGO. They are awash in cash and a few thousand on the game is no issue to them. Few of us are that fortunate financially but this is reality with these people. Unless they stop spending the rest of us are, well you know-F---ed.
    Blaming this situation on anyone else is weak. The only behaviour you can change is your own. Do that and be happy.

Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!