from a high lvl coiner ex coiner or what ever point of view

2»
  • Cap'n Deadpool
    Cap'n Deadpool
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,903
    bort said:
    bort said:
    6/7 years on one game is Massive. It tells you they did really well to keep you on board so long.
    like i said it used to be highly addictive and highly enjoyable even with some ok maybe alot of screw ups 
    well yeah. but how many other games have you played 6/7 years?

everything gets old after a while.
    And yet I still play TF2, and that's, what... over 10 years old and STILL free to play?

Kix could learn a lesson or two there,
  • swifty165
    swifty165
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 267
    ok kix this is my point of view from a "end game player " for 6 / 7 yrs bp took over from xbox on my gaming fun , for 5 yrs i had weekly vodka driven rampages , i used to flip sometimes at what you implemented but soon got over it , i used to pull ppl into the game , i used to help them develop and spent exactly zero mins on xbox ! Even the damm scourge raid i enjoyed !  
     you have turned a very addictive game and very enjoyable game even with its ups and downs ! into one constant chore to even log on ! i used to come home from work eat while i was playing , drink while i was playing and play when i should be sleeping :-/ even when i spent 1200 gold in a night i used to enjoy it ! 

current game :smile:
    I dont rush back from work , i dont spend 7 or 8 hrs hitting bases , i don't check my base at work , i don't recommend ppl to play , i dont rampage for hours and when i log on the first thought is " what have kix screwed up today " 

That must tell you something !
    oh so true!  i know and feel the same way ! the fun is no longer there, just one big chore now is no fun!
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:
    bort said:
    6/7 years on one game is Massive. It tells you they did really well to keep you on board so long.
    like i said it used to be highly addictive and highly enjoyable even with some ok maybe alot of screw ups 

And yet I still play TF2, and that's, what... over 10 years old and STILL free to play?

Kix could learn a lesson or two there,
    how often do you play?
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    chunnder said:
    bort said:
    chunnder said:
    Bad luck Bort your trolling didn't work, better luck next time lol
    what do you mean trolling? my statement was factual. perhaps you should learn what trolling actually is lol.

the 4 hour dock repair that only started from when you logged in was how it worked for years.

pvp repairs were over a day. if you failed a base attack as a non-coiner, you literally had to wait over a day to try again. as a coiner you paid 48 coins.

build times were 20 days for a single ship for a long time, with no tokens available. even a seawolf was hitting 10 days. these days as an example last month i built 6 ships.

even ships moved at 1/5th of the speed they move at now.

if the game was still like all that, it would have died years ago.
    Nobody actually gives a monkeys toss about you or your opinions buddy, your seen as nothing more than a troll baiter ..... but I expect your well aware of this anyway.
    you seem to. you put in the effort to reply. enjoy your tossing monkey.
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 598
    The way I see it is that there were other problems back then, which people were more inclined to ignore/accept.  That doesn't detract from the fact that there are issues now, but anyone claiming "the old days were great" should take off the rose colored glasses.  Remember the great cargo hold disaster, losing a fleet or more because of that screw up?  Pretty sure the CS person gave me enough gold to get like 1 ship back.  Huzzah.  Or farming salvages for blueprint pieces/res because they meant something back then?
    Toshiyuki dont think anyone has said the old days where problem free ! even i said i coined a goresaber flt and thinking about it hellstroke fleet as well and yes killer build times and it was nerfed ! but what the main points i was trying to make you seem to ignore 

fun things we as pirates used to do 

sector invasion ! when was the last time you saw one sector mass invade another sector ? and we are not just talking for 5 mins these epic fun things went on for hours ! or days !

fight a top end baser off with the lowest lvl sub example for many months i was using cudas to kill off dnx off just ask md's about fights between gunnie and me lol

used the same fleet " we had coined or not " to do multiple tasks , ie as mentioned my triton thuds , i did base hitting , fvf , raid , res , bp from drac bases 

after 5 hours playing have a feeling of damm that was fun insted of damm that was expensive 

so like a few others have said yes we had issues then but we had FUN so we tolerated the problems , now we still get alot of the old problems ie flash crash's "even with 100x more powerful computers so much for its your equipment reply from kix we used to get" we still get things nerfed we have earned or coined , we still have pirates not playing fairly "fairly meaning being naughty with files from kix" , we worked our way round most problems back then to suit us and being a tactical game :P we should be able to work around most things , now if you havnt got the the latest turrets and maximum amount you are fodder as an example 

Pirates are very tolerant to  almost anything a company can throw at them if all or the majority are thrown at them :

a. we have fun , the more fun we have the more tolerant we are 

b. we could  work round latest ship / turret / weapon by being tactical without needing a maths masters degree and know what is actually happening in the game " ie turret damage actual versus what the game says it is "

c. a more lvl playing field ie base hitting there has never been as much hitting down 60 or 70 lvls as there is now because PVP is screwed 

d. we could plan for the short term future ie we had alot more information from kix examples we had WIP yes we hated it when they got it wrong but we could at least voice a concern before something was implemented , it seemed the Players had more of a voice in the game  

e. we could spend hours waiting for a repair chatting on comms or watching battles now majority of the time comms is dead or 2 or 3 players on it max.so if we dont want to coin we just walk away till we can play again .

f. we spent less time on chores as we had less chores to do ! and we had more time having Fun and then we played for more hours ! i can not remember in the last 2 yrs when i have played the game from the time i came home from work to going back to work , how ever i can remember almost every week doing it at least once play from 6pm till 6am none stop except maybe a few 10 mins off 

the one thing that is common with any none naughty pirate when you speak to them what has changed in the game one common word is FUN

playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • chopsy
    chopsy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 131
    edited 17 May 2018, 4:07PM
    The way I see it is that there were other problems back then, which people were more inclined to ignore/accept.  That doesn't detract from the fact that there are issues now, but anyone claiming "the old days were great" should take off the rose colored glasses.  Remember the great cargo hold disaster, losing a fleet or more because of that screw up?  Pretty sure the CS person gave me enough gold to get like 1 ship back.  Huzzah.  Or farming salvages for blueprint pieces/res because they meant something back then?

fun things we as pirates used to do 

sector invasion ! when was the last time you saw one sector mass invade another sector ? and we are not just talking for 5 mins these epic fun things went on for hours ! or days !

fight a top end baser off with the lowest lvl sub example for many months i was using cudas to kill off dnx off just ask md's about fights between gunnie and me lol

^^^  THIS so much

PvP is extremely broken and now only the very top hitters can hope to hit on an equal level to their own base.  It's not fun and it doesn't make me feel good to have to hit down to get my alliance pts but unfortunately it's where Kixeye policy has driven PvP.  

There is no way a little guy can hit above his weight any more, so the whales run rampant and the small bases sit on the map getting re-bubbled over and over without repairing because they are frustrated with the lack of balance and options for reasonable spenders.  
    where did the fun go?  would you mind bringing it back?  
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,013

A little guy CAN hit above his weight but it has to be against those with sub-par bases..
    If they get the tools of course

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,251
    edited 18 May 2018, 4:23AM
    cmarch_82 said:
    bort said:
    bort said:

There is a big difference between old and messing up a good game. The guy is giving his opinion and you come back to defend Kixeye. He makes very good points that a lot of people can relate to. You just want to troll him and get the last word. 
    The op did give his opinion on a forum  to where other people could reply with theirs. hopefully the decision was made to have others  even with opposing  views to say something.  I do agree with the aspect that the game does not bring anywhere near the excitement that it did five,six years ago. It is still fun but the  thrill f the game is not the same.  Maybe it is because of changes or just the familiarity of it being here.
    I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 598
    edited 19 May 2018, 3:29AM
    cmarch_82 said:
    bort said:
    bort said:

There is a big difference between old and messing up a good game. The guy is giving his opinion and you come back to defend Kixeye. He makes very good points that a lot of people can relate to. You just want to troll him and get the last word. 
    The op did give his opinion on a forum  to where other people could reply with theirs. hopefully the decision was made to have others  even with opposing  views to say something.  I do agree with the aspect that the game does not bring anywhere near the excitement that it did five,six years ago. It is still fun but the  thrill f the game is not the same.  Maybe it is because of changes or just the familiarity of it being here.
    to used to the forums to worry about troll replies :P:smile:
    but james what is fun at the moment in the game ? because your obviously seeing a point ive missed 
    playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Fleas_In_My_Beard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,013

but james what is fun at the moment in the game ? because your obviously seeing a point ive missed 

Sector or Alliance comms will provide all the fun you can handle.
    As an example, start a discussion about the worst player name you can think of.
    I once came across a player who had named him or herself after an intimate toy wrapped in barbwire...
    For obvious reasons, I can't say what the name was, & probably said too much lol

Remember that many of us do play simply because of the social aspect of the game. The banter, the trash talk, & the exchanging of ideas.

Fleas for free for all pirates, you're very welcome
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,251
    cmarch_82 said:
    bort said:
    bort said:

I still like hitting bases and  like the difficulty change in the fm. It is fun to  build and try to be able to do the fm more easily. I do agree with a lot of what you have said but not to the point of saying that I do not enjoy playing the game. And I am also a person who used to set an alarm to wake up and start a repair on another fleet  just to keep going in the game.  But  that is when we had  the big ships and prizes to win and set goals for, now  that we have had so much time in the game the new hulls is just a matter of spending a little time during the month to get and  the excitement  to win a battle  or gain another hull is diminished and not nearly as important.

I cannot teach anybody anything. 
  • BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 628
    edited 20 May 2018, 6:14PM
    ok kix this is my point of view from a "end game player " for 6 / 7 yrs bp took over from xbox on my gaming fun , for 5 yrs i had weekly vodka driven rampages , i used to flip sometimes at what you implemented but soon got over it , i used to pull ppl into the game , i used to help them develop and spent exactly zero mins on xbox ! Even the damm scourge raid i enjoyed !  
     you have turned a very addictive game and very enjoyable game even with its ups and downs ! into one constant chore to even log on ! i used to come home from work eat while i was playing , drink while i was playing and play when i should be sleeping :-/ even when i spent 1200 gold in a night i used to enjoy it ! 

current game :smile:
    I dont rush back from work , i dont spend 7 or 8 hrs hitting bases , i don't check my base at work , i don't recommend ppl to play , i dont rampage for hours and when i log on the first thought is " what have kix screwed up today " 

That must tell you something !
    Trust me on this one bud... it doesn't. To them that means you just got bored with the game or don't have the mental capabilities to keep up with the current state of the game.

It means nothing to kixeye that people stop coining and inviting people in or writing articles about how to help players.

They don't seem to care in any way.   

Sorry bud, as all other "end game" players will tell you. We share the same feelings, but most of us realize it's pointless to talk to them.

If you aren't a part of kixeyes bureaucracy, your words fall on deaf ears.
  • Bindewe
    Bindewe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 214
    RavenRulz said:
    Yes there were problems that made a lot of people quit but there were awesome friendships made that kept people in the game and I remember all those sec battles that lasted for hours when we all had fun, in those days we protected our base hitters in fact unless you have seen that awesome sight of 50 odd fleets travelling to battle you really don't know what this game was about.
    This, this right here.  We got addicted to this, we held on to hopes of keeping it. We tolerated all the crap to do this. But now Unsupervised play is gone, everything we do has been monetized and you can't even coin your way top less seat time.  I logged in today, did the reavers raid daily looked at how much resources i needed to start a build, how much time the campaign will take to get the weapon and said nope.  So I came here like A lot of you because I too remember how fun it was and want it back.  It's a bit like a lover that was amazing in bed, great to hang with but went all super psycho possessive and abusive.  I want what it was, I want what it could be,  but the **** aint worth hanging on to.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,023
    Closing two month old thread.
2»
This discussion has been closed.