Altairian Outposts

ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 40

Just so kixeye is absolutely clear, the altairian outposts cause wayyyy more damage than theyre worth in Intel. I've tried a 90 and an 80, with mk4 exterminators and mk4 guardians for decoys, (would have tried a 70, they're listed in the available targets list, but I've yet to actually see one spawn) and, in the 2 hits, I've accrued more than 25 hours of repairs and only earned 120k. And I'm using all metaphase shields, so that's just raw rep time. Why won't you make this game feel like its at least worth the effort of trying?

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,022
    Did you even bother avoiding projectiles with tanking cruisers? Did you bother giving them max armor and min weapons to maximize the repair efficiency? Did you bother putting rechargeable shields on all ships to be able to keep them till the base falls?
    You were not prepared and yet you complain. There is a video with all the axis ships killing lv100/110 base with only a few hours repair in total after both hits a row.
    Why won't you even pretend that you made an effort of trying?
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,534
    Some tips that have worked for me: 

I would recommend putting strafe thrusters V (not binary thrusters.  The point is to give the best maneuverability for the task at hand, as well as allowing more tonnage for better weapons) on the destroyers, if you haven't done so already.  As well, keeping them at a distance set by the default formation tends to give a higher rate of projectile avoidance, in case you may have been bunching them together.  Results may vary in your case, but that alone should help reduce damage by a large factor.  

Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::
  • ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    Potential Threat

@Sequestor said:
    Did you even bother avoiding projectiles with tanking cruisers? Did you bother giving them max armor and min weapons to maximize the repair efficiency? Did you bother putting rechargeable shields on all ships to be able to keep them till the base falls?
    You were not prepared and yet you complain. There is a video with all the axis ships killing lv100/110 base with only a few hours repair in total after both hits a row.
    Why won't you even pretend that you made an effort of trying?

I did make an effort. The 90 wiped me out with 76% remaining. That's not a misclick or not trying to avoid projectiles. That's overpowered BS.

• ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    Potential Threat
    edited 12 May 2018, 9:29PM

@Junren-JS said:
    Some tips that have worked for me: 

I would recommend putting strafe thrusters V (not binary thrusters.  The point is to give the best maneuverability for the task at hand, as well as allowing more tonnage for better weapons) on the destroyers, if you haven't done so already.  As well, keeping them at a distance set by the default formation tends to give a higher rate of projectile avoidance, in case you may have been bunching them together.  Results may vary in your case, but that alone should help reduce damage by a large factor.  

I use the tigers claw formation and then shift the guards out a little and away a little. I've been playing this game for 3 years, I know how to hit a base. I hit a 90 in the event last week and eeked out with 25% on one destroyer left, which is why I thought I could handle one this time. Mobilizations used to be a little easier since you got less time and no base hits, now its buffed just like the rest. Everything in this game is a gimmick to get you to spend money. It was a great game but now its just a bottomless pit of pay to play.

(comment edited to remove undiplomatic reference)

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,534
    I'm a little curious on how you're tackling the outposts, then, taking into account your game experience.  There should be plenty of videos on how to take down these targets;  what are you doing differently?  How do you think the outposts have differed from prior events? 

Note:  Apologies in advance for editing your latest reply.  I felt you had a valid reason for putting up what you did, so I simply removed the offending reference at the tail end of your post.  Otherwise, nothing's changed and your message remains up. 
    Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::
  • ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    Potential Threat

@Junren-JS said:
    I'm a little curious on how you're tackling the outposts, then, taking into account your game experience.  There should be plenty of videos on how to take down these targets;  what are you doing differently?  How do you think the outposts have differed from prior events? 

Note:  Apologies in advance for editing your latest reply.  I felt you had a valid reason for putting up what you did, so I simply removed the offending reference at the tail end of your post.  Otherwise, nothing's changed and your message remains up. 

I hit the outpost the exact same as I did before, bring everything up to the firing radius, allow the guards to move forward a little, and then the destroyers. Focus on one target, while using my guards to draw fire. I'm getting hit by maybe 2 of 5 shots. Very cautious to only be in range of one group of modules at a time, by the time I make it to the bridge, my guards are down 80% or more, and before the bridge is half dead, I'm down to 3 destroyers with 1700 DPS, and they just can't make the gap.

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,120

I have watched videos especially from Cyrus, constantly moving decoys and strafing destroyers is easy on pc, try it on mobile, another story.

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,120

Only thing that would probably work is 6 destroyers at default gaps and strafing left right, no decoys to worry about micro moving.