Official 4.29 Release Notes Discussion Thread

CM_Lee
CM_Lee
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
edited 29 Apr 2018, 5:14PM
Release notes discussion thread. Post comments and points on conversation.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/733543
VC Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 580
    That's one way to force people to get a hull and build it.
  • Synexord
    Synexord
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 48
    What I will do after this update:
    - refit almost all my ships with the deflector shield
    - put the new driver projectile on my blank mk5 paragons (I'm a non coiner who scored 26M points in the AW, that should tell you how much I farmed lol)
    I hope the alterian outposts will be as beautiful as the golden mk6 paragon ^^

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/ps/4ruuc3uyrjs4.gif
    id 13972296 - [NOV] Nova Darkness leader - Vip rank 0
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 954

I agree Bastion overdrive was OP but......

(rant at Kix to follow so skip of you want!)

Surprise surprise....Kix release a cruiser, get people to buy coin packages for mark up materials because you really need that OP ship to remain competitive, then nerf it later.....so you can promote the next op hull down the line.

Punisher and XDC ring any bells for anyone? I don't really care about the bug excuse or 'we look at our stats', end result is the same, People got screwed over. People bought based on those hull stats and now it's gone.

We all know what Kix's response will be already, will be 'you bought time only' not markup materials...hahahahaha. Don't forget, Vega, like all Kix games is in Beta, which also means Kix has never once actually finished making a game...;). Must be depressing working for a company who has never actually finished making a single product.

PS - has Kix checked the tyrant stats yet? When's that nerf coming? Pretty sure that's as bad as the Bastion issue.

PPS - why but buff the other ship overdriven instead of nerfing? You are increasing the XP levels anyway right?

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,521
    edited 30 Apr 2018, 3:00AM
    Tyrants can be killed at least, Bastions can not. I have been pushing for an increase in XP for Scourge Fuel.

The Overdrive ability of the other ships has not been changed, the health damage and armor bonus are both passive. The XP has been increased because there is too much potential for Altairian ships in level 60-70 battles, not to mention that Paragon Battleships are OP in base combat.
  • Eagle-X
    Eagle-X
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 15
    ahhh, what ships should I make now.. I am affraid Kixeye and 'a number trusted players' will nerf/downgrade other ships again.
    I dont want to waste my money/coins and SF time to build ships that will be downgraded again.

Paragon with lance driver/ Phased Solenoid/Ballistic Sabot will be too op.. there is no guarantee, kixeye and trusted players will not downgrade it again.
    Inquisitor Destroyer will be op too.. there is no guarantee, kixeye and trusted players will not downgrade it again.

If kixeye want more players build/invest/donate in paragon/cavalier why not only upgrade their hull/overdrive
  • Necromancer of Ashes
    Necromancer of Ashes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 411

Would this affect bastions in event fleets?

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 677

probably not, as they already have massively extended range as it is
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 677

Just like when Paul Preece did not know that the Valkyrie Carrier in supply run fleets had the stasis effect, his reply...... ohh that should not be in there.

18 months later they still have it 
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod

The event ships have the same Overdrive as ours, so you should see a range reduction... (not that it really matters since they got so much range already)
  • majim.sarus
    majim.sarus
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 83

The event ships have the same Overdrive as ours, so you should see a range reduction... (not that it really matters since they got so much range already)
    I am sure that isn't effect of overdrive since the start of the battle they have that outrageous range, same to guardian cruisers in Axis deceiver fleets (only that mk3) witch are equipped with unique and never offered plasma dmg weapon
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 188

I think it actually matters because we can use carrier to take them more easily. but yes it's still really long range.
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain

@Cyrus Leung said:
    Tyrants can be killed at least, Bastions can not. I have been pushing for an increase in XP for Scourge Fuel.

The Overdrive ability of the other ships has not been changed, the health damage and armor bonus are both passive. The XP has been increased because there is too much potential for Altairian ships in level 60-70 battles, not to mention that Paragon Battleships are OP in base combat.

Bastions can be killed with the right fitting on Paragons. Without damage. Can you do that to a tyrant? You know better than that. Don't say bastions can't be killed when they can.

This whole excuse of OP is purely because of the upcoming event where an overdrive Bastion would have same range as destroyer. At least we should stop being told lie after lie.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod

@Cyrus Leung said:

Bastions can be killed with the right fitting on Paragons. Without damage. Can you do that to a tyrant? You know better than that. Don't say bastions can't be killed when they can.

This whole excuse of OP is purely because of the upcoming event where an overdrive Bastion would have same range as destroyer. At least we should stop being told lie after lie.

Only Bastions that have maxed shields can be killed that way, otherwise they can outrange the Paragons once their Overdrive activates.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,650

@Cyrus Leung said:

We have seen and tested in the recent AW that even with the overdrive that can kill destroyer the damage taken by the Bastion was not acceptable (at least by me) and I switched to a different strategy. Do not forget that destroyers have huge by pass, hence the damage is taken no matter what overdrive you have. yes I tried to use one bastion with minimum shields and the result was more or less the same.

On a personal note I like the changes, bring more diversity to the game, players will use more ships, however it is frustrating to see such changes... but we should be used to that.

I would have reduced the extra damage of the overdrive, but that will not fit well with Kixeye... no damage policy!
  • Jamie Helm
    Jamie Helm
    Strike-force Captain

@Andrea Nard1 and @Cyrus Leung , I actually agree with the nerfing, but not with the justification - especially when people blew coins to get it and now it's been nerfed - that's my beef.

They should know their game better. They should not hide behind this beta excuse all the time to change things post live to suit their need for profit. They should compensate impacted players who blew coins to mk elite these things. Hell, they might even try playing the game....we all knew it was OP on release and Kix excuse is that someone who actually works on the game code did not know. How is that possible? Is it incompetence or deliberate?

Cyrus - you are right about people running low shields 'exploit', but then the counter changes to a bastion / paragon mix.

Bottom line, they should admit that people found a way of exploitong overdrive using low shields and that it would mean they don't make enough money on next event so that's why they did it. Nothing to do with player feedback - else the tyrant would have got it too.

• TheBigKebowski
    TheBigKebowski
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 35

Yes, the Bastion was OP, and it probably should have been knocked back a bit. But I’ll say something new here. The Paragon overdrive is STILL pathetic. In my opinion, the Bastion will still be better than the Paragon, because the overdrive on the Paragon is WEAK. Even with the nominal increase in stats, the whole premise of the Paragon OD remains poorly thought out. I do not expect to see a ton of Paragons out there. As for the Cavalier, time will tell, but I suspect it is true for that too.