MERCENARY RAID 2018 - THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS

2»
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    bort said:
    we were well overdue for an even slightly difficult raid.

nice for kix to deliver a bit of a challenge and forcing some decisions, rather than just going - here have everything.
    That could be achieved through good design. This was not. The auto hull didn't work. When driven, it helped but you got none of the benefit of the skill hull driving the auto like a skill hull and the cost/time/point ratio - the most important aspect - was tuned well off the norm. This went beyond difficult into punitive. 
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:

nice for kix to deliver a bit of a challenge and forcing some decisions, rather than just going - here have everything.
    That could be achieved through good design. This was not. The auto hull didn't work. When driven, it helped but you got none of the benefit of the skill hull driving the auto like a skill hull and the cost/time/point ratio - the most important aspect - was tuned well off the norm. This went beyond difficult into punitive. 
    i've noticed a bit of a pattern - the auto hull seems to actually work well on auto, only after the raid series ends.

ibs work now on 111s, skyfires are great for autoing titanium, buccs are decent for autoing base parts. but during the raid they didnt always perform brillianty (probably a few exceptions).
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    bort said:
    bort said:

i've noticed a bit of a pattern - the auto hull seems to actually work well on auto, only after the raid series ends.

ibs work now on 111s, skyfires are great for autoing titanium, buccs are decent for autoing base parts. but during the raid they didnt always perform brillianty (probably a few exceptions).
    All of them worked well for me on auto. The IB had a rocky start but also never was intended for an S target. Despite what some say about the hunter, those worked brilliantly with the right build as did the buccs. The Sky's did great as well except for a specific target and tlc. In the instances where there was a 'performance' problem, Kix acknowledged it and tried to correct. I see none of that going on this time. Again- this went beyond difficult and well into punitive. Given we didn't have much of a choice in build path, this was unacceptable for a monthly event.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    bort said:
    bort said:

All of them worked well for me on auto. The IB had a rocky start but also never was intended for an S target. Despite what some say about the hunter, those worked brilliantly with the right build as did the buccs. The Sky's did great as well except for a specific target and tlc. In the instances where there was a 'performance' problem, Kix acknowledged it and tried to correct. I see none of that going on this time. Again- this went beyond difficult and well into punitive. Given we didn't have much of a choice in build path, this was unacceptable for a monthly event.
    Well the auto hull in this raid was a disaster,   I agree on the auto capability of past fleets, but the Mants did not approach anywhere near that level.  If you didn't drive Mants like you would drive a skill hull you were looking at alot more damage.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • LaidBackPirate
    LaidBackPirate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 20
    Ray_P said:
    bort said:
    bort said:

Well the auto hull in this raid was a disaster,   I agree on the auto capability of past fleets, but the Mants did not approach anywhere near that level.  If you didn't drive Mants like you would drive a skill hull you were looking at alot more damage.

My question would almost be if it was confirmed anywhere that the scatter version of mantis should be considered an auto hull? I mean any hull can auto really, but that doesnt necessarily make it a good idea unless someone has deep pockets.
2»