EndGame?

Carlos_DaPoof
Carlos_DaPoof
Strike-force Captain
Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 794
edited 16 May 2018, 1:30AM
Most of us can't do the FM without major damage
Most of us couldn't do the raid without major damage and based on the response from our CM, it doesn't look like a change is coming
It looks like most of us won't be able to efficiently collect base parts from the new Legion targets without major damage. Can you just imagine what titanium collecting is going to be like in 4 more months?
All of the above effectively eliminates PvE as a viable past-time in this game

We can't hit bases without dying and even the new armor won't be enough. Clubbing the seals - the free and low coining players that make up the majority - into desertion will be all that is left for the PvP contingent.  That will get boring for the high levels, and run off the low levels.  This eliminates PvP as a viable past-time in this game

What is left? What does your common sense tell you is happening?

This isn't directed at Kix - there should be no illusions on their position  
This is an invitation for discussion directed at the players: 

- What are you going to do in the next few weeks as you find the FM harder, more expensive and stocked with multiple options that are all needed but so hard to collect and your dragons are still coming home with 1/2 health from a 117?
- What are you going to do when Bounty rolls around, and you see even replica bases with four T7 cannons staring at you?
- How are you going to prepare for the next raid, having not won the manticore flagship and knowing that the targets will be now tuned for it?  - - What are you going to do this coming VXP weekend, knowing that it will take 20 coin to repair your now armored and still unranked manticore fleet for a mere 1500 VXP?
- What are you going to do when they re-release the Legion map targets and they still suck 1/3 of your fleet health for 30K base parts?
- What are you casual players going to do when your base is being flattened every other day because your lack of T7 turrets makes you the only game left in town?
- What are you going to do when the inevitable coin deals start popping up? When the raid escalation weapons and specials are introduced after next month's event? When Kix comes in and says "we've heard the feedback from the players and reduced the damage from the T7 turrets" right after you finish building your fourth?

Well?
" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

I picked up a game that has a similar damage formula but has an adorable unit cast, interesting story character cast, a fleshed out story, CHORES THAT DO THEMSELVES and challenges for combat maps that completing all 3 allows you to auto them for 0 damage.

• Snaprag
    Snaprag
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 425
    Very valid points. Let me sum this all up with some crude logic. Ive paid less, for the same entertainment and had a great nap afterwards. Just saying, the "pros" atleast put out for what we pay them
  • ADemonKnight
    ADemonKnight
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 40
    fishing, WoT, kayaking, Eve...plenty to do thats not here..
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,259

I picked up a game that has a similar damage formula but has an adorable unit cast, interesting story character cast, a fleshed out story, CHORES THAT DO THEMSELVES and challenges for combat maps that completing all 3 allows you to auto them for 0 damage.

do tell my friend

You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Strike-force Captain
    For the time being, HOPE, hope that the team will wake us up from this nighmare they have put us in. Hope that the team will try and fix it for the future of the game and there own future at kixeye. Cause if this game goes down, so do many of them.

Ill be here til summer, for sure, and ill do what i can. During summer ill take some time off and get ready for the new cycle when i come back

But if by my return from summer vacation nothin as changed and we are on the same crash course, then ill make my new year resolution a few months in advance, and kix wont like my resolution. I wont just leave BP behind, il leave kixeye as a whole behind.
    And just how long have you been hoping? I see you as one of the more vocal and regular complainants of this game.
    Wasn't that your last year resolution as well?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Sub_Zero
    Sub_Zero
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 53
    PS4 mostly, it's what I did last raid. Found a couple of sports fantasy games that seem to be quite fun in FB Gameroom as well

• Petushock
    Petushock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 562
    Most of us couldn't do the raid without major damage and based on the response from our CM, it doesn't look like a change is coming
    It looks like most of us won't be able to efficiently collect base parts from the new Legion targets without major damage. Can you just imagine what titanium collecting is going to be like in 4 more months?

We can't hit bases without dying and even the new armor won't be enough. Clubbing the seals - the free and low coining players that make up the majority - into desertion will be all that is left for the PvP contingent.  That will get boring for the high levels, and run off the low levels.  This eliminates PvP as a viable past-time in this game

- What are you going to do in the next few weeks as you find the FM harder, more expensive and stocked with multiple options that are all needed but so hard to collect and your dragons are still coming home with 1/2 health from a 117?
    - What are you going to do when Bounty rolls around, and you see even replica bases with four T7 cannons staring at you?
    - How are you going to prepare for the next raid, having not won the manticore flagship and knowing that the targets will be now tuned for it?  - - What are you going to do this coming VXP weekend, knowing that it will take 20 coin to repair your now armored and still unranked manticore fleet for a mere 1500 VXP?
    - What are you going to do when they re-release the Legion map targets and they still suck 1/3 of your fleet health for 30K base parts?
    - What are you casual players going to do when your base is being flattened every other day because your lack of T7 turrets makes you the only game left in town?
    - What are you going to do when the inevitable coin deals start popping up? When the raid escalation weapons and specials are introduced after next month's event? When Kix comes in and says "we've heard the feedback from the players and reduced the damage from the T7 turrets" right after you finish building your fourth?

Well?
    A lot of options for FM by now: autoing 103\111(~15 sec of your real time) for ~10min dmg, or autoing some 82s(~30s of real time per 4-6 targets) for ~8min dmg.
    Raid was a disaster: even huge coiners barely have points to redeem every prize, and for that they should have double coin - prebuild 4 or 5 Mantis+kodiak.
    Base parts become a bit tougher, still doable for practically same dmg, low lvls though must have much better builds now to farm it, but there is Hydras TLC\Buccs coop TLC.

New PvP course overall is bs and too plane: too much hp, too much range, too much dmg, dull hulls. Also make all previous hulls obsolete with overdamage was a very "nice" move. Tech releasing is terrible, they should present 3-4 hulls + 3-4 turrets right away, but for now its: you can hit bases, you cant hit bases, you can hit bases, you...

-Why everybody so attached to 117? Do 112, its same 300k pretop points. 117 is for best builds only, like 115 before: you cant just build 5 ices, go in and expect to make it through easy.
    -Bounty: 4 cannons is counterable, but 6...  Well, at least not everybody have it or using it right. Still 20k-40k points should be kinda easy, for now.
    -Raid: will build 4 Mantis+may be kodiak and see, if it will be same **** again, then thinking about quitting. VPX weekend actually is pretty easy to rank, it have some tricks.
    -Legion targets: with right build its not that bad, try old 30k base parts target, it hurts too.
    -Newbies\Casuals: overall their experience is getting worse every month, gap between current tech and their is incresing, no TLC that can help them, will see what kix will do about it if anything.

I'm new, started in Nov 2017, not coiner, low-mid player. Apparently im high lvl now, cause able to get everything from raid. Whiners gonna whine.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Strike-force Captain

@KODIAK BEAR said:
    Carlos_DaPoof said:

• What are you going to do in the next few weeks as you find the FM harder, more expensive and stocked with multiple options that are all needed but so hard to collect and your dragons are still coming home with 1/2 health from a 117?
    • What are you going to do when Bounty rolls around, and you see even replica bases with four T7 cannons staring at you?
    • How are you going to prepare for the next raid, having not won the manticore flagship and knowing that the targets will be now tuned for it?  - - What are you going to do this coming VXP weekend, knowing that it will take 20 coin to repair your now armored and still unranked manticore fleet for a mere 1500 VXP?
    • What are you going to do when they re-release the Legion map targets and they still suck 1/3 of your fleet health for 30K base parts?
    • What are you casual players going to do when your base is being flattened every other day because your lack of T7 turrets makes you the only game left in town?
    • What are you going to do when the inevitable coin deals start popping up? When the raid escalation weapons and specials are introduced after next month's event? When Kix comes in and says "we've heard the feedback from the players and reduced the damage from the T7 turrets" right after you finish building your fourth?

Well?

Leading by example? Lol

I don’t see any request for support here. I see an invitation to discuss. You are free to argue against my opinion, but not my right to state it in here.

• Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 883

Well?
    I got a question to your question.What will kix do when no one but you are playing the game?
    TFC Rocks
  • chopsy
    chopsy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 124

Well?
    I got a question to your question.What will kix do when no one but you are playing the game?
    A lot of people seem to be taking this question as a challenge or insult.  I don't think he is saying that he will be fine and only the other players should answer.  I'm pretty sure he is asking himself those same questions (as am I!) 

Many good points here.  Nice crystal ball you have....  Kix has set themselves on a path that the players are unhappy about and do not seem to want to listen to feedback.  So that begs the question, what are we going to do in response?  I won't quit but I will definitely not increase my playing time or spend another coin until I see a huge change in the way they are currently treating their customers.
    where did the fun go?  would you mind bringing it back?  
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,101
    edited 16 May 2018, 10:30PM
    For the time being, HOPE, hope that the team will wake us up from this nighmare they have put us in. Hope that the team will try and fix it for the future of the game and there own future at kixeye. Cause if this game goes down, so do many of them.

Ill be here til summer, for sure, and ill do what i can. During summer ill take some time off and get ready for the new cycle when i come back

But if by my return from summer vacation nothin as changed and we are on the same crash course, then ill make my new year resolution a few months in advance, and kix wont like my resolution. I wont just leave BP behind, il leave kixeye as a whole behind.
    And just how long have you been hoping? I see you as one of the more vocal and regular complainants of this game.
    Ive been hoping, and my hope have gotten answered once and again even tho, not always to last. The 1st three month or this year were good for the most part. Siege cycle was mostly good, PVP direction went well, tho only for a few months since they basicly crashed  it in april and made it even worst in may.

Yes, i do speak my mind, wether it via complaint or praise, cause on occasion i have congratulated kix on certain decision and even defended them. Yes my complaint may be often louder then my praise ill grant you that.

I even had hope during this raid that team would wake up and try and turn things around to at least increase participation, they did not, and thats a 1st excluding the 2 botched scourge raid of 2 years ago, but at least then, they actually tried to salvaged it, it just couldnt be. Cant say that this time, they did the bare minimum and it wasnt even close enough.

But this time i wont wait. Like i said im taking a semi-break off of the game this summer, so technically i only got a month left to suffer this. July/August ill do  the bare minimum, maybe, to keep my base running and ships building, but wont be doing raid and prob will skip FM. Hence ill be back at full play time mid of August for raid to get ready for September new cycle.

Yes it was my resolution at the end of 2017 and i almost emitated Dirty Harry on New years day, but i chose to persevere and kept my hope up a bit longer and i like the way things went in january. But i wont wait til the end of 2018 of this is what it is to remain has.

But at least i dont need to use my secondary account on forums like you, im not scared to speak up both positively or negatively.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Serpents_Soul
    Serpents_Soul
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,606
    Easy enough answer... Say goodbye to this game. And furthermore, I will never play another game if KIXEYE has ANYTHING to do with it. This company is bad news and anything they put out will be just a big money grab
    My stalker is a Cartoon Dog. He hates my posts. He must find me when he sees my posts. He can't let things go. He is a sad Cartoon Doggie.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Strike-force Captain
    chopsy said:

Well?
    A lot of people seem to be taking this question as a challenge or insult.  I don't think he is saying that he will be fine and only the other players should answer.  I'm pretty sure he is asking himself those same questions (as am I!) 

Many good points here.  Nice crystal ball you have....  Kix has set themselves on a path that the players are unhappy about and do not seem to want to listen to feedback.  So that begs the question, what are we going to do in response?  I won't quit but I will definitely not increase my playing time or spend another coin until I see a huge change in the way they are currently treating their customers.

They see it incorrectly as a challenge or an insult because they don't want to - or are unable to- consider what happens when the game is gone.  They can 't allow themselves to seriously consider not playing.  This is actually the response I was looking for.  Instead of contemplating a path away from what has to be considered a text book example of an abusive relationship, some players would rather troll their heads right into the sand and pretend that things are somehow going to change for the better after all these years; or that a month or two of relative calm is truly indicative of the company direction; or that a person's status in the forum somehow invalidates the issue being brought.  This is why Kix feels they can do what they do.... because they know player complaints are empty and ignoring them carries no consequence.  Thanks guys......case closed.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,191
    chopsy said:

Well?

They see it incorrectly as a challenge or an insult because they don't want to - or are unable to- consider what happens when the game is gone.  They can 't allow themselves to seriously consider not playing.  This is actually the response I was looking for.  Instead of contemplating a path away from what has to be considered a text book example of an abusive relationship, some players would rather troll their heads right into the sand and pretend that things are somehow going to change for the better after all these years; or that a month or two of relative calm is truly indicative of the company direction; or that a person's status in the forum somehow invalidates the issue being brought.  This is why Kix feels they can do what they do.... because they know player complaints are empty and ignoring them carries no consequence.  Thanks guys......case closed.
    And the true reason of your troll post is revealed. 
    Firstly players will make their OWN minds up what they will do when the game is gone; its not your job to "educate" them.
    Next; despite what you think CR, the players are aloud to tell kix what parts of the game they are unhappy with, but for some reason you think its your responsibility to troll players that tell kix how it really is.
    The reason kix gets away with what they do, is people like you troll posts where players are expressing concerns about the game, resulting in posts being shut down before a real discussion can be had. Maybe if certain fanboi's stopped being part of the problem and became part of the solution then the game wouldn't BE in the mess it is but when you and others constantly defend every stupid decision kix makes, well no wonder nothing gets fixed.
    BP still has a loyal following of players which is quite an achievement for a 8 year old game. The game could still have a few more years left in it IF kix stopped making bad decisions and if the fanboi trolls stopped defending Kix's bad decisions. 
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 450
    edited 17 May 2018, 9:25AM
    I don't see this post as either a fanboi or troll post by the OP,

I see it as a on the nail assessment of where the game sits at this time.

I very rarely agree with the way CR words his replies to other players posts, the fact that he is using his alt to post this thread is neither here nor there. However if you take the time to read between the snarky comments, he like bort make some very pertinent points, and this post is a very good example.
    The fact that there are to many on here who need to grow up and rise above the sniping, and the need to prove they are the only ones with a valid opinion.
    The game probably still has close on 100,000 players, some dipping in and out, some dedicated. But all of differing levels of ability and equipment. 

To many good conversation threads end up as a **** waving competition, and this makes it easy for kix to dismiss these threads without taking notice.

Kix has lost there direction for whatever reason, they seem to be casting around in the dark, clueless to the direction they want to take. 

When you look at the last raids prize list (I'am ignoring the raid mechanics for now), it was very tilted towards PvP, are kix making some heavy handed effort towards us getting what a lot have been asking for, a return to the games original ethos?. 
    If so they have forgotten that we have to do PvE to win the tech to do PvP.
    They have also ignored the fact that a large proportion of the player base have never experienced the game as pure PvP.

Kix needs to re-**** what there goals are, and most importantly communicate those goals to us.  

Edit, how the fck can w.i.l.l.y and re-a.s.s.e.s be sensored lol,
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • cripple leg dawg
    cripple leg dawg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 336
    to me the major issue was how restrictive the needed teck for the last raid was rolled out,not kool
    lets face it,a majority couldnt get the flagship last raid,which i beleive is gonna affect participation greatly throughout the rest of the cycle

this is kixeyes fault,they can remedy this undersight next raid and if they dont make this hull achievable in a fair way
    the ramifications will carry on to the next hull raid ,and beyond it for many

i just cant understand the 'logic' behind some of their actions of late
    its like they are trying to paint themselves into a corner
    and we gonna have to grin and bear it if they dont come up with a plan to get out of it

• jim.lore.31
    jim.lore.31
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 74
    Wow...I actually liked what CR wrote.  Thought it was thought provoking and worded well.  I did not see it as trolling as he did not slam Kixeye in anyway.  He was just expressing an opinion and i believe that he hit the nail on the head. The only thing i would add is that we are venting to make ourselves feel better. I truly believe that Kixeye does not even watch these forums (They should but they dont) nor do they care about the game unless it affects their bottom line.  With that being said, How do we handle that? The quick answer is we do not. There is nothing that we can do to make them see us and to listen to us. The only other thing i will add is that if you are still coining a lot you are a part of the problem here.  If the whales stopped coining, stopped making videos, stopped doing anything but playing the game the way us mere mortals play the game, Kixeye might just stand up and listen but that will not happen either. Once you have had a taste of that kind of power and coin it is almost impossible to stop cold turkey.   

So, Where does that leave us mere mortal players that started playing this game because it was cool and fun?  No where.  Just like being in a relationship, it is up to you to decide if this is working for you or not. The only thing i would ask other players and forum posters is to allow us as customers to vent without judgement.  we are all in the same boat here 
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    It is summer time here so I will be at the camping lot with the kids most all summer riding the 6 ATV's on 400 acre trails mudd pits etc. Fishing in lakes at night. Camping lot = no cell service and no internet. Kids school is out in week and half then we will be camping non stop as always till August 20th or so when school picks back up. 

Basically maybe 1 day week I will check in on the game if even that.  Camping lot is about 3 hr drive from the house so we try to pop back home for a day here and there but bought it and the big camper to use not collect dust so 98% of the summer is spent there.  Gives Kix all summer to figure out how they are going to fix the game, I will log in to actually play after summer break. If the game is still how it is today then I just simply wont "play any more" just log in chat with couple friends log out may be once a month thing.

I hate to do that I quit before I had spent prob 10K + playing battling non stop raids were costing $300 to win the prize then $300 to build the prize then $300 repairing using prize after was built. I found out all the battles I was having and raids people were repairing for free while I was spending real money repairing and winning stuff.  So I quit for 3 years.   I came back in June saw that was fixed and figured I had invested so much money I may as well play again.

Well now I prob have over 30K invested hate to just walk away but last raid was a joke. I landed 31K points I went into the raid in exact same position as all the prior raids with 4 fully built full ranked hulls that every single other series landed 300 mill plus reasonable.   Now this raid messily 31K cost 700X more then it should have. Cost whet that was damage wise should have been player with appalos  not the player with 4 fully stacked brand new hulls.

last raid should have been what the last one of the series was like not the first one.

To be honest ,y main thing is PVP any how only do and coin the raid fleets so I can help others out.  For PVP I always get my alliance points from bases that are "worth a crap" hey I am by no means the greatest hitter ever, I just prefer the challenge. It may take me 20 bases to get my points due to fails. I hit hit about 25-30 bases a day.  Since last bounty I have hit 0 bases I am not going to club seals or scout out farms that is 0 fun.  

In short its summer time I will not be playing a lot any how they have about 90 days to get it together otherwise easy enough to move on.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,044
    The facts of this problem has been repeated time and again over the years. Kixeye WILL NOT CHANGE, EVER!! Unless the whales STOP COINING!!! PERIOD!!! When you have guys like Santana(no personal offense meant) that spend 10K per month on the game or even 1K per month, this is all Kix need to survive. WHY would they change? If 10% of the players make up 80% of your revenue who would care? Those players keep spending. Mostly because those players have a GIANT EGO. They are awash in cash and a few thousand on the game is no issue to them. Few of us are that fortunate financially but this is reality with these people. Unless they stop spending the rest of us are, well you know-F---ed.
  • T00T
    T00T
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,480

Let me ask you a question CR:
    - What will you do when forums are so dried up you can't find anything or anyone to troll? Post a bait thread? Oh...never mind...
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,465
    T00T said:

Let me ask you a question CR:
    - What will you do when forums are so dried up you can't find anything or anyone to troll? Post a bait thread? Oh...never mind...
    Shhhhhh....he's incognito.
  • Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 883
    of ffs carlo dapoof is CR's alt?Why the alt CR?
    TFC Rocks
  • chunnder
    chunnder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 115
    I have stopped playing and will take no further part in this ruined game, another black water pirate gone ..... id of 500k  ... 
  • american crusader
    american crusader
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 161

There’s ALOT of other games out there....and of course there is real life.....I could..perhaps....nah i’ll Find another game!

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,101
    of ffs carlo dapoof is CR's alt?Why the alt CR?
    This might explain why : 

No automatic alt text available

No automatic alt text available.